Prove there's a god.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#611230 Mar 18, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Something hovers on the edge , they say forever.
Not sure about forever, but they say it can never go in.
Similar thoughts have occurred to me.

As an object nears an event horizon, the dilation it's subjected to increases.

At the event horizon, the dilation is infinite.

From a distant observer's point-of-view, the object never makes it to the event horizon. It only continues to get dimmer and farther away. Time, for the object, from the observer's perspective, is “ticking by” very, very slowly... and slowing further, asymptotically toward infinite dilation.

The object “red shifts” out of existence... so to speak.

There will always be infinite distance between an object, or an observer, and an event horizon. If someone tries to bounce radar signals off a black hole, they will wait forever for a return signal... regardless if they travel toward or away from the black hole.

Using radar, or any direct method of measure, like a tape measure or length of rope, will yield the same reading for all black holes. IOW... no matter where the observer is in the universe, and no matter where the black holes are... they're each and all... always... separated by an infinite distance (as far as direct measurement goes).

It's closer to an object, like a star, that's farther away than a black hole than it is to the black hole.

That's weird!

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#611231 Mar 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
*hands Hukt a tissue*
It's ok, bro.
Keep it.

You're the one with snot all over his chin.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#611232 Mar 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I dunno, ask Hukt.
He thinks the speed of light is only one number.
I never said that.

It isn't a number at all. It's represented numerically.

Were units ever mentioned, by me? No, they weren't.

So... what “one number” are you referring to?
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#611233 Mar 18, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Wow Lunger!
You come on and everyone leaves!
Does that tell ya anything Lunger?
Yes! They are fearful!
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#611234 Mar 18, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Similar thoughts have occurred to me.
As an object nears an event horizon, the dilation it's subjected to increases.
At the event horizon, the dilation is infinite.
From a distant observer's point-of-view, the object never makes it to the event horizon. It only continues to get dimmer and farther away. Time, for the object, from the observer's perspective, is “ticking by” very, very slowly... and slowing further, asymptotically toward infinite dilation.
The object “red shifts” out of existence... so to speak.
There will always be infinite distance between an object, or an observer, and an event horizon. If someone tries to bounce radar signals off a black hole, they will wait forever for a return signal... regardless if they travel toward or away from the black hole.
Using radar, or any direct method of measure, like a tape measure or length of rope, will yield the same reading for all black holes. IOW... no matter where the observer is in the universe, and no matter where the black holes are... they're each and all... always... separated by an infinite distance (as far as direct measurement goes).
It's closer to an object, like a star, that's farther away than a black hole than it is to the black hole.
That's weird!
How can you prove this?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#611235 Mar 18, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that.
It isn't a number at all. It's represented numerically.
Were units ever mentioned, by me? No, they weren't.
So... what “one number” are you referring to?
299,792,458

You think that is light's only speed.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#611236 Mar 18, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you prove this?
Did I say I could?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#611237 Mar 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
299,792,458
You think that is light's only speed.
You didn't pay attention... again.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#611238 Mar 18, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
Keep it.
You're the one with snot all over his chin.
That's not snot...
Rush

Columbus, NE

#611240 Mar 18, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! They are fearful!
Fearfull that you might think we are 13 and try to do bad things to us! STRANGER DANGER! STRANGER DANGER!
Rush

Columbus, NE

#611241 Mar 18, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you prove this?
They are talking about black holes in space, not the black hole that you crave.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#611242 Mar 18, 2013
Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
They are talking about black holes in space, not the black hole that you crave.
did whoopie goldberg get shot out of a canon or something?
Rush

Columbus, NE

#611243 Mar 18, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
did whoopie goldberg get shot out of a canon or something?
Holes......Holes....Not ho's.
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#611245 Mar 18, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike you, riverside redneck does not regret spanking his kids. He didn't just do it out of anger, he still believes it.
If he was simply one of those good parents who spanked their children unintentionally, out of anger, then he would have regretted it later.
We do not know why our children are misbehaving.
If someone has hurt them, they will usually hurt someone
else. I have learned that I should have never left
my children with anyone. Trust no one. Especially
family.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#611246 Mar 18, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that.
It isn't a number at all. It's represented numerically.
Were units ever mentioned, by me? No, they weren't.
So... what “one number” are you referring to?
Jack Palance knows!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#611247 Mar 18, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! They are fearful!
Hahahahahah!

How about--maybe nobody can stand beibg around YOU!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#611248 Mar 18, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Sarah is far from stupid. She wrote a book that sold 2 million copies, won a beauty pageant, the Distinguished Alumni Achievement Award, the Miss Congeniality award has a bachelor's degree in communications with an emphasis in journalism, became the mayor of Wasilla and was the 9th Governor of Alaska. This is not the resume of a person you can call stupid.
Sorry but you must just be jealous or something.
You think this is all evidence of intellect? You should get out more. She's a moron, plain and simple.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#611249 Mar 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
299,792,458
You think that is light's only speed.
299,792,458 what?

And he never said that.
Rosa Winkel

Tuggerah, Australia

#611250 Mar 18, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
299,792,458 what?
And he never said that.
god sucks lemons

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#611251 Mar 18, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
299,792,458 what?
And he never said that.
299,792,458 is a number. He asked what number. I answered.

He said that light speed is constant. In a vacuum, he's correct. But the universe is not made of a vacuum.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min kent 599,413
Why some american white women marry arab men. (Mar '13) 14 min Cat Woman 34
Ugly light skin girl over so called good lookin... (Jul '14) 30 min Doctor REALITY 14
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 45 min The swamiji 7,476
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 1 hr raj 1,839
9/11&bin 1 hr REV CAROL 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Peace_Warrior 612,893
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr ChristineM 1,941
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr -Stray Dog 6,406
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 hr WasteWater 272,403
More from around the web