“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#609779 Mar 12, 2013
Perhaps we shouldn't.

Wouldn't wanna make the story untenable for moviegoers.

We'd better stick with a factual account.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#609780 Mar 12, 2013
Just look around the world you live in.What kind of a perfect design can you see? Its a major failure instead.

There is nothing but death, pain, suffering, war and disease in your God's perfectly designed world everyday.

There is an unhealthy, sadistic relation between the concept of God and a believer.You learn that you or a friend, relative have cancer.

You focus to the spiritual part of the process too by praying and hoping that God will help you.

Then if you or your friend, relative cant win the struggle and die, they say God gave the pain, God will give the patience.Either way, a believer accepts what God wanted for them with-out a question.

Then the next phase appears.They say that God loved that person so much more than others that he called him/her to heaven.That means if God loves you, you are in trouble because God kills you earlier than the sinners.
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#609781 Mar 12, 2013
flup wrote:
<quoted text> You are wasting your time by being a compassionate, caring atheist. Just go down the selfish road and have a good time.
Jesuits.
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#609782 Mar 12, 2013
The angels.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#609783 Mar 12, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
Perhaps we shouldn't.
Wouldn't wanna make the story untenable for moviegoers.
We'd better stick with a factual account.
I think Moses had a staff that ate snakes. Let me look around in my basement. Damn rats are everywhere now.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#609784 Mar 12, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>You tell me, you're the one playing word games and trying to put words in peoples mouthes. I said GMO food has been linked to cancer. You're the one who started talking about "bananas". By the way, STILL waiting for your GMO banana food source.
So you don't know what "genetically modified organism" means. Did you know that the domestic canine and feline are also examples of GMOs? Yep. That's a very sloppy, and archaic, method of genetic modification but it's altering a species genetically with a specific goal in mind. Horses are now also genetically modified organisms, we bred them for specific purposes and now they fit in their niches that we created for them because of it. Again, ALL bananas you can eat are genetically modified, want to see a real banana?

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/953053_f260.jpg
http://cdnimg.visualizeus.com/thumbs/dc/2e/ar...

Real bananas.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#609785 Mar 12, 2013
Forum wrote:
The angels.
You spelled angle wrong.

The Christ was at one point, two ninety degree angles. He was instrumental in the discovery of Jupiter. With out the Christ, Uranus might be just another black hole.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#609786 Mar 12, 2013
flup wrote:
<quoted text> Atheists having compassion?? You gotta be kidding. So you are right. I NOW do not believe any god exists, so it only makes sense that I should be selfish, step on everyones toes, and that everyone else should kowtow to ME. The ATHEIST way is the SELFISH way. No god, no conscience. Simple.
Really? You're such an inept human, such a failure as a living organism, that you have to have some invisible babysitter watching you just to be a decent person. That's sad, and says a lot more about you than about atheists.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#609787 Mar 12, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Moses had a staff that ate snakes. Let me look around in my basement. Damn rats are everywhere now.
Good!

You're our props manager.

While you're down there, nab us a couple of rats. We're gonna need 'em... one male, one female.

See ya on the set!

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#609788 Mar 12, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
So you don't know what "genetically modified organism" means. Did you know that the domestic canine and feline are also examples of GMOs? Yep. That's a very sloppy, and archaic, method of genetic modification but it's altering a species genetically with a specific goal in mind. Horses are now also genetically modified organisms, we bred them for specific purposes and now they fit in their niches that we created for them because of it. Again, ALL bananas you can eat are genetically modified, want to see a real banana?
http://s2.hubimg.com/u/953053_f260.jpg
http://cdnimg.visualizeus.com/thumbs/dc/2e/ar...
Real bananas.
I had two mutant bananas last night.

They were delicious.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#609789 Mar 12, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
They were delicious.
Mutant bananas are the best, it's hard to eat around the seeds of the normal ones.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#609790 Mar 12, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
They were delicious.
That was supposed to be a secret.

Oh yeah, I slipped on one of the peels and almost lost a leg.

Embrace the grey.

#609791 Mar 12, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
Mutant bananas are the best, it's hard to eat around the seeds of the normal ones.
I'd like a fruit cup tree.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#609792 Mar 12, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like a fruit cup tree.
That way may actually need microbiologists to help with.:P

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#609793 Mar 12, 2013
I'm bored so I shall show you maize ... or corn as we call it in the US:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maize#Breeding

Yep, your yellow corn in the grocer, genetically modified since 1997. Yellow corn itself is a genetically modified organism, the result of inbreeding.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#609794 Mar 12, 2013
God is human fiction.If there was an almighty and a wise God that created everything and the universe.There would be only one way to reach God.

But look at humanity now, different religions, their sub-branches fighting amongst eachother about which religion and faith is superior to the other.

Embrace the grey.

#609795 Mar 12, 2013
River Tam wrote:
That was supposed to be a secret.
Oh yeah, I slipped on one of the peels and almost lost a leg.
I tripped on some nuts before.

The squirrels are getting more bold every year.
Greens - tuf

Australia

#609796 Mar 12, 2013
pentagram1920 wrote:
Just look around the world you live in.What kind of a perfect design can you see? Its a major failure instead.
There is nothing but death, pain, suffering, war and disease in your God's perfectly designed world everyday.
There is an unhealthy, sadistic relation between the concept of God and a believer.You learn that you or a friend, relative have cancer.
You focus to the spiritual part of the process too by praying and hoping that God will help you.
Then if you or your friend, relative cant win the struggle and die, they say God gave the pain, God will give the patience.Either way, a believer accepts what God wanted for them with-out a question.
Then the next phase appears.They say that God loved that person so much more than others that he called him/her to heaven.That means if God loves you, you are in trouble because God kills you earlier than the sinners.
It all depends on how you perceive God. If you invision a material being of any description than you do not understand God.
God is energy, a energy form without limits, it is all that is, there is nothing else, it is everything.
Standing points of this energy gives the illusion of solidness, a manifestation of energy we perceive as life.
Nothing needs to be added, hence the illusion, we are using what we have, that being pure non destructive intelligent energy, and since nothing is added to this energy than nothing should be gained from this energy, but something is being gained hence the ever expanding Universe.
Do you think the Universe would still be expanding if it is as flawed as you say? Your mindset just goes to show how perfect it really is. That's the illusion, this planet we live on feels like a bad dream sometimes, but sometimes living on this planet can feel f#%&en amazing.
The emotion driven energetic Universe doesn't really care how you get you're kicks, as long as it gets your emotion / energy in motion it's happy.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#609797 Mar 12, 2013
boooots wrote:
Patty, the stories of Moses are all considered to be myths.
Yes, yes. By the ĦAlmighty Boots!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#609798 Mar 12, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems reasonable. At least he didn't use violence, such as spankings.
:)
:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min onemale 260,253
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 40 min andet1987 4,607
Why are hawaiians so racist against whites??? (Jun '08) 54 min Monet Light 30
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 95,767
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 1 hr my little Kitty 264
Is Michelle Obama a Horrible Mother? 1 hr andet1987 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Roberta G 174,213
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 545,191
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Patrick 228,601
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr mike 601,444