“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#609817 Mar 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Al, did you feel the 4.7 this morning?
I'm in a downtown L.A. high-rise, and it shook a bit.
They're blowing up chemicals near my house.

I've always wondered what the theory behind that is.

Spread them out quickly to dilute them?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#609818 Mar 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But that doesn't mean they're normal or useful.
Well, living organisms cannot be "normal," that is only a mechanical state.

As for beneficial, it has always shown benefits in social structures, especially in species such as ours. We have strayed so far from our natural states that we see no benefit, or drawback, from the state of homosexuality because we are no longer living as tribal beings. Tribes for humans are the same as packs for wolves, or prides for felines, though the structure was more organized. Due to females carrying the offspring, they were delegated to caring for the tribe's "home," and raising the children. The males were considered expendable, and thus were the hunters, spending most of the day hunting for food, and returning home with it to feed the entire tribe. Homosexual female couples would be more willing to protect the home, even fight to the death, while the males were away. Homosexual male bonding would assist in unit strength, they would know each other so well they could act as one, thus becoming more efficient at hunting. Which is a huge benefit in the early times, since humans are no match for a wild feline, without any form of unit strategy that would require little communication, humanity would never have survived, felines are the perfect hunters.

So yes, homosexuality has had a huge impact, a positive one, on our survival. Today it is a non-issue, it simply has no effect on our survival, however, abusing our own simply because they are homosexual, causing them undue persecution or treating them as second class, or less than, humans is a detriment to our species, and can make it dangerous for anyone, even you, if those in power think we will allow them to refuse equality to a small portion of the population just because they are a minority, any minority. Eventually that power will choose other minorities to reduce rights to, it's a slippery slope we have witnessed actually happening in history so many times, one famous one is Germany, the Jewish Holocaust.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#609819 Mar 12, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
You misspelled it.
Oh, sorry.

"it"

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#609820 Mar 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Beer cans.
Potato chip bags.
I don't eat those.
I only eat heathy stuff....
Yeah, sure. You do know that pretzels are not healthy, right?:P

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#609821 Mar 12, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, living organisms cannot be "normal," that is only a mechanical state.
As for beneficial, it has always shown benefits in social structures, especially in species such as ours. We have strayed so far from our natural states that we see no benefit, or drawback, from the state of homosexuality because we are no longer living as tribal beings. Tribes for humans are the same as packs for wolves, or prides for felines, though the structure was more organized. Due to females carrying the offspring, they were delegated to caring for the tribe's "home," and raising the children. The males were considered expendable, and thus were the hunters, spending most of the day hunting for food, and returning home with it to feed the entire tribe. Homosexual female couples would be more willing to protect the home, even fight to the death, while the males were away. Homosexual male bonding would assist in unit strength, they would know each other so well they could act as one, thus becoming more efficient at hunting. Which is a huge benefit in the early times, since humans are no match for a wild feline, without any form of unit strategy that would require little communication, humanity would never have survived, felines are the perfect hunters.
So yes, homosexuality has had a huge impact, a positive one, on our survival. Today it is a non-issue, it simply has no effect on our survival, however, abusing our own simply because they are homosexual, causing them undue persecution or treating them as second class, or less than, humans is a detriment to our species, and can make it dangerous for anyone, even you, if those in power think we will allow them to refuse equality to a small portion of the population just because they are a minority, any minority. Eventually that power will choose other minorities to reduce rights to, it's a slippery slope we have witnessed actually happening in history so many times, one famous one is Germany, the Jewish Holocaust.
Just because some tribal people do it doesn't mean it's normal in any sense.

It has become more accepted by society, but it's not normal behavior.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#609822 Mar 12, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
They are when covered in salt and nacho cheese!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#609824 Mar 12, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
I'm bored so I shall show you maize ... or corn as we call it in the US:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maize#Breeding
Yep, your yellow corn in the grocer, genetically modified since 1997. Yellow corn itself is a genetically modified organism, the result of inbreeding.

Actually all corn and maize itself has been heavily selected and cultivated to get what we have now. Corn 10,000 ya was little more than a seeded grass plant.

http://learn.genetics.utah.edu/content/variat...
Knowse

Hanceville, AL

#609825 Mar 12, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You spelled angle wrong.
The Christ was at one point, two ninety degree angles. He was instrumental in the discovery of Jupiter. With out the Christ, Uranus might be just another black hole.
And without Uranus, you would be full of chit!

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#609826 Mar 12, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>That doesn't mean it is normal or beneficial.
of course that means it is normal

and

"benificial" is a relative term.

tell,... in what way are you beneficial and to whom

Location hidden

#609827 Mar 12, 2013
beneficial

Location hidden

#609828 Mar 12, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the dumbest thing ever written.
Are we writing our own bible?
naa there is already a really "dumb" one

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#609829 Mar 12, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
They're dead.

Like Jesus and Michael Jackson.

But much tastier.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#609830 Mar 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
They are when covered in salt and nacho cheese!
Hmm, really? Oooh, that's awesome news.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#609831 Mar 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because some tribal people do it doesn't mean it's normal in any sense.
It has become more accepted by society, but it's not normal behavior.
To repeat the first sentence in a more detailed manner. No living organism is normal, even behavior. The simple fact that your DNA is not a clone of one of your parents means you will be different from them, genetically, this makes "normal" impossible for biological organisms. Even medical professionals are avoiding the word normal now as well, because there is no normal for the stats either, there are typical tolerance levels, and those have to be adjusted every once in a while to remain accurate enough to be useful. So no, nothing is normal behavior, even heterosexuality.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#609832 Mar 12, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
They're dead.
Like Jesus and Michael Jackson.
But much tastier.
You, you, you murderer! How dare you kill those poor pretzels. What did they ever do to you?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#609833 Mar 12, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually all corn and maize itself has been heavily selected and cultivated to get what we have now. Corn 10,000 ya was little more than a seeded grass plant.
http://learn.genetics.utah.edu/content/variat...
Ah, I hadn't looked back that far. lol

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#609834 Mar 12, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
Bad science about GMOs: It reminds me of the antivaccine movement
You are free to base your health on one mans blog. This isn't the first time that David Gorski has been associated with "Quackademic medicine". Enjoy.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#609835 Mar 12, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Some butts can be cute.....
IMO, there's NOTHING more attractive than a firm & shapley woman's derriere:)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#609836 Mar 12, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
To repeat the first sentence in a more detailed manner. No living organism is normal, even behavior. The simple fact that your DNA is not a clone of one of your parents means you will be different from them, genetically, this makes "normal" impossible for biological organisms. Even medical professionals are avoiding the word normal now as well, because there is no normal for the stats either, there are typical tolerance levels, and those have to be adjusted every once in a while to remain accurate enough to be useful. So no, nothing is normal behavior, even heterosexuality.
Behavior and DNA sequences are completely different topics. I don't know why you're trying to compare the two.

Sexuality, be it homo- or hetero-, a not a factor of DNA. Neither is a learned behavior.

Hair color, skin, eyes, build, etc are based on our DNA.

Behavior, sexuality, etc are learned traits.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#609837 Mar 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<
Sexuality, be it homo- or hetero-, a not a factor of DNA. Neither is a learned behavior.
That didn't come out right.

I meant that learned behavior isn't a cause if DNA....

derpy redneck

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 32 min kevin 1,032
Auto Money Machines - Auto Money Machines Revie... 48 min piyaro 1
www.mygiftcardsite.com balance - Mygiftcardsite... (Dec '12) 1 hr Richard bibbs 36
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 265,589
cleaning black dollar \ cleaning black currency... (Sep '12) 2 hr Dr Abdullah Saleh 43
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 2 hr yon 4,940
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr yon 39,395
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr truth 605,391
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr truth 560,745
How do I ask my dad for sex? (Oct '13) 14 hr daveo69 72
More from around the web