Prove there's a god.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#608030 Mar 5, 2013
Geodee wrote:
You won't get proof, dummy. That's why you need faith.
You're the dummy. Faith without supporting evidence is indistinguishable from schizophrenia.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#608031 Mar 5, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what a tramp is – that is what I could not understand.
A tramp in the UK is I suppose what you call a hobo.
I suppose being an obnoxious hate merchant masturbating your christian gland is good for you, feel free to get off by insulting anyone you can’t cope with
RR doesn't get that the entire world does not embrace all of the expressions and sayings of the USA.

That's because he is such an insular and isolated American that he can't comprehend that the entire world doesn't do or say everything the USA does.

Just FYI- a "tramp stamp" is a tattoo on a woman....

"Tramp Stamp

A tattoo above a woman's ass crack.
Her pants were so low cut, you could see her tramp stamp."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...

Too bad RR is such an arrogant sh*thead that he couldn't just TELL you what the term meant and instead talked about you living under a rock.

In the meantime, there are LOADS of English expressions that RR doesn't have the slightest clue as to what they mean.

Of course, if it's not American, RR couldn't care less- just like if it's not the god of the bible one believes in, RR couldn't care less about that either.

I do sometimes wonder if he is related to Nicolas Chauvin because RR sure does personify and embrace chauvinism.

Location hidden

#608032 Mar 5, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
I noticed that a couple of months later he was hyping the same idea. Typical fundy.
With redneck old habits die hard. The sad part is that he refuses to be honest with himself. I'm not sure what he's afraid of, but it's definitely fear driven.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#608033 Mar 5, 2013
USG wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't life itself proof of something?
Sure- it's proof that life exists.

And that life exists is proof that fauna and flora engage in sexual activity in order to create life.

Location hidden

#608034 Mar 5, 2013
boooots wrote:
Let me summarize, because I am always long-winded and lose people.
Being 19 is good, one feels they know everything, but as one gets older one realizes just how much one didn't know at 19, or even at 30, 40, 60. The advantage of being 19 is having so much confidence can be very creative.
There are some amazing teens around. Yesterday I read the story about a 15 year old who just invented a dipstick-type sensor to detect pancreatic, ovarian, and lung cancer that is 168 times faster, 26,000 times less expensive (cost only 3 cents per test) and 400 times more sensitive than the current standard of detection. He probably doesn't realize it yet but his invention will save many lives, and improve the lives of everyone around those who use his invention. There is no greater reward than to help others,and he will be helping the entire world with his invention, and he is only 15. Amazing!

Since: Mar 13

kaiserslautern, Germany

#608035 Mar 5, 2013
You all realize the alternative beleive is that all of this arose on it's own from inanimate matter, for no purpose whatsoever. Personally, I find that a bit harder to believe.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#608036 Mar 5, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish I was your neighbor ... then we could hang out. lol
Museums here suck, the Northwest of the US is horrible for anything that's not faux-art.
Could be fun, I love museums, I really could spend my life in them. The first I visited was on a school trip to Manchester museum, I was hooked.

As a child I lived in a small village that Roman remains had been discovered, it turned out to have been quite a large port by the local standards http://ribchesterromanmuseum.org/

After school I’d watch them excavating pots, lamps, bits of armour, weapons etc, and was allowed to help out too if I was lucky. I spent all my spare time there, it was a wonderland.

I visited museums in Rome and Naples (and Pompeii and Herculanum) to boost my knowledge of that Roman period, later Florence brought home the wonders of the renascence.

My passion now is Cro-Magnon and the place for that is SW France, over 2000 discovered sites show signs of Cro-Magnon habitation and more being discovered more or less weekly. Many of the artefacts are at Les Eyzies-de-Tayac in the Dordogne.
http://www.musee-prehistoire-eyzies.fr/
Here is a cover site in English
http://fermedetayac.com/national-prehistoric-...
Scroll down, that “moose” stands about 8 or 9 feet excluding the antlers.

Although (for now) I live in England I intend moving over there to continue my hobby with more earnest, already bought a house in preparation for that time and spend around 6 weeks a year there.

While I was looking for the house I evaluated one, quite isolated but fairly modern. A stream cut through the land with it’s own 2000 years old miniature Roman 3 arch bridge.

Location hidden

#608037 Mar 5, 2013
Uncle Miltie wrote:
You all realize the alternative beleive is that all of this arose on it's own from inanimate matter, for no purpose whatsoever.
Not necessarily. At one time everyone thought that the Earth was the center of the universe. Just because mankind doesn't have knowledge of something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. This is why science is so important.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#608038 Mar 5, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>RR doesn't get that the entire world does not embrace all of the expressions and sayings of the USA.
That's because he is such an insular and isolated American that he can't comprehend that the entire world doesn't do or say everything the USA does.
Just FYI- a "tramp stamp" is a tattoo on a woman....
"Tramp Stamp
A tattoo above a woman's ass crack.
Her pants were so low cut, you could see her tramp stamp."
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
Too bad RR is such an arrogant sh*thead that he couldn't just TELL you what the term meant and instead talked about you living under a rock.
In the meantime, there are LOADS of English expressions that RR doesn't have the slightest clue as to what they mean.
Of course, if it's not American, RR couldn't care less- just like if it's not the god of the bible one believes in, RR couldn't care less about that either.
I do sometimes wonder if he is related to Nicolas Chauvin because RR sure does personify and embrace chauvinism.
That’s what is expected from RR anyway, cant say I ever had an explanation of him without serious prompting

And yes he does qualify for the circle city number one chauvinist

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#608039 Mar 5, 2013
Uncle Miltie wrote:
You all realize the alternative beleive is that all of this arose on it's own from inanimate matter, for no purpose whatsoever. Personally, I find that a bit harder to believe.
Where is it written that everything- or even anything for that matter- must have a purpose?

Why can't something just BE with no rhyme or reason?

Is everything you say or do in your life with a purpose? I seriously doubt that......

Is something invalid if it is without purpose? I don't think so....

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#608040 Mar 5, 2013
USG wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't life itself proof of something?
Yes, its proof of life.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#608044 Mar 5, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
No, in men it reduces physical strength and libido, in women, it actually increases it. Estrogen increases womens sex drive, testerone decreases it. Testerone increases mens sex drive, estrogen decreases it.
Wrong.

Testosterone Increases Libido in Women

http://www.webmd.com/sexual-conditions/news/2...

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#608045 Mar 5, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, touch a nerve did I? Yeah, your sources are pre-debunked. lol Find a real source some time, it might help you make a real case for once instead of just helping you to look more like a lying fool.
So you deny the existence of the Great Sloan Wall now? You are an idiot, even for a troll.

“design is God's trademark”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#608046 Mar 5, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Respect also considers the consequences, the natural consequences. But it considers consequences that should not happen, and are wrong, such as being left by their partner. The parents can already say their children did wrong and they are not happy for it, spanking is not right. And spanking gets the message to the child that they aren't accepted because of what they are doing, and pressures the children to earn their parents approval and make them lack openness because their parents will not approve of them.
that is nothing more than new age physco-babble.

spanking is a very effective tool in enforcing good behavior.
Prov 23:13-14 tells us 2 things, spanking a child will not injure the child, and you are imparting a necessary discipline that will be insturmental in delivering that child's soul from hell.
If he or she grows up disrepsectful and unrulely and rebellious the end outcome will be horriffic for that child.

Prov 13:24 tells us that if you spare spanking that you hate your son or daughter and that you do not love them as a parent should.

spanking is never done in anger. It is done within the clear defined rules of discipline to enforce good behavior.
and to teach the CHILD to respect authority, because if they don't there is a consequence.

the generation of today is a perfect example of what happens when you with hold discipline.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#608047 Mar 5, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
No, in men it reduces physical strength and libido, in women, it actually increases it. Estrogen increases womens sex drive, testerone decreases it. Testerone increases mens sex drive, estrogen decreases it.
Nope. Testosterone injected into either sex increases libido. I don't know where you're getting your information, but I'm taking mine from actual scientific studies where men and women were injected with testosterone. In all cases, women's sex drives increased.

http://www.regulabuerki.ch/files/pdf/en/Trans...

"In a study of women in whom menopause had been induced by surgery, high doses of testosterone enanthate, given by intramuscular injection alone or in combination with estrogen, increased sexual desire, fantasies, and arousal more than placebo or estrogen alone"

and

"Treatment with the higher dose of testosterone improved sexual function and psychological well-being substantially more than placebo treatment."

http://prod.obgyn.ubc.ca/Education/Residency/...

"At 24 weeks, the increase in the 4-week frequency of satisfying sexual episodes was significantly greater in the group receiving 300 µg of testosterone per day than in the placebo group (an increase of 2.1 episodes vs. 0.7, P<0.001) but not in the group receiving 150 µg per day (1.2 episodes, P=0.11). As compared with placebo, both doses of testosterone were associated with significant increases in desire (300 µg per day, P<0.001; 150 µg per day, P=0.04)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1...

"We have shown that a loss of libido in postmenopausal women can be cured with combined implants containing oestradiol 40 mg and testosterone 100 mg."

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00...

"Decreased Free Testosterone and Dehydroepiandrosterone-sulfate (DHEA-S) Levels in Women with Decreased Libido"

All these studies arise out of studies done in the 1920's on lesbians and gay men. In gay men, it was assumed that they'd become straight if they had testosterone, but all it did was increase their libido for their normal partners - the same thing occurred in lesbians.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#608048 Mar 5, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish I was your neighbor ... then we could hang out. lol
Museums here suck, the Northwest of the US is horrible for anything that's not faux-art.
Then your imaginary faux kitteh should fit right in with the rest of faux culture there.

Location hidden

#608049 Mar 5, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Well, didn't you just flunk the hell outta Biology.
And English. Look up the word "species" - make sure you spell it just like I did.
Never mind, I'll do it for you even:
"Species" Definition:
noun, singular or plural: species
(taxonomy)
"(1) The lowest taxonomic rank, and the most basic unit or category of biological classification.
(2) An individual belonging to a group of organisms (or the entire group itself) having common characteristics and (usually) are capable of mating with one another to produce fertile offspring. Failing that (for example the Liger) It has to be ecologically and recognisably the same."
http://www.biology-online.org/dictionary/Spec...
OMG! you basically just repeated what i said.

a species is a SPECIFIC
a type or a kind is not.

Some stable somewhere

#608050 Mar 5, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong.
Testosterone Increases Libido in Women
http://www.webmd.com/sexual-conditions/news/2...

That's a funny review because the researchers apparently aren't familiar with the hormone studies that went on in the 1920's - science works that way, though. We don't know what has happened before us and constantly reinvent the wheel.

Location hidden

#608051 Mar 5, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Sure.
"Gimme your money or I'll shoot you in the head." That's a choice. That's "free will".
"Do what I want or I'll burn you for all eternity." That's a choice. That's "free will".
NOT!
how dumb can you go?

i am sure you will continue to show me.

"give me your money or i will shoot you in the head"?
well snorky, that is a free will choice
smart people would give the money and NOT get shot.
so they can live.

"accept God and walk in rightness and accept His love and mercy, or reject God and spend eternity in hell"?

smart people accept God and LIVE.
stupid people reject God and go to hell.

yes, FREE WILL.

Some stable somewhere

#608052 Mar 5, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
that is nothing more than new age physco-babble.
spanking is a very effective tool in enforcing good behavior.
Prov 23:13-14 tells us 2 things, spanking a child will not injure the child, and you are imparting a necessary discipline that will be insturmental in delivering that child's soul from hell.
If he or she grows up disrepsectful and unrulely and rebellious the end outcome will be horriffic for that child.
Prov 13:24 tells us that if you spare spanking that you hate your son or daughter and that you do not love them as a parent should.
spanking is never done in anger. It is done within the clear defined rules of discipline to enforce good behavior.
and to teach the CHILD to respect authority, because if they don't there is a consequence.
the generation of today is a perfect example of what happens when you with hold discipline.
If you need to hit your kids to reinforce authority, you're not a good parent.

Certainly, children learn quite quickly that their parents will hit them if they do X, but that doesn't instill children with useful coping skills about future problems. You're just instilling trauma associations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min guest 647,113
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Aura Mytha 49,702
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 9 min ChristineM 445,766
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 12 min Rosa_Winkel 105,696
Just HOW angry is Satan??? 1 hr Thinking 28
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 2 hr Sonny Wu 167
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 2 hr Steve III 391
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 9 hr poptropaa 44
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 18 hr Jockfullonutz 28
More from around the web