Prove there's a god.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#605106 Feb 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are a few other ways measured poverty:
Being poor is getting angry at your kids for asking for all the crap they see on TV.
Being poor is going to the restroom before you get in the school lunch line so your friends will be ahead of you and won’t hear you say “I get free lunch” when you get to the cashier.
Being poor is living next to the freeway.
Being poor is a heater in only one room of the house.
Being poor is hoping your kids don’t have a growth spurt.
Being poor is Goodwill underwear.
Being poor is thinking $8 an hour is a really good deal.
Being poor is stopping the car to take a lamp from a stranger’s trash.
Being poor is making lunch for your kid when a cockroach skitters over the bread, and you looking over to see if your kid saw.
Being poor is a sidewalk with lots of brown glass on it.
Being poor is picking the 10 cent ramen instead of the 12 cent ramen because that’s two extra packages for every dollar.
-----
Sounds like frugal to me, not poor.
What's wrong with goodwill underwear? Why spend $13 on underwear when you can spend $2??
My uncle-in-law has only one heater in his house. He prefers it that way. And he is my no means poor, dudes got over half a million in the bank.
A cockroach in the kitchen is a sign of filth, not being poor.
Taking a perfectly good lamp that your neighbor threw away is smart. Free lamp, big deal. I once found a bed frame in the trash. It was perfect, saved me $80.
People like this "Scalzi" are clueless. And so are you.
Stop blaming it on the media, blame it on yourself for spanking.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#605107 Feb 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Then what are you doing?? Turn off your damn computer and go out & feed some hungry kids!
I probably donate to more charities around the world each year than you earn you conservitard fool. I'm also in the process of starting a foundation which will be a humanitarian organization that helps, and inspires underprivileged children in their lives.

I love it when blowhard religious people like you praise your religion, and then we read in the news about how that same religion burned someone at the stake, or worked hard to take away someones rights, and then how someone who isn't religious actually goes out of their way to make this a better world to live it. Imagine that.

“design is God's trademark”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#605108 Feb 23, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Very sorry to hear that you were raised in that type of a family, but at least you were smart enough and able to see past it, and not get sucked into that delusion yourself. My father had a painting like that too in his bedroom. The day after he died it "somehow" ended up in the trash, along with many religious statues, and they are now "blessing" some garbage dump where they belong.
I put up a picture of Tweety bird in it's place.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/79...
there is only one thing you can say about people who 'hate' God.

Tormented.

you are a tormented soul bound by the leash of satan, and you are offended by God and the bible and those who love God simply because your heart is under the ownership of the god of this world.

sad, because there WILL come a time when your cries will pierce the darkness and there will be no remedy.

Jesus loves you.
He died for you, so you might have eternal hope.

to hate hope, is to love misery.
Rush

Fairbury, NE

#605109 Feb 23, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
No you don't have a honest relationship.
What is it you know about your kids that proves they are straight? Are they into girls? No?
How many kids do you have?

Location hidden

#605111 Feb 23, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
if the critics want to disregard the New Testament, then they must also disregard other ancient writings by Plato, Aristotle, and Homer.
Not true, slave
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#605112 Feb 23, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>No, actually you are and he is correct. It's very easy to verify what he said. Just search about Durante Alighieri's (better known as Dante) book called "The Divine Comedy", which had a section called "The Inferno", and how the church reacted to it, plus the garbage dumps outside of the old City of Jerusalem and their customs. Don't 'cha just love history?
It depends on the church. Some people are fanatics and only pretend to be christians, when really they are not. The Bible orders us to put these kinds of people to the test.

Location hidden

#605113 Feb 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
People like this "Scalzi" are clueless. And so are you.
Thank you for publicly admitting to the bias which feeds your delusion.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#605114 Feb 23, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>I probably donate to more charities around the world each year than you earn you conservitard fool. I'm also in the process of starting a foundation which will be a humanitarian organization that helps, and inspires underprivileged children in their lives.
I love it when blowhard religious people like you praise your religion, and then we read in the news about how that same religion burned someone at the stake, or worked hard to take away someones rights, and then how someone who isn't religious actually goes out of their way to make this a better world to live it. Imagine that.
Riverside Redneck is a disgrace to christianity, he does not represent God whatsoever.

Location hidden

#605115 Feb 23, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
He has always been.......like time, space, which is endless.
Prove it, and what your mommy and daddy told you doesn't count.

Location hidden

#605116 Feb 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Still no documents of your "well documented" fact?
I'm not here to treat your delusion. You need to see a professional therapist for that. But that scares the hell out of you doesn't it redneck? You're afraid to lose the "security" that your delusion gives you. It's your security blanket. That's understandable. You need to grow a spine and only then will you be able to do what's right.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#605117 Feb 23, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Evil is not the absense of good. Evil is damage, and destruction. An inanimate object has no rightiousness, but yet is not evil.
But the Bible does not say its own definition of evil is the opposite of rightiousness.
And darkness is only very loosely capable of being called the opposite of peace. What the bible says is meant to be taken literal, as it says what it says.
Indeed...

The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the LORD who does all these.(Isaiah 45:7)

I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.(Isaiah 45:7)

Location hidden

#605118 Feb 23, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
there is only one thing you can say about people who 'hate' God.
Show me where I said I hated God in my post, or STFU slave. I don't need a loser like you to put words in my mouth. I have redneck for that.
you are a tormented soul bound by the leash of satan, and you are offended by God and the bible and those who love God simply because your heart is under the ownership of the god of this world.
Faith without supporting evidence is indistinguishable from schizophrenia.
Jesus loves you.
Mickey Mouse loves you too, slave.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#605120 Feb 23, 2013
Mylan wrote:
I probably donate to more charities around the world each year than you earn you conservitard fool.
LMAO! Of course you do. And I invented popcorn. Imagine that.

Location hidden

#605121 Feb 23, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
It depends on the church.
There was only one church at that time, slave. Don't you know anything about history? LOL...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#605122 Feb 23, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not here to treat your delusion. You need to see a professional therapist for that. But that scares the hell out of you doesn't it redneck? You're afraid to lose the "security" that your delusion gives you. It's your security blanket. That's understandable. You need to grow a spine and only then will you be able to do what's right.

Imagine that.

Location hidden

#605123 Feb 23, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
Riverside Redneck is a disgrace to christianity, he does not represent God whatsoever.
Surprisingly well said.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#605124 Feb 23, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for publicly admitting to the bias which feeds your delusion.
Yes, I am biased towards the type of ignorance you expound.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#605125 Feb 23, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Prove it, and what your mommy and daddy told you doesn't count.
Prove it. And not what your mommy and mommy taught you.

Imagine that.

Location hidden

#605126 Feb 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the LORD who does all these.(Isaiah 45:7)
Wow, have they ever DILUTED that. Talk about picking and choosing LOL....

(Isaiah 45:7) I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#605127 Feb 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed...
I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.(Isaiah 45:7)
God didn't say "I am the one forming light which is well being and creating darkness which is calamity". He never said darkness was evil.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min Joe Fortuna 71,519
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 9 min Peter Ross 447,397
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 45 min kent 699,388
How is it possible that God has always existed?? 50 min Doctor REALITY 14
School Fails Girl For Believing In God 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
"O.J. hit me while he (BLEEPED!) me! 1 hr Doctor REALITY 4
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 5 hr Dang Jersey Piney 96