Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#605912 Feb 25, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
So if your daughter ends a fight she turns into a man? Wow, does Jerry Springer know about this?
LMAO!

No, I don't have any daughters, I only have two sons. If I had a daughter, that catchphrase would be worded differently, believe me.

Worded differently, that phrase works even for a female. Never start a fight but always be ready to end one.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#605913 Feb 25, 2013
OOPS
Well here's a link to the ridiculous soda ban.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/13/health/new-york...

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#605914 Feb 25, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
no it does not.
changing ones icon, is permitable, and does not mean one is a liar because they choose to change icon names.
happens among many on here all the time.
if you breach someones ID you have every right to change ID's.
it pissed people off because they had to keep up with the persona's and they didn't like it because they couldn't deal with the truth to begin with.
NOT my problem.
No one is faulting you for changing your ID, Patty, it is your consistent lying which that has been going on here for over 4 years we object to, along with your constant going off topic to attack other posters, or to preach to them when the topic is nothing about preaching and/or posting Bible verses constantly when no one is interested in reading sometimes for the 1000th time Bible verses that we all know, and don't have anything to do with the gawd damned topics.

Location hidden

#605915 Feb 25, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
My dear Bianca, in my opinion Until we stand before God no one will ever be able to prove beyond any possibility of doubt that there is a God or that there isn't a God, that there are miracles or that there are no miracles, that Jesus rose from the dead or didn't rise from the dead or that the Bible is completely trustworthy or not. But for the believer, that is not necessary anyway.
The fact that you said that he is "crap" is at least some affirmation from you that he exists. One of my pastors once said :
"first we have hope and faith follows hope. If we do not have a hope, there is no room for faith. Faith stands on the roots of hope. Hope is not visible, but faith grows out of hope to be visible. Hope is the root where faith is the tree. If there is no root, there cannot be a tree"
-Pastor Randy
Faith can be a damn difficult concept to conceive of especially in our cynical dirtball world where it seems like the only acceptable things are items that can be observed by our five senses.
In my opinion, Faith in God is what goes beyond that and that varies from within each and every one of us.
I wish you well on your search for yours.
I think your explanation is good, Al, if a god really does exist, however I think man has pretty conclusively proved that where our concept of god comes from, which for us is our learning from Bible based teaching, is not true as once was believed. We know the Bible has absolute untruths in it. That has been proved.

That doesn't prove there is no god, naturally, but it does prove the claim that some make that the Bible is the inerrant 'Word of a perfect God'. It fails being that because parts have been proved to be untrue. Personally I was raised to believe that the Bible was not 100% fact so when I was a believer I had no problems with the contradictions. But for those who hang their beliefs on the Bible being 100% true, they are wrong, and therefore their "proof" of God is faulty, though not necessarily wrong. They might believe the right thing but for the wrong reasons, or for reasons that actually don't exist.

Nobody is going to prove a god doesn't exist, because that will always be an impossibility. Any evidence of the existence of a god would be helpful though, to those who are undecided about what to believe, but if we are all to be perfectly truthful, there is no evidence yet found of the existence of a god, except the fact that millions 'believe' there is a god.

If I was still a Christian I would be horribly embarrassed by the long list that Patty has given well over 1000 times of the absolute proofs that man has found. Not one item on her list is factual, though she and a few others here keep claiming they are.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#605916 Feb 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Guns aren't the problem.
Guns are clearly the problem, so are gun nuts like you.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#605917 Feb 25, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"So what you're saying is that you cannot prove Leprechauns don't exist?"
LOL - no! i'm saying that i don't know & don't care if they do or don't, but i suspect that they don't.
if i were you tho, i would want to make sure that if there was a God/Savior, i'd take full advantage rather than oppose the idea:)
Why?

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#605918 Feb 25, 2013
[QUOTE who="Mylan
"]<quoted text>Guns are clearly the problem, so are gun nuts like you.[/QUOTE]
More people are killed by drunk drivers every year than by guns. Lets ban cars.

More people are killed by hammers than rifles
Lets ban hammers.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

San Francisco

#605919 Feb 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not really. I'm not debating on the existence or non existence of Zeus...
It ain't worth my time.
LOL. That was a rather clumsy dodge.
What difference does that make to whether or not God is real?
If God isn't real, the Judeo-Christian God that I claim has touched me and spoken to me, then what God was it?
The answer is obvious. Same as every other person, past or present, who has similar experiences with a multitude of different gods: the God of Projection.

:)

Location hidden

#605920 Feb 25, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Did they deserve it?
Al, I came up through the generation of parents who were going to do things differently than we had experienced, and that was we were going to raise our kids without ever physically hitting them. Unfortunately, we failed at sticking to that when reality hit us in the face and we had one child (of the two) who was disruptive to the whole family regardless of what method we tried.

He got hit a few times, but it was never in an understood punishment for an understood consequence to something he knew he would get hit for. He was hit because we were angry and out of control of the situation.

Though our kids were not physically disciplined much, I am ashamed that they were at all, and I don't think that hitting a child is ever right (perhaps if you have to do something very abrupt to save their life, it might be ok). If we can think of the relative size of a child to their parent and imagine someone that many times as big as we are, and that person was to hit us, we would not only call the cops but he would likely go to prison and for a good long time. Regardless of whether our actions merited a violent reaction or not, physically responding to us in that manner, except in a legal war, or in the job of being a cop, is illegal.

If you strike a child hard enough so they know they are being punished for wrong doing, then you are hitting them too hard, and even though you might be the best parent in the world, you are still harming that child. You may win back the kid's trust and faith in you, by a whole lot of other positives, which my parents did. We all adored both of our parents, but we recognize that they were not good parents in some of their methods with us, and I think that affected how we manage in our lives now.

A child in a school setting should never be struck by a teacher. The teacher should be fired in the first instance he does that. However, the current (so I understand by what I hear as my kids are long out of school) fear that the teachers have that they have no control because they cannot do any form of discipline is also wrong, and I suspect a misunderstanding on the teachers' part. Kids should not have free rein to bully their teachers, ever, but a teacher has to gain the respect of his students by being respectful to them, and if he loses that respect, then he might as well look for work elsewhere, because he has lost the control he needs in his classroom.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

San Francisco

#605921 Feb 25, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
More people are killed by drunk drivers every year than by guns. Lets ban cars.
Driving drunk is banned. Also, cars must be registered and are tracked, and the owner is responsible for it's use. Excellent example.
More people are killed by hammers than rifles
Lets ban hammers.
Rifles specifically, or guns?

Location hidden

#605922 Feb 25, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, full disclosure, I have no kids, so my pontificating on how one should raise kids is not raised on any personal experience. So I am getting my opinions from how my parents raised me, and my own experiences as a kid myself. My parents never struck us, and would argue against doing so. So that's where I'm coming from.
I can't relate to hitting a child. Surely there are many superior ways to have a teachable moment that doesn't involve hitting. As another person on this thread pointed out, you can hardly teach your kids not to hit if you do it to them. IMHO most of the time hitting is just about the parent venting their anger and frustration.
I think you are right. If the parent wasn't angry he would realize that striking a human being that may be less than 1/4 his size is just not acceptable, and he would come to some other solution. Parents strike their kids either because they were raised that violence is what kids are suppose to experience, or because they are angry and lose control.

The only way that striking a child will stop their behavior is if it makes them afraid of pain, so they have to be harmed to make that effective, and that cannot be a good lesson to a child.

It is the same as most adults will cease doing whatever they are doing if you put a gun to their head and tell them to stop or they are dead - they fear the consequences so much that they will stop. That is not the way to gain someone's respect.

#605924 Feb 25, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Driving drunk is banned. Also, cars must be registered and are tracked, and the owner is responsible for it's use. Excellent example.
<quoted text>
Rifles specifically, or guns?
Rifles.

The point being is that its not the fault of the machine or device. Just the idiot behind it who misuses it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#605925 Feb 25, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. That was a rather clumsy dodge.
<quoted text>
The answer is obvious. Same as every other person, past or present, who has similar experiences with a multitude of different gods: the God of Projection.
:)
I suppose your "research" led you to that assumption?

Ok

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#605926 Feb 25, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Guns are clearly the problem, so are gun nuts like you.
Clear guns can be problematic, yes. They're best either black or chrome.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#605927 Feb 25, 2013
wilderide wrote:
Shooting people is banned, also.

That don't stop criminals.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#605928 Feb 25, 2013
boooots wrote:
Parents strike their kids either because they were raised that violence is what kids are suppose to experience, or because they are angry and lose control.
Fallacy if false dichotomy.

Try again.

#605929 Feb 25, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Al, I came up through the generation of parents who were going to do things differently than we had experienced, and that was we were going to raise our kids without ever physically hitting them. Unfortunately, we failed at sticking to that when reality hit us in the face and we had one child (of the two) who was disruptive to the whole family regardless of what method we tried.
He got hit a few times, but it was never in an understood punishment for an understood consequence to something he knew he would get hit for. He was hit because we were angry and out of control of the situation.
Though our kids were not physically disciplined much, I am ashamed that they were at all, and I don't think that hitting a child is ever right (perhaps if you have to do something very abrupt to save their life, it might be ok). If we can think of the relative size of a child to their parent and imagine someone that many times as big as we are, and that person was to hit us, we would not only call the cops but he would likely go to prison and for a good long time. Regardless of whether our actions merited a violent reaction or not, physically responding to us in that manner, except in a legal war, or in the job of being a cop, is illegal.
If you strike a child hard enough so they know they are being punished for wrong doing, then you are hitting them too hard, and even though you might be the best parent in the world, you are still harming that child. You may win back the kid's trust and faith in you, by a whole lot of other positives, which my parents did. We all adored both of our parents, but we recognize that they were not good parents in some of their methods with us, and I think that affected how we manage in our lives now.
A child in a school setting should never be struck by a teacher. The teacher should be fired in the first instance he does that. However, the current (so I understand by what I hear as my kids are long out of school) fear that the teachers have that they have no control because they cannot do any form of discipline is also wrong, and I suspect a misunderstanding on the teachers' part. Kids should not have free rein to bully their teachers, ever, but a teacher has to gain the respect of his students by being respectful to them, and if he loses that respect, then he might as well look for work elsewhere, because he has lost the control he needs in his classroom.
I believe that
Children should respect those in authority. I believe that those in authority should use that authority wisely. I also believe that if I trust those in authority and I feel that they are honest and have my child's best interest in mind, then they have my ok.
endtime

AOL

#605938 Feb 25, 2013

----#---- NEXT POPE is ANTICHRIST

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#605939 Feb 25, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Do schools still use the paddles? I remember seeing them in the Vice Principals office back in the late 70's and thought they had gone the way of the dinosaur.
I'm sure that there's some Catholic schools with rulers and nuns with the names of Sister Mary Stigmata or Sister Bertilla the nun anxious to try them out on someone's knuckles......
There are states that still allow corporal punishment.:(

#605942 Feb 25, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>There are states that still allow corporal punishment.:(
Ouch!!!:/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to Recover Deleted Messages from iPhone wit... (May '13) 1 hr Wanckerty 59
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 2 hr diseases 546
some blacks want reparations for slavery via wh... (Sep '11) 2 hr reparations 42
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 hr Alt Right Lies 2,489
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr Phooey 678,912
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 hr ROCCO 118,964
Canned pet food contains parasites 5 hr Purina Is Evil 1
More from around the web