Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#608228 Mar 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
The idea they can outlaw murder and crime, and that it will work.
Yeah, what works in other countries won't work in America huh? Talk about holding onto a delusion. LOL....

Location hidden

#608229 Mar 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Yellowstone has the potential of being a mass extinction on a global scale.
Global? Where did you hear that?

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#608230 Mar 5, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible describes a God who created the universe for one specific species of mammal in our particular planet. Further, the Bible says this one species of mammal was created in the image of this deity, which is very exclusive of any other life form. Galileo made the church unhappy by proving there were other planets, which was a big blow to what the Bible says (that the sky is a fixed dome). Then of course Darwin came along and proved that species evolve from earlier forms, which shot another hole through it. If alien life, especially sentient life, were discovered elsewhere, it would be yet another nail in the coffin I'm afraid. Then again, as far as I see it, the fact that there are other sentient species besides us on this planet is problematic for the Bible, which says animals have no souls, and were put here for our entertainment, enslavement, and to consume.
wilderide said-
The Bible describes a God who created the universe for one specific species of mammal in our particular planet.

Genesis 1:1 ESV
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.......

Then God said: Let the earth bring forth every kind of living creature: tame animals, crawling things, and every kind of wild animal. And so it happened:
God made every kind of wild animal, every kind of tame animal, and every kind of thing that crawls on the ground. God saw that it was good.
Then God said: Let us make* human beings in our image, after our likeness. Let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the tame animals, all the wild animals, and all the creatures that crawl on the earth.

Was it really a specific type of mammal?
Or every kind of animal?
Did it say that the universe was created for us or did the Bible say "The Earth"

Btw, where does the Bible say that animals have no souls?

Genesis 1:30 ESV
And to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the BREATH OF LIFE I have given every green plant for food. And it was so.

Ecclesiastes 12:7 ESV
And the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

Revelation 16:3
And the second poured out his bowl on the sea; and it became blood, as of a dead man; and every living soul died in the sea.

Animals don't have souls???

#608231 Mar 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Wild meat is free from human induced hormones and chemicals.
But I don't get enough of it for it to matter. There is nothing worse than the torture of animals in processing plants. At least in the wild they had a while to run free, and possibly never fell as game.
I don't eat natural food.
Have you thought about it? Most people die of natural causes......

Sounds like there's a correlation going on there......
chris

Lafayette, LA

#608232 Mar 5, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>wilderide said-
The Bible describes a God who created the universe for one specific species of mammal in our particular planet.
Genesis 1:1 ESV
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.......
Then God said: Let the earth bring forth every kind of living creature: tame animals, crawling things, and every kind of wild animal. And so it happened:
God made every kind of wild animal, every kind of tame animal, and every kind of thing that crawls on the ground. God saw that it was good.
Then God said: Let us make* human beings in our image, after our likeness. Let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the tame animals, all the wild animals, and all the creatures that crawl on the earth.
Was it really a specific type of mammal?
Or every kind of animal?
Did it say that the universe was created for us or did the Bible say "The Earth"
Btw, where does the Bible say that animals have no souls?
Genesis 1:30 ESV
And to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the BREATH OF LIFE I have given every green plant for food. And it was so.
Ecclesiastes 12:7 ESV
And the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.
Revelation 16:3
And the second poured out his bowl on the sea; and it became blood, as of a dead man; and every living soul died in the sea.
Animals don't have souls???
your bible quote is correct today as when it was written, you just lack understanding. the dome of the universe is steadfast, the moon and planets are still in their orbits as they were 10,000 years ago, evolution is not science, is not proved nor provable, you are just uninformed and or confused

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#608233 Mar 5, 2013
chris wrote:
<quoted text>
your bible quote is correct today as when it was written, you just lack understanding. the dome of the universe is steadfast, the moon and planets are still in their orbits as they were 10,000 years ago, evolution is not science, is not proved nor provable, you are just uninformed and or confused
"Evolution is not science" ???......

How do you figure this one? Are you just using poor word choice to say you think it is not correct?

Argument from ignorance?

#608234 Mar 5, 2013
chris wrote:
<quoted text>
Please... Go into more detail Chris. Enlighten me.
What am I confused about?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#608235 Mar 5, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, what works in other countries won't work in America huh? Talk about holding onto a delusion. LOL....

It doesn't work in other countries either.

Location hidden

#608236 Mar 5, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Dieing of natural causes is a wide spectrum, mostly means nobody stabbed you in the eye with a icepick or something.

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#608237 Mar 5, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Eating wild game is not a good idea.

http://www.organicconsumers.org/madcow/deadly...

And sometimes food is falsely labeled "organic", like when a health food store labels kelp organic. Think about it; how can anything growing in our polluted oceans honestly be labeled organic? Consumers can be such naive suckers.

Location hidden

#608238 Mar 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
It doesn't work in other countries either.
The United States has the highest rate of gun ownership in the world. And it has the highest rate of homicides among advanced countries. Imagine that. Japan has an average of 2, yes only 2 gun deaths per year. Seems to work pretty good over there. America has more than that many every DAY. Your delusion probably hates that fact huh? That's rhetorical.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#608239 Mar 5, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Eating wild game is not a good idea.
What about wild feline?

Location hidden

#608240 Mar 5, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>The United States has the highest rate of gun ownership in the world. And it has the highest rate of homicides among advanced countries. Imagine that. Japan has an average of 2, yes only 2 gun deaths per year. Seems to work pretty good over there. America has more than that many every DAY. Your delusion probably hates that fact huh? That's rhetorical.
Japan has a different kind of people, so does England.
The truth is ...

But while Japan may be a gun-banner's dream, it's a civil libertarian's nightmare. Japan's low crime rate has almost nothing to do with gun control, and everything to do with people control. Americans, used to their own traditions of freedom, would not accept Japan's system of people controls and gun controls.

http://www.davekopel.com/2A/Foreign/Japan-Gun...

The solution is simple, get your ass on the boat to Japan.
Don't come back either.

Location hidden

#608241 Mar 5, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Eating wild game is not a good idea.
http://www.organicconsumers.org/madcow/deadly...
And sometimes food is falsely labeled "organic", like when a health food store labels kelp organic. Think about it; how can anything growing in our polluted oceans honestly be labeled organic? Consumers can be such naive suckers.
According to your article, people in Great Britain were infected en-mass with the disease one hunter "may" have gotten from game. But there is no conclusion he did get it from game. So you are less safe buying grocery store meat because the contaminated meat is distributed far and wide.

All in all wild game is healthier than processed stuff , its free from hormones and has less than 10% the fat content of grocery store meats. And farm raised fish are yuck , but those white bass are yummy, and catfish nuggets when prepared right doesn't even taste like fish. No fishy taste at all. Wild pig is excellent and the turkeys like no store bought crap. Wild game is the best food you can eat. Deer sausage is the best sausage in the world.
Nope you'll have a hard sell to convince people otherwise too.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#608242 Mar 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is ...
But while Japan may be a gun-banner's dream, it's a civil libertarian's nightmare. Japan's low crime rate has almost nothing to do with gun control, and everything to do with people control. Americans, used to their own traditions of freedom, would not accept Japan's system of people controls and gun controls.
http://www.davekopel.com/2A/Foreign/Japan-Gun...
Don't come back either.
Aura, I understand and respect your point of view.

But you'll have to admit, the last part of your post is pretty harsh.

:)

Location hidden

#608243 Mar 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Different kind of people huh? You mean they have common sense, or do they have two heads and breath fire? LOL...
But while Japan may be a gun-banner's dream, it's a civil libertarian's nightmare.
So you're claiming that it's not a democracy? Ever been there? Ever know anyone directly who lived there? Ever live in England? Suppose that's not a democracy either huh? So your "solution" is to "justify" your delusion right? Instead of trying to use a link to a BIASED right wind NRA member like dave kopel maybe try researching it in a unbiased way. Aww... wait, that would make too much sense huh? Thought so.
Typical SELFISH gun nut response. All you losers care about is what YOU want and forget what the rest of the country wants huh? LOL...

Location hidden

#608244 Mar 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Aura, I understand and respect your point of view.
But you'll have to admit, the last part of your post is pretty harsh.
:)
Yes it is , but if he likes it there ......
What is he waiting for?

#608245 Mar 5, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>The United States has the highest rate of gun ownership in the world. And it has the highest rate of homicides among advanced countries. Imagine that. Japan has an average of 2, yes only 2 gun deaths per year. Seems to work pretty good over there. America has more than that many every DAY. Your delusion probably hates that fact huh? That's rhetorical.
Yup, but they have a higher death rate in Japan due to knives and swords than we do here. I guess it just depends in the weapon of choice.

Location hidden

#608246 Mar 5, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
Different kind of people huh? You mean they have common sense, or do they have two heads and breath fire? LOL...
<quoted text>
So you're claiming that it's not a democracy? Ever been there? Ever know anyone directly who lived there? Ever live in England? Suppose that's not a democracy either huh? So your "solution" is to "justify" your delusion right? Instead of trying to use a link to a BIASED right wind NRA member like dave kopel maybe try researching it in a unbiased way. Aww... wait, that would make too much sense huh? Thought so.
<quoted text>Typical SELFISH gun nut response. All you losers care about is what YOU want and forget what the rest of the country wants huh? LOL...
For 300 years we have been a gun culture in America, we are also the worlds largest manufacturer of them. As the article said , guns were our first major export. My family and everyone's family I know has owned them forever. Guns in themselves are not a problem, but poverty is , and sometimes that can cause people to become outlaws with guns.

In the last 20 years , society has created disturbed youth who are brain dead to violence. This needs to be addressed and dealt with. But you can't change our culture and expect to reap a good result.
In truth I know hundreds of people who own guns and none of them has committed murder. The most of all gun crimes are in the mega metropolis areas where poverty is high, cure the poverty and cure half the crime.

No I'm not a gun nut Mylan , but like I said these problems are far removed from where I am. In fact there is no problem around here, not one school shooting , no mass killing of any kind.
Yes there are a few murders , but nothing like the bad stuff you see in the news in California and other places. Maybe whats wrong is the way you people raise your children, because as far as I'm concerned there isn't a problem. So why would we need to conform to
rules that don't even apply to us?

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#608247 Mar 5, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Really? How many of those happen every year? Let's compare numbers.
We should ban doctors.
12,000 deaths per year due to unnecessary surgery

7000 deaths per year due to medication errors in hospitals

20,000 deaths per year due to other errors in hospitals

80,000 deaths per year due to infections in hospitals

106,000 deaths per year due to negative effects of drugs

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min New Age Spiritual... 607,186
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Gods r Delusions ... 567,998
masterbation 6 min sexualguy18 1
Scientific proof for God's existence 6 min HipGnosis 550
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 7 min AN NFL FAN 120,698
Who's your favorite NBA player of ALL-TIME??? 10 min Kid_Tomorrow 4
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min Heisenberg 267,407
More from around the web