Prove there's a god.

Since: May 11

Brighton, UK

#605696 Feb 25, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
then prove to me beyond a shadow of a doubt how everything came to be.
and why it continues on a course that was outlined in detail in the ancient scriptures long ago and is being fulfilled 100% in unfolding revelation today.
if there is no God
then there is no purpose.
if there is no God
then there is no reason or meaning to life being here at all.
if there is no God
then there is no hope.
if there is no God
then there is no spirit or soul
if there is no God
then all you are is a physcial body rotting from the time you are born.
it there is no God
then there is no right and wrong, no morality and no need to follow a moral code at all.
if there is no God
there is no justice,
no real sense of 'love', and no boundry of accountibility.
It takes far more faith to be an atheist than it does to be a believer in God.
if there is no God you should have no difficulty creating a single grain of sand from scratch.
or proving with 100% clarity how life came to be from nothingness.
you should be able to explain away every single miracle
you should be able to discredit every eye wittness of Christ
and you should be able to dislocate the holy scriptures from the position they have held from the begining of history.
you can't.
all you can do is choose to PERSONALLY reject God based on self interest.
thats all you have,'self'.
...how thoroughly miserable your life must be.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#605697 Feb 25, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Bugs Bunny was born to save us. He gives us communion for everlasting life.
I have factual reasons for believing in God, but RR mught as well believe in bugsbunny!
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#605698 Feb 25, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
probably correct, as they did not exist at all
Ya wouldn't know, would ya really.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#605699 Feb 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone can give birth - but to be a parent takes a lifelong committment.
You never stop being a parent - no matter what your age or the kid's age.
My dad is in his 70's and I still call on him for advice just as he called on his dad until the end.
He is commited to me, as I am to my children, until the day we die.
Unless you are a parent you will never know the joy, the heartache, the commitment, or the love...
You smarmy pile of CRAP.

Just a very little while ago, you posted that you "tend to think" parenting is a lifetime commitment and NOW you say with certainty that it IS?

You are such a wishy-washy LOSER!

And no....you said you would DISOWN your kids if they told you they were gay, so you have LIED yet again.

Or else you don't know the meaning of the word "disown" and you obviously don't.

You keep proving that your own BRAIN disowned you and wants nothing further to do with you.

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#605700 Feb 25, 2013
God created us, if your a muslim I understand your belief, but atheists are idiots. They are careless and did you know about 5 atheists were arrested in my country for insulting people and their beliefs

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#605701 Feb 25, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it must be. Honeysuckler is a miserable PERSON; if one's persona is that of total and abject misery such as is the case with her, it only stands to reason that her LIFE is miserable.

But- no worries- Honeysuckler is too willfully ignorant and intellectually lazy to even be able to begin to understand just what a miserable person she truly is; for her, her ignorance truly IS a state of bliss.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#605702 Feb 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Most child psychologists never have kids.
Many teachers never have kids.
Lots of people who never have kids know how to raise them better than most of those who do have kids.

With all due respect i disagree. To be educated in a subject without experience that does not contain your own personal experience is not the best way to go. Without personal knowledge and hands on experience on raising a child you only see the child under certain conditions.
Ask any parent about when the child asked them about a question from left field that just left them ( the parent) speechless.
The child that couldn't sleep and needed to be hugged at 2 in the morning. Preparing their favorite pancakes with just the right amount of chocolate chips. Little idiosyncrasies and subtle cues that a parent knows and picks up on. Private bonding moments, That one time when a lady bug landed on their hand and a wonderful moment in time happens and neither the child or parent will never forget that smile and the glow in their child's eyes.
Screaming your head off in the stands when your kid gets their first base hit and your child smiles at you from first base when they realize that all that time practicing in the park with you has finally payed off.
A real "professional" only spends a limited amount of time with that child under a somewhat limited environment.
Unless you are or have been a parent, just being book smart doesn't cut it in my opinion.

Location hidden

#605703 Feb 25, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
Is that why you married late?
People marry late for many reasons. In fact today the trend is to wait longer to get married, which is good because there is usually less divorce that way. Not sure what asking them this has anything to do with proving your "god".

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#605704 Feb 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Most child psychologists never have kids.
Many teachers never have kids.
Lots of people who never have kids know how to raise them better than most of those who do have kids.
"Knowing" and "doing" are two different things. Reading a book about how to raise a kid does not mean that a person will do a good job of it. It's like reading instructions on how to ride a horse.

BTW, psych workers have a high incidence of suicide attempts. Suicidal people have a tendency to not respect other peoples' life either, killing family and/or enemies on the day they choose to die. You make a poor case of childless people being better at something they've never done before than someone who has.

Location hidden

#605705 Feb 25, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect i disagree. To be educated in a subject without experience that does not contain your own personal experience is not the best way to go. Without personal knowledge and hands on experience on raising a child you only see the child under certain conditions.
Ask any parent about when the child asked them about a question from left field that just left them ( the parent) speechless.
The child that couldn't sleep and needed to be hugged at 2 in the morning. Preparing their favorite pancakes with just the right amount of chocolate chips. Little idiosyncrasies and subtle cues that a parent knows and picks up on. Private bonding moments, That one time when a lady bug landed on their hand and a wonderful moment in time happens and neither the child or parent will never forget that smile and the glow in their child's eyes.
Screaming your head off in the stands when your kid gets their first base hit and your child smiles at you from first base when they realize that all that time practicing in the park with you has finally payed off.
A real "professional" only spends a limited amount of time with that child under a somewhat limited environment.
Unless you are or have been a parent, just being book smart doesn't cut it in my opinion.
Aw, heck, ya beat me to it.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#605706 Feb 25, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Its amazing how many different Christian sects think their church is the one true church and all the other Christians are going straight to hell.
What a bizarre religion...
I agree

Location hidden

#605707 Feb 25, 2013
John Holmes wrote:
Yes there is a God as i give my wife about 30 orgasms a week she always hollars out"OH MY GOD"!... I believe her......and YES, Im that good!
Praise GOD!
Odd, you gave your "husband" a hand job on another forum, with the exact same results.

Freak.

Location hidden

#605708 Feb 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You never stop being a parent - no matter what your age or the kid's age.
Just because someone has a child doesn't make them a real parent. Anyone can have a kid. That is NOT the same as being a real parent though. I think this is what you meant but just needed to be clear on the fine points. There are good loving "parents" and deadbeat abusive "parents".

“design is God's trademark”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#605709 Feb 25, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
if that is your conclusion then all i can say is not only are you illogical, and without common sense but you are equally a piss-poor judge of character as well.

just because you personally reject God, doesn't make those of us who know and love God are miserable.
on the contrary Mr. C
we are HAPPIER than those who are without God.
because the world can not give you the joy and peace that ONLY God can give you.
Fact is without God misery is your gain.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#605710 Feb 25, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>People marry late for many reasons. In fact today the trend is to wait longer to get married, which is good because there is usually less divorce that way. Not sure what asking them this has anything to do with proving your "god".
30's is more common today. 40's would be late.

Location hidden

#605711 Feb 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I concur with you on spanking, it is child abuse, most psychologists also agree that it is abuse.
But most of them also have no problem with what you want to do to young boys, so I'll ignore most of those psychos opinions.

Location hidden

#605712 Feb 25, 2013
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>26Feb13.....
.....BobLoblah has always said that the Old Testament contains a lot of nonsense. Its the New Testament that counts.
Ps:....To spare the rod is to spoil the child. You obviously along with Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan never got the rod while Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, Harrison Ford, Winston Churchill, George S. Patton, Ronald Regan and George W. Bush, and BobLoblah dit.
Go Figure.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Um, I suspect Lindsey would like a good ass smacking, which would defeat the purpose it was intended for. ;)

Location hidden

#605713 Feb 25, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
then prove to me beyond a shadow of a doubt how everything came to be.
Just because we as humans may not understand this yet, doesn't mean your assumption about your "god" is right. An ant doesn't, and couldn't understand math, but as you know from going to school that doesn't mean it's not real. It took a long time for people to accept the fact that Earth wasn't the center of everything, but as humans we learn. Scientist are getting closer to learning "how things came to be" but we need more information and time. That however isn't proof of your "god".

Location hidden

#605714 Feb 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, I don't get how people can, in their minds, justify abusing a child.
Give it up. We all know what you would like to do to them.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#605715 Feb 25, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
A cosmologist can take vacations from cosmology.
And stars never act like brats.
Actually, they do often "act like brats," very often really. There are many anomalies that cosmologists often have to study which force them to rethink certain aspects of how stars "behave." But that's besides the point, you still haven't demonstrated how they are different from children? Better, explain how the study of humans differs because of age.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 min ChristineM 445,751
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Regina 646,875
Bring back thd human sexuality forum? 4 min Bodrick 12
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 min Doctor Peace 105,674
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Peter Ross 49,350
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 6 min KellyP in Jersey 2,100
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 24 min Peter Ross 751
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 4 hr patsy the shared ... 26
More from around the web