Prove there's a god.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#612637 Mar 30, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>I've been called delusional but you're off the scale. I can't get past your first sentence because anything you say after that lie is meaningless. We've been through this before and you still don't get it.
Scientist #1, "We have this group of molecules over here, and we can verify that they conduct electricity".
Aura, "So then that is the mechanism of consciousness, right"?
Scientist #1, "No, that is the mechanism of electrical conduction. IOW the transmission of a thought is not the same as the origination of a thought"
Aura, "Quit making supernatural claims".
Go ahead, show me how a thought is formed. Molecules rub their electrons together? If that 's the case then it sounds like the molecules themselves are conscious.
No wonder you guys worship Sam Harris. Or should I say, no wonder you guys are so delusional; it's because you worship Sam Harris, who doesn't have a clue as to what consciousness is either.
OK Mr disingenuous , Quote " electrical signals"
Unquote. That does not correspond to any of your Quote "tripe"
Unquote.

http://www.mind.ilstu.edu/curriculum/neurons_...

The brain functions on electrochemical pulses fired through a neural network of synapses of a numerical order numbering in in the hundreds of trillions in the human mind.
In fact the sheer number of these connections separate us from lower primates. Well most of us anyway, you could be an exception to the rule.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_synapse

Next time Mr. humble please bring something other than a deep rooted feeling that there is something that cannot be seen or understood, because simply .

Human understanding quite so very exceeds your ability to do so, and this can be proven. Again again and again.
Belief is not a strong position to guard from, it is the recourse of a superstitious mind with no avenue of fact to support it's premise.
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#612638 Mar 30, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and you have the admirable qualities of a Statesmen and dignitary , if plagues have such representatives.
That's quite an eloquent response coming from low life sub human garbage.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#612640 Mar 30, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> That's quite an eloquent response coming from low life sub human garbage.
Who ever calls you sub human is forgetting what a monkey they are, ain't it bongo?
christianity is EVIL

Dartmouth, Canada

#612641 Mar 30, 2013
Black Mormon Pope wrote:
<quoted text>Which sounds like the only assurance that you have and thus you jest. The proof that there is a God is you here trying to prove that there is not.
non sequitor FALLACY,xians do that a lot when unable to prove god

btw your god disproved

www.evilbible.com/Impossible.htm
Forum

Lovington, NM

#612643 Mar 30, 2013
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
non sequitor FALLACY,xians do that a lot when unable to prove god
btw your god disproved
www.evilbible.com/Impossible.htm
So some of us are born believing in God
and some don't?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#612644 Mar 30, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
the belief in god(s) certainly has had an effect upon society and culture. The beliefs in the abrahamic gods have a toxic and dangerous effect, and is certainly worthy of condemnation.
Like there are no toxic atheists/antichristers?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-619043...

There are zealots in every ideological group. You can't hold an entire group responsible for nuts that express similar beliefs.

Location hidden

#612645 Mar 30, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>...
You suffer a propensity to "supernatural" belief. Your judgement is not trustworthy.
So does your buddy IANS; now go tell him that his predilection towards belief in the supernatural renders his opinions worthless. xD

Location hidden

#612646 Mar 30, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Tough to be an enemy of what ain't.
That makes your 21k+ posts completely pointless.

Location hidden

#612647 Mar 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
RR's "assurance" is pretty much nothing more than that's what he wants to believe even if all reality demonstrates it's fallacious.
Says the guy who wears a dress and uses a voice modulator to sound like a woman on his militant vlogs. That's some amazing confidence that YOU have in your illusion of femininity. You must sound like Rusty Nail after all those years of smoking. You've likely inspired many a nightmare in the children that have seen you attired in full tran regalia, minus the modulator.

Location hidden

#612648 Mar 30, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>But here you should take that back; you spend too much time trying to label others when you don't see yourself.
I've spent enough time here on topix since 1997 to know how each team tends to play. I've done my share of name calling but not by drawing "first blood". And so, when nano explained that she was just giving it back after she could only take so much, I believe her.
It was not about "only take so much" but more about "it seems to be the language of the land", a "While in Rome..." attitude. Why should there be a double standard on Topix, ya know? Civility gets you no place with rabid dogs. Plus, it's funny to see creeps who have only, ever replied with hostility trying to act innocent, like they didn't provoke a nasty comment from the onset (day one) of my visit to Topix. OCB and Karl are typical of the so-called free-thinkers here, pseudo-intellectual hypocrites who appear to believe that abusing people will sway them to their side of any argument. It cracks me up when they have the nerve to call their snide remarks "debate".

Location hidden

#612649 Mar 30, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
.... is quite simply insane.
There is a huge difference between assertive and abusive. You are being abusive here.
Forum

Lovington, NM

#612650 Mar 30, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Like there are no toxic atheists/antichristers?
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-619043...
There are zealots in every ideological group. You can't hold an entire group responsible for nuts that express similar beliefs.
The lost sheep are always found and go home.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#612651 Mar 31, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>That makes your 21k+ posts completely pointless.
How so?

I await your always kind words of wisdom to enlighten me.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#612652 Mar 31, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It was not about "only take so much" but more about "it seems to be the language of the land", a "While in Rome..." attitude. Why should there be a double standard on Topix, ya know? Civility gets you no place with rabid dogs. Plus, it's funny to see creeps who have only, ever replied with hostility trying to act innocent, like they didn't provoke a nasty comment from the onset (day one) of my visit to Topix. OCB and Karl are typical of the so-called free-thinkers here, pseudo-intellectual hypocrites who appear to believe that abusing people will sway them to their side of any argument. It cracks me up when they have the nerve to call their snide remarks "debate".
And you set a fine example of calm, reasoned debate.

We should all learn from your wisdom and patience with all those who are so distantly inferior to you.

May I beg your forgiveness for all of us who hold opinions different than yours?

Please. I pray thee.
Largelanguage

Wem, UK

#612654 Mar 31, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
We should all learn from your wisdom and patience with all those who are so distantly inferior to you.
May I beg your forgiveness for all of us who hold opinions different than yours?
Please. I pray thee.
It is very insulting what you are doing. Nanoanomaly was attacked terribly, and she did well not to have a breakdown. You ought to be proud of her for that, cheeky little urchin! Stupid little boy!

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#612655 Mar 31, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>It is very insulting what you are doing. Nanoanomaly was attacked terribly, and she did well not to have a breakdown. You ought to be proud of her for that, cheeky little urchin! Stupid little boy!
I'm do sorry.

I admit, nano has been nothing but patient and kind to those whose opinions differ from hers.

And if course, we are all to blame for her misfortunes.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#612656 Mar 31, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>I'm do sorry.

I admit, nano has been nothing but patient and kind to those whose opinions differ from hers.

And if course, we are all to blame for her misfortunes.
"So", not do.

And "of", not if.

Location hidden

#612657 Mar 31, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Please. I pray thee.
You are the abusers here. This thread is in the Top Stories forum yet you behave as if it is your own private domain and no one but atheists and wiccans have a right to post opinions without ridicule. You are bullies, liars and hypocrites. I've seen you scumbags follow new posters into their home forums to harass them and try to get private info about them, ridicule them in front of people they know. All because you want to squash all opinions that are different than your own, to censor believers. You would take away the right of freedom of speech (and even freedom of thought) from believers if you could. You are oppressors of the worst kind.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#612659 Mar 31, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You are the abusers here. This thread is in the Top Stories forum yet you behave as if it is your own private domain and no one but atheists and wiccans have a right to post opinions without ridicule. You are bullies, liars and hypocrites. I've seen you scumbags follow new posters into their home forums to harass them and try to get private info about them, ridicule them in front of people they know. All because you want to squash all opinions that are different than your own, to censor believers. You would take away the right of freedom of speech (and even freedom of thought) from believers if you could. You are oppressors of the worst kind.
Yes.

You're right, of course.

We're terrible, terrible people.

Can you ever forgive us?

Location hidden

#612660 Mar 31, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
It is very insulting what you are doing. Nanoanomaly was attacked terribly, and she did well not to have a breakdown. You ought to be proud of her for that, cheeky little urchin! Stupid little boy!
As IF these morons could cause something like that!? I've dealt with far worse predators than these sissified worms and still kept it together.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 min Holy Jehowa Witness 445,832
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min inbred Genius 2,112
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 4 min Holy Jehowa Witness 33,209
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 184,816
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Holy Jehowa Witness 678,575
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 39 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 118,535
preparing to make slaves of all "human" americans 42 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 8
More from around the web