Prove there's a god.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#608045 Mar 5, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, touch a nerve did I? Yeah, your sources are pre-debunked. lol Find a real source some time, it might help you make a real case for once instead of just helping you to look more like a lying fool.
So you deny the existence of the Great Sloan Wall now? You are an idiot, even for a troll.

“design is God's trademark”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#608046 Mar 5, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Respect also considers the consequences, the natural consequences. But it considers consequences that should not happen, and are wrong, such as being left by their partner. The parents can already say their children did wrong and they are not happy for it, spanking is not right. And spanking gets the message to the child that they aren't accepted because of what they are doing, and pressures the children to earn their parents approval and make them lack openness because their parents will not approve of them.
that is nothing more than new age physco-babble.

spanking is a very effective tool in enforcing good behavior.
Prov 23:13-14 tells us 2 things, spanking a child will not injure the child, and you are imparting a necessary discipline that will be insturmental in delivering that child's soul from hell.
If he or she grows up disrepsectful and unrulely and rebellious the end outcome will be horriffic for that child.

Prov 13:24 tells us that if you spare spanking that you hate your son or daughter and that you do not love them as a parent should.

spanking is never done in anger. It is done within the clear defined rules of discipline to enforce good behavior.
and to teach the CHILD to respect authority, because if they don't there is a consequence.

the generation of today is a perfect example of what happens when you with hold discipline.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#608047 Mar 5, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
No, in men it reduces physical strength and libido, in women, it actually increases it. Estrogen increases womens sex drive, testerone decreases it. Testerone increases mens sex drive, estrogen decreases it.
Nope. Testosterone injected into either sex increases libido. I don't know where you're getting your information, but I'm taking mine from actual scientific studies where men and women were injected with testosterone. In all cases, women's sex drives increased.

http://www.regulabuerki.ch/files/pdf/en/Trans...

"In a study of women in whom menopause had been induced by surgery, high doses of testosterone enanthate, given by intramuscular injection alone or in combination with estrogen, increased sexual desire, fantasies, and arousal more than placebo or estrogen alone"

and

"Treatment with the higher dose of testosterone improved sexual function and psychological well-being substantially more than placebo treatment."

http://prod.obgyn.ubc.ca/Education/Residency/...

"At 24 weeks, the increase in the 4-week frequency of satisfying sexual episodes was significantly greater in the group receiving 300 µg of testosterone per day than in the placebo group (an increase of 2.1 episodes vs. 0.7, P<0.001) but not in the group receiving 150 µg per day (1.2 episodes, P=0.11). As compared with placebo, both doses of testosterone were associated with significant increases in desire (300 µg per day, P<0.001; 150 µg per day, P=0.04)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1...

"We have shown that a loss of libido in postmenopausal women can be cured with combined implants containing oestradiol 40 mg and testosterone 100 mg."

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00...

"Decreased Free Testosterone and Dehydroepiandrosterone-sulfate (DHEA-S) Levels in Women with Decreased Libido"

All these studies arise out of studies done in the 1920's on lesbians and gay men. In gay men, it was assumed that they'd become straight if they had testosterone, but all it did was increase their libido for their normal partners - the same thing occurred in lesbians.

Location hidden

#608048 Mar 5, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish I was your neighbor ... then we could hang out. lol
Museums here suck, the Northwest of the US is horrible for anything that's not faux-art.
Then your imaginary faux kitteh should fit right in with the rest of faux culture there.

Location hidden

#608049 Mar 5, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Well, didn't you just flunk the hell outta Biology.
And English. Look up the word "species" - make sure you spell it just like I did.
Never mind, I'll do it for you even:
"Species" Definition:
noun, singular or plural: species
(taxonomy)
"(1) The lowest taxonomic rank, and the most basic unit or category of biological classification.
(2) An individual belonging to a group of organisms (or the entire group itself) having common characteristics and (usually) are capable of mating with one another to produce fertile offspring. Failing that (for example the Liger) It has to be ecologically and recognisably the same."
http://www.biology-online.org/dictionary/Spec...
OMG! you basically just repeated what i said.

a species is a SPECIFIC
a type or a kind is not.

Some stable somewhere

#608050 Mar 5, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong.
Testosterone Increases Libido in Women
http://www.webmd.com/sexual-conditions/news/2...

That's a funny review because the researchers apparently aren't familiar with the hormone studies that went on in the 1920's - science works that way, though. We don't know what has happened before us and constantly reinvent the wheel.

Location hidden

#608051 Mar 5, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Sure.
"Gimme your money or I'll shoot you in the head." That's a choice. That's "free will".
"Do what I want or I'll burn you for all eternity." That's a choice. That's "free will".
NOT!
how dumb can you go?

i am sure you will continue to show me.

"give me your money or i will shoot you in the head"?
well snorky, that is a free will choice
smart people would give the money and NOT get shot.
so they can live.

"accept God and walk in rightness and accept His love and mercy, or reject God and spend eternity in hell"?

smart people accept God and LIVE.
stupid people reject God and go to hell.

yes, FREE WILL.

Some stable somewhere

#608052 Mar 5, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
Prov 23:13-14 tells us 2 things, spanking a child will not injure the child, and you are imparting a necessary discipline that will be insturmental in delivering that child's soul from hell.
If he or she grows up disrepsectful and unrulely and rebellious the end outcome will be horriffic for that child.
Prov 13:24 tells us that if you spare spanking that you hate your son or daughter and that you do not love them as a parent should.
spanking is never done in anger. It is done within the clear defined rules of discipline to enforce good behavior.
and to teach the CHILD to respect authority, because if they don't there is a consequence.
the generation of today is a perfect example of what happens when you with hold discipline.
If you need to hit your kids to reinforce authority, you're not a good parent.

Certainly, children learn quite quickly that their parents will hit them if they do X, but that doesn't instill children with useful coping skills about future problems. You're just instilling trauma associations.

Location hidden

#608053 Mar 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Well folks, I'm outta here. Got the day off tomorrow - it's RR's birthday. Mrs RR has something special planned.....
Later
I hope you had a very happy birthday!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#608054 Mar 5, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>There are some amazing teens around. Yesterday I read the story about a 15 year old who just invented a dipstick-type sensor to detect pancreatic, ovarian, and lung cancer that is 168 times faster, 26,000 times less expensive (cost only 3 cents per test) and 400 times more sensitive than the current standard of detection. He probably doesn't realize it yet but his invention will save many lives, and improve the lives of everyone around those who use his invention. There is no greater reward than to help others,and he will be helping the entire world with his invention, and he is only 15. Amazing!
Yes, I agree and I hope that one and all like him get all the credit they deserve for their accomplishments. Likely kids at times can achieve more than older people as they have not yet internalized all the negativity that stops a lot of us from realizing our full potential.

Perhaps many kids have not done as well as that boy has because they have been told they are too young yet to know certain things, whereas perhaps in his case, adults allowed him to do what he wanted to regarding exploring new ways of doing things, or inventing completely new procedures.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#608055 Mar 5, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, it is NOT just the generation of today and I provided you with quotes from Plato and Socrates which illustrated that.

Here they are again:

"The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority, they show disrespect to their elders.... They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and are tyrants over their teachers." -Socrates

"The young people of today think of nothing but themselves. They have no reverence for parents or old age. They are impatient of all restraint. They talk as if they alone knew everything and what passes for wisdom with us is foolishness with them. As for girls, they are forward, immodest and unwomanly in speech, behaviour and dress." -Plato

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Are_people_getting_...

Next- there are many ways to discipline and to teach children to respect authority without resorting to physical force or any kind of physical violence.

Spanking children teaches them to fear- it does NOT teach them to respect and there is a world of difference between the two.

I respect MANY people who have never laid a hand on me and never would but if they did, that respect would be gone in an instant.

And respect is EARNED and people can not be forced to respect anyone.

But they CAN be taught to FEAR someone- and all the more if the person being taught is a CHILD.

And sorry- but for way too many parents, it's easier and takes less time to HIT their kids than it does to actually TALK to their kids.

And even SCREAMING at kids is better than resorting to ANY type of physical force or violence.

And spanking is never done in anger or should NOT be done in anger? Wow. So the parent should just very calmly tell little Billy: I'm not angry with you, but I'm going to HIT you to at the very least cause you to feel humiliation.

I'm not going to explain to you why what you said/did was wrong- instead, I'm gonna HIT you and that'll be that....

Is THAT how it goes, Patty?

Well, there have also been many serial killers who didn't kill in anger either. Didn't make them any less deranged.

If anything, to spank a child when not angry with the child- that sounds very cold hearted and calculated, which also happens to be the MO of a great many serial killers.

Location hidden

#608056 Mar 5, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
My gawd but you are so naive, Patty, and so removed from reality. New Age Psychobabble as you call it has been around since you were young. When I was in university the youth of those times were considered the wildest most irresponsible that the world had ever known. That seems to be the older generation's opinion of the young no matter what time period you are looking at.

Talking about what goes on in the world and then quoting some ancient person's writings shows just how far removed from reality you live.

Perhaps, Patty, if you had lived a normal life, and even had some children of your own you would be able to make a bit more sense when you speak about how to deal with the behavior of kids. One thing you definitely don't ever do is refer to Leviticus for your guidelines. Man has learned many times the knowledge of human behavior than he knew at the time of the writing of that nonsense, you are always quoting.

Location hidden

#608057 Mar 5, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG! you basically just repeated what i said.
a species is a SPECIFIC
a type or a kind is not.
But that is not what you said, Patty, and your post was entirely wrong.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#608058 Mar 5, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
"You green blooded. Inhuman....."
-Dr Leonard Horatio McCoy
As I raise a left eyebrow.....
Im I geek and damn proud of it
Really Al? I didn't figure you for a geek somehow. Excellent!

San Francisco

#608059 Mar 5, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Fk off tranny.
"You overindulge in insults."

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#608060 Mar 5, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, I am not at ALL condoning spanking whether done in anger or not.

And maybe if a parent is going to spank a child and their emotions are out of control, spanking them when they are NOT angry might be the lesser of two evils, but either way, spanking IS evil and not at all a NECESSARY evil.

San Francisco

#608061 Mar 5, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
So think about this Wilderide. In the Garden of Gethsemane, during the hour when Jesus was betrayed and arrested, Peter struck off the ear of the servant of the high priest in order to protect his Lord. But Jesus tells him to stop. Why? And what were Jesus words to Peter?
We know that Jesus never wielded a sword. So when Jesus is talking about a sword, he's talking metaphorically. Jesus denounced violence when relating to following God.
There is not a single verse in the New Testament that calls the Church to commit violence to spread the gospel or to plant churches or to accomplish anything else. Rather, the New Testament hands the sword over to the State (Rom. 13:1-6). In any case, Jesus says a spiritual sword, not a physical one, may sever family ties, so his disciples must be ready for that.
OK, I fess up to being a little bit facetious about Jesus literally wielding a sword, or even advocating doing so. I was setting a bit of a trap, and here it is: given what you've said above, doesn't this strongly imply that Jesus was a pacifist, and expected his followers to be likewise? And you see where I am going with this in the never-ending gun control debate I guess.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#608062 Mar 5, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
Lets say the brain is adult sized and developed at 18, biologically.
Then it would be abnormal. The brain doesn't get that size or connect until around the mid 20's in humans.
You could be right, or wrong.
If I am wrong then thousands of Neurologist are wrong. If I am wrong then decades of medical research is wrong. More likely your private theory is wrong. Do your own unbiased research and learn more. Plenty of information regarding this topic.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#608063 Mar 5, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
Here:

"If, occasionally, you lose it and spank your child, you aren't going to damage him or your relationship forever.

******It's not an effective or positive approach to discipline, though.******

It's a more serious problem if you commonly spank your child, or if it's one of your dominant disciplinary methods.

I find it hard to justify spanking at any time. Here's why:

1. It teaches your child that violence is an acceptable way to express anger and deal with conflict. This contradicts the rest of how you are trying to raise your child.

2. It is painful. Deliberately instilling pain on your child is cruel (even if you believe it's “for their own good”). The slogan,“No pain, no gain” does not apply to child rearing.

3. It's harmful emotionally for you. Have you ever felt wonderful after hitting a child? Spanking often leads to remorse, guilt, and doubts about the quality of your own parenting skills. Avoid the agony-resist the urge to smack. It's a very unpleasant sensation to feel like a bully.

4. It's harmful emotionally for the child. Spanking is traumatic, makes a child feel as though there's something wrong with her (instead of something wrong with her behavior), creates resentment, and can lead to body image and self image problems.

5. Spanking tells a child she is powerless. A powerless person will act out, leading to more problems.

6. Spanking is disrespectful to the child, and it doesn't help teach respectful values or standards.

7. It breaks trust and invades a child's sense of security.

8. It halts effective communication.

9. Where do you go from there? Once you resort to physical discipline, the only steps “up” are more, or stronger physical discipline. Don't start down that path.

10. It doesn't work! In the very, very short term, you may stop the misbehavior. The backlash is not worth the very, very short term.

Read more on FamilyEducation: http://life.familyeducation.com/parenting/spa...

NO ONE wins through using fear and intimidation. And no....spanking is NOT a good or truly effective parenting tool.

Location hidden

#608067 Mar 5, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
My gawd but you are so naive, Patty, and so removed from reality. New Age Psychobabble as you call it has been around since you were young. When I was in university the youth of those times were considered the wildest most irresponsible that the world had ever known. That seems to be the older generation's opinion of the young no matter what time period you are looking at.
Talking about what goes on in the world and then quoting some ancient person's writings shows just how far removed from reality you live.
Perhaps, Patty, if you had lived a normal life, and even had some children of your own you would be able to make a bit more sense when you speak about how to deal with the behavior of kids. One thing you definitely don't ever do is refer to Leviticus for your guidelines. Man has learned many times the knowledge of human behavior than he knew at the time of the writing of that nonsense, you are always quoting.
Really? OCB just quoted Plato. Why don't you stfu hypocrite?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cheap PCB Boards, Best PCB Manufacturer in Chin... 2 min Fire3759 4
what are the physical differences between india... (Jun '09) 6 min Dolly1081 84
The Future of Politics in America 8 min truth 217
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min Scaritual 88,062
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 9 min Serum2874 54,093
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 14 min Kiss2593 619,181
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 18 min Kisser5101 3,950
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 52 min Licks8751 526
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 56 min Lips6855 665,279
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 1 hr Dripz4646 102
More from around the web