“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#607620 Mar 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Apparently" isn't good enough to be fact.
At least it's observable; nothing in the buybull is.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#607621 Mar 2, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I can't imagine that it would be fun to do something so crude to a friend or relative....or anyone, actually.

Yeah it would be much more fun to hit them with a water balloon outside when they're awake :P

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#607622 Mar 2, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
One observable fact, thanks to the Hubble Telescope, is that our universe is apparently expanding from a central point.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost forgot: It's a damn fine start.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#607623 Mar 2, 2013
Your denials change nothing.
I couldn't care less what you think, loser.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#607624 Mar 2, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>I couldn't care less what you think, loser.
Your concession has been noted. You may now return to licking Obama's semen from his bathroom floor. Don't forget to get around the base of the toilet.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#607625 Mar 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
All those planets, stars and galaxies certainly don't seem to be shootin' off in all directions; they appear to be moving outward from one central point.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#607626 Mar 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's absolutely unreasonable to discount God as our creator unless evidence is presented to discount Him.
Unless that happens, it's just an atheist belief.
I feel like you have become more unreasonable since I stopped posting here regularly. A few months ago, I never would have thought you would endorse such an outrageous position.

I don't think you will find many atheists who completely rule out a creator god. However, all you're doing is reiterating the same old, worn out argument from ignorance that I just classified as laughable. Something is not true just because we can't totally rule it out.

And I think I might start keeping a running tally of how many times you claim that atheism is a belief only to have someone explain to you why this is incorrect, only to reiterate the same asinine assertion days, or even hours, later.

Location hidden

#607627 Mar 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I hadn't seen Tim for a long while.
But I had faith he would return.
Does that make me religious?
Does it make me a deity?

Location hidden

#607628 Mar 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Trust or confidence in something is just another way of saying faith in something.
Evolutionists certainly employ a lot of (or a leap of) faith to reach their "findings".
Humans have an innate curiosity & need for answers. People like atheists love to hear that there's "proof" of non-creation when in fact there is none.
Take abiogenesis for example; if humans succeed in creating a life from non-life, you lose.
If humans show that nature can create life from non-life, I lose.
You have faith in the former, I have faith in the latter.
What? You're playing a semantics game here with the faith/trust/confidence thing. "Faith," as you just defined it via jesus, is not synonymous with trust or confidence. Faith is belief in the absence of evidence. Trust is evidence based for most people, and for those who give trust freely, it is hopefully at least amendable. For example, if someone trusts their spouse to remain faithful, this sentiment would most likely be based on a history of non-cheating, current behavior, etc. If someone was to automatically trust a new significant other in their life to remain faithful, this trust would likely be subject to change - and "change" is not a feature of faith. "Faith" is a rigid, narrow belief in something in the absence of, and sometimes even in spite of, the evidence.

I would appreciate some proof that the TOE is based on faith. I don't think you will be able to adequately support this assertion.

I don't think that atheists delight in "proof of non creation," at least I don't. I simply don't think that there is any compelling proof for creation, and until such proof is forthcoming, I will stick to the most rational position available - that is, atheism that is open to change based on evidence.

Your abiogenisis example is wrong. If humans succeed in creating life from non life, assuming no magic is used, that would support my position. You are ignoring the fact that if indeed we do create life from non life that it would be accomplished by totally natural means - which is not how your god supposedly created life.

Location hidden

#607629 Mar 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, I used to be a skeptic. I understand that point-of-view.
God can & will supply the evidence you need, but you must have faith in Him first.
That's backwards. You're saying "god will show you he's real, but first you must insulate your mind from outside influences and prime it to accept mundane psychological phenomena as divinely inspired majesty. You can believe, but first you must believe."

Absurd.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#607630 Mar 2, 2013
You may now return to licking Obama's semen from his bathroom floor. Don't forget to get around the base of the toilet.
Your lack of comprehension has been noted. You may now return to licking LaPierre's semen from his bathroom floor. Don't forget to get around the base of the toilet.

Location hidden

#607631 Mar 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are moving the goal posts.
How? I said that faith is a harmful, or at least non-beneficial meme, and that education was a beneficial one. You made the claim that neither was inherently good or bad. I disagreed, and explained why. How did I move the goal posts?

Location hidden

#607632 Mar 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong, dude. A skeptic is a person that doubts, not knows.
Doubts can be reversed.
I'm skeptical that OCB will be kind today.
I don't think you know what a skeptic is.

Location hidden

#607633 Mar 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Allow me to correct you:
"There is abundant assumptions to discount the god described in the bible."
I don't think you know what an assumption is.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#607634 Mar 2, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your lack of comprehension has been noted. You may now return to licking LaPierre's semen from his bathroom floor. Don't forget to get around the base of the toilet.
Do try to come up with an original insult, rather than flattering me by imitating me.

Fail.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#607635 Mar 2, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>How? I said that faith is a harmful, or at least non-beneficial meme, and that education was a beneficial one. You made the claim that neither was inherently good or bad. I disagreed, and explained why. How did I move the goal posts?
I don't remember the full conversation, and not going to dig it up but...

This "faith is a harmful, or at least non-beneficial meme" is not a provable or even a viable assertion.
You would have to be alot more specific. Ergo...
I have faith I will succeed at the task in front of me.
Faith is beneficial to many, even in false beliefs.
Many need this to drive them, but some of us are past this.
Example..

Children have faith in Santa and try to be good, so he will come to their house and leave their wishes. This is a false doctrine, but a healthy one that is a part of growing up. This is not harmful and is beneficial. We outgrow this faith in Santa , but realize the lesson and learn as it helps us become the "Santa" later in life.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#607636 Mar 2, 2013
Poor little Myron. With my superior intellect, I've reduced her to a simpering and quivering pile of penguin shit, incapable of original thought. She now is forced to imitate me in a lame-ass and failed attempt at revenge.

Another chew toy has bitten the dust. I guess I'll have to find another.

Hey, RR? If you can find the goodness in your heart, maybe you can sew her little button eyes back on?

Mylan. Penquin shit. Sometimes I just crack myself up.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#607637 Mar 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't remember the full conversation, and not going to dig it up but...
This "faith is a harmful, or at least non-beneficial meme" is not a provable or even a viable assertion.
You would have to be alot more specific. Ergo...
I have faith I will succeed at the task in front of me.
Faith is beneficial to many, even in false beliefs.
Many need this to drive them, but some of us are past this.
Example..
Children have faith in Santa and try to be good, so he will come to their house and leave their wishes. This is a false doctrine, but a healthy one that is a part of growing up. This is not harmful and is beneficial. We outgrow this faith in Santa , but realize the lesson and learn as it helps us become the "Santa" later in life.
There's faith, and there's faith. Reasonable, and unreasonable. I have faith that my Cherokee will start when I'm at Costco in the rain, for example. Do I have faith that a god of *any* kind is going to fix all of our problems? Nnnnnope.

I also have faith that Myron will come back at me with another lame attempt at insulting me, but who really cares what that pile of penguin shit believes?
Jackson

Jarrow, UK

#607638 Mar 3, 2013
All religion has done is start wars and problems
Jackson

Jarrow, UK

#607639 Mar 3, 2013
<quoted text>
God will decide what he or She wants on her own.
As for me, I happen to believe in self-defense. I am very pro-choice, and people have a right to choose for themselves whether or not to own a firearm and I don't believe the government has a right to take away that choice. Especially if it's Constitutionally guaranteed.
so you don't care what god thinks and you call scaring people with guns "self defence"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 min RiccardoFire 96,165
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min New Age Spiritual... 549,028
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 10 min Rick Moss 37,282
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 15 min Innocent Holy dr ... 602,325
How to tell when a Topix poster doesn't have a ... 21 min Rosa_Winkel 57
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 22 min andet1987 4,795
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 23 min Dave Nelson 230,159
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 48 min Dr_Zorderz 261,737
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr Isb 1,077

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE