“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#604743 Feb 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're 100% left wing liberal, that's for sure.
If a child says "f_ck you, mom!", you would try to talk it out, huh?
I wouldn't. I would smack that disrespectul little bastard right in that maw. When they're all done crying, then we can talk it out...
Just because you don't like the word, you think hitting them for saying it is okay. That's abuse.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#604744 Feb 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. As I said, "hit" is the wrong word. You're trying to demonize a perfectly normal & safe parental practice.
Spank the butt, pop the mouth, etc.
I don't know how to word it right, but HIT is the wrong word.
Hit is a perfect word, RR. It is impact from something touch another object with force again it. HIT!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#604745 Feb 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, forgetting what you are like as a child is as old a tradition as society itself. lol Every generation always says that the younger generations are somehow worse than they were, yet not once has this ever been demonstrated accurate in any way.
I remember being a child, I opposed authority all the time, reveled in it even. My friends and I hacked into the school wiring, it was all physical wiring not digital hacking but actually rewiring the system, and took control of the intercom system then played "We Are The Champions" over intercoms just to piss off the principal. We never got caught for that one. But I was expelled from school more times than I can recall, and it was always because I wanted to spite authority in some way.
My brother and I got into an argument once, I almost killed him, had the knife to his throat. He grabbed the blade and broke it though, cheap kitchen knives. I was 16, he was 15.
My friends and I once got really bored and tore up all the tape used for the temporary lines on the road during construction and made a huge peace sign in the middle of the housing development. Turned out that was somehow a "nice" thing, we were hoping for vandalism but got called good kids for "reminding the world we need peace." Sometimes things just don't work out as you plan.
Are you familiar with the following from "Bye Bye Birdie"?

"Kids!
I don't know what's wrong with these kids today!
Kids!
Who can understand anything they say?
Kids!
They a disobedient, disrespectful oafs!
Noisy, crazy, dirty, lazy, loafers!
While we're on the subject:
Kids!
You can talk and talk till your face is blue!
Kids!
But they still just do what they want to do!

Why can't they be like we were,
Perfect in every way?
What's the matter with kids today?

Kids!
I've tried to raise him the best I could
Kids! Kids!
Laughing, singing, dancing, grinning, morons!
And while we're on the subject!

Kids! They are just impossible to control!
Kids! With their awful clothes and their rock an' roll!
Why can't they dance like we did
What's wrong with Sammy Caine?
What's the matter with kids today!

http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/byebyebirdie/k...

;-)

“design is God's trademark”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#604746 Feb 22, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Spanking takes away love from the child, perhaps such abuse has turned you into such a monster!
Look around you, the reason the society is a hundred times worse today, than it was 50 yrs ago is because this new generation is ANTI-spanking.
The bible says spar the rod, spoil the child.
spanking is NOT beaeting there is a big difference.
the majority of young people today have NO respect for anyone but themselves. A time out won't instill respect for authority figures.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#604747 Feb 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
First, provide evidence that there is more theft by children today than any other era in the US, dare you to try.
Second, so allowing the kid to know that hot == ouch the first time, and then never having to worry about the kid seriously hurting themselves with fire in the future is bad to you, but hitting them for something as inane as saying a word you don't like is good to you? You are one of the worst parents in the US.
You are completely misunderstanding me. I didn't say that the kid touching the hot stove thing was a bad idea, I've used that logic with my kids through the whole childhood. They're going to do stuff that hurts him, but usually they'll only do it once.

"Hitting" is what you do in a bar fight. "Spanking" is what you do to a child. Don't confuse the two.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#604748 Feb 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't. I would smack that disrespectul little bastard right in that maw. When they're all done crying, then we can talk it out...
I would, and have the patience to talk it over with a child, if he even called me a worthless shit and the scum of the earth, and would even show patience if he tried to humiliate me RR!

How could you possibly have such a nature to want to call a child a little bastard and punch him!?!?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#604749 Feb 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know your kids' outlook on life.
Of course I don't, I don't know them, but I could probably guess it better than you could.
Indulge me.....
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#604750 Feb 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
When you had done that, he would be discouraged from talking to you. And is this how you want to get a childs attention? You really are a sadistic control freak aren't you?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#604751 Feb 22, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
well now that just goes to show you, how totally uninformed and wrong you are.
Every word of the bible from Genesis to Revelation is equally important.
You don't cherry pick God's word.
You also don't change God's word, it changes you.
Who is this "you" you're referring to- because it sure isn't me.

At any rate, PLENTY of "Christians" here do in FACT cherry pick from the bible.

So perhaps your words would be better addressed to those who do, which does not include me since I find the bible to be nothing more than a book of fairy tales/parables/myths that was in FACT written by mere mortal men as a means to control the masses and to keep them as ignorant, as fearful and as stupid as possible.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#604752 Feb 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You are completely misunderstanding me. I didn't say that the kid touching the hot stove thing was a bad idea, I've used that logic with my kids through the whole childhood. They're going to do stuff that hurts him, but usually they'll only do it once.
"Hitting" is what you do in a bar fight. "Spanking" is what you do to a child. Don't confuse the two.
No, spanking is also hitting.

hitting present participle of hit (Verb)
Verb
Bring one's hand or a tool or weapon into contact with (someone or something) quickly and forcefully.
Accidentally strike (part of one's body) against something, often causing injury.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#604753 Feb 22, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
Look around you, the reason the society is a hundred times worse today, than it was 50 yrs ago is because this new generation is ANTI-spanking.
the majority of young people today have NO respect for anyone but themselves. A time out won't instill respect for authority figures.
In the hebrew, in proverbs, the word is staff, not rod, a whole different context. And I bet your parents thought the same about you.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#604754 Feb 22, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't listen to you, perhaps for good reason RR, you experienced it with your own kids because of your fault alone! Your sons don't respect you, they probably only flatter you to earn your approval, or because they fear otherwise, or feel guilty. In what way do they respect you?
They are good kids, so leave them alone!
Who doesn't listen to me, my kids?! HA HA HA !!!!

I say jump, they jump. They don't even ask "how high?"......

They are good kids because I've trained them to be good kids. I haven't spammed them in over ten years....

They never talk back, they get their business done first, they both have over a 3.5 GPA & are BOTH on the Honor Roll at school.

Their beds are always made, their room always picked up, their teeth always brushed, their bellies always full & their minds always stimulated. They don't sit around & play video games or Internet all friggin day.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#604755 Feb 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't believe that anyone would think disowning is even an important thing. It use to mean being cut off from inheritance, but since I doubt you have a huge estate it's probably as meaningful as calling someone weird.
I think RR meant it beyond any financial repercussions.

I think if he meant it only financially, the word would be: disinherit.

To disown one's children is to wash one's hands of them and to have no further interest in them or contact with them.

disown [d&#618;s&#712;&#6 01;&#650;n]
vb
(tr) to deny any connection with; refuse to acknowledge

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/disown

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#604756 Feb 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you don't like the word, you think hitting them for saying it is okay. That's abuse.
It is very easy to talk to a young child about why it is wrong to use "bad words". Many different tactics can be employed to explain to children why using "bad words" is not acceptable behavior.

I would imagine that a child who is hit by a parent for saying a bad word would feel even MORE justified for having done so.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#604757 Feb 22, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
And you know what? It has been MY experience that people who argue about such things are 'trival minded', people who MUST insult at every turn are people who have shallow minds and deep anger issues.
This thread is about proving God.
and discussing the pro's and con's of belief in God.
not how many words someone mis-spells.
You can call me lazy or stupid all you like, that is YOUR opinion and it certainly doesn't make it so.
I think you need to pull your "spelling police car" over and take a break.
Honestly, are you here to view your position on this thread or are you hear to beat up on anyone who doesn't measure up to YOUR standard of perfect?
So prove god exists.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#604758 Feb 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I am far from liberal, you should learn what the word liberal means and check out my political stances before making such a stupid assumption.
The scientific data and facts support my opinion on this matter.
http://books.google.com/books...
http://life.familyeducation.com/parenting/spa...
http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/09/16/spanking...
There's a lot more of that data you don't like as well. Since you won't read it I won't bother posting more of it.
There's just as much "data" that confirms spanning kids is a good thing.

You have to love your child enough to be tough and do what is necessary to get the desired result. Parent first, friend second.

Spanking teaches kids to be fearful of going against your rules. It also teaches them to submit to authority regardless of whether or not they agree.

Every decision has an outcome, good or bad. Just as your reward your child for the good, you must also acknowledge and address the bad.

Those bratty little bastards you see at the grocery store or in a restaurant are the result of bullshit consequences like "time outs".

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#604759 Feb 22, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG you are.

From Socrates:

"The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority, they show disrespect to their elders.... They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and are tyrants over their teachers."

From Plato:

"The young people of today think of nothing but themselves. They have no reverence for parents or old age. They are impatient of all restraint. They talk as if they alone knew everything and what passes for wisdom with us is foolishness with them. As for girls, they are forward, immodest and unwomanly in speech, behaviour and dress."

And spanking IS physical abuse. And it can also result in psychological abuse as well as sending a message to children that using FORCE and possibly causing pain and/or injury is a perfectly acceptable way to deal with a dispute or what is perceived as a wrongdoing.

It's not acceptable- not at all. It is SICK to want to inflict ANY kind of physical pain or discomfort on ANYONE- let alone on CHILDREN.

Why do so many so-called Christians have SUCH a penchant for violence?

I guess that's because they are "so-called" Christians instead of being ACTUAL Christians.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#604760 Feb 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Who doesn't listen to me, my kids?! HA HA HA !!!!
I say jump, they jump. They don't even ask "how high?"......
They are good kids because I've trained them to be good kids. I haven't spammed them in over ten years....
They never talk back, they get their business done first, they both have over a 3.5 GPA & are BOTH on the Honor Roll at school.
Their beds are always made, their room always picked up, their teeth always brushed, their bellies always full & their minds always stimulated. They don't sit around & play video games or Internet all friggin day.
Good lord, you actually admit to telling them to do whatever you want? Do you even allow them any fucking consent?

And that sort of attitude where they don't even ask how high is just too familar with Saddam that dictator! And it is a familar statement often associated with dictatorships!

And you even laugh about it!
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#604761 Feb 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Indulge me.....
No one would want to get intimate with you, RR.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#604762 Feb 22, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Horses are not people.
How did you earn your kids respect?
By being a trustworthy father.

By being confident.

By being clear & concise.

By being a father first, a friend second.

By never lying to them.

By showing humility - admitting I'm wrong when I am.

By showing them that I trust them.

By being respectful & courteous to them.

By giving them their space.

By encouraging their dreams.

By remembering what they tell me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moses never existed 11 min jjustice0981 550
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min Just Sayin 554,867
moms do you like to keep your young sons bottom... (May '12) 27 min CuriousCreature 22
hill climb racing hack for android 37 min RKM7 1
Download PES 2015 full game & Patch Tuga Vicio ... 42 min RKM7 1
smart data recovery 5.0 & activation key 45 min RKM7 1
Uniblue MaxiDisk 2014 full with activatiion 52 min RKM7 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 263,441
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Catcher1 175,040
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr jjustice0981 603,601

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE