Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Just Think wrote:
Nice. Its a lost art, being a father...
Indeed.

Too many "fathers" are merely sperm donating assholes that don't really care about their kids.

Too many "moms" are merely egg donating bitches that don't really care about their kids.

Too many "parents" are too worried about being their kid's friend first, parent second.

Too many "parents" are too worried about hurting their kid's feeling by being truthful & honest with them.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You laughed about it, with capital "HAHAHA"'s. You even said you admired that they obeyed what you did, without questioning.
You always pick on your children RR, but when someone bigger comes along, you back off and flatter them, with your poor excuse for charm.
See?

More bullshit coming from the land of Largelanguage....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
get yourself a good Hebrew/Greek concordanace.
cross ref that word
staff or rod and you will find that the two words along with a few other examples mean one in the same.
rod, staff, stick, etc..........
and my parents did discipline me with a spanking when i needed it.
and as an adult i can look back and say i am glad they loved me enough to correct my behavior.
the bible says anyone who doesn't spank a disobedient child hates his or her child.
"He that spareth his rod HATETH his son; but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes." Prov 13:24
Nice.

But these atheist liberal loons will now start calling you a child abuser...

*sigh*

“design is God's trademark”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT?!?!
"force them to earn a living"??!!??!!??
That IS life, Koder.
are these people seriously for real?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you still not communicating with your mom?
I disowned my dad when I was 19, it lasted almost 3 years. We eventually reconciled and we're the better for it.
The lawyers of her estate have been trying to contact me to let me know where she is buried ... I have not read one of their letters once I knew why they were being sent.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
get yourself a good Hebrew/Greek concordanace.
cross ref that word
staff or rod and you will find that the two words along with a few other examples mean one in the same.
rod, staff, stick, etc..........
and my parents did discipline me with a spanking when i needed it.
and as an adult i can look back and say i am glad they loved me enough to correct my behavior.
the bible says anyone who doesn't spank a disobedient child hates his or her child.
"He that spareth his rod HATETH his son; but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes." Prov 13:24
So now you give your own definition for the word "chasteneth" or "chasten" and you equate it with meting out physical violence upon children.

The word "chasteneth"/"c hasten" has NOTHING to do with HITTING/SPANKING.

Definition of CHASTEN
: to correct by punishment or suffering : discipline; also : purify
a : to prune (as a work or style of art) of excess, pretense, or falsity : refine
b : to cause to be more humble or restrained : subdue

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cha...

Way to go- twisting the meaning of the actual word in order to attempt to justify that you are in favor of physically abusing children.

Too bad your parents didn't love you enough to correct your behavior through reasoning with you and using words, but instead "loved" you just enough to HIT you.

I am all in favor of children being disciplined; however, spanking and/or hitting children only instills fear in them and doesn't explain to them why their actions or words were wrong in addition to sending the message that it's acceptable to settle arguments, disputes or wrongdoings by use of physical force.

You so-called Christians sure do like to resort to physical violence.

IF your Jesus existed as the son of your god, you cause both your god and your Jesus to shed copious tears.

You're an embarrassment to your religion or to at least the true meaning and the actual tenets of Christianity.
Rush

Columbus, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitting doesn't have to cause injury.
No, that is what a spank on the ass is for. What a spanking is to me, a swat on the rump, and I have done to my kids maybe twice in their lives. Too many people want to wrap their kids in bubble wrap so they dont get hurt. When I was a kid, a spanking was a beat down. Huge diffrence between a hit, and a spank. And I have to ask, with all of this insightfull parenting, How many kids do you have? Do you practice what you preach? Or do you just preach? Are they wonderfull children untill they turn 13, and then they are scum? Verbal abuse is 1000 times worse than any spank on the butt.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
are these people seriously for real?
It's hard to imagine that they are serious.

I mean, "forcing you kids to earn a living" is a bad thing?!?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The lawyers of her estate have been trying to contact me to let me know where she is buried ... I have not read one of their letters once I knew why they were being sent.
She's dead?

Do you have any remorse or regret?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
Too bad your parents didn't love you enough to correct your behavior through reasoning with you and using words, but instead "loved" you just enough to HIT you.
Do you think that parents that use spanking ONLY spank?

Don't be so naive.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that is what a spank on the ass is for. What a spanking is to me, a swat on the rump, and I have done to my kids maybe twice in their lives. Too many people want to wrap their kids in bubble wrap so they dont get hurt. When I was a kid, a spanking was a beat down. Huge diffrence between a hit, and a spank. And I have to ask, with all of this insightfull parenting, How many kids do you have? Do you practice what you preach? Or do you just preach? Are they wonderfull children untill they turn 13, and then they are scum? Verbal abuse is 1000 times worse than any spank on the butt.
Yup.

My dad used to beat my ass to a pulp, my brothers too. I used to hate him, but I have forgiven him.

My wife's dad used to call her a "c_nt" every day. She can't get over it & she can't seem to forgive him.
midlightinsomnia c

Voorhees, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

uh.. god is like uh.. cool..i like god..

he makes you win stuff..

I don't believe he answers prayer though i believe other stuff happens because of God..
Rush

Columbus, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup.
My dad used to beat my ass to a pulp, my brothers too. I used to hate him, but I have forgiven him.
My wife's dad used to call her a "c_nt" every day. She can't get over it & she can't seem to forgive him.
My dad was a great guy, who was very old school. When Mom said to wait till dad got home, I think I know a little bit what it must feel like to be on death row.LOL He would smack me, but I most likely deserved it, it was only for doing something wrong, he didnt hit me to be hitting me. I knew the rules, and what would happen if I broke them. But I never hated him for it, but that being said, I would never do that to my kids. Big diffrence between a smack on the butt, and total beat down. LOL
midlightinsomnia c

Voorhees, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

yea people hit me when i was a kid.. it never hurt though...

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
She's dead?
Do you have any remorse or regret?
Why should I? She was a child abuser, I have no remorse for a child abuser of any sort, I would have no remorse for you if you died for that very reason.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
No form of abuse is good, none of it. There is no such thing as "insightful parenting," you have to learn it from experts or you will fail at it.
Well

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
A believer has no obligation to prove to a nonbeliever there is a God. If you don't believe in God you have deliberately failed to see what is all around you. Not only the beauty of nature, the love shown among all humanity, the acts of kindness by believers AND non-believers.
You are probably like many others who focus you attention on all the evil things going on around you. The seemingly cruel side of nature, the thorns on the roses, and the war and the injustice and the hate among all humanity. So you decide their cannot be a God who is LOVE and that He created all things.
The one thing God did not create is evil. Maybe God exists because evil exist and visa versa. LOVE WINS OVER EVIL IN THE FINAL OUTCOME! yes, this is what Christians CHOOSE to believe. Anything else gives us no HOPE!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>So now you give your own definition for the word "chasteneth" or "chasten" and you equate it with meting out physical violence upon children.
The word "chasteneth"/"c hasten" has NOTHING to do with HITTING/SPANKING.
Definition of CHASTEN
: to correct by punishment or suffering : discipline; also : purify
a : to prune (as a work or style of art) of excess, pretense, or falsity : refine
b : to cause to be more humble or restrained : subdue
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cha...
Way to go- twisting the meaning of the actual word in order to attempt to justify that you are in favor of physically abusing children.
I am all in favor of children being disciplined; however, spanking and/or hitting children only instills fear in them and doesn't explain to them why their actions or words were wrong in addition to sending the message that it's acceptable to settle arguments, disputes or wrongdoings by use of physical force.
You so-called Christians sure do like to resort to physical violence.
IF your Jesus existed as the son of your god, you cause both your god and your Jesus to shed copious tears.
You're an embarrassment to your religion or to at least the true meaning and the actual tenets of Christianity.
I'm sorry what part of that scripture that specifically says
(he that spareth his rod hateth his son; BUT he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes. don't you understand?

what part of prov 23:14 that says if you spank him you will deliever his soul from hell don't you understand?

the scriptures tell you that if you decline to spank a disobedient child you don't love that child as you should.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard to imagine that they are serious.
I mean, "forcing you kids to earn a living" is a bad thing?!?
I shiver to think what another 25 to 50 years will produce.

IF we are even here that long.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 574,441 - 574,460 of719,944
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

392 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min Buck Crick 223,996
Tony Dungy was right 10 min dirty white boy- 11
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min confrinting with the word 532,268
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 26 min Naveen kumar 4,454
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 32 min Porkpie Hat 256,349
The world can't deny the REALITY of the Europea... 54 min Doctor REALITY 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Clearwater 172,193
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 hr RATTYslayer 114,939
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••