“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#607635 Mar 2, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>How? I said that faith is a harmful, or at least non-beneficial meme, and that education was a beneficial one. You made the claim that neither was inherently good or bad. I disagreed, and explained why. How did I move the goal posts?
I don't remember the full conversation, and not going to dig it up but...

This "faith is a harmful, or at least non-beneficial meme" is not a provable or even a viable assertion.
You would have to be alot more specific. Ergo...
I have faith I will succeed at the task in front of me.
Faith is beneficial to many, even in false beliefs.
Many need this to drive them, but some of us are past this.
Example..

Children have faith in Santa and try to be good, so he will come to their house and leave their wishes. This is a false doctrine, but a healthy one that is a part of growing up. This is not harmful and is beneficial. We outgrow this faith in Santa , but realize the lesson and learn as it helps us become the "Santa" later in life.

“Yes, I'm A Witch; Deal With It”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#607636 Mar 2, 2013
Poor little Myron. With my superior intellect, I've reduced her to a simpering and quivering pile of penguin shit, incapable of original thought. She now is forced to imitate me in a lame-ass and failed attempt at revenge.

Another chew toy has bitten the dust. I guess I'll have to find another.

Hey, RR? If you can find the goodness in your heart, maybe you can sew her little button eyes back on?

Mylan. Penquin shit. Sometimes I just crack myself up.

“Yes, I'm A Witch; Deal With It”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#607637 Mar 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't remember the full conversation, and not going to dig it up but...
This "faith is a harmful, or at least non-beneficial meme" is not a provable or even a viable assertion.
You would have to be alot more specific. Ergo...
I have faith I will succeed at the task in front of me.
Faith is beneficial to many, even in false beliefs.
Many need this to drive them, but some of us are past this.
Example..
Children have faith in Santa and try to be good, so he will come to their house and leave their wishes. This is a false doctrine, but a healthy one that is a part of growing up. This is not harmful and is beneficial. We outgrow this faith in Santa , but realize the lesson and learn as it helps us become the "Santa" later in life.
There's faith, and there's faith. Reasonable, and unreasonable. I have faith that my Cherokee will start when I'm at Costco in the rain, for example. Do I have faith that a god of *any* kind is going to fix all of our problems? Nnnnnope.

I also have faith that Myron will come back at me with another lame attempt at insulting me, but who really cares what that pile of penguin shit believes?
Jackson

Jarrow, UK

#607638 Mar 3, 2013
All religion has done is start wars and problems
Jackson

Jarrow, UK

#607639 Mar 3, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
God will decide what he or She wants on her own.
As for me, I happen to believe in self-defense. I am very pro-choice, and people have a right to choose for themselves whether or not to own a firearm and I don't believe the government has a right to take away that choice. Especially if it's Constitutionally guaranteed.
so you don't care what god thinks and you call scaring people with guns "self defence"
Jackson

Jarrow, UK

#607640 Mar 3, 2013
We should just stop arguing its never going to end because people with religious beliefs can never be changed as they grew up with it

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#607641 Mar 3, 2013
Jackson wrote:
<quoted text> so you don't care what god thinks and you call scaring people with guns "self defence"
Yeah when people break into your house scaring them with guns, IS self defense.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#607642 Mar 3, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Imagine how hard it must be for atheists to try to make themselves believe that God isn't REAL when their WIVES,people who just happen to be CREATED by G-O-D,walk around all PREGNANT until that BABY pops out into the world. I mean,can't you just hear one of them trying to 'rebuke the Holy Spirit' when He CONVICTS them with all of the REAL EVIDENCE of the REALITY of His being?? Such MISERY,huh??
Its called biology, dear. Its not like the baby appeared there by jesusmagic.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#607643 Mar 3, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>please either listen to something else or try to control yourself while driving. You could get seriously hurt. I know this commercial is about texting, but it's also about taking your eyes off of the road while driving. Just ONE second could make all the difference. It's very realistic. Watch it and try to remember it while you're driving and PLEASE be safe!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =pubTiDCEVZ8XX
Hey, they never said if she got that guys number....

Poor girl, now she doesnt have a date.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#607644 Mar 3, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, that is so funny.....I have no idea what that means!
O_o
endtime

AOL

#607645 Mar 3, 2013

----#---- NEXT POPE is ANTICHRIST

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#607646 Mar 3, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey sweetheart!!:-)
The world is exactly the same as it was before. Evil just takes on another form, that's all!
Nice to be called sweetheart even if at 66 it means that the 'sweetheart' is all the sweetness I would get from a woman who could be my granddaughter. The heartbreak of getting old and still having a young mind.

There are lots of evil people in the world, hon, and humans have much better technology today than ever before so we could easily reduce the world population very quickly if some maniac got in control of that technology, but aside from that, really the only place in North America that is having a huge amount of killing is Mexico.

Canada hasn't had to beat up on the USA since the war of 1812, which was finally settled as a draw rather than Britain bringing in more forces and taking over the whole country - what would Canada want with the USA anyway, other than getting to the sunny beaches in winter without having to go through customs?

Canada is a wonderful country only a tiny part of which I have actually seen. Most of Europe has been at peace since WWII, whereas throughout past history the various countries were always at war with one another. We just need to get Asia and
Africa to get their act together, which I admit is a difficult task, since they contain the majority of the world population, and many of their countries don't seem to want peace.

Perhaps by now you see that I don't have a clue what I am talking about. But I do like to ramble, and the attention of a pretty young woman, or pretty older woman for that matter.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#607647 Mar 3, 2013
boooots wrote:
Canada hasn't had to beat up on the USA since the war of 1812, which was finally settled as a draw rather than Britain bringing in more forces and taking over the whole country - what would Canada want with the USA anyway, other than getting to the sunny beaches in winter without having to go through customs?
Is that all America is to you, sunny beaches?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#607648 Mar 3, 2013
Kaitlin the Wool Bitch wrote:
Do try to come up with an original insult.
Thanks, but if I want any lip out of you, I'll peel it off my zipper, loser.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#607649 Mar 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Hey, they never said if she got that guys number....
Poor girl, now she doesnt have a date.
On the serious side, could you imagine how you would feel if you texted a loved one and found out that the text was the reason that people died in a car accident? I think more new laws went into effect this month regarding texting while driving. They should have a commercial like the UK has here in the states. For biological reasons I don't think anyone under 21 should be allowed to drive. Because of that biological reason car accidents are the leading cause of teen deaths.

http://www.adcouncil.org/Our-Work/Current-Wor...

http://www.kpbs.org/news/2012/apr/16/car-acci...

I commend Ford for coming up with the SYNC system whose primary reason is to help keep the drivers eyes on the road. They have won so many awards and now other car companies are following them. The new SYNC system is really amazing. I just wish they'd make it more user upgradable.

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#607650 Mar 3, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>On the serious side, could you imagine how you would feel if you texted a loved one and found out that the text was the reason that people died in a car accident? I think more new laws went into effect this month regarding texting while driving. They should have a commercial like the UK has here in the states. For biological reasons I don't think anyone under 21 should be allowed to drive. Because of that biological reason car accidents are the leading cause of teen deaths.
http://www.adcouncil.org/Our-Work/Current-Wor...
http://www.kpbs.org/news/2012/apr/16/car-acci...
I commend Ford for coming up with the SYNC system whose primary reason is to help keep the drivers eyes on the road. They have won so many awards and now other car companies are following them. The new SYNC system is really amazing. I just wish they'd make it more user upgradable.
http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm...
This is a topic I absolutely agree wiht you on.

Texting & driving is so stupid, I can't believe they even had to think about making it a law. I don't text n drive, ever. Hell, I don't even text, except to my wife & my brother...

You can spot them texters real easy, they swerve on the road much like a drunk driver. I always just back off.

I don't think these new cars should have that stupid tv screen on the dash, it's a major distraction - whether it be a map, music, a text, or even sometimes it's a real tv...

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#607651 Mar 3, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
All those planets, stars and galaxies certainly don't seem to be shootin' off in all directions; they appear to be moving outward from one central point.
Right...
http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2011/04/...
...sure it is.

How's that old maxim go(?)..."It's better to remain silent than open your mouth and prove how stupid you are"

Buy a muzzle; it'll be the most worthwhile purchase you'll ever make.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#607652 Mar 3, 2013
Jackson wrote:
All religion has done is start wars and problems
Right. Poor, picked on China had to tell those self-immolators to stop embarrassing them by dying like that. After all, China only out numbers them by about 2 billion to 1.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#607653 Mar 3, 2013
Jackson wrote:
We should just stop arguing its never going to end because people with religious beliefs can never be changed as they grew up with it
STFU shadow puppet.
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#607654 Mar 3, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Otay
Love

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 18 min kevin 1,032
Auto Money Machines - Auto Money Machines Revie... 34 min piyaro 1
www.mygiftcardsite.com balance - Mygiftcardsite... (Dec '12) 1 hr Richard bibbs 36
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 265,589
cleaning black dollar \ cleaning black currency... (Sep '12) 2 hr Dr Abdullah Saleh 43
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 2 hr yon 4,940
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr yon 39,395
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr truth 605,391
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr truth 560,745
How do I ask my dad for sex? (Oct '13) 14 hr daveo69 72
More from around the web