Prove there's a god.

“design is God's trademark”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#608125 Mar 5, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>First of all, it is NOT just the generation of today and I provided you with quotes from Plato and Socrates which illustrated that.
Here they are again:
"The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority, they show disrespect to their elders.... They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and are tyrants over their teachers." -Socrates
"The young people of today think of nothing but themselves. They have no reverence for parents or old age. They are impatient of all restraint. They talk as if they alone knew everything and what passes for wisdom with us is foolishness with them. As for girls, they are forward, immodest and unwomanly in speech, behaviour and dress." -Plato
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Are_people_getting_...
Next- there are many ways to discipline and to teach children to respect authority without resorting to physical force or any kind of physical violence.
Spanking children teaches them to fear- it does NOT teach them to respect and there is a world of difference between the two.
I respect MANY people who have never laid a hand on me and never would but if they did, that respect would be gone in an instant.
And respect is EARNED and people can not be forced to respect anyone.
But they CAN be taught to FEAR someone- and all the more if the person being taught is a CHILD.
And sorry- but for way too many parents, it's easier and takes less time to HIT their kids than it does to actually TALK to their kids.
And even SCREAMING at kids is better than resorting to ANY type of physical force or violence.
And spanking is never done in anger or should NOT be done in anger? Wow. So the parent should just very calmly tell little Billy: I'm not angry with you, but I'm going to HIT you to at the very least cause you to feel humiliation.
I'm not going to explain to you why what you said/did was wrong- instead, I'm gonna HIT you and that'll be that....
Is THAT how it goes, Patty?
Well, there have also been many serial killers who didn't kill in anger either. Didn't make them any less deranged.
If anything, to spank a child when not angry with the child- that sounds very cold hearted and calculated, which also happens to be the MO of a great many serial killers.
well you are certainly entitled to your opinion.
but i disagree with you
and God disagrees with you.
anyone over 50 can ATTEST to the drastic changes in the generations OCB.
when i attended school in the 60s and 70s i assure you there was no such thing as school shootings.
UNheard of.
no lock downs, no metal detectors, no police patrol, no drug sniffing dogs in the halls.
drive bys were Rarely on the news.
i grew up in cincinnati, a large city.
and we could leave our cars unlocked back then.
NOT TODAY.
Crime has escalated over time.
this is a world wide issue
crime in the UK has risen like 44% over the last few years.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12564...
in the U.S
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,199096,00...
youth today walk around with their butt cracks showing
tatoos and piercing from head to toe
teen pregnancy is on the rise
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story...
young people in the age bracket today of 15 to 24 have FOUR TIMES higher rate of chlamydia and other STD'S than any other age group measured against the population
http://www.cdc.gov/std/health-disparities/age...
there are more kids living on the streets now than every before.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#608126 Mar 5, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I asked you to show mathematical proof of the probability of life existing anywhere else but here, wadsworth.
You still haven't given any, of your own or anyone elses.
FYI,(as if you even read THAT far in the wiki tome) the Drake Equation factors are all nothing more than weak speculation with no basis in anything factual.
http://www.technologyreview.com/view/424795/p...
Try again, wookie breath.
The odds that the milky way would produce life is 1 in 400,000,000 , at the very worst. If all galaxies have the same odds, then there should be life on at least 1 planet in each.
But if there is life in 1 planet in a million galaxies, there is still great odds there is life out there because.
There are hundreds of billions of galaxies in the universe.
So even a small chance of life , on a universal scale amounts to a large figure.

“design is God's trademark”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#608127 Mar 5, 2013
OCB

your post was so long i couldn't reply to it.
only allows so many letters on a post.

anyone over 50 yrs old KNOWS that the youth of today are not as they were 30 or 40 yrs ago.

I grew up in Cincinnati, a large city.
when i went to school in the 60s and 70s there were NO school shootings.
unheard of.
kids didn't come to school with guns
or make out hit lists.
there were no lock downs, metal detectors or police patrol in the schools.
Fact is today in the age bracket of kids ages 15 to 24 yrs old TODAY are FOUR TIMES HIGHER in the catagory of people with chlamydia and other STD'S.

Fact is,
Teen pregnancy is on the rise

Fact is,
crime is on the rise
http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regio...

Fact is,
the kids today suffer from more mental health issues than in the past....
http://depression.about.com/b/2010/01/11/yout...

Fact is,
kids today are lazier and we are facing a society of OBESITY in children today.
they don't play, exercise or do chores.
they fill their minds with violence on tv, play violent video games and listen to crazy music that have lyrics like,'I wanna slap you B'...
and filthy things like that.

they walk around with their butt cracks showing and their skin destroyed with tatoos and piercings.

they don't hold the door for anyone, or say thank you, or sir or mame'
they use the 'f' word in every breath, and disrespect their elders regularly.

THIS is a result of with holding spanking,
and not loving a child enough to warm their backside instead of worrying about hurting their feelings.

I have lived almost 59 yr's.
so i KNOW that the generations of today are worse than the generations of yesterday.

This is what your new age pop physocology produces.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#608128 Mar 5, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
You are a willful thought oppressor.
Prove it, and not just with your biased "opinion" but with fact. I'll wait.

Location hidden

#608129 Mar 5, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:

True, but not because they are lazy or don't do "chores' as you call it.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#608130 Mar 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The odds that the milky way would produce life is 1 in 400,000,000 , at the very worst. If all galaxies have the same odds, then there should be life on at least 1 planet in each.
But if there is life in 1 planet in a million galaxies, there is still great odds there is life out there because.
So even a small chance of life , on a universal scale amounts to a large figure.
You must have proof of abiogenesis events having already happened more than once to determine the odds of it happening again anywhere else. You cannot determine probability from a currently, singular event.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#608131 Mar 5, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Prove it, and not just with your biased "opinion" but with fact. I'll wait.
xD

Nearly all of your posts prove my point, you oppugnant POS.

Location hidden

#608132 Mar 5, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
I asked you to show mathematical proof of the probability of life existing anywhere else but here, wadsworth.
Oh you mean THIS mathematical proof, you close-minded loud mouth?

N = R*• fp • ne • fl • fi • fc • L

where:

N = the number of civilizations in our galaxy with which communication might be possible (i.e. which are on our current past light cone);
R*= the average rate of star formation per year in our galaxy
fp = the fraction of those stars that have planets
ne = the average number of planets that can potentially support life per star that has planets
f&#8467; = the fraction of the above that actually go on to develop life at some point
fi = the fraction of the above that actually go on to develop intelligent life
fc = the fraction of civilizations that develop a technology that releases detectable signs of their existence into space
L = the length of time for which such civilizations release detectable signals into space

Like I said, YOU'RE not going to be able to do ANYTHING with that formula, yet it is real. You just like being a close-minded loud mouth, but while you're flapping your lips you could have been educating yourself on the subject. Imagine that. This is where you say something really ignorant to exercise your loud mouth pronouncing some excuse as to why the formula couldn't work. LOL...

Location hidden

#608133 Mar 5, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
Nearly all of your posts prove my point, you oppugnant POS.
Comprehension skills lacking eh? I said and "not just with your biased "opinion" .... Whats wrong? Your prejudice blinding you? LOL....

Location hidden

#608134 Mar 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Exactly. PBS did a special on this and these are the factors that would matter to determine life elsewhere;

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/origins/drak-fla...

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#608135 Mar 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh come on Aura, if there were life on other planets then surely that important fact would be covered in the Bible. Since it's not mentioned, then there can't be any. BTW, I also don't believe in the existence of Australia.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#608136 Mar 5, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text> You must have proof of abiogenesis events having already happened more than once to determine the odds of it happening again anywhere else. You cannot determine probability from a currently, singular event.
Try again, wookie breath.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#608137 Mar 5, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>xD
This oughta be a hoot!
Ok, show me the math, Einstein.
The Drake equation states that:

where:
N = the number of civilizations in our galaxy with which communication might be possible (i.e. which are on our current past light cone);
and
ne = the average number of planets that can potentially support life per star that has planets
f&#8467; = the fraction of the above that actually go on to develop life at some point
fc = the fraction of civilizations that develop a technology that releases detectable signs of their existence into space
L = the length of time for which such civilizations release detectable signals into space[5]

Location hidden

#608138 Mar 5, 2013
wilderide wrote:
BTW, I also don't believe in the existence of Australia.
I have talked with some religious people who don't believe in atoms because they can't see them with their naked eye. Sad but true.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#608139 Mar 5, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
OCB
your post was so long i couldn't reply to it.
only allows so many letters on a post.
anyone over 50 yrs old KNOWS that the youth of today are not as they were 30 or 40 yrs ago.
I grew up in Cincinnati, a large city.
when i went to school in the 60s and 70s there were NO school shootings.
unheard of.
kids didn't come to school with guns
or make out hit lists.
there were no lock downs, metal detectors or police patrol in the schools.
Fact is today in the age bracket of kids ages 15 to 24 yrs old TODAY are FOUR TIMES HIGHER in the catagory of people with chlamydia and other STD'S.
Fact is,
Teen pregnancy is on the rise
Fact is,
crime is on the rise
http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regio...
Fact is,
http://depression.about.com/b/2010/01/11/yout...
Fact is,
they don't play, exercise or do chores.
they fill their minds with violence on tv, play violent video games and listen to crazy music that have lyrics like,'I wanna slap you B'...
and filthy things like that.
they walk around with their butt cracks showing and their skin destroyed with tatoos and piercings.
they don't hold the door for anyone, or say thank you, or sir or mame'
they use the 'f' word in every breath, and disrespect their elders regularly.
THIS is a result of with holding spanking,
and not loving a child enough to warm their backside instead of worrying about hurting their feelings.
so i KNOW that the generations of today are worse than the generations of yesterday.
This is what your new age pop physocology produces.
Ooooooh!! I love playing fact games.....

FACT: men wrote the Bible
FACT: men chose what others are to believe
FACT: the Bible contains less than half of the teachings by Jesus
FACT: the Bible utilizes less than half of the original 13 Apostles

Your turn!!

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#608140 Mar 5, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>That bitch never calls anybody else out for using googled images as their avatars. Go back to smoking your sausage you freaking hypocrite.
Is it that time of the month?

You seem even more bitter than usual, impossible as that sounds.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#608141 Mar 5, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
where:
and
L = the length of time for which such civilizations release detectable signals into space[5]
Oops.

Equation didn't copy.

N equals the product of all of those factors.

I know, prickles.

You don't like it.

Bummer.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#608142 Mar 5, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
I disagree.

You sure don't like to speak positively about yourself. Why? You are part of this generation.

In FACT: our generation - those who are alive on this planet, have seen many more things created by this generation, than any other generation that existed.

You shouldn't be so hard on us, but encourage us to do more.

BTW - no "God" was involved - but only men.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#608143 Mar 5, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
where:
and
Also, that's just for OUR galaxy.

Location hidden

#608144 Mar 5, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
Is it that time of the month?
You seem even more bitter than usual, impossible as that sounds.
You noticed that too eh? Maybe she needs to switch to decaf.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 4 min Classic 3,793
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Rosa_Winkel 63,407
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min Just Think 653,685
Just chatt 34 min brits are pants 15
You are of your father......THE DEVIL. 56 min Knock off purse s... 18
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr ImFree2Choose 2,567
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr LAWEST100 618,751
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Pegasus 281,841
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 hr DebraE 106,474
More from around the web