Prove there's a god.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#605065 Feb 23, 2013
TheGoodTheBadTheUgly wrote:
<quoted text>Hell already exists for you inside your insane head.
I will make sure that my Colt 45s relieves the pressure inside your maggoty skull and let some of this nonsense run out.
After that, you will get an additional hole in the ground in an unmarked grave. Which you,you hathen bastard deserve.
You know, these are open and unveiled threats.

You should also know that you can be held accountable for them.

Maybe you think that your god likes this kind of thing, but I can assure you, the law doesn't.

Either stop the threats or you will be reported.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#605066 Feb 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me about it....
I'd have to.

There's no way you would know firsthand.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#605067 Feb 23, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
The professing atheist is what is commonly known as an “agnostic”- one who claims he “doesn't know” if God exists. It is interesting to note that the Latin equivalent for the Greek word is “IGNORAMUS.” The Bible tells us that this ignorance is “willful”(Psalm 10:4). It's not that a person can't find God, but that he won't. It has been rightly said that the “atheist” can't find God for the same reason a thief can't find a policeman. He knows that if he admits that there is a God, he is admitting that he is ultimately responsible to Him. This is not a pleasant thought for some.(2 hrs ago | post #155879)
However, most 'atheists', especially those who have taken the time to actually go on a discussion site and actually find debating the topic interesting, have dealt with that irrational argument, and know that those who still cling to a belief which has never shown any substance, have nothing, except 'belief' to hold on to.

On top of that, those 'believers', that one usually encounters on these sites, are the hardcore fanatics, who take literally everything that has been accepted by mainstream Christianity ages ago as being myths.

"Christians" who post on these sites would be considered by most Christians, as being the trouble-makers of their faith, rather than the 'real believers'. At least that would be my perspective as a long term believer, who now 'knows' about the humungous amount of untruths that are in the religious texts that fundamentalists build their lives around.

The fact that the several thousand years of the Abrahamic god's existence in man's vocabulary, and the less than 2000 years that the Christian version has been taught by man, there has not been one single fact regarding any god ever discovered, and proved, to demonstrate that any god actually exists.

While not necessarily the case, one should expect, IMO, that an entity, so fervently proclaimed by so many, would by now have been confirmed to exist.

We have not found unicorns, Sasquatch (though some fake photos have been provided), spaghetti monsters, and that is mainly because no evidence of such has ever been seen, so one would tend to arrive at the same kind of conclusion about claims of the existence of a god.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#605068 Feb 23, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
However, most 'atheists', especially those who have taken the time to actually go on a discussion site and actually find debating the topic interesting, have dealt with that irrational argument, and know that those who still cling to a belief which has never shown any substance, have nothing, except 'belief' to hold on to.
On top of that, those 'believers', that one usually encounters on these sites, are the hardcore fanatics, who take literally everything that has been accepted by mainstream Christianity ages ago as being myths.
"Christians" who post on these sites would be considered by most Christians, as being the trouble-makers of their faith, rather than the 'real believers'. At least that would be my perspective as a long term believer, who now 'knows' about the humungous amount of untruths that are in the religious texts that fundamentalists build their lives around.
The fact that the several thousand years of the Abrahamic god's existence in man's vocabulary, and the less than 2000 years that the Christian version has been taught by man, there has not been one single fact regarding any god ever discovered, and proved, to demonstrate that any god actually exists.
While not necessarily the case, one should expect, IMO, that an entity, so fervently proclaimed by so many, would by now have been confirmed to exist.
We have not found unicorns, Sasquatch (though some fake photos have been provided), spaghetti monsters, and that is mainly because no evidence of such has ever been seen, so one would tend to arrive at the same kind of conclusion about claims of the existence of a god.
Can you prove how it existed in his vocabulary? Jesus actually existed, fool! It is not man made!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#605069 Feb 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Just ask yerself RR...Who attacked all the same people in the same ways as this pervert does??
He has picked you out again as the main attack. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Don't tell me you don't recognize this POS.
I just ignore that thing.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#605070 Feb 23, 2013
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
youre a LYING sack of SHYT RetardedRedneck
and
bible proves it
Isa 45:7 - I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these [things].
why do kristains LIE so much
Like I said, you cherry picking atheists are the biggest aliases out there.

Your translation is wrong. Use logic & you'll see.

Light is the opposite of darkness, yes?

Evil, however, isn't the opposite of peace.

Try again.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#605071 Feb 23, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, she come back into town about a week ago,
Told me sorry that she hurt me so.
I had a fifty-five Ford and a two dollar bill,
When she took a-that, a-man it gave me a chill.
LMAO!

Nice.

Location hidden

#605072 Feb 23, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
However, most 'atheists'.
Atheists and the word "faith". Atheists understand thoroughly the word faith, they understand the meaning and how it's used. Atheists just like the rest of us use faith everyday in one way or another, whether in people or things it's a fact that we all use it everyday. Since atheists use it for other purposes, then why do they not use it to believe in God? The atheists believe their must be proof, facts that substantiate without a doubt something exsists or not. Faith which is used daily is proven to work when one uses it over and over in their lives or they wouldn't continue to use it. An example of faith for instance would be like having faith in a service such as your phone carrier you use, as long as that service runs smoothly you're happy, when it starts to cause you headaches you then have no faith in it as a good phone service, so you change phone carriers. Having faith in people is another way we demostrate the use of faith. Let's say for instance you use a doctor who has always taken the time to listen to you and showed a level of compassion you became use to expecting, and then you noticed his attitude and his lack of paying attention changed and you felt uncomfortable with him displaying this type of behaviour over the course of the last 5 visits, so now you have lost faith in him and you now seek another doctor.. Atheists must have scientific proof that God exsists before they will believe, but they have no problem believing in people or things through faith but refuse to allow themselves to utilize faith to believe in God. God has made it perfectly clear time after time that no calculation or deciphering or scientific testing will ever prove of his exsistence, again time after time God has made it clear that no testing by a man made method will ever prove of him exsisting. He tells us the only way you can know he exsists and he tells us this many many times to make sure we understand that FAITH is the only way to know of him being real. God has made it to where on judgment day no excuses will be used, like the excuse of not using faith to believe in him as we do in people and things in our lives. This seals the fate of those who refuse to believe in God for what ever reason.(12 min ago (55 min ago | post #479) When someone tells you of God and tells you how wonderful he is, you then have the ability to have faith because you believe what that person tells you, so you take a chance and have faith in God. Over time you develope a relationship where you now completely trust in him because you've learned over time of how loving and concern he is for me and that faith now becomes a bond of trust because you know that the faith you have in God is different than relationships with a person, because God can never fail you where as people can.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#605073 Feb 23, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
you fail at your own religion, read the bible, change religion, of shut-TFU
Make me.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#605074 Feb 23, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You just thrive on confusing the issues, don't you?
You said that if your kid was gay, but married a woman and had kids in order to hide his homosexuality from you, you'd be good with that.
IF it were the case that your kid was homosexual, but married a woman even though he wanted to be with another man, he would be miserable. He would be feigning happiness for your sake alone.
But apparently, you're ok with that.
I might be able to garner some respect for you if you didn't insist on being so blatantly and intentionally ignorant.
Me?!

You're ignorant of my kid's sexual preferences. They are straight.

People like you advocate the idea that straights are born straight & gays are born gay. It's doubtful you even know the age of my sons, let alone their preferences.

You're hypothetical argument is pointless.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#605075 Feb 23, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a first cousin who did just that.
Disowned his daughter.
That's the kind of family I grew up in.
My mother even recently claimed to have had a "healing" from a healing priest. Claims he healed her sinuses, even though she still uses various nasal sprays and still has sinus trouble.
I guess healings are temporary.
She has Jesus all over her house and a paint by numbers painting of Jesus and one of the last supper in her bedroom.
She knows I'm not religious, but I don't think she knows I'm atheist.
Are you afraid to come out, so to speak, to your mother about your choice?

Is it fear of her or respect for her that compels that decision?
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#605076 Feb 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, you cherry picking atheists are the biggest aliases out there.
Your translation is wrong. Use logic & you'll see.
Light is the opposite of darkness, yes?
Evil, however, isn't the opposite of peace.
Try again.
God never said Darkness was the evilness. By creating rightiousness, you can't create evilness. If the whole world was rightious, there would be no evil, so creating rightiousness does not mean evilness was already formed. God specifically said he created rightiousness and evilness, secondhandedly, you cherrypicking fool!
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#605077 Feb 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Me?!
You're ignorant of my kid's sexual preferences. They are straight.
People like you advocate the idea that straights are born straight & gays are born gay. It's doubtful you even know the age of my sons, let alone their preferences.
You're hypothetical argument is pointless.
How do you know they are straight, RR? Chances are, by your observation, they are probably asexual, since they would probably want to hide their feelings they have for girls from you, RR.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#605078 Feb 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you afraid to come out, so to speak, to your mother about your choice?
Is it fear of her or respect for her that compels that decision?
More personal attacks RR?

Location hidden

#605080 Feb 23, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you prove how it existed in his vocabulary? Jesus actually existed, fool! It is not man made!
Naturally I can't 'prove' that it existed in his vocabulary, but I was referring to the period in which believers tend to think that the stories of the Abrahamic God, or the events from those stories, took place, which to the New Earth proponents is somewhere around 6000 years ago with the actual written accounts dating back maybe 3000 or 4000 years.

Except that there appears to be independent records of writings prior to the "coming of Jesus" I could quickly believe that all of the Old Testament and NT was created within the last 2000 years, as we have nothing prior to 2000 years ago that proves any of the preceding events, nor do we have any proof of the events described in the NT.

The whole Bible, IMO, is a work of fiction, and could easily have originated at any time since the date calculated of the earliest proved documents.

We have no absolute proof that Jesus existed at all, though I would tend to not push the argument that he did not exist but was a figment of one's imagination, as is the whole Book of Mormon, and the denomination that sprang up around a well-known charlatan of the time.

It makes sense to me that since Christianity has existed in non religious writings since the time of Constantine, that it could very well have been based on the teachings of some itinerant preacher/teacher, though actual words would have been fabricated, since there were no forms of instant recording such as exist today.

One would not sit and listen to a preacher talk 2000 years ago, and then sit down some several decades after that preacher died, and copy word for word what he had said, because man does not have the ability to remember things in such detail for any period of time, much less 30 to 50 years or more.

I could not reproduce, from memory, the words of a conversation that I had one minute ago, even if I was consciously trying to memorize them, which one would normally not be doing if one was following the conversation.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#605081 Feb 23, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
God never said Darkness was the evilness. By creating rightiousness, you can't create evilness. If the whole world was rightious, there would be no evil, so creating rightiousness does not mean evilness was already formed. God specifically said he created rightiousness and evilness, secondhandedly, you cherrypicking fool!
If a person is asked,“Does cold exist?” the answer would be “yes.” This is incorrect. Cold does not exist. Cold is the absence of heat.

Similarly, darkness does not exist; it is the absence of light. Evil is the absence of good, or better, evil is the absence of God.

God did not have to create evil, but rather only allow for the absence of good.

God did not create evil, but He does allow evil. If God had not allowed for the possibility of evil, both mankind and angels would be serving God out of obligation, not choice. He did not want “robots” that simply did what He wanted them to do because of their “programming.” God allowed for the possibility of evil so that we could genuinely have a free will and choose whether or not we wanted to serve Him.

It's doubtful you'll understand.

But you did avoid the question.

Is darkness the opposite of peace?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#605082 Feb 23, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
How do you know they are straight, RR?
Because we talk. We have an open & honest relationship. I trust them & they trust me.

I doubt you'll understand that, either.

Are you a parent?
Lady Evil

Northampton, MA

#605083 Feb 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You think Christianity *caused* Mcveigh & Lanza to do what they did?!
Some would say subversion and decadence. Some may also say this is a biproduct of Judas' influence upon society. I'm not so sure though.
It's not like they puppet our govt, print our dough, control our media, gaydays@disney, manipulate our governing process through aipax, foolyhoot, fight their wars etc.
NO! They have no influence or persuations here! Anywhere!
It's all Christains fault

Location hidden

#605084 Feb 23, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text>Atheists and the word "faith". Atheists understand thoroughly the word faith, they understand the meaning and how it's used. Atheists just like the rest of us use faith everyday in one way or another, whether in people or things it's a fact that we all use it everyday. Since atheists use it for other purposes, then why do they not use it to believe in God? The atheists believe their must be proof, facts that substantiate without a doubt something exsists or not. Faith which is used daily is proven to work when one uses it over and over in their lives or they wouldn't continue to use it. An example of faith for instance would be like having faith in a service such as your phone carrier you use, as long as that service runs smoothly you're happy, when it starts to cause you headaches you then have no faith in it as a good phone service, so you change phone carriers. Having faith in people is another way we demostrate the use of faith. Let's say for instance you use a doctor who has always taken the time to listen to you and showed a level of compassion you became use to expecting, and then you noticed his attitude and his lack of paying attention changed and you felt uncomfortable with him displaying this type of behaviour over the course of the last 5 visits, so now you have lost faith in him and you now seek another doctor.. Atheists must have scientific proof that God exsists before they will believe, but they have no problem believing in people or things through faith but refuse to allow themselves to utilize faith to believe in God. God has made it perfectly clear time after time that no calculation or deciphering or scientific testing will ever prove of his exsistence, again time after time God has made it clear that no testing by a man made method will ever prove of him exsisting.
You repeated most of the previous post. It didn't work for me the first time nor does it now. The things you mentioned that we have faith in our day to day lives are actual things that we know exist or did exist, because we experienced them before we lost that faith, such as the doctor example. We have concrete proof to justify our faith or losing faith.

We have no concrete proof of God, and your using the 'words of God' to tell us why we 'should' have faith is a "begging the question" logical error used on this thread, so far, many thousands of times. That logic is not an argument for God. We can't say that we have faith in God existing because God tells us we must have faith.

Besides every written word, and every spoken word about a god, that you have internalized in your life, came from other men. Nothing that has entered your brain about the God you believe in today came to you independently of the hand of man. If man had still not developed the ability to speak or write, you would have none of the knowledge of a god, that you claim is true.

Even in the remotest chance that the Bible was actually the "Word of God", which can easily be refuted today, we all needed written or spoken words of man, to pass those words on to us.

What you are saying is God exists, because God wrote or inspired His word in the Bible, and since He did that it must be true. That is man-made argument, and fails every logic exam, and the discipline of logic is a creation of man too.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#605085 Feb 23, 2013
Forum wrote:
Jesus is.
Yes we know jesus is invented. Just like all the other myths about him that came thousands of years before your region plagiarized your religions "version" of him. This is well documented. You can't fight history. What isn't documented is you admitting these facts. That makes you a fool and a slave. Congratulations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 8 min Lock Trump Up 71,871
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 4 hr Doctor REALITY 134
"O.J. hit me while he (BLEEPED!) me! 4 hr Doctor REALITY 10
Rodney King beating and the WTC Jumpers 4 hr Doctor REALITY 11
OKC Thunder startin to LOSE THEIR COOL 4 hr Doctor REALITY 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr Tony 6,837
My mom is getting married again 5 hr Doctor REALITY 4
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr Rosesz 699,470
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 15 hr Big Al 447,425