OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#608888 Mar 8, 2013
USG wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not professing to know how life got here. I simply question how life began to form. The building blocks for life obviously came from the Earth. I really don't believe in the Bible, but I find it ironic that Adam was formed from dust and metaphorically that supports evolution. As far as the rib forming Eve, I think that is the start of where the Bible leans toward a male superiority attitude. I personally find the Bible pretty repulsive when it comes to women in general.
Interesting post and I agree with much of what you say; however, I don't see how a living organism being created from dust supports evolution since the first living organism was surely not created from dust nor did modern man (and Adam IS portrayed in the bible as a 100% modern man and not as a Cro-Magnon or Neanderthal or any hominid which came before)come to be within the blink of an eye which is also pretty much how the bible portrays god creating the first man.

And yes, of course the bible leans toward a male superiority attitude- it was written by men who perceived women as lowly because everyone did at the time the bible was written.

I find the bible repulsive not only due to that, but also due to the incredible amount of blood, gore and violence to be found within the pages of the...ahem...."good" book.

But what I find most repulsive is how self-contradictory the god of the bible is along with being vengeful, vindictive, wrathful, petty, jealous, mean and spiteful.

Sorry, but imo, only a masochist could describe the god of the bible as "loving".

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#608889 Mar 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you love being wrong, doncha?
Go away, you assumptive little bitch.
COMIC books don't count, RR.

And I'll go away when I am ready to and NOT because YOU say so and this post of yours to which I am responding is just further proof of what an impotent little man you are; after all, I said "TOODLES" PRIOR to this post of yours telling me to "go away" and as you can see, YOU are not the boss of ME as I am back again.

I come and go here as I please, not as YOU please, RR.

You use some sort of reins to control your wife; you have no reins of any kind with which to control me.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#608890 Mar 8, 2013
The Last True Liberal wrote:
I just wanted to shove this into the faces of all you gu-hating idiots. And this is from the parent network of your favorite propagand outlet MSNBC:
http://www.ijreview.com/2013/01/30208-nbc-adm...
I don't hate gu and I don't hate gnus- never have and never will.

Also, MSNBC is not MY favorite news outlet- "propagand" or otherwise.

Are ALL gun nuts as inclined to froth at the mouth as you are?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#608891 Mar 8, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
Your last statement proves you are insane.
LOL.... you're just learning that now about redneck?
USG

Saint Louis, MO

#608893 Mar 8, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting post and I agree with much of what you say; however, I don't see how a living organism being created from dust supports evolution since the first living organism was surely not created from dust nor did modern man (and Adam IS portrayed in the bible as a 100% modern man and not as a Cro-Magnon or Neanderthal or any hominid which came before)come to be within the blink of an eye which is also pretty much how the bible portrays god creating the first man.
And yes, of course the bible leans toward a male superiority attitude- it was written by men who perceived women as lowly because everyone did at the time the bible was written.
I find the bible repulsive not only due to that, but also due to the incredible amount of blood, gore and violence to be found within the pages of the...ahem...."good" book.
But what I find most repulsive is how self-contradictory the god of the bible is along with being vengeful, vindictive, wrathful, petty, jealous, mean and spiteful.
Sorry, but imo, only a masochist could describe the god of the bible as "loving".
You say the first living organism was not created from dust, yet you would have to believe that life was birthed from this planet. Otherwise, the only other explanation would be that it was created from something else.

Location hidden

#608894 Mar 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You ain't gonna talk me out of anything, OCB. And you're not gonna change my mind on this.
So basically you're admitting that you're close-minded?

You didn't have to confirm it.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#608895 Mar 8, 2013
I just wanted to shove this into the faces of all you gu-hating idiots. And this is from the parent network of your favorite propagand outlet MSNBC:
So that it was "only" handguns makes it all okay?

"They say now that there were actually four handguns inside the school, not just two as we were initially told. Four handguns and apparently only handguns that were taken into the school."

There should be a BAN on HANDGUNS along with a BAN on ASSAULT RIFLES!

Peace through superior firepower- what a JOKE!!
USG

Saint Louis, MO

#608896 Mar 8, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting post and I agree with much of what you say; however, I don't see how a living organism being created from dust supports evolution since the first living organism was surely not created from dust nor did modern man (and Adam IS portrayed in the bible as a 100% modern man and not as a Cro-Magnon or Neanderthal or any hominid which came before)come to be within the blink of an eye which is also pretty much how the bible portrays god creating the first man.
While I don't believe in the Bible, I don't find that to be proof in itself that there isn't a higher power. I am actually a very spiritual person and have had experiences that would prove at least in my mind that there is something else out there.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#608897 Mar 8, 2013
USG wrote:
<quoted text>
You say the first living organism was not created from dust, yet you would have to believe that life was birthed from this planet. Otherwise, the only other explanation would be that it was created from something else.
Are the oceans not of this planet?
USG

Saint Louis, MO

#608898 Mar 8, 2013
OCB wrote:
The other thing that you elude to is that in the Bible Adam was formed instantaneously and that he was instantly the modern man. The bible also states that the world/universe was created in 7 days. Time as we know it (1 day) is based on the revolving of the earth. 1 day to us could be 1 hour on Jupiter (I'm not sure the exact number), but my point is 1 day in the Bible really could be a day in the universe and for all we know that could be 100 million years. I find this verse of the bible the most interesting and I definately look at it metaphorically since I believe that if life was formed, however micro the organism, it was formed in the universe not just Earth.

As long as a planet can support life, there will be life there and it will evolve over time.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#608899 Mar 8, 2013
USG wrote:
<quoted text>
While I don't believe in the Bible, I don't find that to be proof in itself that there isn't a higher power. I am actually a very spiritual person and have had experiences that would prove at least in my mind that there is something else out there.
I agree. I very strongly tend to think there is a higher power and I am also a very spiritual person.

But of course, being religious and being spiritual are two separate and distinct things.

Also, IF there is a god, it is not that god which created religion, but mankind as religion is an invention of mankind and not of any god which might exist.

Personally, my beliefs are closer and more aligned to Deism than any other religious belief and Deism really is much more of a spiritual belief than it is a religious belief.

Location hidden

#608900 Mar 8, 2013
And this is from the parent network of your favorite propagand outlet MSNBC:
So then wouldn't that make your link propaganda too?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Hook_Eleme...

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#608902 Mar 8, 2013

I think this guy sums it up perfectly.

Location hidden

#608903 Mar 8, 2013
OCB wrote:
Yes, but that would make too much sense.
endtime

AOL

#608904 Mar 8, 2013

COMING POPE ---#--- to Mediate MIDEAST PEACE

USG

Saint Louis, MO

#608905 Mar 8, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. I very strongly tend to think there is a higher power and I am also a very spiritual person.
But of course, being religious and being spiritual are two separate and distinct things.
Also, IF there is a god, it is not that god which created religion, but mankind as religion is an invention of mankind and not of any god which might exist.
Personally, my beliefs are closer and more aligned to Deism than any other religious belief and Deism really is much more of a spiritual belief than it is a religious belief.
Absolutely, just because you are spiritual it would not mean that you are religious.
There's good and bad with religion. I grew up with a Buddhist mother and a Catholic father. Neither one was really deep in their faith, it was just something they both grew up knowing. Not that Buddhism is a religion necessarily.
I just have too many questions that religions can't answer, but I do feel like science doesn't have all the answers either.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#608906 Mar 8, 2013
USG wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely, just because you are spiritual it would not mean that you are religious.
There's good and bad with religion. I grew up with a Buddhist mother and a Catholic father. Neither one was really deep in their faith, it was just something they both grew up knowing. Not that Buddhism is a religion necessarily.
I just have too many questions that religions can't answer, but I do feel like science doesn't have all the answers either.
Science does not have all the answers and doesn't claim to. Most religions- and Christianity in particular- seem to think they do have all the answers and also claim to have all the answers.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#608907 Mar 8, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>So that it was "only" handguns makes it all okay?
"They say now that there were actually four handguns inside the school, not just two as we were initially told. Four handguns and apparently only handguns that were taken into the school."
Peace through superior firepower- what a JOKE!!
Nothing makes killing children ok, OK?
But it does show somebody's lying, and could be about much more of the story.
As your personal objection to firearms is highly noted.
Now explain what part of "Shall not be infringed" do you not understand?

(((James Madison's Usage
The Second Amendment's "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" language is exactly what was proposed as the first clause of the amendment by James Madison on June 8, 1789. In addition to that "infringe" based language, Madison also included this freedom of religion related protection in his Bill of Rights proposals to Congress:“nor shall the full and equal rights of conscience be in any manner, or on any pretext, infringed.”[The Origin of the Second Amendment p.654]

Assuming that Madison's intention in preventing religious liberty from being “infringed” was to allow for considerable "reasonable" regulation by the federal government is illogical. In fact, it is clear that the intent of such language was to prevent any interference whatsoever by the government in such matters. The later change to “Congress shall make no laws” language buttresses this period understanding of "infringe" based protection.)))

http://onsecondopinion.blogspot.com/2009/02/m...

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#608908 Mar 8, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
Layman's terms.
Imagine the Universe as sand. Nothing but sand.
This sand can replace what it really is, unobservable energy. We can at least observe sand.
So now with this sand we can create forms. Heck, we can build sand castles. We can shape anything out of this sand. We can form anything, but it holds no substance and will collapse back into itself.
It is the menisfestation of the sand "energy" which creates the illusion of objects.
If the universe was sand, the Earth would be one single grain on the entire length of Hawaiian beach.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#608909 Mar 8, 2013
USG wrote:
<quoted text>
The other thing that you elude to is that in the Bible Adam was formed instantaneously and that he was instantly the modern man. The bible also states that the world/universe was created in 7 days. Time as we know it (1 day) is based on the revolving of the earth. 1 day to us could be 1 hour on Jupiter (I'm not sure the exact number), but my point is 1 day in the Bible really could be a day in the universe and for all we know that could be 100 million years. I find this verse of the bible the most interesting and I definately look at it metaphorically since I believe that if life was formed, however micro the organism, it was formed in the universe not just Earth.
As long as a planet can support life, there will be life there and it will evolve over time.
You still have the incorrect order of events, not only incorrect, but impossible. Not matter how much you apologize for the bible's inconsistencies, it's still wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 6 min Clear Dharma 56
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Regina 560,668
Any females want to text? 9 min Shaker357 1
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 13 min Shortcake 224
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 19 min Strength and Honor 175,790
cleaning black dollar \ cleaning black currency... (Sep '12) 24 min Zeitan Zurich 42
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 26 min Remnant of 144000 39,392
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 51 min Pegasus 265,580
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 59 min Innocent Holy dr ... 605,384
Moses never existed 1 hr KiMare 852
How do I ask my dad for sex? (Oct '13) 4 hr daveo69 72
More from around the web