Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#608291 Mar 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you are the one that needs to learn the difference. The law of gravity is part of the theory of gravity, and it's proven to be more of a suggestion than a law, in reality. That's because laws are formulated by the theories, they are mathematical representations of the theory or part of the theory that hold true ... most of the time. We actually do have several laws in the theory of evolution, several mathematical models that predict outcomes based on the theory which have been put to good use and provided excellent results, better results, in fact, than the law of gravity. Rather ironic, no? Much of our modern tech is actually the product of some of the laws of evolution, like the portable technology used for iPhones, one of the more prominent examples.
To put it simply, the LAW of gravity says that if you drop something, it falls. The THEORY of gravity askes the question 'why?', which science is either unable to figure or or unable to agree on, which is why it's still in theory.

Location hidden

#608292 Mar 6, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
They're all assumptions.
The point of the equation is to show that even if each assumption is exceedingly small, that due to the vast number of stars involved, the possibility/probability of other life is significant.
possibility/probability/assumt ability/whodunnit/guesses/theo ry.

Enjoy your "equation".

Location hidden

#608293 Mar 6, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
There you go then!!!
But when did scars prove reality? Scars prove scars,.
Eh? So scars prove scars but scars are not reality?

WTF?
Thanks for the lesson in American English just a few days too late. I suppose the type of woman you are used to then?
Nope, I've never been with a slut. Never have, never will.
Yes you, you spew hate and expect the response to be all goddy goody – get real…
What hate do I spew? Be specific.
What?
What?
Still hooked on crack and vodka then?
Nope. Never done crack, never even seen it. Vodka? Eh, once in a while, but I haven't had vodka in years.

Way to assume.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#608295 Mar 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but there is a Theory of Gravity and a Law of Gravity. There's no Law of Evolution.
You'd be wise to learn the difference.
prediction:interspecies transmutation observed darwin's great insight fully confirmed

“Darwin's Law of Evolution by Natural Selection (traditionally referred to as a "theory" to honour Darwin's original treatise, but now confirmed through observation and experiment)“
http://www.genuineideas.com/ArticlesIndex/Dar...

Why Isn't Evolution Considered a Law?

This is an issue which often confuses the general public, as the two words, theory and law, have very different common meanings. But in science, their meanings are very similar. A theory is an explanation which is backed by "a considerable body of evidence," while a law is a set of regularities expressed in a "mathematical statement." This is why Newton's Laws of Motion are referred to as laws and not theories. They are expressed with simple equations (like f = ma for his 2nd Law of Motion). Evolution, and most of Biology, cannot be expressed in a concise mathematical equation, so it is referred to as a theory. A scientific law is not "better" or "more accurate" than a scientific theory. A law explains what will happen under certain circumstances, while a theory explains how it happens.

http://www.evolutionfaq.com/faq/why-isnt-evol...

So yes there are laws of evolution, you’d be wise to leant that before shouting your mouth off on subjects you don’t understand

Just because you are a godbot does not mean your get to change the meaning of scientific terminology

#608296 Mar 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh? So scars prove scars but scars are not reality?
WTF?
<quoted text>
Nope, I've never been with a slut. Never have, never will.
<quoted text>
What hate do I spew? Be specific.
<quoted text>
What?
<quoted text>
Nope. Never done crack, never even seen it. Vodka? Eh, once in a while, but I haven't had vodka in years.
Way to assume.
I will say again for the hard of understanding - But when did scars prove reality? You seem unable to provide a coherent answer so instead opt for the incredulity card, how very christian of you.

Funny that and neither have I nor am I one but your foul christian mouth suggested so – you sick christian hate merchant.

Just look back at you posts,“tramp” come to mind?

What what?

We have your word for that? So you are back on the meths from the bron paper bag then?

Oh sorry I assumed you assumed I was a tramp?

Location hidden

#608297 Mar 6, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
So yes there are laws of evolution, you’d be wise to leant that before shouting your mouth off on subjects you don’t understand
Just because you are a godbot does not mean your get to change the meaning of scientific terminology
I never said there weren't laws of evolution, did I? I said there's no Law of Evolution. Because there isn't.

There's laws to dating, but there's no Law of Dating......

Location hidden

#608298 Mar 6, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I will say again for the hard of understanding - But when did scars prove reality? You seem unable to provide a coherent answer so instead opt for the incredulity card, how very christian of you.
Funny that and neither have I nor am I one but your foul christian mouth suggested so – you sick christian hate merchant.
Just look back at you posts,“tramp” come to mind?
What what?
We have your word for that? So you are back on the meths from the bron paper bag then?
Oh sorry I assumed you assumed I was a tramp?
Calling a tramp a tramp isn't hate speech, no more than calling a good wife a good wife is peace speech. It's an acknowledgement of the truth, nothing more.

How did my "foul Christian mouth" suggest anything? Will you relax already? A tramp stamp is called a tramp stamp for a reason, tramps have them. I didn't coin the phrase, but I do use it.

Scars prove the reality of scars. Is that so hard for you?

Do you REALLY want me to prove to you that I have a skull?!?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#608299 Mar 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
To put it simply, the LAW of gravity says that if you drop something, it falls. The THEORY of gravity askes the question 'why?', which science is either unable to figure or or unable to agree on, which is why it's still in theory.
No, that's actually evidence of gravity, not the law, and certainly not even an absolute. It was the evidence that was used to formulate the theory of gravity, and why Newtonian gravity is also highly inaccurate and only functions within the effects of Earth's gravitational field, and only there. You need to catch up, Newtonian physics is now a novelty more than anything, used as a precursor for learning real physics.

A scientific theory is the explanation of how the facts fit together, just like a broken glass the theory is the glue that holds the pieces back in place. It begins with the observation, which is often evidence as well after the theory is fully matured. Each fact that is considered linked is analyzed, discarded if the fact proves unconnected to the hypothesis. Eventually the hypothesis is either discarded or becomes a theory ... or sometimes becomes part of a theory. The theory is not dependent on the parts of it, because the theory is not the assertion.

#608300 Mar 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said there weren't laws of evolution, did I? I said there's no Law of Evolution. Because there isn't.
What???

There are laws of evolution yet there is no law of evolution?

“Darwin's Law of Evolution by Natural Selection (traditionally referred to as a "theory" to honour Darwin's original treatise, but now confirmed through observation and experiment)“

Yet Darwin's Law of Evolution by Natural Selection is freely available for anyone to read…

You have been taking too much god tonic

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#608301 Mar 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go with the "capitalizing it makes it mean something completely different" nonsense. If you are saying that "Law" is different than "law" then there is no "Law" of gravity either.

#608302 Mar 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Calling a tramp a tramp isn't hate speech, no more than calling a good wife a good wife is peace speech. It's an acknowledgement of the truth, nothing more.
How did my "foul Christian mouth" suggest anything? Will you relax already? A tramp stamp is called a tramp stamp for a reason, tramps have them. I didn't coin the phrase, but I do use it.
Scars prove the reality of scars. Is that so hard for you?
Do you REALLY want me to prove to you that I have a skull?!?
Yes it is hate speech, particularly if you meant the calling to offend and YOU DID mean it to offend. When you are intelligent enough to consider the ramifications then you will be more intelligent than you are now. Note that I won’t be holding my breath.

You accused me of being a tramp with no more knowledge of my life than your christian guess and inbred hatred of anything not riversideshithead, you did it for no other reason than to offend. That my dear little buttbrain shows nothing but hatred, the fact that you hide behind christianity to offend just shows how much you respect your faith.

Yes you use it, you use it to spew hatred, live with that fact that you are a hate merchant and you have effectively admitted to being a hate merchant

Honey, I am a digital artist, scars prove nothing, If I was feeling so inclined I could put a convincing scar across your BLT avatar in about 2 minutes flat.

Yes why not and while you are at it try proving that the one in my avatar is not real, as you claimed (or lied)

If you don’t like the consequences of you foul lying posts then I suggest you stop posting until that god given hatred subsides a little.

#608303 Mar 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's actually evidence of gravity, not the law, and certainly not even an absolute. It was the evidence that was used to formulate the theory of gravity, and why Newtonian gravity is also highly inaccurate and only functions within the effects of Earth's gravitational field, and only there. You need to catch up, Newtonian physics is now a novelty more than anything, used as a precursor for learning real physics.
A scientific theory is the explanation of how the facts fit together, just like a broken glass the theory is the glue that holds the pieces back in place. It begins with the observation, which is often evidence as well after the theory is fully matured. Each fact that is considered linked is analyzed, discarded if the fact proves unconnected to the hypothesis. Eventually the hypothesis is either discarded or becomes a theory ... or sometimes becomes part of a theory. The theory is not dependent on the parts of it, because the theory is not the assertion.
It seems he does not quite understand what the law of gravity actually is

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#608304 Mar 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Guns in themselves are not a problem, but poverty is
I disagree, but regardless, whatever the "problem" is gun nuts never want to resolve it, they just sit on their perch all cocky and loud mouthed and that just makes matters worst. Things can't go one like they have been. Sandy Hook was the straw that broke the camels back and I know know long time NRA members who have stopped their NRA registration over this. There are a "few" good gun owners with a conscience and hopefully they will help to find a reasonable solution.

Location hidden

#608305 Mar 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I understand. It isn't an absolute, which is why it's still a theory and not a law.

I think we're saying the same thing, just in different ways.

Since: May 11

UK

#608306 Mar 6, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems he does not quite understand what the law of gravity actually is
Gravity is just a theory, the schools should be teaching the alternative of `Intelligent Falling`.

Kids should be able to make their minds up regarding which facts..they believe in.

Location hidden

#608307 Mar 6, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What???
There are laws of evolution yet there is no law of evolution?
Yet Darwin's Law of Evolution by Natural Selection is freely available for anyone to read…
You have been taking too much god tonic
I think that's incorrect. Darwin's theory has never been proven - but it has also never been disproven.

Location hidden

#608308 Mar 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
these problems are far removed from where I am. In fact there is no problem around here, not one school shooting , no mass killing of any kind.
That's what they said in Sandy Hook before last December. Anywhere there are guns there is the possibility for these problems. If you can't at least recognize that much truth, then you'll have to wait until it happens there, just a matter of time, and hopefully then your bubble of delusion will pop so you can start to be part of the solution, instead of just a mouth piece for the NRA.

Location hidden

#608309 Mar 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go with the "capitalizing it makes it mean something completely different" nonsense. If you are saying that "Law" is different than "law" then there is no "Law" of gravity either.
"Newton's law of universal gravitation states that every point mass in the universe attracts every other point mass with a force that is directly proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them."

THAT is the Law of Gravity.

It is an indisputable fact.

Location hidden

#608310 Mar 6, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
it's unlikely to happen in the very near future anyway.
Actually I heard that it was overdue by around 50 years. All I'm saying is when it happens, and it's just a matter of time, it will be very sad to see all of the damage that happens.

Location hidden

#608311 Mar 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
She let me watch TV and stuff.
3 stooges rule!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min WasteWater 259,794
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min June VanDerMark 543,340
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 min WildWeirdWillie 173,922
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 7 min WasteWater 4,510
anyone up for a bbm swap of pics ;) (May '12) 9 min Bruce awsom 302
Last Word + 2 23 min Mike Allen 767
Is the price is right fixed for blacks? (Jun '12) 33 min superwilly 52
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 55 min trifecta1 601,213
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr ChristineM 228,040

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••