Prove there's a god.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#608097 Mar 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Men have greater sex drive because the parietal lobe is larger.
What a silly blanket statement you made.

Not ALL men have greater sex drives than women and not ALL women have lower sex drives than men.

MANY factors contribute to the level of one's sex drive and not all of them are biological or even physiological.
USG

Saint Louis, MO

#608098 Mar 5, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, its proof of life.
So life just appeared one day?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#608099 Mar 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell Christine he is proof the English have their share of loopy people too.
I would think Christine is already well aware of that.
USG

Saint Louis, MO

#608100 Mar 5, 2013
The theory that we evolved would be a good one IF only there were evidence of that.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#608101 Mar 5, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
doesn't this strongly imply that Jesus was a pacifist, and expected his followers to be likewise?
Just a side note....leaning toward pacifism and "Judas"

As related to Judas of Iscariot - utilizing his last name for some interesting scenarios....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judas_Iscariot

The significance of "Iscariot" is uncertain. There are several major theories on etymology:

One popular explanation derives Iscariot from Hebrew &#1488;&#1497;&#15 13;&#1470;&#1511;& #1512;&#1497;&#1493; &#1514;,Κ-Qrîyôth, or "man of Kerioth". The Gospel of John refers to Judas as "son of Simon Iscariot" (although the biblical text only refers to him as "the son of Simon" (Jn 6:71, Jn 13:26, King James Version)),[2] implying it was not Judas, but his father, who came from there.[3] Some speculate that Kerioth refers to a region in Judea, but it is also the name of two known Judean towns.[4]

A second theory is that "Iscariot" identifies Judas as a member of the sicarii.[5] These were a cadre of assassins among Jewish rebels intent on driving the Romans out of Judea. However, some historians maintain the sicarii arose in the 40s or 50s of the 1st century, in which case Judas could not have been a member.[6]

A third possibility advanced by Ernst Wilhelm Hengstenberg is that Iscariot means "the liar" or "the false one," perhaps from the Hebrew &#1488;&#1460;&#15 13;&#1456;&#1473;& #1511;&#1463;&#1512; &#1456;&#1497;&#14 64;&#1488;.[7]

Fourth, some have proposed that the word derives from an Aramaic word meaning "red color," from the root &#1505;&#1511;&#15 12;.[7]

Fifth, the word derives from one of the Aramaic roots &#1505;&#1499;&#15 12; or &#1505;&#1490;&#15 12;. This would mean "to deliver," based on the LXX rendering of Isaiah 19:4a—a theory advanced by J. Alfred Morin.[8]

Finally, the epithet could be associated with the manner of Judas' death, i.e., hanging. This would mean Iscariot derives from a kind of Greek-Aramaic hybrid: &#1488;&#1460;&#15 05;&#1456;&#1499;& #1463;&#1468;&#1512; &#1456;&#1497;&#14 93;&#1468;&#1514;& #1464;&#1488;, Iskarioutha, "chokiness" or "constriction." This might indicate that the epithet be applied posthumously by the remaining disciples, but Joan E. Taylor has argued that it was a descriptive name given to Judas by Jesus, since other disciples such as Simon Peter/Cephas (Kephas = "rock") were also given such names.[9]

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#608102 Mar 5, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeesus fooking Christ on a crutch, why are you so deliberately ignorant?
I knew you couldn't come up with any viable statistics!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhahaaaa... .

Loser.

Location hidden

#608103 Mar 5, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Logic fail. I don't need to refer to every instance of hypocrisy to correctly identify a particular instance of it. Duh.
Hypocrite.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#608104 Mar 5, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
And, yet, you want to dictate what they can dream about.
How so?

Location hidden

#608106 Mar 5, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again! You are so full of bitterness and spite. What is that about Prickles? Why do you pollute the world with so much negativity?
That bitch never calls anybody else out for using googled images as their avatars. Go back to smoking your sausage you freaking hypocrite.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#608107 Mar 5, 2013
USG wrote:
The theory that we evolved would be a good one IF only there were evidence of that.
There is TONS of evidence of that.

As far as it being a "theory", so is GRAVITY, but there is also TONS of evidence to support that "theory" as well.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#608108 Mar 5, 2013
USG wrote:
Really- you need to start educating yourself SOMEPLACE-

Here's a good start for you:

"Scientists and crime solvers have something in common. They can both figure out what happened, even if no one was there to see it.

Scientists do the same thing that crime solvers do. They look for clues. The more clues that were left behind, the more likely they are to figure it out.

If all of the clues point to the same conclusion, then they know what happened.

Consider the case of the origin of species.

There are many thousands of clues, and they all point to the conclusion that life evolved.

There are so many clues that they fall under multiple disciplines of science.

Each of these disciplines provides a separate line of evidence for evolution."

http://www.teachthemscience.org/evidence

Location hidden

#608109 Mar 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Men have greater sex drive because the parietal lobe is larger.
In regard to parietal lobe morphology, men have larger volumes of parietal lobe BUT it does not determine libido.
hey

Rotherham, UK

#608110 Mar 5, 2013
umm I think there is god and scientist can't even explain something proerply even they didn't even know nothing about sky until they found in quran

Location hidden

#608111 Mar 5, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
Ok, show me the math, Einstein.
Why? You clearly wouldn't understand it.

Location hidden

#608114 Mar 5, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>How so?
Stop pretending innocence.

Location hidden

#608115 Mar 5, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
Ok, show me the math, Einstein.
It's called Astrobiology dumbass. Sorry that it's not a word you'll likely find in your buybull.

"Astrobiology makes use of physics, chemistry, astronomy, biology, molecular biology, ecology, planetary science, geography, and geology to investigate the possibility of life on other worlds and help recognize biospheres that might be different from the biosphere on Earth. Astrobiology concerns itself with interpretation of existing scientific data; given more detailed and reliable data from other parts of the universe, the roots of astrobiology itself—physics, chemistry and biology—may have their theoretical bases challenged. Although speculation is entertained to give context, astrobiology concerns itself primarily with hypotheses that fit firmly into existing scientific theories.

Earth is the only place in the universe known to harbor life. However, recent advances in planetary science have changed fundamental assumptions about the possibility of life in the universe, raising the estimates of habitable zones around other stars and the search for extraterrestrial microbial life. The possibility of life on Mars, either currently or in the past, is an active area of research."

"Advancements in the fields of astrobiology, observational astronomy and discovery of large varieties of extremophiles with extraordinary capability to thrive in the harshest environments on Earth, have led to speculation that life may possibly be thriving on many of the extraterrestrial bodies in the universe. A particular focus of current astrobiology research is the search for life on Mars due to its proximity to Earth and geological history. There is a growing body of evidence to suggest that Mars has previously had a considerable amount of water on its surface, water being considered an essential precursor to the development of carbon-based life."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrobiology

How arrogant of you to suggest that "mankind" knows everything, and is the only life form in the INFINITE universe. Your religion makes you a prisoner in the jail of stupidity.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#608116 Mar 5, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text> What a silly blanket statement you made.
Not ALL men have greater sex drives than women and not ALL women have lower sex drives than men.
MANY factors contribute to the level of one's sex drive and not all of them are biological or even physiological.
Yes I think some women may have greater sex drives than men, but medically and historically men are considered to have greater sex drives. I think this is shown throughout the animal kingdom, males competing to the death over it.
This in humans is also thought to be due partially to the greater levels of testosterone in men , but the parietal lobe is larger in men and somatosensory input is to the parietal lobe.
So touch, smells, feelings haptic perception...you know what I mean?

Location hidden

#608117 Mar 5, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
Stop pretending innocence.
Didn't think you could answer it. BTW, that's called prejudice.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#608118 Mar 5, 2013
USG wrote:
<quoted text>
So life just appeared one day?
Is that what I said?

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#608119 Mar 5, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>In regard to parietal lobe morphology, men have larger volumes of parietal lobe BUT it does not determine libido.
Of course touching another person and the sensation would have nothing to do with sex drive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min ImPeach 26,099
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 6 min UMORONRACEMAKEWOR... 53
to Maria Chapelle-Nadal: it's time to ROLL, sista' 13 min Doctor REALITY 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min Gods r Delusion x... 685,740
I hate Haiti (Jan '10) 1 hr Anne Nonymiss 109
"BIGGEST SCAM in WORLD HISTORY...." 1 hr YTube 1st 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Here For Now 619,748
More from around the web