|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain how it is different.
A cosmologist can spend years studying the stars and the universe, they will change very little over the course of a lifetime.
Children take a dynamic approach, because they change almost daily in their needs. The stress involved with dealing with them and the world makes a heavy responsibility a parent must carry and cope with.
It takes great strides of patience to do this and carry on with the other problems life presents.

The cosmologist can study at his leisure, dropping the subject altogether at times. With no consequences of abandonment, providing he is not teaching a class. But here is where they do find similarity, though the cosmologist has a hands off responsibility. In teaching the child, the parent is the teacher
for 18+ years with no weekends and no vacation time off and zero pay.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
A cosmologist can spend years studying the stars and the universe, they will change very little over the course of a lifetime.
Children take a dynamic approach, because they change almost daily in their needs. The stress involved with dealing with them and the world makes a heavy responsibility a parent must carry and cope with.
It takes great strides of patience to do this and carry on with the other problems life presents.
The cosmologist can study at his leisure, dropping the subject altogether at times. With no consequences of abandonment, providing he is not teaching a class. But here is where they do find similarity, though the cosmologist has a hands off responsibility. In teaching the child, the parent is the teacher
Well put. But I tend to think that being a parent is a lifetime commitment, not just the first 18 years.

I believe only people that are not parents would compare being a parent to a job.

I refuse to take any ignorant advice from people that don't know what they're talking about.

Like I said, it'd be like taking sex advice from a virgin.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
Why filter out my quote RR?
Because your posts are as retarded as you.
And you've learnt nothing in 46 years,
"learnt"?? What the hell do you know what learntedness I know....
I'm surprised you are 46 to be honest,
Honest? Shit, there's a first.
I don't even know if you look like a 30 year old to be frank.
Who's Frank & how do you know what he looks like?
You really are the big kid you are you are,[QUOTE]

Always.

I don't wanna grow up,
I'm a Toys R Us kid...

[QUOTE] geese!
ducks!
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Teacher?
Did you know, naive one, that this makes children assume and idealize their parents know this and that behavior, for the ideal know it all behavior to have? Teenagers try to know it all because they want to be grown up, blame it on the parents, for producing creating the message to the children that it is grown up to know it all. And blame it on yourself too!
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well put. But I tend to think that being a parent is a lifetime commitment, not just the first 18 years.
I believe only people that are not parents would compare being a parent to a job.
I refuse to take any ignorant advice from people that don't know what they're talking about.
How is it a lifetime commitment? Are you saying you are going to tell them how to live when they grow up?

And no, being a parent is not a job, it is a relationship.

To you, being a parent is being an authority figure, and being the one controlling something, you are a poor excuse for everything you try to represent, including a parent, you have been told this several times, so you should know.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
ducks!
RR, now you are going deranged.
"To be frank" is a saying, frank means to be clear, direct, and openly honest about something.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have kids, if it isn't?
Yes, I do.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Or marriage advice from a priest.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
ducks!
Enlighten me with your learnedness then, RR. Oh wise one.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Teacher?
Did you know, naive one, that this makes children assume and idealize their parents know this and that behavior, for the ideal know it all behavior to have? Teenagers try to know it all because they want to be grown up, blame it on the parents, for producing creating the message to the children that it is grown up to know it all. And blame it on yourself too!
What?
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I do.
How much time do you spend with them? How old are they now?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Cross checked for accuracy with older copies, but if the original was mythical what difference does it make how accurate the current Bible is? We already know that some of it has been verified to not be fact or literal, so with that knowledge it is not the work of a super entity who knows all, makes no errors, etc., etc.
I bet you can find copies of Harry Potter that can be determined to be 100% accurate right down to every period, but that confirms nothing about the real life existence of Harry Potter.
Remember man invented speech, language, writing, writing tools, means of preserving and storing these things, and 100% of a Bible is produced by man. Even the millions or billions of interpretations are man-made. No involvement of any superforce, god, deity, has ever been verified to have occurred.
Our accounts of man witnessing a god, or experiencing the 'hand of god' all come from some man's brain, and is transferred to paper or other forms of communication. We accumulate those reports and put some godly attachment to them.
Even if a man did experience 'something', all of our senses are processed and interpreted in our brains, so therefore whatever we experienced it was still filtered through the brain, and man has a great imagination, able to translate things which perhaps make no sense into whatever he wants them to mean.
Mass imagination is impossible. People don't die for a lie. People don't live a life of being beaten, whipped, stone, imprisioned, going with out food and not having enough clothes to keep warm and being crucified for a lie, it's not humanly possible for that many people to be deceived and to die for a lie. What is it that makes you not believe, is there something particular that seems to prevent you from believing. God loves you and he wants you to have a happy full life with life everlasting with him.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The children now are harder to deal with now than when we were kids too I think. Not because we were any better really, but rather the world is more complicated and communication is wider and instant.
There is one difference that is notable, and it isn't because the weapons have changed. The mass killing was unheard of back in the day. Some kids in my youth got mad and killed , but never more than the person they were mad at, I will never understand what causes the indiscriminate killing of people in mass.
Unless it is just infamy they seek it makes no sense to me at all.

At any rate parenting is ever growing to become more and more complicated. It used to be simple, but those days are gone forever.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain how it is different.
A cosmologist can take vacations from cosmology.

And stars never act like brats.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it a lifetime commitment? Are you saying you are going to tell them how to live when they grow up?
And no, being a parent is not a job, it is a relationship.
To you, being a parent is being an authority figure, and being the one controlling something, you are a poor excuse for everything you try to represent, including a parent, you have been told this several times, so you should know.
Your kids never stop being your kids.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The children now are harder to deal with now than when we were kids too I think. Not because we were any better really, but rather the world is more complicated and communication is wider and instant.
There is one difference that is notable, and it isn't because the weapons have changed. The mass killing was unheard of back in the day. Some kids in my youth got mad and killed , but never more than the person they were mad at, I will never understand what causes the indiscriminate killing of people in mass.
Unless it is just infamy they seek it makes no sense to me at all.
At any rate parenting is ever growing to become more and more complicated. It used to be simple, but those days are gone forever.
Kids have lots of stuff these days, tech does wonders(Or terrors)for both parents and kids.

“design is God's trademark”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a skeptic.
You made me believe you're yellodog.
your a skeptic about the things that matter most.
God, truth.

Me being yellodog is not important information.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
How much time do you spend with them? How old are they now?
They are 17, 17 and 18.

They live with their mother now, but I see them every day.

They're beyond hanging out with mom and dad at this age.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Teacher?
You make no sense, of course parents blame themselves.
But that's the part of being a parent, only a parent can understand.
Thanks for helping prove the POV of a parent.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

433 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 min Islamic Antisemitism 115,771
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min June VanDerMark 533,846
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min WasteWater 257,148
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 9 min andet1987 4,007
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 10 min Johnny 1,650
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min Rosa_Winkel 224,731
Do you enjoy seeing your sister nude / naked? (Sep '13) 12 min boy 326
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 42 min TakeMe 481
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••