Prove there's a god.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#605714 Feb 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, I don't get how people can, in their minds, justify abusing a child.
Give it up. We all know what you would like to do to them.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#605715 Feb 25, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
A cosmologist can take vacations from cosmology.
And stars never act like brats.
Actually, they do often "act like brats," very often really. There are many anomalies that cosmologists often have to study which force them to rethink certain aspects of how stars "behave." But that's besides the point, you still haven't demonstrated how they are different from children? Better, explain how the study of humans differs because of age.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#605716 Feb 25, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
A cosmologist can spend years studying the stars and the universe, they will change very little over the course of a lifetime.
Children take a dynamic approach, because they change almost daily in their needs. The stress involved with dealing with them and the world makes a heavy responsibility a parent must carry and cope with.
It takes great strides of patience to do this and carry on with the other problems life presents.
The cosmologist can study at his leisure, dropping the subject altogether at times. With no consequences of abandonment, providing he is not teaching a class. But here is where they do find similarity, though the cosmologist has a hands off responsibility. In teaching the child, the parent is the teacher
for 18+ years with no weekends and no vacation time off and zero pay.
At least you put effort into this, I cannot discount your entire explanation however there is something you are missing. The human brain, like all animals, is something that changes very little between generations, in other words, when you know how the brain itself works you can pretty much apply it to the next generations. Psychology is not like psychiatry, psychologists do not base their information on stereotypes and presumptions, they utilize a lot of other scientific fields, one they are fond of is neurology.

Neurology pretty much understands how the brain works, so well it can even pin point specific emotions and types of notions and predict how they will be reflected in tests. Basically, child psychology has been studying how the brain develops for so long, the amount of information used in that field can pretty much predict the responses of children to specific stimuli with little error.

So even if they do change through their lives, they will follow a specific pattern of development, it's part of the wiring.

Since: May 11

Brighton, UK

#605717 Feb 25, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
if that is your conclusion then all i can say is not only are you illogical, and without common sense but you are equally a piss-poor judge of character as well.
just because you personally reject God, doesn't make those of us who know and love God are miserable.
on the contrary Mr. C
we are HAPPIER than those who are without God.
because the world can not give you the joy and peace that ONLY God can give you.
Fact is without God misery is your gain.
Madam you just told the world that your greatest reward will be upon your death...and that`s how you live.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#605718 Feb 25, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>But most of them also have no problem with what you want to do to young boys, so I'll ignore most of those psychos opinions.
Wow, your assertions have provided solid evidence that you are a liar, and since you have been called out on it, you resort to simple baseless allegations now with an attempt at insult. You really need to be psychologically evaluated by a professional before you go any further off the deep end.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#605720 Feb 25, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>"Knowing" and "doing" are two different things. Reading a book about how to raise a kid does not mean that a person will do a good job of it. It's like reading instructions on how to ride a horse.
BTW, psych workers have a high incidence of suicide attempts. Suicidal people have a tendency to not respect other peoples' life either, killing family and/or enemies on the day they choose to die. You make a poor case of childless people being better at something they've never done before than someone who has.
You cannot "do" anything correctly without "knowing" about it first.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#605721 Feb 25, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you teach your children to do and believe whatever you tell them rather than teaching them how to do the right thing?
We've been over this. You don't pay attention.

Location hidden

#605722 Feb 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like saying a cosmologist can't know anything about the stars unless they spend some time on one.
No it's not. It's impossible for anybody to spend time "on" a star, it's not impossible to spend time with a child.
You should give up trying to make analogies when you don't understand the concept. Take a Comp 1 class, shelter stalker. It covers the basics of *compare and contrast*.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#605724 Feb 25, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
So you suck up to the constitution rather than what is right, RR?
The constitution IS right.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#605725 Feb 25, 2013
Blanca2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am Very confused here... nobody can prove there is a God in this forum... they keep saying prove that there is not one.
I know there is not!
Show me your God! What a bunch this God CRAP is!
My dear Bianca, in my opinion Until we stand before God no one will ever be able to prove beyond any possibility of doubt that there is a God or that there isn't a God, that there are miracles or that there are no miracles, that Jesus rose from the dead or didn't rise from the dead or that the Bible is completely trustworthy or not. But for the believer, that is not necessary anyway.
The fact that you said that he is "crap" is at least some affirmation from you that he exists. One of my pastors once said :

"first we have hope and faith follows hope. If we do not have a hope, there is no room for faith. Faith stands on the roots of hope. Hope is not visible, but faith grows out of hope to be visible. Hope is the root where faith is the tree. If there is no root, there cannot be a tree"
-Pastor Randy

Faith can be a damn difficult concept to conceive of especially in our cynical dirtball world where it seems like the only acceptable things are items that can be observed by our five senses.
In my opinion, Faith in God is what goes beyond that and that varies from within each and every one of us.
I wish you well on your search for yours.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#605727 Feb 25, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>No it's not. It's impossible for anybody to spend time "on" a star, it's not impossible to spend time with a child.
You should give up trying to make analogies when you don't understand the concept. Take a Comp 1 class, shelter stalker. It covers the basics of *compare and contrast*.
Your baseless accusations know no bounds, and your dishonesty is rather humorous. Your cluelessness on matters of science are saddening though.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#605728 Feb 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
We've been over this. You don't pay attention.
No, we haven't! Not enough for me! And don't get literal with me, pup!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#605729 Feb 25, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It's worse for her than that even.
http://gunssavelives.net/blog/all-florida-she... #
HA HA ! That's awesome.

Now if FL can just do something about all those illegal Cubans.....
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#605730 Feb 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That is correct, but you have 0 reason for believing it, do you?

Location hidden

#605731 Feb 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot "do" anything correctly without "knowing" about it first.
If that was true no woman would ever look forward to getting pregnant. As with any sport or art, or profession, "practice makes perfect". Some of us are naturally more adept at certain things than other people but still need hands-on experience to perfect a craft.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#605732 Feb 25, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Aw, heck, ya beat me to it.
My apologies my dear. I just cut in front of you.
I'll go back to the end of the line.:)

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#605733 Feb 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So slavery is right? We have to amend it all the time to coincide with our changing morals, if it was right then it would not need amending at all.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#605734 Feb 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, "Gods" don't exist, there's only one God.
All evidence to the contrary...

Location hidden

#605735 Feb 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, your assertions have provided solid evidence that you are a liar, and since you have been called out on it, you resort to simple baseless allegations now with an attempt at insult. You really need to be psychologically evaluated by a professional before you go any further off the deep end.
Says the creep who dresses like woman, espouses asexuality and uses a voice modulator on his cartoon embellished vlogs in an attempt to deceive the young people of Seattle into trusting him, believing him. For all your extensive efforts to the contrary, you resemble an eel more than a soft, fluffy lure.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#605736 Feb 25, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
then prove to me beyond a shadow of a doubt how everything came to be.
and why it continues on a course that was outlined in detail in the ancient scriptures long ago and is being fulfilled 100% in unfolding revelation today.
if there is no God
then there is no purpose.
if there is no God
then there is no reason or meaning to life being here at all.
if there is no God
then there is no hope.
if there is no God
then there is no spirit or soul
if there is no God
then all you are is a physcial body rotting from the time you are born.
it there is no God
then there is no right and wrong, no morality and no need to follow a moral code at all.
if there is no God
there is no justice,
no real sense of 'love', and no boundry of accountibility.
It takes far more faith to be an atheist than it does to be a believer in God.
if there is no God you should have no difficulty creating a single grain of sand from scratch.
or proving with 100% clarity how life came to be from nothingness.
you should be able to explain away every single miracle
you should be able to discredit every eye wittness of Christ
and you should be able to dislocate the holy scriptures from the position they have held from the begining of history.
you can't.
all you can do is choose to PERSONALLY reject God based on self interest.
thats all you have,'self'.
There is purpose, meaning, reason, hope, justice, love, morality, right, wrong, and so much more - all without god. No god is required for any of those things, Patty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 min INSPECTOR Nr 2 44,449
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Gods r Delusions ... 641,815
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min INSPECTOR Nr 2 104,753
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 41 min karl44 38,516
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 44 min RiccardoFire 301
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Steve III 618,436
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 280,911
More from around the web