“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#608162 Mar 5, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Odds are that there is other life within the universe. How can there not be? But to calculate it or try to even get close with the Drake equation is just a guess. There's too many unknowns. Too many variables. But even if extraterrestrial life can be proven, why would that have any effect on the Bible? How would that be relevant? After all doesn't the Bible speak of ALL creation? Did God just make the Earth and stop?
Just like Drake's equations, there's far too many unknowns to figure out God's plan for the rest of the universe as we "intelligent" folk sit here on Topix not even being able to come to any agreement as to what happened here on this ball of dirt.

If there is a god , there is multiple abundant life of that I have no doubt.

My calculation does not assume there is any help.

So Al if life does have help.
It should be vast and abundant.

And if it is not, god is a poor thinker.

After all if life was created , the god is a farmer.
endtime

AOL

#608163 Mar 5, 2013

----#---- NEXT POPE is ANTICHRIST

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#608164 Mar 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Man can survive global warming
Latest reports say that mankind is not correcting itself fast enough to undo the damage created, and about to be created. We're like a snowball going down a hill. We may not see all of it's terrible effects in our lifetime, but our children most certainly will.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/late-stop-gl...

Location hidden

#608165 Mar 5, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Latest reports say that mankind is not correcting itself fast enough to undo the damage created, and about to be created. We're like a snowball going down a hill. We may not see all of it's terrible effects in our lifetime, but our children most certainly will.
Look not to mass media for wisdom, but rather the history of known factors. But we also have the one advantage no other ever possessed before us. We know it.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#608166 Mar 5, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
But even if extraterrestrial life can be proven, why would that have any effect on the Bible? How would that be relevant? After all doesn't the Bible speak of ALL creation? Did God just make the Earth and stop?
The Bible describes a God who created the universe for one specific species of mammal in our particular planet. Further, the Bible says this one species of mammal was created in the image of this deity, which is very exclusive of any other life form. Galileo made the church unhappy by proving there were other planets, which was a big blow to what the Bible says (that the sky is a fixed dome). Then of course Darwin came along and proved that species evolve from earlier forms, which shot another hole through it. If alien life, especially sentient life, were discovered elsewhere, it would be yet another nail in the coffin I'm afraid. Then again, as far as I see it, the fact that there are other sentient species besides us on this planet is problematic for the Bible, which says animals have no souls, and were put here for our entertainment, enslavement, and to consume.

Location hidden

#608167 Mar 5, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible describes a God who created the universe for one specific species of mammal in our particular planet. Further, the Bible says this one species of mammal was created in the image of this deity, which is very exclusive of any other life form. Galileo made the church unhappy by proving there were other planets, which was a big blow to what the Bible says (that the sky is a fixed dome). Then of course Darwin came along and proved that species evolve from earlier forms, which shot another hole through it. If alien life, especially sentient life, were discovered elsewhere, it would be yet another nail in the coffin I'm afraid. Then again, as far as I see it, the fact that there are other sentient species besides us on this planet is problematic for the Bible, which says animals have no souls, and were put here for our entertainment, enslavement, and to consume.
Interpretation does not necessarily equate to truth.

Location hidden

#608168 Mar 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Look not to mass media for wisdom, but rather the history of known factors.
I don't. I look at everything, especially books. Anthony Leiserowitz wrote a really good book on the topic. You can see his interview here from PBS;

http://billmoyers.com/segment/anthony-leisero...

San Francisco

#608169 Mar 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Interpretation does not necessarily equate to truth.
You mean like the second amendment?

Sorry, could not resist. ;)

Location hidden

#608170 Mar 5, 2013
wilderide wrote:
Excellant point Wilderide! LOL... I'm sure myth will try to weasel out of what he said. That is so funny....

Location hidden

#608171 Mar 5, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, could not resist. ;)
You have the problem of interpretation there, that's understandable.
You are also are a vegetarian, meaning you do not prey on animals to survive. For those who's predation is limited to the supermarket produce section , I wouldn't expect you to understand or agree with my practice.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#608172 Mar 5, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Ooooooh!! I love playing fact games.....
FACT: men wrote the Bible
FACT: men chose what others are to believe
FACT: the Bible contains less than half of the teachings by Jesus
FACT: the Bible utilizes less than half of the original 13 Apostles
Your turn!!
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
God wrote the Bible. Jesus is still teaching.
Wrong. If you think this, then you surely have missed out on alot of Bible study, teachings by Jesus, and have read way to much into what you do read.

a. Men wrote the bible, as "God" only (supposedly) hand wrote teh "Ten Commandments". But since we don't have those, this is all speculation still.

b. Jesus supposedly died in the 1st C. Can you please direct me to where he is actively teaching?
- your analogy, in that Jesus is still teachign is false. Men teach other men about Jesus. And those men have even failed at doing that, as they have only taught a portion of what Jesus taught.

If you are so sure of these actions that you have claimed.....

a. citation that verifies any god wrote the Bible.
b. Show me where Jesus is teaching today.

Location hidden

#608173 Mar 5, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Excellant point Wilderide! LOL... I'm sure myth will try to weasel out of what he said. That is so funny....
The second amendment insures animals do not prey on me, regardless the sum of their legs.
Rush

Columbus, NE

#608174 Mar 5, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Well said. The really big question is why did life need to happen? What ever caused life, why did it need to create life, what was lacking?
<quoted text>If global warming does us as humans in then I agree, we'll probably never know. But if we can get past the global warming issue (which I doubt) then mankind will always be searching for answers to anything and everything that it does not yet know.
The earth will heal its self, and start over again like it has before. If we as humans are part of that, who knows, but in the 5 billion years that it has been here, we are just a moment in time.

Location hidden

#608175 Mar 5, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Men wrote the bible, as "God" only (supposedly) hand wrote teh "Ten Commandments".
...and they don't even know if 10 is the right number...

Location hidden

#608176 Mar 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
The second amendment insures animals do not prey on me
Why would Bambi want to prey on you? Other animals could be more successful...

San Francisco

#608177 Mar 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You have the problem of interpretation there, that's understandable.
I was just kiddin. But I don't see why *my* interpretation is the problematic one.
You are also are a vegetarian, meaning you do not prey on animals to survive. For those who's predation is limited to the supermarket produce section , I wouldn't expect you to understand or agree with my practice.
Practice of what? Owning guns, or are you referring to hunting specifically? I don't see the point of hunting, unless you just like torturing animals for fun. I mean, for the vast majority of people, if you insist on eating meat, there are plenty of markets and restaurants to accommodate that.
Rush

Columbus, NE

#608178 Mar 5, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Latest reports say that mankind is not correcting itself fast enough to undo the damage created, and about to be created. We're like a snowball going down a hill. We may not see all of it's terrible effects in our lifetime, but our children most certainly will.
Not to mention the large rocks that are out there that we dont even know about yet, like the one a few weeks ago. We are just along for the ride.

Location hidden

#608179 Mar 5, 2013
Rush wrote:
The earth will heal its self, and start over again like it has before.
Sure, once its source of injuries (mankind) are removed.

San Francisco

#608180 Mar 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> The second amendment insures animals do not prey on me, regardless the sum of their legs.
Is the potential for animals preying on your that great? Now I'm intrigued. Where do you live and what animals are you referring to?

“B. Hussein Obama---”

Since: Nov 09

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#608181 Mar 5, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for your uninformed biased opinion. Unfortunately it's working against you.
Your biased opinion is working against you. Your "assault" rifle ban doesn't stand a chance in your liberal-democrat controlled Senate. The previous ban did nothing to reduce crime, and neither will this one. Learn from history, idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Is The New World Order? 17 min Ebola Kills Everyone 6
NWO...New And Terrible Masters 25 min Marty Fong 9
Leviathan 666....Started On November 23, 2014 27 min Marty Fong 7
A Message To All Americans 28 min Marty Fong 6
President Obama Seals The Fate Of Americans 30 min Marty Fong 31
Letter Sent To NC Official From Chinaman 31 min Marty Fong 16
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr atemcowboy 555,081
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr arabian 5,444
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr AussieBobby 263,625
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Black Thunder 42 603,706
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 15 hr Ayyan 1,187

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE