|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No kidding. And just imagine if dogs could Tweet....
My cat would never shut up if she thought people could understand what she was saying.:-/

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
A substantial potion, eh? Cool!
Lol, but you're so right. Kids today are getting brainwashed into thinking the only way through life is with a degree. And parents have gotten duped into thinking they have to pay for college...
I done diddly done do done did told my boys that if they want to go to college, either star saving or get a scholarship. I ain't payin fer it.
That isn't at all what I was saying.

The truth of matter... the kids I was referring to didn't really want to go to school in the first place... nor did they want to work. They just wanted an excuse for staying at home, and a BIG paycheck after they finished.

It all went downhill, IMO, when schools like that switched from a percentile grading system to a GPA/4.0 system. That way, the school could make the claim of producing more cream from the crop, so-to-speak... when, in actuality, they were doing just the opposite.

While I was instructing, they started offering an Associates program... about 6 more months for an extra $10... rounding the total tuition out at approximately $30K. At that point, technically, I couldn't teach students anymore... not the ones wanting credit toward an AS... even though the course material (what I specifically taught) was identical one way or the other. The school's admins claimed that a Master's was required for that. Many of the degreed instructors quit. I mean, crap... why would they have wanted to earn a Master's just so they could continue teaching at that crummy place?

On top of that...

Students wanting to transfer to the AS program would have had to retake any courses already completed under the tutelage of an instructor without a Master's. It was bullsh!t! The school wouldn't accept its own credits!

The moral of the story is...

The students should have attended a real school, an accredited one... where they actually would've been required to apply themselves... and probably spend less for it.

Don't knock a quality education, RR.
flup

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
RR i heard THE FUNNIEST story today
can i share it?
ok, heres how it goes.
in a court of law in Flordia an atheist SUED religion.
yep, got a lawyer and sued religion.
His lawyer presented his case to the judge by stating that Christians had holy days but atheist had no special days.
Christians have Passover and Easter and Christmas
and Jews have Passover and Yom Kimper and Hanukka, but Atheist have nothing, no special days... and it isn't fair.
When the lawyer finished the Judge thought a moment and then stood up and slammed his gavel on the desk and said, "CASE DENIED"! the lawyer protested and said, "But judge WHY? it isn't fair atheists don't have a a special day."
and the Judge hit his gaval into the desk again and said to the lawyer, "Your client is woefully ignorant". Atheist have April 1st as their day.
cause Psalms 14:1 says " A FOOL hath said in his heart there is no God,...." so April 1st is april FOOLS day, there ya go, case dismissed!
HAHAHAHAHHAAHA! thats my kinda judge!
HA!!HA!!HA!!HA!!HA!! That IS funny, Honey!! Cool joke!! Also Psalms 53:1.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying if you use rat poison , the rats will turn gay?
lol, no....maybe.

Um, DDT affected the brains, fertility and caused masculine behavior in the female herring gulls in the Lake Ontario and Michigan populations. DES caused extra sensitivity to chemical carcinogens, and same-sex attraction (feminization of males and masculinization of females)in lab mice. And that's the condensed form of the effects. Google it.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Websites are pretty obscure. What is vitamin B-12 good for?
Preventing pernicious anemia. Eat an oyster every day and you'll never have to worry about getting that.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG NO! if i cussed at my parents they would of nailed my hide to the barn door.
i can't imagin.
when i hear these kids today referring to their parents as 'old lady and old man' i CRINGE and think (where were those parents when that kid was growing up?)
When I was in school from 60 and less years ago, several kids in my school always referred to their parents as the old man and the old woman. I found it strange and never used those terms but it was common before your time, Patty.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Pfft whatever, duder. You believed that she was passing off a "FUNNY story" as truth.
Follower.
He who holds his hatred close to his heart has a dark lover.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Later, virtual peoples.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>He who holds his hatred close to his heart has a dark lover.
Very true.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>I'm really sorry to hear that Rush. I hope you get better. Your health is your single most important asset. Vitamin D has been shown to be more effective at prevention and it seems everyday they are learning new things about how many things it positively effects in the body. I take 4000IU everyday. My mother used to always get sick. I started her on it and she never got sick like that afterward. Many studies support it now.
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/ar...
I have found the best means of protection is limited contact with other people. When I was in school and working in offices, I would have a cold or the flu very frequently. In the past years since I have not worked, and have had limited daily contact or none with people outside my own home, I have had very flu illnesses of that sort. I had a major cold in 1995 when in the hospital, and perhaps two colds in all the years since that, and they were not very serious.

I do find that rather strange as I can't remember prior to that ever being free of a cold for any extended period of time. Unfortunately, most people due to the dynamics of everyday life must contact the viruses almost daily.

I have been getting the flu shot the last few years, mainly because I happened to have been to my doctor in the fall, and she always suggests I get one, and gives it to me while I am there.

My son, a doctor, working everyday in a hospital around many sick people, claims he won't get the flu shot as he fears it more than the flu. He thinks it is promoted unnecessarily by the pharmaceutical companies.

I know all medications are promoted by the big companies, and by doctors who get perks for prescribing their drugs, and I know that doctors do get perks because I had a neighbor who had a career as a drug salesman/manager to doctors, and he told me about the way they encourage doctors to 'sell' their products. In his situation the company he worked for when I last was near him had gone from giving gifts to the doctors to organizing and leading Caribbean vacations for them. Amazing that even doctors, who are some of our highest paid professionals in Canada, can still be easily bought.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Animals with lower functioning brains are only reacting to something abnormal in their environment; usually a toxin of some sort.
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying if you use rat poison , the rats will turn gay?
This may very well be the best comment in all of Topix this day.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the greatest scientists who has developed some of the best genetically modified wheat and other foods does not work for a corporation, but because of idiotic paranoid freaks he is forced to depend on the corporations for financial support, which is why his GMO crops are not used to feed hungry people but are instead used to produce profit by selling it all to you. If you hated corporations so much, you'd never spend any money in the store again, ever. Otherwise you are supporting these corporations you claim are "evil" when you use money.
I know!! I sin everyday, we all do!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Are you been smoking drugs without a permit again?
lol!

Do i sound crazy?
Rush

Columbus, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>I'm really sorry to hear that Rush. I hope you get better. Your health is your single most important asset. Vitamin D has been shown to be more effective at prevention and it seems everyday they are learning new things about how many things it positively effects in the body. I take 4000IU everyday. My mother used to always get sick. I started her on it and she never got sick like that afterward. Many studies support it now.
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/ar...
Thank you for the tips. I think with the flu shot, and lack of sleep has really messed up my system. I started to take Melatinin about a week ago, and I am getting more sleep, and feeling alot better. I dont know why I gave in to getting that shot, but I have never been feeling like this, for this long, in my life!LOL But I will get some vitamin D ASAP. Thanks again.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>We know what you were yanking.
Lol! What does your mind see being yanked? And how was it yanked? Lol!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Mrs Redneck is my B12 pusher.
So what are you tell'in us, that you don't bend over in the shower?

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't know what "genetically modified organism" means. Did you know that the domestic canine and feline are also examples of GMOs? Yep. That's a very sloppy, and archaic, method of genetic modification but it's altering a species genetically with a specific goal in mind. Horses are now also genetically modified organisms, we bred them for specific purposes and now they fit in their niches that we created for them because of it. Again, ALL bananas you can eat are genetically modified, want to see a real banana?
http://s2.hubimg.com/u/953053_f260.jpg
http://cdnimg.visualizeus.com/thumbs/dc/2e/ar...
Real bananas.
Stanley says that you can take your time. You will get plenty of notice when its your turn to showup and take your seat on one of our BLACK Buses.

Go Figure.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
lol!
Do i sound crazy?
No, I just like poking at you :)

poke poke

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
naa there is already a really "dumb" one
Ollie says that it must be your wife.

Last time he spent some time with her, she didn';t know her hole from an arse in the ground.

Go Figure.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Shhiiiiit, it may cause him to hate women more.
Or become a serial killer....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

365 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 3 min Naveen kumar 4,607
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 15 min religionisillness 224,103
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 33 min sonu 399
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 40 min Petesayke KI 115,025
Last Word + 2 40 min Rosie 57
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 42 min The Awakener 172,344
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 56 min normal Aussie 37,608
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr AussieBobby 256,451
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Mi Lin 532,626
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 5 hr Larry 122
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••