Prove there's a god.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#612375 Mar 27, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>You wrote :
<quoted text>That passive aggressive and insulting. You are accusing me of having a mental problem such as a persecution complex. It's in the topix atheist's playbook; find a way to passively aggravate the sh*t out of your opponent and then accuse them of being unstable.
So I guess if I said you may have anger management issues and a tendency to lie and misrepresent, to get what you want, then I am not insulting you? Hey well then I would appreciate it if you remember that next time I say such a thing to you.
Oops- correction- I did say you "sound" as if you are suffering from a persecution complex; however, that is NOT the same as saying that you ARE.

WhatEVER......my GOD!! Some people get their panties in such a tight wad over......nothing!

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#612376 Mar 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Those examples or not "in the name of God". They're are "in the name of self"...
What?

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#612377 Mar 27, 2013
OCB wrote:

You seem to think certain posts are targeted for deletion by the "atheist" Topix people with some of those posts being YOURS.
I'm not assuming anything; just that it wouldn't surprise me if such a thing was happening. I do actually believe it's just a glitch; it's been happening for years. But it does seem that it's the longer posts that get hit with this problem.

I find that initially the posts gets posted but then when you leave and return to the page you find that the post is gone. Sometimes it posts if I repeat post (I save/copy any long post before I post it, just in case) but in the past I've noticed that it usually never comes back on its own, and I found if I immediately post a couple shorter posts to follow it, then it tends to make the missing posts appear.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#612378 Mar 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still waiting for you to back up the assertion tha Christians do "wrong or harm" in the name of God....
psssst...... Google's free.
Okay......as tedious as it is to have to do research FOR you- yet AGAIN:

1. Indiana's mega-church leader Jack Schaap, 55, is set to face federal prosecutors this week because of his relationship with a 17-year-old female. The female attended Schaap's church and often received personal counseling and reportedly 662 text messages from the pastor.

According to Schaap, the relationship was the will of God. He writes in a letter to the teen "This is exactly what Christ desires. He wants to marry us + become eternal lovers!" Schaap has been charged with taking a minor across state lines with the intent to engage in criminal sexual activity.

"Jesus Told Me To Do It!" 6 Crazy Crimes Committed In The Name Of Religion (LIST)
Posted March 15, 2013 by Nyasia Draper for Global Grind Staff
Click here to find out more!

The lord works in mysterious ways.

PHOTOS: White Smoke! Meet The New Pope, Habemum Papam Bergoglio, Voted By The Roman Catholic Cardinals

Religion is the foundation for some. It serves as a guide to how lives should be lived, the construct of relationships, and it sets a standard for humanity. Jesus has been calling shots since the beginning of time. However, criminals and weirdos alike have been using religion as an alibi to their wrong doing. Unfortunately for them, there is no law that exempts their actions as an act done on the grounds of religious freedom.

Here is a list of the craziest things done in the name of Jesus!

1. Indiana's mega-church leader Jack Schaap, 55, is set to face federal prosecutors this week because of his relationship with a 17-year-old female. The female attended Schaap's church and often received personal counseling and reportedly 662 text messages from the pastor. According to Schaap, the relationship was the will of God. He writes in a letter to the teen "This is exactly what Christ desires. He wants to marry us + become eternal lovers!" Schaap has been charged with taking a minor across state lines with the intent to engage in criminal sexual activity.

2. In 2005, then 25-year-old Isaiah Kalebu broke into a lesbian couple's home and proceeded to torture, rape, and stab them. One of the victims, Teresa Butz, died in front of her home as neighbors tried to save her life. Butz surviving partner was able to identify her attacker but Kalebu insisted he was innocent on the ground that he was only following God's instructions. The Seattle Times reports the attacker saying "I was there and I was told by my God, the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob, to attack my enemies, and I did so." Kalebu is obviously crazy because he had to be strapped to a wheel chair in restraints because of his "disruptive behavior." The man once swallowed a pencil. I bet when asked why he's so damn crazy, Kalebu response was religion based.

3. In another report of God makes people do crazy things- a woman faced murder charges in 2008 for killing her common law husband. Donna Marie Redding told authorities her husband used the Lord's name in vein too often so she shot him. Redding said, "Jesus told me to do it" and that her husband was "the devil". She shot and killed her husband with a shotgun while her nephew and brother-in-law invlogged a natural spring outside the couples home. Without warning, Jesus whispered in Redding's ear and she ended an innocent man's life.

http://globalgrind.com/news/6-crazy-crimes-co...

You can find the other 3 at the above link.

And of course, this is just SIX cases out of who knows how many thousands and thousands.

And there were the witch hunts, the Inquisitions.....

Location hidden

#612379 Mar 27, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
You nailed it. Now show me your hammer. ;)
Just pet me and it's all yours :)
I love the kitten pic, worth a thousand words.
You're not busy now? >:)
I bought a time machine from Amazon

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#612380 Mar 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Who did?
"A" 52 year old man that bombed an abortion center? lol
Did he cry out "IN THE NAME OF GOD!" as he lit the supposed bomb?
Did Palin say "We're at war in Iraq in the name of God"??!
Nope.
Actually, Bush was very clear that he claimed to get his instructions from god.

And I seriously doubt that any secular person would bomb an abortion clinic. That is a distinctly religious hot button issue. While I'm sure there are atheists/agnostics that don't favor abortion rights, I tend to doubt any are extremists about it.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#612381 Mar 27, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not assuming anything; just that it wouldn't surprise me if such a thing was happening. I do actually believe it's just a glitch; it's been happening for years. But it does seem that it's the longer posts that get hit with this problem.
I find that initially the posts gets posted but then when you leave and return to the page you find that the post is gone. Sometimes it posts if I repeat post (I save/copy any long post before I post it, just in case) but in the past I've noticed that it usually never comes back on its own, and I found if I immediately post a couple shorter posts to follow it, then it tends to make the missing posts appear.
Okay.....I really don't care if my posts show up or not so I don't follow it as you do.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#612382 Mar 27, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Al, it is the BELIEF in a god which has always been an influence, but that BELIEF has NOT influenced the lives of EVERYONE and all the more since not EVERYONE believes in the god you believe in or in any god at all.
Regardless, it is not "God" who has been an influence; only the BELIEF in one god or another.
That is your belief, and I have mine.
You may not believe that he (God) exists in a physical sense but the Bible clearly states that God is a spirit, unable to be seen unless he chooses. It is through that spirit that I understand, or at least seek to understand God. It is through that unseen force that I believe many things beyond our understanding occur.(I'm beginning to sound like a fundy here huh?!) lol!
I understand that there are some that don't believe in God, there are also some that have heard of him but don't know who he is to me. That's all I'm trying to get out there.

San Francisco, CA

#612383 Mar 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Who did?
"A" 52 year old man that bombed an abortion center? lol
Did he cry out "IN THE NAME OF GOD!" as he lit the supposed bomb?
Did Palin say "We're at war in Iraq in the name of God"??!
Nope.
A guy who shot an abortion doctor, and killed him, expressly stated that he did it because under his religious beliefs abortion doctors are murderers and should be killed.

When we invaded Iraq, W said several times that it was a crusade, and that God was on our side.

Location hidden

#612384 Mar 27, 2013
That post didn't come out right. I was talking to Kitten Koder not to nano.

nanoanomaly wrote:

"Consciousness is still a mystery..."

and
KittenKoder wrote:
Not it's not.
You have no right to call anyone else clueless when you make such pompous and outright false statements.

There that's better.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#612385 Mar 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you know what "int the name of ..." means.
Typically it means, "by the authority of", as in "Open up, in the name of the law!", or
"on behalf of", as in "She made a donation in her daughter's name."

So who does harmful things nowadays "in the name of God"?

San Francisco, CA

#612386 Mar 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still waiting for you to back up the assertion tha Christians do "wrong or harm" in the name of God....
psssst...... Google's free.
Not to mention the horrific violence and murder carried out by the Catholic church for centuries.

Can you spell I-n-q-u-i-s-i-t-i-o-n?

What about t-or-t-u-r-e?

All done for your skydaddy, dude. In his name, for his pleasure.

“Talk Nerdy 2 me (>-<)”

Since: Dec 08

Reno

#612387 Mar 27, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I love her enough to stand up for what's right. Why do you assume that love is only sexual? There is such a thing as honest love. If you don't know what it is, I highly suggest you seek it. God would not punish my for adultery as I have committed none.
I guess he missed that whole part about love thy neighbor, or in our case, love the sinner. LOLOL

Location hidden

#612388 Mar 27, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Okay.....I really don't care if my posts show up or not so I don't follow it as you do.
You write mile-long posts, you're passionate about proving your side, and you don't care if they show up? Please. It's about time you get on the level. Ooops, did I insult you? Or was it just a legitimate observation?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#612389 Mar 27, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>That is your belief, and I have mine.
You may not believe that he (God) exists in a physical sense but the Bible clearly states that God is a spirit, unable to be seen unless he chooses. It is through that spirit that I understand, or at least seek to understand God. It is through that unseen force that I believe many things beyond our understanding occur.(I'm beginning to sound like a fundy here huh?!) lol!
I understand that there are some that don't believe in God, there are also some that have heard of him but don't know who he is to me. That's all I'm trying to get out there.
One can't logically use a book of faith as prove of the existence of any god.

That would mean I can use "The Night Before Christmas" as proof of the existence of Santa Claus.

I understand where you're coming from Al, but still- you are trying to claim that that which has not been proven to exist influences people when what really influences people is their BELIEF that a god does (or to be fair, does NOT) exist.

The same can be said of Santa Claus- it is not Santa Claus himself who influences children; it is the BELIEF in Santa Claus which influences children.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#612390 Mar 27, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text> You have no right to call anyone else clueless when you make such pompous and outright false statements.
Hey!!! Watch who yer calling clueless, tubule boy!

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#612391 Mar 27, 2013
Pokay wrote:
That post didn't come out right. I was talking to Kitten Koder not to nano.
nanoanomaly wrote:
"Consciousness is still a mystery..."
and
<quoted text>
You have no right to call anyone else clueless when you make such pompous and outright false statements.
There that's better.
lol

I thought so.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#612392 Mar 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Typically it means, "by the authority of", as in "Open up, in the name of the law!", or
"on behalf of", as in "She made a donation in her daughter's name."
So who does harmful things nowadays "in the name of God"?
I just posted a link to you of six crimes committed in the name of god within the last few years.

READ it.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#612393 Mar 27, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Nope- it's stupid to ask for proof of the influence of a being whose existence has never been proven.
God's existence has been felt, heard & seen by billions of people over the years.

Those can't be proven though, no more than you can prove you love your husband, even though you do...

San Francisco, CA

#612394 Mar 27, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>You write mile-long posts, you're passionate about proving your side, and you don't care if they show up? Please. It's about time you get on the level. Ooops, did I insult you? Or was it just a legitimate observation?
Do you know a poster by the name of Skombolis?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Robert F 603,032
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 8 min dollarsbill 7,825
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 14 min Neelakaran 7,604
News Belichick: Long injury list linked to Super Bow... 42 min Fart news 15
9/11&bin 57 min REV CAROL 1
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... (Feb '15) 59 min USaWORLDWARMONGERER 986
sexy girl want to Skype fun Skype: dilinazi20 1 hr salman 14
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 3,750
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 11 hr Serah 613,064
More from around the web