Prove there's a god.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#609651 Mar 11, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>You'd whine too if you had to deal with him :p
Even as an adult you will learn to accept, the
discipline to become a part of the greatest thing.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#609652 Mar 11, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
He can't do much else, other than insult. It's a flaw when they don't have any education or use intellect.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#609653 Mar 11, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know the great American legend of Sasquatch?
By the way, Stan = Bobloblah.
No, never heard of it or maybe i have, but i have no idea!

U sure? 100%?

I checked Aeon flux cartoon out, just the trailer thingy, it looks like the batman cartoon, but that was awesome, is this as good as that?

I also watched jack reacher, DO NOT WATCH THAT FILM, DON'T DO IT, TIDE!! SAVE YOURSELF, IT'S TOOOO LATE FOR ME!!! LOL!

I also tried to watch avengers again, i couldn't do it, i'll try again in a few months!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#609654 Mar 11, 2013
boooots wrote:
Though we now waste a lot of food and the earth can produce more than it does now, there is a finite limit to how many humans the earth can support, using only the earth's resources.
"The world produces enough food to feed everyone. World agriculture produces 17 percent more calories per person today than it did 30 years ago, despite a 70 percent population increase. This is enough to provide everyone in the world with at least 2,720 kilocalories (kcal) per person per day according to the most recent estimate that we could find.(FAO 2002, p.9)."

http://www.worldhunger.org/articles/Learn/wor...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eric-holt-gimen...

Location hidden

#609655 Mar 11, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>A 2009 Brazilian study found that female rats fed GM soy for 15 months showed significant changes in their uterus and reproductive cycle, compared to rats fed organic soy or those raised without soy. The glyphosate in the soybeans is believed to be the cause of the problem as it throws off the delicate hormonal balance that governs the whole reproductive cycle.
No increase in yields: GMO soy decreased yields by up to 20 percent compared with non-GMO soy, and up to 100 percent failures of GMO cotton have been recorded in India.
In a 2009 French study, scientists discovered that glyphosate can kill the cells in the outer layer of the human placenta (the trophoblast membrane), which in turn can kill the placenta. Only 1/500th the amount needed to kill weeds was able to kill the cells. The amount is so small, according to the study authors, the "residual levels to be expected, especially in food and feed derived from Roundup formulation-treated crops" could be enough to "cause cell damage and even [cell] death."
A Canadian epidemiological study, which looked at nearly 4,000 pregnancies in 1,898 couples, women exposed to glyphosate during the three months before getting pregnant had a significantly higher risk of miscarriages, especially for those above 34 years of age. Fathers who were exposed to glyphosate before their wives got pregnant showed an increase in early delivery and spontaneous abortions.
No reduction in pesticide use: USDA data showed that GMO crops increased pesticide use by 50 million pounds from 1996 to 2003 in the United States.
GMO crops harm wildlife: Wastes from GMO corn impairs the growth of aquatic insects.
GMO food and feed have been linked to deaths and sicknesses: Both in the fields of India, and in lab tests around the world.
GMO food has also now been linked to Cancer.
GMO have created super-viruses.
GMO food has been linked to sterility.
GMO’s also contribute to environmental damages.
The list goes on and on. There is not one single advantage to using GMO's.
Defo!! But it's profitable to the massive EVIL monster companies that don't give a f*ck about us humans, coz they evil aliens!! It's all about f*ckin' profit!! MONEY, MONEY, MONEY!!!!!

Location hidden

#609656 Mar 11, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
"The world produces enough food to feed everyone. World agriculture produces 17 percent more calories per person today than it did 30 years ago, despite a 70 percent population increase. This is enough to provide everyone in the world with at least 2,720 kilocalories (kcal) per person per day according to the most recent estimate that we could find.(FAO 2002, p.9)."
There was a survey that was done and it showed that what the average person in India ate in a month, The average American ate in a week or something like that. They were comparing daily food intake of people in different countries.

I totally agree, nature is so kind, it gave us everything for free, if it's running out it's our fault, we are using way too much of the natural resources, coz we greedy pigs who don't understand ourselves or anything around us, we just think we clever and we are doing so well but the truth is that we r going sooo downhill it's scary!!!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#609657 Mar 11, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>A 2009 Brazilian study found that female rats fed GM soy for 15 months showed significant changes in their uterus and reproductive cycle, compared to rats fed organic soy or those raised without soy. The glyphosate in the soybeans is believed to be the cause of the problem as it throws off the delicate hormonal balance that governs the whole reproductive cycle.
No increase in yields: GMO soy decreased yields by up to 20 percent compared with non-GMO soy, and up to 100 percent failures of GMO cotton have been recorded in India.
In a 2009 French study, scientists discovered that glyphosate can kill the cells in the outer layer of the human placenta (the trophoblast membrane), which in turn can kill the placenta. Only 1/500th the amount needed to kill weeds was able to kill the cells. The amount is so small, according to the study authors, the "residual levels to be expected, especially in food and feed derived from Roundup formulation-treated crops" could be enough to "cause cell damage and even [cell] death."
A Canadian epidemiological study, which looked at nearly 4,000 pregnancies in 1,898 couples, women exposed to glyphosate during the three months before getting pregnant had a significantly higher risk of miscarriages, especially for those above 34 years of age. Fathers who were exposed to glyphosate before their wives got pregnant showed an increase in early delivery and spontaneous abortions.
No reduction in pesticide use: USDA data showed that GMO crops increased pesticide use by 50 million pounds from 1996 to 2003 in the United States.
GMO crops harm wildlife: Wastes from GMO corn impairs the growth of aquatic insects.
GMO food and feed have been linked to deaths and sicknesses: Both in the fields of India, and in lab tests around the world.
GMO food has also now been linked to Cancer.
GMO have created super-viruses.
GMO food has been linked to sterility.
GMO’s also contribute to environmental damages.
The list goes on and on. There is not one single advantage to using GMO's.
.... and now you are making the fallacy of equivocation. You should be above this sort of fallacy, especially one that includes so much misrepresentation of facts. Here is a question you completely failed to address:

WHICH genetically modified products?

That's a very specific question, because ALL corn is genetically modified, well, all yellow corn. All bananas are genetically modified, the edible ones that is.... and there are a lot more such foods. Thus you have to establish not only the specific species, the result of genetic modification in other words, but also the specific method, of which there are hundreds. Then you must, it's a requirement before making any such claim, provide evidence that it was nothing else being the cause. If this requirement is not met, we would have to ban water.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#609658 Mar 11, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Defo!! But it's profitable to the massive EVIL monster companies that don't give a f*ck about us humans, coz they evil aliens!! It's all about f*ckin' profit!! MONEY, MONEY, MONEY!!!!!
One of the greatest scientists who has developed some of the best genetically modified wheat and other foods does not work for a corporation, but because of idiotic paranoid freaks he is forced to depend on the corporations for financial support, which is why his GMO crops are not used to feed hungry people but are instead used to produce profit by selling it all to you. If you hated corporations so much, you'd never spend any money in the store again, ever. Otherwise you are supporting these corporations you claim are "evil" when you use money.

Location hidden

#609659 Mar 11, 2013
Clementia wrote:
I agree with you 100%. Money really is the root of all evil.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#609660 Mar 11, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"Patty" ['Yellowdog']??
Why would a so-called "Christian" do something like this?
Hmmmmm.....honesty would not a strong suit with most of them, huh?
Some Christians, in fact most I know, are honest. Patty has proved many times here that not only is she not honest, but it seems she is incapable of being honest, but since Jesus has paid her 'sin debt' she can break the laws of God, and is already forgiven because she has accepted the likely mythical Jesus, as her Savior. PLH claims to be a Christian, and I am not aware that she is not honest, based on what I have observed here.

Many of the others here claiming to be Christians are falsely claiming that so they also are not honest. Many of them also are not here to discuss the stated topics, but rather just to annoy other posters - eg RR, nano, Brian.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#609661 Mar 11, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, it uses only calories and fails to mention the nutrients needed for a healthy diet. Perhaps ... you should reconsider your sources?

Location hidden

#609662 Mar 11, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
.... and now you are making the fallacy of equivocation.
No it's not. There's nothing fallacy about it.
WHICH genetically modified products?
We could be here all day doing it that way. Instead try showing ANY GMO that is not a danger to ones health, or the planet. I'll wait.
AL GARCIA

Riverside, CA

#609663 Mar 11, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
But the parents, in most cases, are adults, and the kids, in all cases will not always do the right thing. Hitting child only scares nd confuses them, qnd hurts them physically. I confessed to having fallen vicitim to the same mistreatment of my kids, but I am not proud of it nor do i condone my behavior. It was immature of me to do that, and had I to do it over again, I would definitely not do what I infrequently did with them.
A small child relative to a parent would be equivalent to you and a giant of say 12 feet or more, weighing maybe 1/4 ton, having perhaps 100 times your strength.
Do you feel that being picked up by that giant and administered, relatively speaking, a spanking at your size and age, would be considered appropriate behavior, or would it be behavior that would and should put that giant behind bars for a good number of years?
The law doesn't even allow criminals to be treated that way in the USA, according to my knowledge.
Sorry booots.... I don't consider it mistreatment when spanking is done as a training tool to correct the child's behavior with no malice, no hatred or intent to injure. Mistreatment will occur when any parent doesn't understand the difference and if it is the spanking that caused harm then the issue isn't the spanking at that point, but the individual parent's mental or emotional state.
I guess that simply means that if a parent has anger issues and/or can't distinguish the difference or is afraid to discipline their child in that manner,...... then maybe they shouldn't be spanking their kids. Perhaps they should try something that doesn't make the parent feel guilty.
I personally have no remorse or feel that anything was done incorrectly and neither do the other 64% of parents polled in the august 1st 2011 NIH study on spanking.
Also, boots.... if your children see you as an angry 12 foot 1/4 ton giant then maybe the problem is with that parent to begin with not teaching their children that what the child is looking at is a loving, caring, smiling but firm parent and not on Ogre. And the only victim here is parent who is only guilty of self guilt.
Parenting is a very fine line and not all parents have the same abilities, patience or gifts of others. Spanking alone does not determine if someone is a fit parent or not.

Location hidden

#609664 Mar 11, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
One of the greatest scientists who has developed some of the best genetically modified wheat and other foods does not work for a corporation
What do you mean by "best"? That could mean anything to anyone. What is his name? I'm sure there's a lot about him that you left out.

Location hidden

#609665 Mar 11, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
Funny, it uses only calories and fails to mention the nutrients needed for a healthy diet.
Yes, the idea was to sustain the population, not make them get fat. The point is that GMO's are NOT needed to feed everyone.
JACK

Riverside, CA

#609666 Mar 11, 2013
YOU DONT KNOW

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#609667 Mar 11, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's not. There's nothing fallacy about it.
<quoted text>We could be here all day doing it that way. Instead try showing ANY GMO that is not a danger to ones health, or the planet. I'll wait.
Where is the actual evidence that bananas cause cancer? That's a GMO food source, if GMO foods cause cancer then you will have evidence that bananas cause cancer.

Yes, it was a fallacy.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#609668 Mar 11, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, the idea was to sustain the population, not make them get fat. The point is that GMO's are NOT needed to feed everyone.
Calories make people "fat," nutrients are required for survival. You posted a source that dishonestly ignores that fact.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#609669 Mar 11, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>What do you mean by "best"? That could mean anything to anyone. What is his name? I'm sure there's a lot about him that you left out.
http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Irish-scient...
Sharkey

United States

#609670 Mar 11, 2013
Stan-an-Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>Is this the best you can do !!
You are leaving this life exactly as you have lived it. Copying from others in order to make your way.
Note: If your mechanic is on standby, ready to 'paint them ALL different colors', how then can there be a BLACK Bus if you have painted them ALL different colors???
Stanley was so correct to say that you are full of schidt to the eyeballs.
I will also go so far as to say that in your lifetime, you have been a LIAR and a THIEF and a Cheater and a CROOK and a foul-mouthed prick.
Go Figure.
Stan is a moron...Go Figure.

Of course I can have a black bus too because black is included in "all different colors". That bus will go to its heaven, too.

And remember my mechanic was your former mechanic! He and the rest of the sane people have left you alone on your lone black bus to your hell all by yourself.

Stan...it'd be a plumb shame for you to spend your lifetime being such a doofus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Rosesz 675,493
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Xtasty 110,012
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 5 hr lightbeamrider 4,079
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 7 hr awesome reality 46,189
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 hr UidiotRaceMakeWOR... 184,711
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 11 hr Holy God s Child 619,347
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 11 hr Tony 6,217
More from around the web