Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#609439 Mar 11, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Thing is, in a compassionate society those who are blessed help those who are not. I love the fact that I have to explain this to someone who supposedly is religious. How typical. LOL...
Yes but in a greedy society, so many take and take and take while giving nothing back.

You know that with Obamacare, if you sell a home for more than $250,000 you have to pay a 3.8% Federal tax?

Didjya?

“design is God's trademark”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#609440 Mar 11, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Spanking is hitting, look it up in a thesaurus. If you're on a Mac it's a simple right click. Call it what you will, smack, slap, hit, tan someone's hide.... it's just semantics. a justification for you to use it.
of course it is hitting, swatting the rump which is the only place one should be spanked is not harmful to the physcial well being of a child, you can't hurt a child swatting them on the butt, it hurts their feelings and pride which is the goal you want to achieve so they don't disobey you again.

telling a child to 'stop it' 20 times and never following thru is the most harmful thing you can do because you send the signal, there is no real consequences for your bad behavior other than me yelling at you.
that accomplishes nothing.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#609441 Mar 11, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
hahaha! so you like to meddle in how parents raise their children do you?
No, I am a voice for those who don't have one. Pisses you off that you can't abuse a defenseless child doesn't it?
unless a child is being physcially harmed you can't get involved in peoples business.
That's funny, I've never had any issues reporting abuse. Maybe you live in backwards state.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#609442 Mar 11, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Self-commit yourself.
Ol' bootsie hurt my feelers.

He done diddly do da did disrespected me.

Now I'm out of his lol club.

Shucks and darn it!

Location hidden

#609443 Mar 11, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
Just so ya know, if you attempted to interfer in a parent spanking a child down here in the south, you would probley get a taste of the spanking from that parent yourself.
Well first, I kind of figured you were from the south, and second, you don't intimidate anyone. If you tried anything it would just be all the sweeter to see your fat ass get locked up.

“design is God's trademark”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#609444 Mar 11, 2013
dbarth wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove there is not a God!
In the eyes of the atheists, they base their non belief on the issue of not being able to physcially SEE God with their own eyes.
The massive evidences of His work in creation is not enough for the hard core scoffer.

Location hidden

#609445 Mar 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Yes but in a greedy society, so many take and take and take while giving nothing back.
I don't see American society as a 'greedy' society, but if you do, and you don't like it, then there are always other societies that you can live in.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#609446 Mar 11, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha! so you like to meddle in how parents raise their children do you?
well chum, take a stroll thru any store at any given hour and you are apt to see a parent swat a misbehaving child on the rump.
I saw someone go up to a lady one time who spanked a routy loud child and say something to them, that i assumed was along the same lines you are saying to me..........and that lady told the person to mind her own business, then the manager came over and told the lady who was saying something to the parent to leave the store.
unless a child is being physcially harmed you can't get involved in peoples business.
FYI. Most parents don't spank their child in public, they take them to the bathroom or car to so that it doesn't embarrass the child.
A few years ago an American family were seen in a Canadian city spanking or otherwise hitting their child in public. The police were called and the parent(s) were charged. I don't think I know the outcome of that.

Although many of us got angry and resorted to physical hitting when a child seemed out of control, it is not appropriate behavior, and that woman, except if she was doing something more than just chastising the parent for striking her child should not have been kicked out of the store for telling the mother to not hit her child. The right of the child to not be struck, and embarrassed in a public place far exceeds any rights of the parent in that case.

Having said that, a parent also has the responsibility to keep the child under control in public place, and I have seen mothers ignoring children when they are misbehaving and bothering others, and in that case, the child should not be hit, but he should either be told to stop, and that enforced, or should be taken out of the store. People shopping or doing other things in a public place also have a right to a certain amount of respect.

If the child is being spanked, swatted, or struck in any manner, it is being harmed, and the parent is in the wrong.

Location hidden

#609447 Mar 11, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
of course it is hitting, swatting the rump which is the only place one should be spanked is not harmful to the physcial well being of a child,
Wrong.
telling a child to 'stop it' 20 times and never following thru is the most harmful thing you can do because you send the signal, there is no real consequences for your bad behavior
Only uninformed bad parents feel that way. Maybe pick up a book on the topic and reading it might help, instead of just blindly doing what was done to you as a child.

Location hidden

#609448 Mar 11, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
Just so ya know, if you attempted to interfer in a parent spanking a child down here in the south, you would probley get a taste of the spanking from that parent yourself. LOL
If that happened, the parent would legally be subject to arrest for assault, and if the south has any normal laws, the parent might get a hefty jail term. You cannot in a democratic society hit someone for telling you not to spank your child.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#609449 Mar 11, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>I don't see American society as a 'greedy' society, but if you do, and you don't like it, then there are always other societies that you can live in.
I don't see our society greedy, either. Not the majority anyway.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#609450 Mar 11, 2013
boooots wrote:
If the child is being spanked, swatted, or struck in any manner, it is being harmed, and the parent is in the wrong.
HA HA HA !!!

So what, just let the kid be a little brat, crying and crying and crying because you refused to buy him Cocoa Puffs?

No.

Smack that little bastard's ass, show him who's boss.

Location hidden

#609451 Mar 11, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
of course it is hitting, swatting the rump which is the only place one should be spanked is not harmful to the physcial well being of a child, you can't hurt a child swatting them on the butt, it hurts their feelings and pride which is the goal you want to achieve so they don't disobey you again.
telling a child to 'stop it' 20 times and never following thru is the most harmful thing you can do because you send the signal, there is no real consequences for your bad behavior other than me yelling at you.
that accomplishes nothing.
Patty, stick to something you have experience and/or knowledge in; you are wrong that hitting a child on their backside is not hurting the child. Having been spanked as a child, it hurt like hell. That is why the parent does it (besides mainly for revenge) because pain makes people afraid to do something because they don't want to experience that pain again.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#609452 Mar 11, 2013
boooots wrote:
You cannot in a democratic society hit someone for telling you not to spank your child.
Then you shouldn't be butting in if a parent decides to swat the kid on the ass for acting out.

If you're seeing real abuse, you have the obligation to help the kid.

If you're seeing a spanking, let it be.

Location hidden

#609453 Mar 11, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
In the eyes of the atheists, they base their non belief on the issue of not being able to physcially SEE God with their own eyes.
The massive evidences of His work in creation is not enough for the hard core scoffer.
There is no massive evidence of His work in Creation. Man has looked at what you refer to as Creation, and said, since it is big and they had no idea how it came about, some invisible god must have created it. It is a product of man's imagination, Patty.

We have absolutely no evidence of a god, even if a god, does exist, which you believe, but you definitely do not know.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#609454 Mar 11, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Patty, stick to something you have experience and/or knowledge in; you are wrong that hitting a child on their backside is not hurting the child. Having been spanked as a child, it hurt like hell. That is why the parent does it (besides mainly for revenge) because pain makes people afraid to do something because they don't want to experience that pain again.
Yup. It makes the kid learn consequences for bad behavior.

Or you can just threaten the kid with a time out..... "As soon as we get home!"

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#609459 Mar 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yay! I'm first one the list!
He considers following Patty around and ridiculing her as "discussion". ;)

Location hidden

#609460 Mar 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I don't see our society greedy, either. Not the majority anyway.
Then you just contradicted yourself. I understand that everything can't be perfect for everyone all the time. It's give and take, but you can't predict the future and one of those people that you're helping today may just help you or a loved one in the future. If you're so well off then you should be thankful, and giving to those who aren't so well off is one way to show it.

Location hidden

#609461 Mar 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Then you shouldn't be butting in if a parent decides to swat the kid on the ass for acting out.
That child has no voice. It is your obligation TO speak out.
If you're seeing real abuse, you have the obligation to help the kid.
If you're seeing a spanking, let it be.
They're one in the same.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#609462 Mar 11, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You've also behaved like a little brat on the thread. With my 13 years on you, shall I mock and embarrass you on this thread, to teach you whose boss eh?
Oh, daddy.... Be gentle...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min truth 654,292
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min here 64,352
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Neville Thompson 281,934
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 31 min X Pendable 183,202
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 41 min Neville Thompson 45,260
Sex with Mom (May '12) 47 min Jessika1995 27
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Truth Teller 106,581
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 13 hr andy 46
More from around the web