Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#605849 Feb 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you didn't notice, I did NOT try to disprove him......
I meant prove him.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#605850 Feb 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Close.
"There is more hope for fools than for people who think they are wise." Proverbs 26:12.
I remember you arguing that you are wise (becuase of your age).
Who's the fool now?
I'm not wise, I am wiser, but not at all wise, RR. No one really is.
And in proverbs, in the bible, another verse actually does say a fool is wise in his own eyes, bad excuse yet again, RR.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#605851 Feb 25, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> I always wondered what your problem was when I asked for proof and you never got back with me, thanks for clearing that up.
Proof of what?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#605852 Feb 25, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Just because someone has a child doesn't make them a real parent. Anyone can have a kid. That is NOT the same as being a real parent though. I think this is what you meant but just needed to be clear on the fine points. There are good loving "parents" and deadbeat abusive "parents".
In this world today you have to either become a acceptable parent, or lose your child. They DSS or CPS will see to that.
You don't have to be a bad parent for them to intrude in your life to find out.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#605853 Feb 25, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I make a comparison between spanking and beating? No. But I did point out that spanking is physical violence. Like I said, teach your kid that hitting is OK, and they are going to do it themselves. Spanking is a just a sign of a lack of parental skills IMHO. Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
I agree with that last sentence, but I don't see a spanking as abuse or physical violence.

A smack on the butt or back of the hand isn't violence, IMO.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#605854 Feb 25, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
You can easily prove me wrong. Simply cite some objective evidence that the specific deity you believe in exists. For extra points, you can also cite more objective evidence that the Bible is the inspired word of this deity.
Objective evidence? ooo la la

Identify and accept limits of personal knowledge.
Be conversant with key information.
Deepening of personal knowledge base.

I gave an ready done all that.

O_O

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#605855 Feb 25, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon Just, you know you won't get a rational discussion from waaas. He is only here to cruise chicks behind his wife's back in the name of Christ.
HA HA HA !!!

Poor waaaaasuuuup

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#605856 Feb 25, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
A swat hurts, and is meant to inflict pain with physical force, that is what violence means. How is spanking discipline? Causing children to fear their parents is not discipline, RR.
It teaches them right from wrong, cause & effect, consequences for actions.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#605857 Feb 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
At least you put effort into this, I cannot discount your entire explanation however there is something you are missing. The human brain, like all animals, is something that changes very little between generations, in other words, when you know how the brain itself works you can pretty much apply it to the next generations. Psychology is not like psychiatry, psychologists do not base their information on stereotypes and presumptions, they utilize a lot of other scientific fields, one they are fond of is neurology.
Neurology pretty much understands how the brain works, so well it can even pin point specific emotions and types of notions and predict how they will be reflected in tests. Basically, child psychology has been studying how the brain develops for so long, the amount of information used in that field can pretty much predict the responses of children to specific stimuli with little error.
So even if they do change through their lives, they will follow a specific pattern of development, it's part of the wiring.
All the knowledge of psychology in the world will not prepare you for actually being a parent. The closest thing to it is being a caretaker for animals, but this is not a good comparison either.
Because of dealing with others about the child in school and etc.

I raised 5 of them so I think I'm qualified to say so.
It's true knowing child psychology could possibly help but
it wont help you teach your child how to wipe or how to deal with the neighbors kids parents because your kid beat the other kid up or vice versa. It's really a you had to have been there to know kinda thing. It's like the biggest responsibility you could ever take and then some, and one you can't escape. At least without becoming a bad parent.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#605858 Feb 25, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you're saying is that you cannot prove Leprechauns don't exist?
Why is that?
Oh right - because one cannot prove a negative.
If someone is claiming something exists, then that someone should be able to prove it.
So, back to the topic of this discussion:
Prove there's a god.
"So what you're saying is that you cannot prove Leprechauns don't exist?"

LOL - no! i'm saying that i don't know & don't care if they do or don't, but i suspect that they don't.

if i were you tho, i would want to make sure that if there was a God/Savior, i'd take full advantage rather than oppose the idea:)
USG

Saint Louis, MO

#605859 Feb 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with that last sentence, but I don't see a spanking as abuse or physical violence.
Do you believe the same for your spouse or is it just a child that it's OK to hit?

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#605860 Feb 25, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
All the knowledge of psychology in the world will not prepare you for actually being a parent. The closest thing to it is being a caretaker for animals, but this is not a good comparison either.
Because of dealing with others about the child in school and etc.
I raised 5 of them so I think I'm qualified to say so.
It's true knowing child psychology could possibly help but
it wont help you teach your child how to wipe or how to deal with the neighbors kids parents because your kid beat the other kid up or vice versa. It's really a you had to have been there to know kinda thing. It's like the biggest responsibility you could ever take and then some, and one you can't escape. At least without becoming a bad parent.
I concur whole heartedly!
USG

Saint Louis, MO

#605861 Feb 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It teaches them right from wrong, cause & effect, consequences for actions.
Are you OK with schools hitting your children as well?

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#605862 Feb 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it?

San Francisco

#605863 Feb 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA HA !!!
Poor waaaaasuuuup
I was feeling more sympathy for the women he stalks, frankly.

San Francisco

#605864 Feb 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's violence, if less so than, say backhanding them across the face.

What is the point of a "smack"? Won't your authority be respected otherwise? Or is it just an easy way to vent your frustration?

San Francisco

#605865 Feb 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Objective evidence? ooo la la
Identify and accept limits of personal knowledge.
Be conversant with key information.
Deepening of personal knowledge base.
I gave an ready done all that.
O_O
OK, let's back up a bit here. Do you know what objective evidence is?
USG

Saint Louis, MO

#605866 Feb 25, 2013
Children who grow up with abuse are likely to grow up to be abusers...whether it's physical or mental. Good parents don't have to resort to hitting or mental abuse in order to teach a child right from wrong. Actually I teach my children not to hit and that hitting is wrong. If I were to turn around and hit my child then I would be wrong by my own words.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#605867 Feb 25, 2013
USG wrote:
<quoted text>
Did they deserve it?

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#605868 Feb 25, 2013
USG wrote:
<quoted text>
It IS the height of hypocrisy for a government employee to tell a kid to call 911 if their parent hits them to then turn around and claim it is their right to use corporal punishment on the same child because he/she did something that pissed THEM off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min June VanDerMark 568,612
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min Charlie Sheen 267,582
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 15 min Clear Dharma 514
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 22 min Paul is dead 2,959
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 32 min AN NFL FAN 120,768
Keystone pipeline wins Senate vote in victory f... 1 hr xxxrayted 16
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr ChromiuMan 5,761
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr mike 607,285
Scientific proof for God's existence 11 hr eyeful 642
More from around the web