“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#606304 Feb 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
huh..
I never knew the eymology of that idiom.
Any chance you have a time machine?
Laffin.

No, just an eclectic (read: uncontrollable) memory, and a fondness for both language and history.
Rush

Columbus, NE

#606305 Feb 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
He also told me that no woman would want a child with me unless I raped her.
LL's got some serious issues with violence & rape.
He really needs to be in jail.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#606306 Feb 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Child abuse is child abuse, spanking spanking.
Hmmm.... let's see, believe a psychopath like you, or study after study that proves you wrong....

Location hidden

#606307 Feb 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
the dentist never blames the toothpaste for your cavity, he blames YOU.
Why would a dentist blame the toothpaste? ROFL.... your so-called 'logic' is so retarded.....LOL...

Location hidden

#606308 Feb 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Mylan would..
Thanks for your uninformed opinion.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#606309 Feb 26, 2013
karl44 wrote:
Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
So if you ban guns right now, all gun crime would end? The only people who would ever turn over their guns, are law abiding people that you dont have to worry about in the first place. Banning guns from innocent people, will leave them in danger.
<quoted text>
In my view, banning guns is political and ineffective.
What needs be done, is making the gun owner criminally responsible for the behaviour of his weapons.(regardless who employs them)
Individuals who are the victim of gun violence need sue the gun owner, for very large personal and punitive damages.
So That:
To feel secure the gun owner needs carry ten million of liability on each weapon.
Lets take this a step further, everyone has to buy this insurance whether you want it or not. So that way just in case you accidentally use a gun you're covered.

Location hidden

#606310 Feb 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Why do you feel that it's your job to care for my health care?
I don't. I care about irresponsible loons like you over loading the healthcare system. Why do you feel the need to selfishly abuse it?

Location hidden

#606311 Feb 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
It's every individuals responsbility to do what they want, eat what they want, drink what they want, smoke what they want
When little children act irresponsibly, those who know better have to step in to make sure society at large isn't harmed. If you want to selfishly act like tarzan then move to Africa and go wild.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#606312 Feb 26, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
That is your view and I can respect that. However, I don't believe that a spanking is abuse, or causes resentment. Can it create fear? Sure, of course. Fear of disobeying. Fear of disrespecting a parent?.
Fear of breaking established rules.?
Setting a very real consequence?
Sure.
I know that not everyone will agree with this.
But I grew up in a household where I never disrespected my mother or father. Everything was yes sir or no sir. Yes ma'am or no ma'am. I understood from the beginning that my parents were the authority at home and they loved my with all their heart and to disobey them, talk back, or raise my voice just was not done.
I was spanked on a few occasions (as were my brothers and sister) but at no time did we ever resent my parents or felt humiliated as we clearly
understood the rules and the consequences for not willingly following them.
My parents were and continue to be strong examples and pillars in my life to teach me how I want to be when I reach my old age.
I believe that my parents were fair and balanced.
To this day at my age I still do not talk back to them even though I don't fear a spanking.
I raised my own children in the same manner and they have grown to be intelligent, hapoy and well balanced adults with no fear (from abuse) from me. I am very proud of their accomplishments in their early adult lives.
I did spank them less than a handful of times in the beginning, but they realized that spanking was the exception and not the rule. They learned that I loved them with all my heart and that I respected them and they in turn respected in return.
They knew that if they received a spanking it was because they had knowingly crossed all the warning lines and the end result was of their own makings.
They do not fear me. They do not feel humiliated.
They also knew that as my parents were strict, fair, balanced and loving towards me; I was also to my children as well.
If you hit a total stranger the same way you do/did your kid I suspect that it would be shocking to them and the police would call it assault. Why do you think your kid would not build up a certain amount of resentment after more than one smack? I spanked my daughter one time after she deliberately got off the school bus with another girl in a bad neighborhood. She was missing for several hours and some horrible things went through my mind during that time, memories of my own disappearance, horror that she could be gone forever. The neighbors, cops, everybody was looking for her; there was no bullshit 24 hour waiting time because she was 6. When she came walking around the corner at the end of the block I knew the greatest joy, sadly, I spanked her, then came completely unglued and collapsed...crying, from a terrible mix of relief and shame. I couldn't believe that I'd spanked her after being so happy to get her back. I'm not a crying type, nor a spanker but I was a mess of contradictions, sitting in the floor, crying. I'm crying now, recalling it. I finally got up and apologized to her and explained why I was so emotional and had hit her. I told her it was dangerous for little girls to wander the town without having told their parents where they were and got it through to her that she needed permission to visit classmates' homes after that. I vowed never to spank her again. I can't imagine that she could possibly fear me more than some stranger. We've gone over "stranger danger" since then and she hasn't disappeared anymore and I would never hit her again on getting her back, no matter how hysterical I became.
I didn't proofread so get over the typos...catcher.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#606313 Feb 26, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
So people who don't believe in god DON'T go to hell, they just disappear when the die?
I'm cool with that, but I think your religion disagrees.
you can choose to think what you wish, but if i were you, i'd seek out what's really gonna happen and what my obligation is to make things good. just say'n

Location hidden

#606314 Feb 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Fram filters are some of the best in the industry.
Yeah right, sure they are sparky. Cardboard is a good filtering element. LOL....

Location hidden

#606315 Feb 26, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
the blind leading the blind and both ending up in a hopeless pit
Yep. They are like lemmings.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#606316 Feb 26, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Can we all hit you instead?
LOL! what part of what i said offended you? do you have a lil out of control brat and your mad cuz i don't? do you like out of control brats disturbing public places? are you emasculated by wife and lil brats?

i'm confused as to what would offend anyone by saying essentially "let's each take responsibility to discipline our kids so they don't make the rest of us miserable"???

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#606317 Feb 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do it, man! It works!
We were at a restaurant, behind me these two people had a baby with them, in the carseat still. The baby was crying & crying & crying, then got louder & louder. It got to the point that the manager came over & asked the "dad" if they would "Please quiet the baby down, this isn't really a family restaurant."
Mr Dad got mad and told the manager where he can stick his opinion...
The manager left & the baby kept crying. My wife & I had a few choices: try to ignore it, get up and leave or stand up for ourselves. I chose the latter.
I turned my chair around and politely asked BOTH of them to please quiet the baby as we are all trying to have a nice dinner & date night here. The "dad" got a little pissy with me, too. He stood up as if to be aggresive towards me. I stood up as well & confronted the lil sumbitch. I told him if he doesn't shut that f_ckin baby up, I will.
Since I was about 6 inches taller and 75 lbs heavier, he politely complied.
You know what the baby wanted?
His bottle........
F_ckin people like that, people that can be so selfish and rude, dry me nuts.
yeah - other peoples kids get a little harder to spank when they're adults, but it's do-able;)

Location hidden

#606318 Feb 26, 2013
karl44 wrote:
What needs be done, is making the gun owner criminally responsible for the behaviour of his weapons.(regardless who employs them)
Individuals who are the victim of gun violence need sue the gun owner, for very large personal and punitive damages.
So That:
To feel secure the gun owner needs carry ten million of liability on each weapon.
Well stated. When they have to pay out the ass for their toys and bun nuts are held responsible for having them, many will think twice if it's worth some old warn out ideal. They should have the right to own them ONLY after they show responsibility through liability insurance to protect the victims of their weapons.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#606319 Feb 26, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you can choose to think what you wish, but if i were you, i'd seek out what's really gonna happen and what my obligation is to make things good. just say'n
lame dodge, bro.

Location hidden

#606320 Feb 26, 2013
karl44 wrote:
I support your freedom only to the extent that it does not interfere with mine.
Exactly!

Gun nuts are childish and selfish. They care only about themselves and not the rights of their victims. The poor children in Sandy hook no longer have life, liberty, or the pursuit of happiness, and neither do any other gun victim.
Rush

Columbus, NE

#606321 Feb 26, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Well stated. When they have to pay out the ass for their toys and bun nuts are held responsible for having them, many will think twice if it's worth some old warn out ideal. They should have the right to own them ONLY after they show responsibility through liability insurance to protect the victims of their weapons.
Great. But what about the million or so unregistered guns out there, that are held mostly by criminals? Do we just say, oh well close enough?

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#606322 Feb 26, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep proving that you've never heard the kind of talk that goes on inside of a women's locker room because MALES AREN'T ALLOWED IN THEM.
You must be high because that was completely unintelligible.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#606323 Feb 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, mr smart atheist.....
What freedoms of mine have interfered with your freedoms?
Spanking! Child abuse!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Oxbow 542,018
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 11 min RiccardoFire 36,859
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 14 min RiccardoFire 95,412
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 23 min onemale 259,114
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 43 min Student 38,687
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 52 min bacon hater 1,084
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Classic 1,805
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Seraphima 600,977
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr gto 173,632
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••