Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#609727 Mar 11, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the dumbest thing ever written.
Are we writing our own bible?
You're so close, grasshopper.

It should read: Our own bible is the dumbest thing ever written.

Now, once again. This time with feewing.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#609728 Mar 11, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
Here's another one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =rixyrCNVVGAXX&feature=rel ated
Americans are guinea pigs.
Thank you nano.

I used to think that this world would end because of something happening in the middle east. Now I'm convinced that it's this country that will be the downfall of mankind. That's what happens when the fox guards the henhouse.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#609729 Mar 11, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you 100%. Money really is the root of all evil.
Money is merely a tool dear. It is the lust for dominance and power that is the root cause of injustice.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#609730 Mar 11, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>You're quite welcome Hukt on Fonix. Here's another really good one to watch;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =5fEO9UkpkVkXX
Bookmarked.

Please... no need to be so formal.

Call me Hukt.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#609731 Mar 11, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>A 2009 Brazilian study found that female rats fed GM soy for 15 months showed significant changes in their uterus and reproductive cycle, compared to rats fed organic soy or those raised without soy. The glyphosate in the soybeans is believed to be the cause of the problem as it throws off the delicate hormonal balance that governs the whole reproductive cycle.
No increase in yields: GMO soy decreased yields by up to 20 percent compared with non-GMO soy, and up to 100 percent failures of GMO cotton have been recorded in India.
In a 2009 French study, scientists discovered that glyphosate can kill the cells in the outer layer of the human placenta (the trophoblast membrane), which in turn can kill the placenta. Only 1/500th the amount needed to kill weeds was able to kill the cells. The amount is so small, according to the study authors, the "residual levels to be expected, especially in food and feed derived from Roundup formulation-treated crops" could be enough to "cause cell damage and even [cell] death."
A Canadian epidemiological study, which looked at nearly 4,000 pregnancies in 1,898 couples, women exposed to glyphosate during the three months before getting pregnant had a significantly higher risk of miscarriages, especially for those above 34 years of age. Fathers who were exposed to glyphosate before their wives got pregnant showed an increase in early delivery and spontaneous abortions.
No reduction in pesticide use: USDA data showed that GMO crops increased pesticide use by 50 million pounds from 1996 to 2003 in the United States.
GMO crops harm wildlife: Wastes from GMO corn impairs the growth of aquatic insects.
GMO food and feed have been linked to deaths and sicknesses: Both in the fields of India, and in lab tests around the world.
GMO food has also now been linked to Cancer.
GMO have created super-viruses.
GMO food has been linked to sterility.
GMO’s also contribute to environmental damages.
The list goes on and on. There is not one single advantage to using GMO's.
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn22287-s...
Tom Sanders, head of nutritional research at King's College London, says that the strain of rat the French team used gets breast tumours easily, especially when given unlimited food, or maize contaminated by a common fungus that causes hormone imbalance, or just allowed to age. There were no data on food intake or tests for fungus in the maize, so we don't know whether this was a factor.

But didn't the treated rats get sicker than the untreated rats?
Some did, but that's not the full story. It wasn't that rats fed GM maize or herbicide got tumours, and the control rats did not. Five of the 20 control rats – 25 per cent – got tumours and died, while 60 per cent in "some test groups" that ate GM maize died. Some other test groups, however, were healthier than the controls.

Toxicologists do a standard mathematical test, called the standard deviation, on such data to see whether the difference is what you might expect from random variation, or can be considered significant. The French team did not present these tests in their paper. They used a complicated and unconventional analysis that Sanders calls "a statistical fishing trip".

Anthony Trewavas of the University of Edinburgh, UK, adds that in any case, there should be at least as many controls as test rats – there were only 20 of the former and 80 of the latter – to show how variably tumours appear. Without those additional controls, "these results are of no value", he says.

Location hidden

#609732 Mar 11, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Stan is a moron...Go Figure.
Of course I can have a black bus too because black is included in "all different colors". That bus will go to its heaven, too.
And remember my mechanic was your former mechanic! He and the rest of the sane people have left you alone on your lone black bus to your hell all by yourself.
Stan...it'd be a plumb shame for you to spend your lifetime being such a doofus.
Stan has been quite upset lately Sharkey.
We hid his stilts, an he can no longer reach the rim of the toilet to preach to his followers.
He has become quite irate over his shortness of power.
Smearing crisco in his bobby pullups hasn't helped his attitude any either.
He has now come completely unglued, and has fantasies about bussing us all to hell in his imaginary fleet of matchbox busses.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#609733 Mar 11, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you 100%. Money really is the root of all evil.
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Money is merely a tool dear. It is the lust for dominance and power that is the root cause of injustice.
The saying actually goes, "The love of money is the root of all evil."

Wut's a pirate ta do?

Location hidden

#609734 Mar 11, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Wut's a pirate ta do?
Plants are the roots of all evil.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#609735 Mar 11, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Plants are the roots of all evil.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =vy-Fv0qVBqEXX
LOL!

"I'll be in my bunk."

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#609736 Mar 11, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
Tom Sanders, head of nutritional research at King's College London, says that the strain of rat the French team used gets breast tumours easily, especially when given unlimited food, or maize contaminated by a common fungus that causes hormone imbalance, or just allowed to age.
“Of course it is only one study and must be kept in perspective but neither should it be dismissed out of hand, swept under the carpet or be the target of obfuscating comments designed to undermine it.”
“It is a bit unusual that this article is presented in the Q&A style which translates to: "but I the ignorant reader have a question" which is then answered in the form answer:“here is what you should think.”

On one side of the scale you have a multitude of studies which show that GMO food is dangerously unhealthy. On the other side of the scale no study has ever been shown by ANY source that GMO food is perfectly safe. Hmmm.... should people blindly consume it?

“GOD SAVE THE KING”

Since: Jun 11

NEW YORK CITY=FL=CT

#609737 Mar 11, 2013
endtime wrote:
----#---- NEXT POPE is ANTICHRIST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =mXWcaR0DuWoXX
Along With Obama The False Prophet..That BITCH!!

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#609738 Mar 11, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
Here's another one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =rixyrCNVVGAXX&feature=rel ated
Americans are guinea pigs.
I have a new guinea pig.

I call it Papua.

I thought it was a magui but after a few midnight snacks I had to accept that the nice old lady at the pet store screwed me over. Or maybe there was just a mix up. She was wearing some pretty thick glasses.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#609739 Mar 12, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>“Of course it is only one study and must be kept in perspective but neither should it be dismissed out of hand, swept under the carpet or be the target of obfuscating comments designed to undermine it.”
“It is a bit unusual that this article is presented in the Q&A style which translates to: "but I the ignorant reader have a question" which is then answered in the form answer:“here is what you should think.”
On one side of the scale you have a multitude of studies which show that GMO food is dangerously unhealthy. On the other side of the scale no study has ever been shown by ANY source that GMO food is perfectly safe. Hmmm.... should people blindly consume it?
http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2012/09/24/...

Bad science about GMOs: It reminds me of the antivaccine movement

Location hidden

#609741 Mar 12, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a new guinea pig.
I call it Papua.
I thought it was a magui but after a few midnight snacks I had to accept that the nice old lady at the pet store screwed me over. Or maybe there was just a mix up. She was wearing some pretty thick glasses.
The Smurfs when Papa went away for a weekend.

Forum

Hobbs, NM

#609742 Mar 12, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
What? All Christians haven't been lobotomized?
Then how did it happen?
There is no such thing as a Christian.
There is no such thing as Down Syndrome.
A doctor by the name of "Down"s made it
up and named it after himself. No such
thing as retardation. Depression.
Child abuse.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#609743 Mar 12, 2013

The Science of Genetically Modified Food .

Okay, I am done with this.

Location hidden

#609744 Mar 12, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Wut's a pirate ta do?
Invest in hemp!...An hold the gold! Sail the seas, like days o' old. Bury yer booty til greed leaves 'er nest, an drink in the ports, but, drink wit the best-The Pirates!

Location hidden

#609745 Mar 12, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as a Christian.
There is no such thing as Down Syndrome.
A doctor by the name of "Down"s made it
up and named it after himself. No such
thing as retardation. Depression.
Child abuse.
That may be the strangest prayer I've ever heard.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#609746 Mar 12, 2013
River Tam wrote:
The Smurfs when Papa went away for a weekend.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =BcWJaHZBEw0XX
I've got an idea for a new Gremlins movie.

A small population of undiscovered creatures find a new food source, industrial pollution. They go from relatively harmless creatures, few in number, to dangerous toxic crazy monsters by the thousands. The only known natural enemy, Gremlins. So an army is raised and trained, first as magui. With the training drilled into their brains, they are transformed into Gremlins to eliminate the new threat. Nothing goes according to plan. Cities are destroyed. Eventually the mutated monsters broker a peace with the Gremlins and join forces against the humans. The movie ends with the humans evacuating and setting up perimeters. Meanwhile tension rises with the new partners. Being natural adversaries, they cannot maintain friendly relations. The credits role as fighting resumes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 11 min Neelakaran 7,684
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min June VanDerMark 603,661
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 11 min WasteWater 8,378
Kathmandu Sex 19 min sxyguyktm28 2
The Christian Atheist debate 21 min Into The Night 4,096
News The Latest: Husband: Kentucky clerk is 'standin... 24 min Gremlin 18
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 41,174
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Freebird USA 177,902
More from around the web