Prove there's a god.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#609691 Mar 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Al, did you feel the 4.7 this morning?
I'm in a downtown L.A. high-rise, and it shook a bit.
I guess I've just learned to ignore most of em

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#609692 Mar 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I promise I wont kill you, but the day we meet up you getting a ass whoopin. Unless you really do have the mammaries you act like you have.
Never mind "Eye of the Tiger".

THIS is the theme song you need:

#609693 Mar 11, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Because he's buttugly.
Some butts can be cute.....

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#609694 Mar 11, 2013
Screw it!

Lemme hit it from a different angle...

Wasn't (isn't) one of the big controversies relating to GMO that companies like Monsanto would patent their “product”...

...and when their seed found its way into an independent farmer's field (and germinated), Monsanto had a legal right to virtually force the farmer out-of-business... by demanding the seed for the following year's crop be confiscated and/or destroyed because it infringed upon the copyright?

(Yeah... it's info from one of those documentaries... Food inc., maybe.)

The farmer would be required to purchase seed from Monsanto. Saving their own seed would be deemed illegal unless each seed is individually examined to verify that it didn't “belong to” Monsanto... something that simply isn't financially or technically feasible for the farmer to do.

My argument is somewhat tangential to Kitten's/Mylan's... apologies... but, one's gotta admit, if there's any truth to it... it's an underhanded way of conducting business.

Whose fault is it if the seed ends up in a field not contracted by Monsanto? The documentary (whichever one it was) hinted that the “copyrighted” seed fell from Monsanto truck traveling down the highway... and/or was transported to the independent's field via a natural mode (animals, wind, etc.).

Whose responsibility is it to prevent that from happening?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#609695 Mar 11, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I've just learned to ignore most of em
We do get blase, but the BIG ONE is coming, so it's important to be prepared: Water, TP, plastic bags, food, tools, more food, cash, and most important, a communication plan for your family.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#609696 Mar 11, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>Perhaps ... you should reconsider your sources - since you don't read them.
"Dr Barry, a graduate from UCC, spent more than two decades in St. Louis working for Monsanto"
Those Trannies 'R Us underwire bras that he wears are cutting off the blood supply to his brain.

http://www.anh-usa.org/genetically-engineered...

#609697 Mar 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We do get blase, but the BIG ONE is coming, so it's important to be prepared: Water, TP, plastic bags, food, tools, more food, cash, and most important, a communication plan for your family.
Yup, got all that. I'm just a bit rusty on my survival skills but hopefully I won't need it

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#609698 Mar 11, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
Whose responsibility is it to prevent that from happening?
Obviously it should have been Monsantos responsibility, but money is power. Monsanto makes Dick Cheney look like Mother Theresa. If you want to see a really good documentary about GMO's check out "Genetic Roulette - The gamble of our lives";

Location hidden

#609699 Mar 11, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
Those Trannies 'R Us underwire bras that he wears are cutting off the blood supply to his brain.
http://www.anh-usa.org/genetically-engineered...
Excellant link !!!

"The late George Wald, Nobel Laureate in Medicine or Physiology in 1967 and Higgins Professor of Biology at Harvard University, was one of the first scientists to speak out about the potential dangers of genetic engineering:

Recombinant DNA technology [genetic engineering] faces our society with problems unprecedented, not only in the history of science, but of life on the Earth….Now whole new proteins will be transposed overnight into wholly new associations, with consequences no one can foretell, either for the host organism or their neighbors….For going ahead in this direction may not only be unwise but dangerous. Potentially, it could breed new animal and plant diseases, new sources of cancer, novel epidemics."

Location hidden

#609700 Mar 11, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
I'm just a bit rusty on my survival skills but hopefully I won't need it
Better to be prepared and not need it, then need it and not be prepared.

#609701 Mar 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been said that relief may not come for weeks or even months

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#609702 Mar 11, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
Calm down, she will flash a titty and it will be all over then.:)

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#609703 Mar 11, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Abusers always rationalize and try to justify their abuse of others. Calling her "Patty" every other sentence is shytty.
that she might know that she fools no-one by changing her naym.

You, on the other hand have no room to judge anyone.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#609704 Mar 11, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been said that relief may not come for weeks or even months
Right. And ATMs won't work, and gas/water/power may not be available, and we never know where we will be when it hits. I have an earthquake kit in a duffel bag in the trunk of my car.

Location hidden

#609705 Mar 11, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
you and i have discussed this WAY too many times......and you and I will NEVER agree on anything.
you can't be reached and you don't have any common sense to reason with.
So lets not rehash old arguments.
I KNOW there is a God
you choose to not believe in God...thats your right.
live as you wish.
but don't dictate to me what i know as truth.
you are delusional, you may indeed think you know there is a god, however there is no evidence for such a conviction.

You are so delusional that your behaviour is not trustworthy, you should not have the responsibility of care for another person.

For the security of society, and for your own good, you should be helped (or incarcerated).

Location hidden

#609706 Mar 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost every animal does it in one way or another. That's nature, ie; natural.
yes

homosexuality is common to all mammals.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#609707 Mar 11, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously it should have been Monsantos responsibility
Yep... that's my “opinion” as well.
but money is power.
And it has no intrinsic value... whereas food does, unless it's produced by an independent farmer. I guess that'd be the argument we're left with.
Monsanto makes Dick Cheney look like Mother Theresa.
Who needs Mother Nature when there's Mother Monsanto and Daddy Dick?(Guffaw!)

Something else to consider...

The whole kit'n kaboodle... everything from planting... to the raw material from which (most) fertilizers and pesticides are produced, as well powering the machinery used to apply them... to harvesting, transporting, and storing/refrigeration... virtually every step in the process... is dependent upon what?

If you want to see a really good documentary about GMO's check out "Genetic Roulette - The gamble of our lives";
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =PfBSFaNpHY0XX
It's downloading as I type this.

I wish actually knew more about such issues than I do. It's gawd damn difficult to tell who's being straight up and who's not.

Thanks for the viewing suggestion.

It'll get watched after this here movie I'm currently in the midst of ends >>> “Agora (2009)”.

Somehow, it's one that escaped my awareness til now. Can't speak to its historical accuracy... who could? But... as movies go... it's pretty good (thus far).

#609708 Mar 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down, she will flash a titty and it will be all over then.:)
Images of Magda from "Something about
Mary" shudder.....

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#609709 Mar 11, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Excellant link !!!
"The late George Wald, Nobel Laureate in Medicine or Physiology in 1967 and Higgins Professor of Biology at Harvard University, was one of the first scientists to speak out about the potential dangers of genetic engineering:
Recombinant DNA technology [genetic engineering] faces our society with problems unprecedented, not only in the history of science, but of life on the Earth….Now whole new proteins will be transposed overnight into wholly new associations, with consequences no one can foretell, either for the host organism or their neighbors….For going ahead in this direction may not only be unwise but dangerous. Potentially, it could breed new animal and plant diseases, new sources of cancer, novel epidemics."
Here's another one.

&fe ature=related

Americans are guinea pigs.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#609710 Mar 11, 2013
flup wrote:
I wish I could make a NUCLEAR BOMB. One powerful enough to WIPE OUT the ENTIRE PLANET. ALL HUMANS, animals and other living things NIXED within MINUTES. Guys like Hitler (15 Million), Stalin (20 Million), and Mao Tse Tung (25 Million) had the IDEA (that's a WHOLE HEAP of people exterminated, folks!!), but I wanna go for the BIGGIE - the "ALL YOU CAN EAT" OPTION i.e. the WHOLE DAMN WORLD!!! AND the BEST thing about it, is that I will be held ACCOUNTABLE by NOBODY after I DIE!!! Remember, THERE IS NO GOD!!! When I GO, EVERYONE GOES. I mean, think about it. It doesn't MATTER if you dust away ONE person, or a MILLION people. If you get caught, you will GO to COURT (caught, then court, LOL!), then A: You will either get the DEATH PENALTY OR B: You will spend the REST OF YOUR SORRY ASS LIFE in the clink. SO, what's the POINT of only gunning down ONE or TWO people. Go for the BIG NUKE, man. Make it worth your while. After all, you DO NOT believe any GOD will judge you after your demise, right?? So why worry?? NUKE 'EM!!! That's what ANY sensible-thinking atheist would do. Now, how do I get my hands on that Uranium??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min waaasssuuup 682,031
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Denny CranesPlace 8,127
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Aerobatty 124,079
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 18 min Comrade Trump 286,504
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 30 min Here For Now 619,476
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Peter Ross 6,373
--- for SIDE SLEEPERS --- *Instant Better Comfo... 5 hr Arm Pillow Max 1
More from around the web