Prove there's a god.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#608217 Mar 5, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
Cascades are due a biggish one, and Yellowstone is overdue a HUGE one.
Yeah the Yellowstone one has been overdue for many years now. It's going to wipe out a large amount of the country. Really sad. The one in Iceland is going to wipe out a lot of Europe. I don't even like to think about it.

“Proud Member”

Since: Dec 10

The Basket of Deplorables

#608218 Mar 5, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>It's more likely that a volcano will do us in. There's a couple of big ones due from iceland, and Myth was talking about others just as likely to do major damage. It's not a matter of if they do it, it's a matter of when, and most are overdue to erupt.
If you get tired of waiting let me know, I'll throw you in one and we can all be happy again :)

“Proud Member”

#608219 Mar 5, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
What am I buying now?
The idea they can outlaw murder and crime, and that it will work.

“Proud Member”

#608220 Mar 5, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>And yet, humanity is part of nature. Therefore...
Oh, and how exactly does a dog get rid of fleas? Only if I can teach them that trick, I'll make a fortune.
With a itchy scratchy sad look at you to go to the store and buy some flea shampoo and give them a bath look look?

“Proud Member”

#608221 Mar 5, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't preemptively controlling the population by birth control more efficient and humane?
What do you want to do...... pass out birth control pill to the white tails?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#608222 Mar 5, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>...and they don't even know if 10 is the right number...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =4TAtRCJIqnkXX
Correct. The Books of Moses contain many "laws" that many so-called "Christians" say are still the "truth", when in FACT, they are just ramblings of men - during that time - to control other men and their actions.

If one is to ponder upon it - only those who do not research these laws - one will never understand that they follow false dogma.

*shrugs*

As I like to post:
"For the with eyes, should see, and those with ears should hear."
- Jesus

But will those so-called "Christians" even follow what Jesus says?

Nope.

Cheers!

“Proud Member”

#608223 Mar 5, 2013
The Last True Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Do I? Looks quite the opposite to me. But then, you live in a delusional world of your own making.
I heard that one of your champions of gun control--Hugo Chavez--died today. I'll bet you believe America gave him his cancer, don't you? Did you weep your little eye out when you heard about it?
I don't believe in him but feel the need to say....Thank God!

“Proud Member”

#608224 Mar 5, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you an alien?
Its possible we all are really.

Location hidden

#608225 Mar 5, 2013
The Last True Liberal wrote:
you live in a delusional world of your own making.
I already know you do.
Did you weep your little eye out when you heard about it?
No, but I bet you got a woodie, loser. LOL...

“Proud Member”

#608226 Mar 5, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah the Yellowstone one has been overdue for many years now. It's going to wipe out a large amount of the country. Really sad. The one in Iceland is going to wipe out a lot of Europe. I don't even like to think about it.
Yellowstone has the potential of being a mass extinction on a global scale. The people close to it may be the lucky ones if it ever blows.

Location hidden

#608227 Mar 5, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
None of those factors have definitive values.
No sh_t sherlock. THAT'S why it's called a formula, DOH!!
Drake's equation has been debunked by people far smarter than you can ever hope to be.
Really?Let me guess, they're religious. LOL....

Location hidden

#608228 Mar 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
The idea they can outlaw murder and crime, and that it will work.
Yeah, what works in other countries won't work in America huh? Talk about holding onto a delusion. LOL....

Location hidden

#608229 Mar 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Yellowstone has the potential of being a mass extinction on a global scale.
Global? Where did you hear that?

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#608230 Mar 5, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible describes a God who created the universe for one specific species of mammal in our particular planet. Further, the Bible says this one species of mammal was created in the image of this deity, which is very exclusive of any other life form. Galileo made the church unhappy by proving there were other planets, which was a big blow to what the Bible says (that the sky is a fixed dome). Then of course Darwin came along and proved that species evolve from earlier forms, which shot another hole through it. If alien life, especially sentient life, were discovered elsewhere, it would be yet another nail in the coffin I'm afraid. Then again, as far as I see it, the fact that there are other sentient species besides us on this planet is problematic for the Bible, which says animals have no souls, and were put here for our entertainment, enslavement, and to consume.
wilderide said-
The Bible describes a God who created the universe for one specific species of mammal in our particular planet.

Genesis 1:1 ESV
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.......

Then God said: Let the earth bring forth every kind of living creature: tame animals, crawling things, and every kind of wild animal. And so it happened:
God made every kind of wild animal, every kind of tame animal, and every kind of thing that crawls on the ground. God saw that it was good.
Then God said: Let us make* human beings in our image, after our likeness. Let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the tame animals, all the wild animals, and all the creatures that crawl on the earth.

Was it really a specific type of mammal?
Or every kind of animal?
Did it say that the universe was created for us or did the Bible say "The Earth"

Btw, where does the Bible say that animals have no souls?

Genesis 1:30 ESV
And to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the BREATH OF LIFE I have given every green plant for food.” And it was so.

Ecclesiastes 12:7 ESV
And the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

Revelation 16:3
And the second poured out his bowl on the sea; and it became blood, as of a dead man; and every living soul died in the sea.

Animals don't have souls???

#608231 Mar 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Wild meat is free from human induced hormones and chemicals.
But I don't get enough of it for it to matter. There is nothing worse than the torture of animals in processing plants. At least in the wild they had a while to run free, and possibly never fell as game.
I don't eat natural food.
Have you thought about it? Most people die of natural causes......

Sounds like there's a correlation going on there......
chris

Lafayette, LA

#608232 Mar 5, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>wilderide said-
The Bible describes a God who created the universe for one specific species of mammal in our particular planet.
Genesis 1:1 ESV
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.......
Then God said: Let the earth bring forth every kind of living creature: tame animals, crawling things, and every kind of wild animal. And so it happened:
God made every kind of wild animal, every kind of tame animal, and every kind of thing that crawls on the ground. God saw that it was good.
Then God said: Let us make* human beings in our image, after our likeness. Let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the tame animals, all the wild animals, and all the creatures that crawl on the earth.
Was it really a specific type of mammal?
Or every kind of animal?
Did it say that the universe was created for us or did the Bible say "The Earth"
Btw, where does the Bible say that animals have no souls?
Genesis 1:30 ESV
And to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the BREATH OF LIFE I have given every green plant for food.” And it was so.
Ecclesiastes 12:7 ESV
And the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.
Revelation 16:3
And the second poured out his bowl on the sea; and it became blood, as of a dead man; and every living soul died in the sea.
Animals don't have souls???
your bible quote is correct today as when it was written, you just lack understanding. the dome of the universe is steadfast, the moon and planets are still in their orbits as they were 10,000 years ago, evolution is not science, is not proved nor provable, you are just uninformed and or confused

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#608233 Mar 5, 2013
chris wrote:
<quoted text>
your bible quote is correct today as when it was written, you just lack understanding. the dome of the universe is steadfast, the moon and planets are still in their orbits as they were 10,000 years ago, evolution is not science, is not proved nor provable, you are just uninformed and or confused
"Evolution is not science" ???......

How do you figure this one? Are you just using poor word choice to say you think it is not correct?

Argument from ignorance?

#608234 Mar 5, 2013
chris wrote:
<quoted text>
Please... Go into more detail Chris. Enlighten me.
What am I confused about?

“Proud Member”

#608235 Mar 5, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, what works in other countries won't work in America huh? Talk about holding onto a delusion. LOL....

It doesn't work in other countries either.

“Proud Member”

#608236 Mar 5, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't eat natural food.
Have you thought about it? Most people die of natural causes......
Sounds like there's a correlation going on there......
Dieing of natural causes is a wide spectrum, mostly means nobody stabbed you in the eye with a icepick or something.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Aerobatty 71,040
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 4 min ImFree2Choose 3,044
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 33 min Go Blue Forever 254
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 41 min Classic 3,858
weed Leicester (Jul '12) 48 min Hot Rod 7
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 1 hr Johnny 5,053
girls how many gangbangs have you had (Feb '15) 1 hr Keith 60
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Michael 658,873
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 283,003
More from around the web