“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#611347 Mar 19, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Just let him go, Poly.
Apologies for dragging you guys into it.
No apologies necessary.

It's a fascinating subject and I've learned quite a bit.

That's something I almost always enjoy.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#611349 Mar 19, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
We do not understand that we live with him every day.
It is a constant life with him. He lives within us.
The Bible is to help us know. Evil has always been around
because we create it. We need peace from him.
Jesus is sweetness. A child. We are not condemned to hell.
We live in it when we do not want him.
Sorta like "Harvey" the giant rabbit huh?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#611350 Mar 19, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> I have a question you might find interesting.
Do you think that the reason that we can not see the farthest reaches of the universe might be because the speed at the far points may be traveling faster than the speed of light...and that may be why we can not see the return of the spectrum?
That's close.

But what is actually happening is that space itself is expanding faster than light.

SO the objects themselves are not travelling THROUGH space faster than light, but the space itself is expanding faster than light speed. This preserves the cosmic speed limit.

Eventually, we will not be able to see any other galaxies. The only way far future generations will know that there ARE other galaxies will be through history books, or their equivalent.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#611351 Mar 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that. Holy begeebus, if I knew when I said "the speed of light is not constant" would have started such an uproar with you people, I wouldn't have said it at all.
It's not simply that you stated that the speed of light is not constant.

It is that you state that without qualifiers while demanding that everybody who states that the the speed of light IS constant, or state what the speed of light in a vacuum is, provide very detailed qualifiers.

It's the kind of hypocrisy we've come to expect from believers.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#611352 Mar 19, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never heard the male anatomy called a lemon, before now
Squeeze my lemon
Until the juice runs down my leg.

-Led Zepplin

Location hidden

#611353 Mar 19, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
That's close.
But what is actually happening is that space itself is expanding faster than light.
SO the objects themselves are not travelling THROUGH space faster than light, but the space itself is expanding faster than light speed. This preserves the cosmic speed limit.
Eventually, we will not be able to see any other galaxies. The only way far future generations will know that there ARE other galaxies will be through history books, or their equivalent.
OK. I can hold that for now...

Location hidden

#611354 Mar 19, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
That's close.
Any ideas on the seemingly "flat" plane of the universe? That seems to be contrary to any "big bang" type of expansion. in that it is not omnidirectional(for lack of a better word).
Greens - tuf

Sydney, Australia

#611355 Mar 19, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
That's close.
Your right, but you cannot say "space"is expanding. The Universe is expanding which gives us as material beings the illusion of more "space" being created.
There is no such thing as "space", the aether (Universe) is a liquid medium of pure energy, it ain't "space", we float through the aether as material beings thinking we know what it's all about.
Lol, we know nothing.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#611356 Mar 19, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
rational skeptics evaluate
religitards believe
You can't scientifically evaluate God...

Your little techniques can't find Him so you don't believe He's there.

That your belief.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#611357 Mar 19, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Sarah Palin is a puppet politician.
She's a sexy moron.
I don't think there are any major politicians that aren't puppets.

And yes, she is sexy.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#611358 Mar 19, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
well, Obama is not stupid
No, Obama isn't stupid. Just a fool, a liar, a thief, a manipulator and all around bad for America.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#611359 Mar 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oy vey.
Y'all just hate that question, huh?

LOL

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#611360 Mar 19, 2013
Hitler Invented Methadone wrote:
<quoted text>
the bible is the word of god right? well read exodus 2o:21 and let me know what god tells u hahahaha
he tells u about how if u beat your slave and he doesnt die u have to set him free but if he doesnt bleed u can keep him... the bible is nonsense man... God on the other hand is very real my friend.. but dont rely on a fictional nonsense war starting story to make u ave faith in God.
Umm...

Exodus 20:21 The people remained at a distance, while Moses approached the thick darkness where God was.

Keep laughing.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#611361 Mar 19, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> I think we ought'a spend a few billion more bucks, an shoot one of them satellites right down the middle of one an find out instead of jist talk'n a bunch o' bullshop about it...or a rocket with Oblama an Michelle(wouldn't want the fella ta git lonely now WOULD WE) in it so's we git the infermation "first hand" ...at least he might be "useful" then...an he'd jist "love" the TV coverage...Maybe there'd be a plan fer stellar health coverage in there somewhere. Then again, earth might git charged with "universal pollution" too! I still think it's worth a shot...
Send Pelosi with 'em!

Let Obama prove a black hole and a white hole.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#611362 Mar 19, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not simply that you stated that the speed of light is not constant.
It is that you state that without qualifiers while demanding that everybody who states that the the speed of light IS constant, or state what the speed of light in a vacuum is, provide very detailed qualifiers.
It's the kind of hypocrisy we've come to expect from believers.
The speed of light is not constant.

Deal with it.

LLV

Since: Feb 11

Columbus, OH

#611363 Mar 19, 2013
I can't prove there's a God, just like I can't prove that there ISN'T.

I personally don't believe in God (I'm agnostic, not atheist) but can I prove he doesn't exist? No. No more than I can prove that he does.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#611364 Mar 19, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>Your right, but you cannot say "space"is expanding. The Universe is expanding which gives us as material beings the illusion of more "space" being created.
There is no such thing as "space", the aether (Universe) is a liquid medium of pure energy, it ain't "space", we float through the aether as material beings thinking we know what it's all about.
Lol, we know nothing.
The "aether" is an ancient, outdated and obsolete concept.

Akin to phlogiston.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#611365 Mar 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The speed of light is not constant.
Deal with it.
You're a hypocrite.

Deal with it.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#611366 Mar 19, 2013
LLV wrote:
I can't prove there's a God, just like I can't prove that there ISN'T.
I personally don't believe in God (I'm agnostic, not atheist) but can I prove he doesn't exist? No. No more than I can prove that he does.
Well said. No one can prove that a god does not exist. However, man can and has proved that various beliefs on which Christianity, for example, are based, are not true, based on actual scientific discovery and verification that certain things, accepted as truth by fundamentalists, in fact, never occurred. That has been discussed on this thread hundreds of times, so it is not necessary to again mention examples.

The most likely scenario based on what we do know (as opposed to what some believe) is that man has always created gods, in his own mind, or perhaps, actually fabricated them, to control other people. That this control really occurs is easily seen by the way people with many different concepts of a god, are controlled by what they are taught to believe.

In spite of well over 1/2 million posts on this one thread were these actual facts were carefully explained and references given that confirm them, there are still longtime posters here who will still make the same untrue claims as if they have never heard the truth before.

A complete lack of will or ability to accept what man does know, but instead the will to believe the unbelievable.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#611367 Mar 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Obama isn't stupid. Just a fool, a liar, a thief, a manipulator and all around bad for America.
Just like 99% of all politicians...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Tony17 560,532
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 12 min yon 4,900
Gay snapchat names 56 min ray 176
Moses never existed 1 hr Khatru 834
Incest: Horny and looking for good stories :) (Nov '13) 2 hr lokito 11
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Ugly Truth from d... 605,347
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 2 hr Just American 1,030
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr WasteWater 265,472
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 10 hr risque 137
More from around the web