Prove there's a god.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#612400 Mar 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
God's existence has been felt, heard & seen by billions of people over the years.
Those can't be proven though, no more than you can prove you love your husband, even though you do...
Right- it can't be proven so it's not objective fact.

Right- it can't be proven that I love my man, so it's not objective fact.

But the difference is that I am not here trying to convince anyone that I love my man or to tell them they are wrong if they don't believe I love my man.

But you on the other hand.....you ARE trying to convince EVERYONE that your god is real and you tell people they are WRONG when they tell you they don't believe that your god is real.

I'm not trying to shove my love for my man down your throat; however, you are trying to shove your beliefs down the throats of others.

BIG difference, RR.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#612401 Mar 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit. Several posters here, including YOU have changed my thinking about gay marriage.
People can change, as can their thoughts.
<quoted text>
It's not all about beliefs, OCB. It's also about a state of mind & tolerance.
Tolerance, or lack thereof, is not limited to religious people only.
Okay- but your disdain and contempt for homosexuals is still very much a part of who and what you are.

Whatever- I gotta get going- things to do, places to go and people to see.

Peace out.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#612402 Mar 27, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Okay......as tedious as it is to have to do research FOR you- yet AGAIN:
1. Indiana's mega-church leader Jack Schaap, 55, is set to face federal prosecutors this week because of his relationship with a 17-year-old female. The female attended Schaap's church and often received personal counseling and reportedly 662 text messages from the pastor.
According to Schaap, the relationship was the will of God. He writes in a letter to the teen "This is exactly what Christ desires. He wants to marry us + become eternal lovers!" Schaap has been charged with taking a minor across state lines with the intent to engage in criminal sexual activity.
"Jesus Told Me To Do It!" 6 Crazy Crimes Committed In The Name Of Religion (LIST)
Posted March 15, 2013 by Nyasia Draper for Global Grind Staff
Click here to find out more!
The lord works in mysterious ways.
PHOTOS: White Smoke! Meet The New Pope, Habemum Papam Bergoglio, Voted By The Roman Catholic Cardinals
Religion is the foundation for some. It serves as a guide to how lives should be lived, the construct of relationships, and it sets a standard for humanity. Jesus has been calling shots since the beginning of time. However, criminals and weirdos alike have been using religion as an alibi to their wrong doing. Unfortunately for them, there is no law that exempts their actions as an act done on the grounds of religious freedom.
Here is a list of the craziest things done in the name of Jesus!
1. Indiana's mega-church leader Jack Schaap, 55, is set to face federal prosecutors this week because of his relationship with a 17-year-old female. The female attended Schaap's church and often received personal counseling and reportedly 662 text messages from the pastor. According to Schaap, the relationship was the will of God. He writes in a letter to the teen "This is exactly what Christ desires. He wants to marry us + become eternal lovers!" Schaap has been charged with taking a minor across state lines with the intent to engage in criminal sexual activity.
2. In 2005, then 25-year-old Isaiah Kalebu broke into a lesbian couple's home and proceeded to torture, rape, and stab them. One of the victims, Teresa Butz, died in front of her home as neighbors tried to save her life. Butz surviving partner was able to identify her attacker but Kalebu insisted he was innocent on the ground that he was only following God's instructions. The Seattle Times reports the attacker saying "I was there and I was told by my God, the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob, to attack my enemies, and I did so." Kalebu is obviously crazy because he had to be strapped to a wheel chair in restraints because of his "disruptive behavior." The man once swallowed a pencil. I bet when asked why he's so damn crazy, Kalebu response was religion based.
3. In another report of God makes people do crazy things- a woman faced murder charges in 2008 for killing her common law husband. Donna Marie Redding told authorities her husband used the Lord's name in vein too often so she shot him. Redding said, "Jesus told me to do it" and that her husband was "the devil". She shot and killed her husband with a shotgun while her nephew and brother-in-law invlogged a natural spring outside the couples home. Without warning, Jesus whispered in Redding's ear and she ended an innocent man's life.
http://globalgrind.com/news/6-crazy-crimes-co...
You can find the other 3 at the above link.
And of course, this is just SIX cases out of who knows how many thousands and thousands.
And there were the witch hunts, the Inquisitions.....
Uh-huh... I heard about that whacko.

But, he claimed their relationship was a "gift from God". He never claimed he did it "in the name of God", ie; FOR God.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#612403 Mar 27, 2013
Hagen wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess he missed that whole part about love thy neighbor, or in our case, love the sinner. LOLOL
Riiiiiight?! Love the sinner...... I guess that means ya love me.....lol!
He misses a lot Hagen. That sad thing is when he goes into his accusatory tirades, he doesn't realize that his view of people is actually mirroring who and what he is. SMH

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#612404 Mar 27, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure your mind is far superior to Roger Penrose, who, one might say, is the father of the idea of microtubule information "integration banks"? THAT is science. He cannot yet prove this is fact and neither can any other scientist prove that consciousness is the product of organized matter/molecules. You can believe whatever you want but you cannot assert that your side is any more possible than the other. There is simply no conclusive evidence either way.
"In a near-death experience the microtubules lose their quantum state, but the information within them is not destroyed. Or in layman's terms, the soul does not die but returns to the universe."
Kitten spews self-serving nonsense all the time...

http://www.topix.com/forum/us/republican/T9QU...

...and I correct him, consistently. He only admitted I was right once. Apparently he thinks claiming to be atheist instantly makes him smarter somehow. I feel sorry for any kids that fall under his influence.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#612405 Mar 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
God's existence has been felt, heard & seen by billions of people over the years.
Those can't be proven though, no more than you can prove you love your husband, even though you do...
The bandwagon fallacy, billions of people have seen leprechauns, fairies, aliens, and even Zeus, are those real too? Look at your standard of evidence, it's not very convincing evidence.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#612406 Mar 27, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Bush was very clear that he claimed to get his instructions from god.
That's a lie. Perpetrated by a Palestinian, Mahmoud Abbas.

The White House flat out denies that & Abbas is just "recollecting".

And you bought it.

Did you also buy "I can see Russia from my house"??
And I seriously doubt that any secular person would bomb an abortion clinic. That is a distinctly religious hot button issue. While I'm sure there are atheists/agnostics that don't favor abortion rights, I tend to doubt any are extremists about it.
Well yes, is agree with that.

But the accusation was made that religious people bomb abortions clinics in the name of God.

I'm asking for proof of that. Maybe an example.

And so far, all I've gotten was a few media stories about religious people that have done wrong, but nothing "in the name of God".

I think they do it "In the name of me", not God.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#612407 Mar 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
A guy who shot an abortion doctor, and killed him, expressly stated that he did it because under his religious beliefs abortion doctors are murderers and should be killed.
When we invaded Iraq, W said several times that it was a crusade, and that God was on our side.
Sources?

Credible sources....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#612408 Mar 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to mention the horrific violence and murder carried out by the Catholic church for centuries.
Can you spell I-n-q-u-i-s-i-t-i-o-n?
What about t-or-t-u-r-e?
All done for your skydaddy, dude. In his name, for his pleasure.
The crusades?!?

Oh, c'mon man. Gimme a break.

Although that was Christianity's darkest time, that was over 700 years ago.

We've moved on.

Join us.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#612409 Mar 27, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Bush was very clear that he claimed to get his instructions from god.
And I seriously doubt that any secular person would bomb an abortion clinic. That is a distinctly religious hot button issue. While I'm sure there are atheists/agnostics that don't favor abortion rights, I tend to doubt any are extremists about it.
I mean to say a 52 year old man killed an abortion doctor, not bomb an abortion center.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#612410 Mar 27, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I just posted a link to you of six crimes committed in the name of god within the last few years.
READ it.
Ya, there was 6 crimes committed by so-called religious people.

But not one of em said they did in in the name of God.

Try again.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#612411 Mar 27, 2013
Too bad near death experiences are simply hallucinations.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#612412 Mar 27, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>Riiiiiight?! Love the sinner...... I guess that means ya love me.....lol!
He misses a lot Hagen. That sad thing is when he goes into his accusatory tirades, he doesn't realize that his view of people is actually mirroring who and what he is. SMH
Whenever I make cutting statements or the like, I usually accept they could be deflections or not. Besides, at least its a better gateway to openness, although certainly not the best way.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#612413 Mar 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you cannot do something "in the name of self," that is contradictory to the phrase.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you cannot do something "in the name of self," that is contradictory to the phrase.
Sure you can.

"Open up! In the name of RR!"

"I made a donation in my name."

Location hidden

#612414 Mar 27, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>Just pet me and it's all yours :)
I love the kitten pic, worth a thousand words.
<quoted text>I bought a time machine from Amazon
You want to do the future or the past first?

Location hidden

#612415 Mar 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The crusades?!?
Oh, c'mon man. Gimme a break.
Although that was Christianity's darkest time, that was over 700 years ago.
We've moved on.
Join us.
Some people have a real problem dealing with the "here and now", know what I mean? I think there's medication for that now.

Location hidden

#612416 Mar 27, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Okay- but your disdain and contempt for homosexuals is still very much a part of who and what you are.
Whatever- I gotta get going- things to do, places to go and people to see.
Peace out.
Yay! One less lying troll! Woo hoo1

Location hidden

#612417 Mar 27, 2013
ack

"!"

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#612418 Mar 27, 2013
OCB wrote:
Right- it can't be proven so it's not objective fact.
Right- it can't be proven that I love my man, so it's not objective fact.
You're right. That's a subjective fact.
But the difference is that I am not here trying to convince anyone that I love my man or to tell them they are wrong if they don't believe I love my man.
No, but it's relevant to the discussion. You are asking for proofs that don't exist & can't be shared. JUST like the love of a spouse or child...
But you on the other hand.....you ARE trying to convince EVERYONE that your god is real and you tell people they are WRONG when they tell you they don't believe that your god is real.
No I'm not.

I tell people they're wrong when they say God isn't real.

They can't possibly know that.

It's their opinion.

Just like my opinion is that God is very much real.

The big difference is - I admit it.
I'm not trying to shove my love for my man down your throat; however, you are trying to shove your beliefs down the throats of others.
BIG difference, RR.
In what way have I tried to shove God down your throat?

Location hidden

#612420 Mar 27, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Okay......as tedious as it is to have to do research FOR you- yet AGAIN:
1. Indiana's mega-church leader Jack Schaap, 55, is set to face federal prosecutors this week because of his relationship with a 17-year-old female. The female attended Schaap's church and often received personal counseling and reportedly 662 text messages from the pastor.
According to Schaap, the relationship was the will of God. He writes in a letter to the teen "This is exactly what Christ desires. He wants to marry us + become eternal lovers!" Schaap has been charged with taking a minor across state lines with the intent to engage in criminal sexual activity.
"Jesus Told Me To Do It!" 6 Crazy Crimes Committed In The Name Of Religion (LIST)
Posted March 15, 2013 by Nyasia Draper for Global Grind Staff
Click here to find out more!
The lord works in mysterious ways.
PHOTOS: White Smoke! Meet The New Pope, Habemum Papam Bergoglio, Voted By The Roman Catholic Cardinals
Religion is the foundation for some. It serves as a guide to how lives should be lived, the construct of relationships, and it sets a standard for humanity. Jesus has been calling shots since the beginning of time. However, criminals and weirdos alike have been using religion as an alibi to their wrong doing. Unfortunately for them, there is no law that exempts their actions as an act done on the grounds of religious freedom.
Here is a list of the craziest things done in the name of Jesus!
1. Indiana's mega-church leader Jack Schaap, 55, is set to face federal prosecutors this week because of his relationship with a 17-year-old female. The female attended Schaap's church and often received personal counseling and reportedly 662 text messages from the pastor. According to Schaap, the relationship was the will of God. He writes in a letter to the teen "This is exactly what Christ desires. He wants to marry us + become eternal lovers!" Schaap has been charged with taking a minor across state lines with the intent to engage in criminal sexual activity.
2. In 2005, then 25-year-old Isaiah Kalebu broke into a lesbian couple's home and proceeded to torture, rape, and stab them. One of the victims, Teresa Butz, died in front of her home as neighbors tried to save her life. Butz surviving partner was able to identify her attacker but Kalebu insisted he was innocent on the ground that he was only following God's instructions. The Seattle Times reports the attacker saying "I was there and I was told by my God, the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob, to attack my enemies, and I did so." Kalebu is obviously crazy because he had to be strapped to a wheel chair in restraints because of his "disruptive behavior." The man once swallowed a pencil. I bet when asked why he's so damn crazy, Kalebu response was religion based.
3. In another report of God makes people do crazy things- a woman faced murder charges in 2008 for killing her common law husband. Donna Marie Redding told authorities her husband used the Lord's name in vein too often so she shot him. Redding said, "Jesus told me to do it" and that her husband was "the devil". She shot and killed her husband with a shotgun while her nephew and brother-in-law invlogged a natural spring outside the couples home. Without warning, Jesus whispered in Redding's ear and she ended an innocent man's life.
http://globalgrind.com/news/6-crazy-crimes-co...
You can find the other 3 at the above link.
And of course, this is just SIX cases out of who knows how many thousands and thousands.
And there were the witch hunts, the Inquisitions.....
Nobody is going to miss these boring rants.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 16 min Buck Crick 110,155
My NEW SPECULATION about the mystery vehicle an... 39 min Doctor REALITY 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Rosesz 675,539
News NFL warns Texas over bathroom bill 5 hr Ais4awesome 2
News Hawaiians to Attorney General Sessions: We're n... 7 hr davy 14
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 7 hr Ancestry manager 6,221
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 hr Jolly Roger 286,304
More from around the web