|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you say that? What specifically do you base this determination upon? She does not have to do anything you agree with
to still be considered very very successful and popular, which both she indeed is. Also she is my idea of a perfect woman, so how do you demonize that? What is it that about her that irks you?
Shes got the rack!
She's every man's dream shugga momma!

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
299,792,458 is a number. He asked what number. I answered.
He said that light speed is constant. In a vacuum, he's correct. But the universe is not made of a vacuum.
Most of it is close enough to being a vacuum that it doesn't matter when dealing with the speed of light.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't say it was evidence of an intellect, he said it is not the resume of a person you can call stupid.
And he's right.
Granted, but it doesn't change what I stated, she's stupid.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of it is close enough to being a vacuum that it doesn't matter when dealing with the speed of light.
Just let him go, Poly.

Apologies for dragging you guys into it.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you say that? What specifically do you base this determination upon? She does not have to do anything you agree with
to still be considered very very successful and popular, which both she indeed is. Also she is my idea of a perfect woman, so how do you demonize that? What is it that about her that irks you?
Shes got the rack!
Have you heard her speak? She's a moron. Plain and simple. She cannot enunciate well, and without a pre-written speech she flusters and can't even come up with anything coherent, much less evidence based. She says one thing and does another. She's a disgrace to all women, any woman who would aspire to be a breeder like her is insane.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's wedicuwus!
She don't even live in Utah!
But she probably does have the magic underwear.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Something hovers on the edge , they say forever.
Not sure about forever, but they say it can never go in.
A *lot* of care is required when discussing black holes. A lot depends on the observer, so it is important to state which observer is doing the measurements.

So, let's set up an experiment: two observers, one stays at a 'fixed distance' from the black hole and the other falls in. Both have clocks that emit a signal at regular intervals (according to the local frame of reference). All will be analyzed using general relativity (quantum aspects are not relevant at this point). Let's also assume a supermassive black hole like that at the center of the Milky Way galaxy.

The 'outside' observer sees the other as falling inward with a signal that is red-shifted more and more and taking longer and longer to for the clock to 'tick'. Eventually, there is a 'last click' that is very red-shifted but that comes from just before the event horizon. A very good telescope would continue see a very red-shifted image of the falling twin just outside the event horizon.

The falling observer, on the other hand, has no issues and passes through the event horizon with little trouble. For a supermassive black hole the curvature at the event horizon is not that large and the tidal forces are survivable even for humans. Unfortunately, as this observer falls more, the curvature increases and s/he is pulled apart by tidal forces before reaching the 'center' of the black hole. This part is not seen at all by the outside observer.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Nope, it's a holographic memory of everything that ever passed through it.
It's entropy stays there forever.
That's our best bet. The problem is that quantum effects are more relevant here than in the previous discussion and we simply don't have a good quantum theory of gravity.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a question you might find interesting.

Do you think that the reason that we can not see the farthest reaches of the universe might be because the speed at the far points may be traveling faster than the speed of light...and that may be why we can not see the return of the spectrum?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you heard her speak? She's a moron. Plain and simple. She cannot enunciate well, and without a pre-written speech she flusters and can't even come up with anything coherent, much less evidence based. She says one thing and does another. She's a disgrace to all women, any woman who would aspire to be a breeder like her is insane.
Ok all you have to say is you don't like her, but realize your opinion is not the opinion of us all. In fact I like her better than any of her contemporaries, on either side of the wall.
But that doesn't mean I place every hope and wish in her, it just means I think it would be better if more politicians were more like her. I tend not to like many of them, for obvious reasons, but she seems to live in our world, and not some assholes elite delusional perception of what they want it to be.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's our best bet. The problem is that quantum effects are more relevant here than in the previous discussion and we simply don't have a good quantum theory of gravity.
Does gravity really play that big of a role on the quantum level? I mean, considering it is the weakest of the four forces it would not be a huge assumption to state that there's probably more than gravity at work in such situations as black holes, would it not?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, I at a loss really but have followed all the great thinkers ideas about it.
I think the answer is simple, but so hard to see.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Granted, but it doesn't change what I stated, she's stupid.
Just because you don't like her doesn't mean she's stupid.

It's perfectly okay that you don't like Sarah Palin. You don't have to.

I don't like Obama. I think he's a fool, a liar, a thief, a manipulator and all around bad for America. But I don't think he's stupid.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
Mylan I am sure you feel driven by righteous cause , but you are as deluded as the fundies thinking the government is going to provide you with what you want
Other "governments" have excellent health care. We can't have it in this system because money rules here and not common sense.
The best solutions have always, and I do mean always .
Have come from free market enterprise and innovative thinking , something the controls have never been able to conquer.
Bullsh_t. The prison system is a joke in this country. It wasn't that bad until the free market got a hold of it. I can still remember how innocent children were sent to prison just so they could make money on them.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
She's every man's dream shugga momma!
Speak for yourself. I wouldn't cross the street to piss on her. My piss deserves better.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that. Holy begeebus, if I knew when I said "the speed of light is not constant" would have started such an uproar with you people, I wouldn't have said it at all.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Ok all you have to say is you don't like her, but realize your opinion is not the opinion of us all. In fact I like her better than any of her contemporaries, on either side of the wall.
But that doesn't mean I place every hope and wish in her, it just means I think it would be better if more politicians were more like her. I tend not to like many of them, for obvious reasons, but she seems to live in our world, and not some assholes elite delusional perception of what they want it to be.
She can't admit to her mistakes, she's already like all politicians.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you don't like her doesn't mean she's stupid.
It's perfectly okay that you don't like Sarah Palin. You don't have to.
I don't like Obama. I think he's a fool, a liar, a thief, a manipulator and all around bad for America. But I don't think he's stupid.
Obama is a tool, that's why he got elected .... twice. He's no worse for the country than Bush, and certainly not any worse for the continents, though I don't think we have that much of an impact on South America.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Why so? She has admirable quality and a wonderful personality, is attractive and is similar in ideals to me.
I don't have to agree with her 100% to like her, but I like her better than any other person in politics I've seen in years.
What is so sad about that Aero, or are you just such a liberal that you don't deserve freedom anymore?
that is not freedom

that is license

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, Palin is a nut job. "I can see Russia from my house" LOL...
I watch her speeches with the sound off, she is soooo hot, and so vapid.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

469 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min WasteWater 256,379
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min USA Born 532,390
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 16 min USA-1 114,972
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 25 min USA-1 37,596
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 40 min Aura Mytha 224,013
Need Gay under 16 Facetime numbers ;) 52 min Lucas 4
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Clearwater 172,243
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 3 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••