Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#607878 Mar 4, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to agree. The Abrahamic religions preach fear, and attract the fearful.
Oh Gawd.....

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#607879 Mar 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I guess you weren't born that way...
It's not about being born a certain way, it's about development. They simply need more time.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a0...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#607880 Mar 4, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
You are crazy? Who butchered you?
Don't look at me, Mylan said it. I was just looking for clarification.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#607881 Mar 4, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
But what about that article I've read that says teenagers who take risks have grown up brains?
Again, you'll have to post a link to the article so I can find where you misinterpreted it. The frontal lobe may be partially developed but it still wouldn't be connected. It would be like removing the clutch between your car engine and the tranny. Even if both parts are there it won't do you any good UNTIL something connects them together. Also, this ISN'T about IQ. The frontal lobe isn't concerned with that aspect of function. See my earlier post regarding frontal lobe functions.

The Borderland of Sol

#607883 Mar 4, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
so then if diseases continue to merely 'evolve' into something greater and different, then we can know that there will never be a disease free world......no real cure for all disease will ever be complete.
and a wolf, a jackal, a dog, are not different 'species'
they are different KINDS of the same species.
you have male and female humans.
different but both are still human.
a lion, a lepard, a tiger, a cat.......... same spieces, but different "KINDS" of that specific species.
Well, didn't you just flunk the hell outta Biology.

And English. Look up the word "species" - make sure you spell it just like I did.

Never mind, I'll do it for you even:

"Species" Definition:

noun, singular or plural: species

(taxonomy)

"(1) The lowest taxonomic rank, and the most basic unit or category of biological classification.

(2) An individual belonging to a group of organisms (or the entire group itself) having common characteristics and (usually) are capable of mating with one another to produce fertile offspring. Failing that (for example the Liger) It has to be ecologically and recognisably the same."
http://www.biology-online.org/dictionary/Spec...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#607884 Mar 4, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Again, you'll have to post a link to the article so I can find where you misinterpreted it. The frontal lobe may be partially developed but it still wouldn't be connected. It would be like removing the clutch between your car engine and the tranny. Even if both parts are there it won't do you any good UNTIL something connects them together. Also, this ISN'T about IQ. The frontal lobe isn't concerned with that aspect of function. See my earlier post regarding frontal lobe functions.
All this brain talk hurts my brain. Lets get back on guns.

You know, those neat little metal thingies you're so afraid of...

The Borderland of Sol

#607885 Mar 4, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
are you seriously telling me you don't know what free will is?
let me TRY another angle here, see if this simplifies it for you
there is light, and there is darkness.
darkness is the absence of light
light is the absence of darkness.
think on that a moment..........
God is light, and truth, and rightness
if God is not present you have the opposite in place
darkness, wrongness and evil.
God created you, with a mind, a conscience and free will.
He didn't create robots. He created humans with a free will.
you have a free will TO CHOOSE what YOU think and what YOU do.
He does not make you do anything.
without God there is no light, no rightness, and no goodness
so when you choose to reject God, you embrace the opposite.
Cause that is what you have of the only 2 choices.
He did not create evil
He merely allows it FOR A TIME to serve a greater purpose which is to weed out the good from the bad, the wheat from the tare, the light from the darkness.
If you cuss someone out, thats not God
thats you choosing to behave wrongly and with iniquity and wickedness.
God didn't create us to be wicked.
If we are not responsible for what we do, then God couldn't judge us accordingly to what we do.
thats why He gave us free will.
God created the oceans that run deep, does that mean you are suppose to jump in and drown yourself simply because the ocean is there?
Sure.

"Gimme your money or I'll shoot you in the head." That's a choice. That's "free will".

"Do what I want or I'll burn you for all eternity." That's a choice. That's "free will".

NOT!

The Borderland of Sol

#607886 Mar 4, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Down south they call them Ass Antlers.
I'd not heard that!

Thanks.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#607887 Mar 4, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Do you own it? Where did you find it?
It's her husband , he has a headache. LMAO!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#607888 Mar 4, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Right...
http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2011/04/...
...sure it is.
How's that old maxim go(?)..."It's better to remain silent than open your mouth and prove how stupid you are"
Buy a muzzle; it'll be the most worthwhile purchase you'll ever make.
Wait ... you used a blog as a source? You're standards of evidence are inversely proportional to reality.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#607889 Mar 4, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>I beg to differ. Every one of your responses on this topic screams irresponsibility, and you always jump off the deep end and assume the worst. Typical of gun nuts. NO ONE is trying to take away ANY of your liberties! You got that? Quite the opposite. We just don't want ONE liberty to OVERSHADOW any of the others. EVERY American has rights, not "just" gun owners. EVERY amendment is important. Not just the second amendment. The sooner you comprehend that fact, the sooner you'll be able to see eye to eye with every American, and be part of the reasonable solution, instead of being just another gun nut. Keep your gun, but there is NO reason why you would need an assault weapon, a bazooka, a tank or a F-16 to go hunting or to protect yourself. There needs to be a reasonable solution, and gun nuts don't want any solution, and that is your big mistake, because just as there is the second amendment, there will ALSO be reasonable changes to make gun ownership safer for EVERY American. Sorry, but there is no looking back after Sandy Hook.
Sorry punk be "we" is less than half of US, deal with it!
There is another "we" and we are bigger. When you speak for America
I'll let you know, and btw get off my liberty's if you know what's good for ya.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#607890 Mar 4, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Redneck is delusional, and trying to talk with someone delusional can be frustrating. When they run out of things to say they usually just act childish. His response to this post will be more proof to that.
He may be delusional , but you are in a freaking time warp. You were born 200 years too early.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#607891 Mar 4, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> He may be delusional , but you are in a freaking time warp. You were born 200 years too early.
Aw... That's probably the kindest thing you've ever said to me...

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#607892 Mar 4, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Critical thinking test: fail.
Government restrictions on guns does not equate to the government being your master. But that is a particularly hilarious argument coming from a voluntary slave of Yahweh. A gun is not your sole and only ticket to self-reservation. Or rather, if it is for you, then I'm very sorry for you. As I pointed out in my post (which seems to have sailed over your head) citizens of most other first-world nations could at any time open the flood-gates to guns in their society. They just choose not to. So I don't know where you get this idea that their governments are their master.
Maybe you should get a passport and travel around a bit and see how other societies work. It might be quite enlightening for you.
We are fine right here , no need to see. But I can see you liberals are afraid, with good reason. But lets see you walk around at night in any place where danger lurks. I will because that age old saying.

Yay though I walk through the shadow of the valley of death, But I fear no evil for I have a bushmaster by my side.

“What?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#607893 Mar 4, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I'd not heard that!
Thanks.
http://milliondollartattoo.com/wp-content/upl...

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#607894 Mar 4, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Well said!
Religious people and gun nuts share one driving factor - fear. It does not surprise me that republicans and those in the tea party are more likely to own a gun. Both groups share this backwards arrogant mentality. Reminds me of the middle east, only with a McDonalds on every street corner.
You fear me, and you will fear me because you fear this......

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#607895 Mar 4, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice to be called sweetheart even if at 66 it means that the 'sweetheart' is all the sweetness I would get from a woman who could be my granddaughter. The heartbreak of getting old and still having a young mind.
There are lots of evil people in the world, hon, and humans have much better technology today than ever before so we could easily reduce the world population very quickly if some maniac got in control of that technology, but aside from that, really the only place in North America that is having a huge amount of killing is Mexico.
Canada hasn't had to beat up on the USA since the war of 1812, which was finally settled as a draw rather than Britain bringing in more forces and taking over the whole country - what would Canada want with the USA anyway, other than getting to the sunny beaches in winter without having to go through customs?
Canada is a wonderful country only a tiny part of which I have actually seen. Most of Europe has been at peace since WWII, whereas throughout past history the various countries were always at war with one another. We just need to get Asia and
Africa to get their act together, which I admit is a difficult task, since they contain the majority of the world population, and many of their countries don't seem to want peace.
Perhaps by now you see that I don't have a clue what I am talking about. But I do like to ramble, and the attention of a pretty young woman, or pretty older woman for that matter.
Awww dw, Clementia is here! U always have my attention!:-)

I think governments are evil as ever, they just use nice words and act polite but they still go around throwing bombs on any country they want.

Sweetie, I think the only way Asia and Africa is going to get rich is by doing the same thing the west did to get rich; steal from the east, so now the east got to steal from the west!! But i really don't think it's gonna happen as the west has too much power now, but i ain't seen the future, so i can't be sure.
USG

Saint Louis, MO

#607896 Mar 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it comforting to know that you are 80% more likely to die because you own a gun!
USG

Saint Louis, MO

#607897 Mar 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry should have said 80% more likely to die from a gunshot if you own a gun.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#607898 Mar 4, 2013
Well folks, I'm outta here. Got the day off tomorrow - it's RR's birthday. Mrs RR has something special planned.....

Later

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min confrinting with ... 675,533
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 19 min buckwhack 6,230
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 21 min buckwhack 110,203
exhibitionism (Jul '13) 3 hr exhib 8
----*PUBLIC REBUKE to: --TV Preachers, POPE---- 3 hr stirringYTube 1
Call for Gov Asa Hutchinson To Resign 4 hr Hiddn Numbrz 1
My NEW SPECULATION about the mystery vehicle an... 4 hr Doctor REALITY 14
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr WildWeirdWillie 184,738
More from around the web