Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#609449 Mar 11, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>I don't see American society as a 'greedy' society, but if you do, and you don't like it, then there are always other societies that you can live in.
I don't see our society greedy, either. Not the majority anyway.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#609450 Mar 11, 2013
boooots wrote:
If the child is being spanked, swatted, or struck in any manner, it is being harmed, and the parent is in the wrong.
HA HA HA !!!

So what, just let the kid be a little brat, crying and crying and crying because you refused to buy him Cocoa Puffs?

No.

Smack that little bastard's ass, show him who's boss.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#609451 Mar 11, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
of course it is hitting, swatting the rump which is the only place one should be spanked is not harmful to the physcial well being of a child, you can't hurt a child swatting them on the butt, it hurts their feelings and pride which is the goal you want to achieve so they don't disobey you again.
telling a child to 'stop it' 20 times and never following thru is the most harmful thing you can do because you send the signal, there is no real consequences for your bad behavior other than me yelling at you.
that accomplishes nothing.
Patty, stick to something you have experience and/or knowledge in; you are wrong that hitting a child on their backside is not hurting the child. Having been spanked as a child, it hurt like hell. That is why the parent does it (besides mainly for revenge) because pain makes people afraid to do something because they don't want to experience that pain again.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#609452 Mar 11, 2013
boooots wrote:
You cannot in a democratic society hit someone for telling you not to spank your child.
Then you shouldn't be butting in if a parent decides to swat the kid on the ass for acting out.

If you're seeing real abuse, you have the obligation to help the kid.

If you're seeing a spanking, let it be.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#609453 Mar 11, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
In the eyes of the atheists, they base their non belief on the issue of not being able to physcially SEE God with their own eyes.
The massive evidences of His work in creation is not enough for the hard core scoffer.
There is no massive evidence of His work in Creation. Man has looked at what you refer to as Creation, and said, since it is big and they had no idea how it came about, some invisible god must have created it. It is a product of man's imagination, Patty.

We have absolutely no evidence of a god, even if a god, does exist, which you believe, but you definitely do not know.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#609454 Mar 11, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Patty, stick to something you have experience and/or knowledge in; you are wrong that hitting a child on their backside is not hurting the child. Having been spanked as a child, it hurt like hell. That is why the parent does it (besides mainly for revenge) because pain makes people afraid to do something because they don't want to experience that pain again.
Yup. It makes the kid learn consequences for bad behavior.

Or you can just threaten the kid with a time out..... "As soon as we get home!"

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#609459 Mar 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yay! I'm first one the list!
He considers following Patty around and ridiculing her as "discussion". ;)

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#609460 Mar 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I don't see our society greedy, either. Not the majority anyway.
Then you just contradicted yourself. I understand that everything can't be perfect for everyone all the time. It's give and take, but you can't predict the future and one of those people that you're helping today may just help you or a loved one in the future. If you're so well off then you should be thankful, and giving to those who aren't so well off is one way to show it.

Location hidden

#609461 Mar 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Then you shouldn't be butting in if a parent decides to swat the kid on the ass for acting out.
That child has no voice. It is your obligation TO speak out.
If you're seeing real abuse, you have the obligation to help the kid.
If you're seeing a spanking, let it be.
They're one in the same.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#609462 Mar 11, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You've also behaved like a little brat on the thread. With my 13 years on you, shall I mock and embarrass you on this thread, to teach you whose boss eh?
Oh, daddy.... Be gentle...

Location hidden

#609463 Mar 11, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Well first, I kind of figured you were from the south, and second, you don't intimidate anyone. If you tried anything it would just be all the sweeter to see your fat ass get locked up.
You're contradicting yourself again.

Location hidden

#609464 Mar 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Yup. It makes the kid learn consequences for bad behavior.
There are MANY forms of punishment. Striking a defenseless child is not the only one.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#609465 Mar 11, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
Spanking doesn't teach children the natural consequences of their behavior, only that their parents will hit them if they do wrong!
That IS teaching them consequences...

Derp

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#609466 Mar 11, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>He considers following Patty around and ridiculing her as "discussion". ;)
I've noticed.

I've also noticed that he must call her Patty, not by her screen name.

Dude's got problems.

And I don't care.

He's a Canadian idiot.
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#609467 Mar 11, 2013
flup wrote:
<quoted text> Nope. It don't matter to me at all. Born, live, die, finish. Life is FUTILE (means NOTHING).
Life is purpose. Enjoy.
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#609468 Mar 11, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>There are MANY forms of punishment. Striking a defenseless child is not the only one.
Children need attention. A hug.
Communicate with them. Let them speak.
Sometimes they are just hungry.

Location hidden

#609469 Mar 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I've noticed.
I've also noticed that he must call her Patty, not by her screen name.
Dude's got problems.
And I don't care.
He's a Canadian idiot.
Abusers always rationalize and try to justify their abuse of others. Calling her "Patty" every other sentence is shytty.

Since: Feb 12

undisclosed USA

#609470 Mar 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA HA !!!
So what, just let the kid be a little brat, crying and crying and crying because you refused to buy him Cocoa Puffs?
No.
So you consider your sons to be little bastards?

I guess that's one way to win their respect.......

Location hidden

#609471 Mar 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That IS teaching them consequences...
Derp
I can think of a couple of people who spanking them when they were kids might have made a positive impact on how their lives turned out.

Location hidden

#609472 Mar 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA HA !!!
No.
IOWS, "Don't make me give you something to cry ABOUT!!!"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min ffj 37,780
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Catholic24 641,186
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 30 min Anna 104,608
Newsworthy 47 min Topper 39 1
Ihaveagod.com - Christian Network - Connecting ... 1 hr israel96 8
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr LAWEST100 618,340
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Raspberry8445 18,661
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr Neville Thompson 280,860
More from around the web