LLV

Since: Feb 11

Columbus, OH

#611363 Mar 19, 2013
I can't prove there's a God, just like I can't prove that there ISN'T.

I personally don't believe in God (I'm agnostic, not atheist) but can I prove he doesn't exist? No. No more than I can prove that he does.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#611364 Mar 19, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>Your right, but you cannot say "space"is expanding. The Universe is expanding which gives us as material beings the illusion of more "space" being created.
There is no such thing as "space", the aether (Universe) is a liquid medium of pure energy, it ain't "space", we float through the aether as material beings thinking we know what it's all about.
Lol, we know nothing.
The "aether" is an ancient, outdated and obsolete concept.

Akin to phlogiston.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#611365 Mar 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The speed of light is not constant.
Deal with it.
You're a hypocrite.

Deal with it.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#611366 Mar 19, 2013
LLV wrote:
I can't prove there's a God, just like I can't prove that there ISN'T.
I personally don't believe in God (I'm agnostic, not atheist) but can I prove he doesn't exist? No. No more than I can prove that he does.
Well said. No one can prove that a god does not exist. However, man can and has proved that various beliefs on which Christianity, for example, are based, are not true, based on actual scientific discovery and verification that certain things, accepted as truth by fundamentalists, in fact, never occurred. That has been discussed on this thread hundreds of times, so it is not necessary to again mention examples.

The most likely scenario based on what we do know (as opposed to what some believe) is that man has always created gods, in his own mind, or perhaps, actually fabricated them, to control other people. That this control really occurs is easily seen by the way people with many different concepts of a god, are controlled by what they are taught to believe.

In spite of well over 1/2 million posts on this one thread were these actual facts were carefully explained and references given that confirm them, there are still longtime posters here who will still make the same untrue claims as if they have never heard the truth before.

A complete lack of will or ability to accept what man does know, but instead the will to believe the unbelievable.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#611367 Mar 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Obama isn't stupid. Just a fool, a liar, a thief, a manipulator and all around bad for America.
Just like 99% of all politicians...

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#611369 Mar 19, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like 99% of all politicians...
Touché
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#611370 Mar 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you don't like her doesn't mean she's stupid.
It's perfectly okay that you don't like Sarah Palin. You don't have to.
I don't like Obama. I think he's a fool, a liar, a thief, a manipulator and all around bad for America. But I don't think he's stupid.
Obama isn't a fool, he knows what he is doing, which actually makes him all the more worse. He is a liar, certainly! He is definitely a theif! He's a manipulator of idiots. He is very bad for the USA!

He's a bit like you though! Do you relate to his behavior?
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#611371 Mar 19, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>You are a bald-faced liar.
There is no force or malice involved in a loving relationship between ANY couple, straight or gay.
In fact, gay couples seem a lot more happier together than the heterosexuals with their 50+% divorce rate and all the fights, cheating, and lying that men and women do to each other.
REAL rape happens to heterosexuals and is done by heterosexuals. Women are most likely to be raped. The rape of a male is rare.
Shut the f*ck up with your lies. You are nothing but a dumb@ss.
Shut up little boy! Rape of men is not rare, it just gets covered up easily!

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#611372 Mar 19, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Puppets do not challenge mega corporations, rather they serve them. Your Obama fits this description, in fact you can say he is a puppet of the FED, but Sarah is a real champion of the people, and has proven this.
You however could not see the truth, even it it was right in front of you.
Sarah has bigger tits than Obama

truth

“Talk Nerdy 2 me (>-<)”

Since: Dec 08

Reno

#611373 Mar 19, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
Oh <comma> baby!!!
I need to start a new club.
LOLS

“Talk Nerdy 2 me (>-<)”

Reno

#611374 Mar 19, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
If a man speaks and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?
...Probably.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#611375 Mar 19, 2013
Hagen wrote:
<quoted text>
...Probably.
No, he isn't. Women aren't any more rightious than men.

Location hidden

#611376 Mar 19, 2013
Hitler Invented Methadone wrote:
<quoted text>
i cant prove it.. but i can use logic to show u there has to be some sort of Being that is something humans could never possibly comprehend.. and this being put all that is in the universe into its cycles... And this being had to have always existed infinitely. I say this because all my contemplating this question when i was young lead me up to this one mind boggling question that no human could possibly wrap their mind around.. and this leads me to Truly believe there is a "God" .. not a god like they portray in religion because all religion is man-made bullshit that does nothing but cause wars and make these religion freaks think they are better than everyone... The question is.. When did "time" Begin? if u tell me the big bang.. then what about 5 minutes before that. How could time have just began. What about before that time? How could there ever be a beggining of time? Its impossible because there will always be the question what about 5 minutes before that? Now you see.. i believe that only God can comprehend this. He is this he has created this and we are a part of this.. Yet we can not comprehend how this works and we are just a small part of it.. So stop trying to PROVE there is a God and just realize that this Amazing Universe would Be absolutely IMPOSSIBLE without some sort of superior Being Who i like to believe guides my life when i go through it peacefully and positively and being helpful to others i like to believe that is why i am happier now in my life and why good things have been happening to me.. Bt that is just my personal belief.. Is there a God? Just look in the sky Buddy.. if that doesnt answer your question than you are obviously not Bright enough to be asking that question.
man has a long history of crediting his invented god with that which he does not understand, that is why your god is so powerful.

Location hidden

#611377 Mar 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Obama isn't stupid. Just a fool, a liar, a thief, a manipulator and all around bad for America.
America has elected a man of honor, it is a welcome change

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#611378 Mar 19, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you mimic women when you hate them so much?
Why do you make fallacious assertions for other people?

Location hidden

#611379 Mar 19, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Hagen wrote:
<quoted text>
...Probably.
well, ya

he does not know the answer to that question, until he finds a woman to ask.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#611380 Mar 19, 2013
MT. VERNON, TEXAS … WHOREHOUSE SUES LOCAL CHURCH OVER LIGHTNING STRIKE!

Diamond D's brothel began construction on an expansion of their building to increase their ever-growing business. In response, the local Baptist Church across the street started a campaign to block the business from expanding -- with morning, afternoon, and evening prayer sessions at their church. Work on Diamond D's progressed right up until the week before the grand reopening when lightning struck the whorehouse and burned it to the ground!

After the cat-house was burned to the ground by the lightning strike, the church folks were rather smug in their outlook, bragging about "the power of prayer."

But late last week 'Big Jugs' Jill Diamond, the owner/madam, sued the church, the preacher and the entire congregation on the grounds that the church ... "was ultimately responsible for the demise of her building and her business -- either through direct or indirect divine actions or means."

In its reply to the court, the church vehemently and voraciously denied any and all responsibility or any connection to the building's demise.

The crusty old judge read through the plaintiff's complaint and the defendant's reply, and at the opening hearing he commented, "I don't know how the hell I'm going to decide this case, but it appears from the paperwork, that we now have a whorehouse owner who staunchly believes in the power of prayer, and an entire church congregation that thinks it's all bullshit!"

“Talk Nerdy 2 me (>-<)”

Reno

#611381 Mar 19, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he isn't. Women aren't any more rightious than men.
Bend over buddy! You're about to get a humor stick to replace the other stick.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#611382 Mar 19, 2013
karl44 wrote:
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
well, ya
he does not know the answer to that question, until he finds a woman to ask.
Only in your "all men are rapists, all women are wonderful" idealizations, kiddo.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#611384 Mar 19, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
America has elected a man of honor, it is a welcome change
Honor?!?

LMAO!

Thanks, Canadian.

Obama is happy to have your approval.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min June VanDerMark 574,572
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 11 min andet1987 1,660
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 19 min trifecta1 608,303
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. (Jul '14) 23 min Hatti_Hollerand 134
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 31 min Freebird 176,072
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 35 min Rick in Kansas 269,106
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 46 min Ed Teach 53,318
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr Rosa_Winkel 97,936
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 11 hr busted 165
More from around the web