Prove there's a god.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#604751 Feb 22, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
well now that just goes to show you, how totally uninformed and wrong you are.
Every word of the bible from Genesis to Revelation is equally important.
You don't cherry pick God's word.
You also don't change God's word, it changes you.
Who is this "you" you're referring to- because it sure isn't me.

At any rate, PLENTY of "Christians" here do in FACT cherry pick from the bible.

So perhaps your words would be better addressed to those who do, which does not include me since I find the bible to be nothing more than a book of fairy tales/parables/myths that was in FACT written by mere mortal men as a means to control the masses and to keep them as ignorant, as fearful and as stupid as possible.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#604752 Feb 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You are completely misunderstanding me. I didn't say that the kid touching the hot stove thing was a bad idea, I've used that logic with my kids through the whole childhood. They're going to do stuff that hurts him, but usually they'll only do it once.
"Hitting" is what you do in a bar fight. "Spanking" is what you do to a child. Don't confuse the two.
No, spanking is also hitting.

hitting present participle of hit (Verb)
Verb
Bring one's hand or a tool or weapon into contact with (someone or something) quickly and forcefully.
Accidentally strike (part of one's body) against something, often causing injury.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#604753 Feb 22, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
Look around you, the reason the society is a hundred times worse today, than it was 50 yrs ago is because this new generation is ANTI-spanking.
The bible says spar the rod, spoil the child.
spanking is NOT beaeting there is a big difference.
the majority of young people today have NO respect for anyone but themselves. A time out won't instill respect for authority figures.
In the hebrew, in proverbs, the word is staff, not rod, a whole different context. And I bet your parents thought the same about you.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#604754 Feb 22, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't listen to you, perhaps for good reason RR, you experienced it with your own kids because of your fault alone! Your sons don't respect you, they probably only flatter you to earn your approval, or because they fear otherwise, or feel guilty. In what way do they respect you?
They are good kids, so leave them alone!
Who doesn't listen to me, my kids?! HA HA HA !!!!

I say jump, they jump. They don't even ask "how high?"......

They are good kids because I've trained them to be good kids. I haven't spammed them in over ten years....

They never talk back, they get their business done first, they both have over a 3.5 GPA & are BOTH on the Honor Roll at school.

Their beds are always made, their room always picked up, their teeth always brushed, their bellies always full & their minds always stimulated. They don't sit around & play video games or Internet all friggin day.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#604755 Feb 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't believe that anyone would think disowning is even an important thing. It use to mean being cut off from inheritance, but since I doubt you have a huge estate it's probably as meaningful as calling someone weird.
I think RR meant it beyond any financial repercussions.

I think if he meant it only financially, the word would be: disinherit.

To disown one's children is to wash one's hands of them and to have no further interest in them or contact with them.

disown [d&#618;s&#712;&#6 01;&#650;n]
vb
(tr) to deny any connection with; refuse to acknowledge

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/disown

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#604756 Feb 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you don't like the word, you think hitting them for saying it is okay. That's abuse.
It is very easy to talk to a young child about why it is wrong to use "bad words". Many different tactics can be employed to explain to children why using "bad words" is not acceptable behavior.

I would imagine that a child who is hit by a parent for saying a bad word would feel even MORE justified for having done so.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#604757 Feb 22, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
And you know what? It has been MY experience that people who argue about such things are 'trival minded', people who MUST insult at every turn are people who have shallow minds and deep anger issues.
This thread is about proving God.
and discussing the pro's and con's of belief in God.
not how many words someone mis-spells.
You can call me lazy or stupid all you like, that is YOUR opinion and it certainly doesn't make it so.
I think you need to pull your "spelling police car" over and take a break.
Honestly, are you here to view your position on this thread or are you hear to beat up on anyone who doesn't measure up to YOUR standard of perfect?
So prove god exists.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#604758 Feb 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I am far from liberal, you should learn what the word liberal means and check out my political stances before making such a stupid assumption.
The scientific data and facts support my opinion on this matter.
http://books.google.com/books...
http://life.familyeducation.com/parenting/spa...
http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/09/16/spanking...
There's a lot more of that data you don't like as well. Since you won't read it I won't bother posting more of it.
There's just as much "data" that confirms spanning kids is a good thing.

You have to love your child enough to be tough and do what is necessary to get the desired result. Parent first, friend second.

Spanking teaches kids to be fearful of going against your rules. It also teaches them to submit to authority regardless of whether or not they agree.

Every decision has an outcome, good or bad. Just as your reward your child for the good, you must also acknowledge and address the bad.

Those bratty little bastards you see at the grocery store or in a restaurant are the result of bullshit consequences like "time outs".

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#604759 Feb 22, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
Look around you, the reason the society is a hundred times worse today, than it was 50 yrs ago is because this new generation is ANTI-spanking.
The bible says spar the rod, spoil the child.
spanking is NOT beaeting there is a big difference.
the majority of young people today have NO respect for anyone but themselves. A time out won't instill respect for authority figures.
WRONG you are.

From Socrates:

"The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority, they show disrespect to their elders.... They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and are tyrants over their teachers."

From Plato:

"The young people of today think of nothing but themselves. They have no reverence for parents or old age. They are impatient of all restraint. They talk as if they alone knew everything and what passes for wisdom with us is foolishness with them. As for girls, they are forward, immodest and unwomanly in speech, behaviour and dress."

And spanking IS physical abuse. And it can also result in psychological abuse as well as sending a message to children that using FORCE and possibly causing pain and/or injury is a perfectly acceptable way to deal with a dispute or what is perceived as a wrongdoing.

It's not acceptable- not at all. It is SICK to want to inflict ANY kind of physical pain or discomfort on ANYONE- let alone on CHILDREN.

Why do so many so-called Christians have SUCH a penchant for violence?

I guess that's because they are "so-called" Christians instead of being ACTUAL Christians.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#604760 Feb 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Who doesn't listen to me, my kids?! HA HA HA !!!!
I say jump, they jump. They don't even ask "how high?"......
They are good kids because I've trained them to be good kids. I haven't spammed them in over ten years....
They never talk back, they get their business done first, they both have over a 3.5 GPA & are BOTH on the Honor Roll at school.
Their beds are always made, their room always picked up, their teeth always brushed, their bellies always full & their minds always stimulated. They don't sit around & play video games or Internet all friggin day.
Good lord, you actually admit to telling them to do whatever you want? Do you even allow them any fucking consent?

And that sort of attitude where they don't even ask how high is just too familar with Saddam that dictator! And it is a familar statement often associated with dictatorships!

And you even laugh about it!
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#604761 Feb 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Indulge me.....
No one would want to get intimate with you, RR.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#604762 Feb 22, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Horses are not people.
How did you earn your kids respect?
By being a trustworthy father.

By being confident.

By being clear & concise.

By being a father first, a friend second.

By never lying to them.

By showing humility - admitting I'm wrong when I am.

By showing them that I trust them.

By being respectful & courteous to them.

By giving them their space.

By encouraging their dreams.

By remembering what they tell me.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#604763 Feb 22, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Who is this "you" you're referring to- because it sure isn't me.
At any rate, PLENTY of "Christians" here do in FACT cherry pick from the bible.
So perhaps your words would be better addressed to those who do, which does not include me since I find the bible to be nothing more than a book of fairy tales/parables/myths that was in FACT written by mere mortal men as a means to control the masses and to keep them as ignorant, as fearful and as stupid as possible.
You are right, many people do pick verses from the bible and misuse them.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#604764 Feb 22, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I think RR meant it beyond any financial repercussions.
I think if he meant it only financially, the word would be: disinherit.
To disown one's children is to wash one's hands of them and to have no further interest in them or contact with them.
disown [d&#618;s&#712;&#6 01;&#650;n]
vb
(tr) to deny any connection with; refuse to acknowledge
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/disown
It also means to cut of acceptance of the child from them, child neglect, which is such a tragic thing one could possibly commit.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#604765 Feb 22, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Spanking takes away love from the child,
No it doesn't.

Discipline is important. "Time outs" & "talk outs" don't always cut it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#604766 Feb 22, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry that you find the proper use of language and the correct way of expressing oneself to be "trivial".
Am I here to "view" my position on this thread? Uh....no.....I am here to STATE my position on this thread regarding the topic at hand which I have done so numerous times as well as having stated my position on other topics that have been discussed on this thread.
And I am not "beating up" anyone; funny that you didn't take RR to task for calling me a "mo f_cker" which he did last evening and to which I responded just this morning.
So you find it offensive that I point out such stupid spelling errors as you and others here make, but you find nothing wrong or offensive in RR calling me a "mo f_cker".
You're a hypocrite.
It's "mo f_cka"......

It's slang.

It's a joke.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#604767 Feb 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There's just as much "data" that confirms spanning kids is a good thing.
You have to love your child enough to be tough and do what is necessary to get the desired result. Parent first, friend second.
Spanking teaches kids to be fearful of going against your rules. It also teaches them to submit to authority regardless of whether or not they agree.
Every decision has an outcome, good or bad. Just as your reward your child for the good, you must also acknowledge and address the bad.
Those bratty little bastards you see at the grocery store or in a restaurant are the result of bullshit consequences like "time outs".
Research has shown that kids who are spanked have a lower IQ.

Desired results? So you simply want to get something from your kids, rather than support you kids? Do you simply use kids for the sake of pleasure? So you don't see them as people?

It teaches them to fear your rules, and only to view restrictions and boundaries as negetive, and not the appreciate and accept the meaning of them.

Bastards? WHAT!?!?! CALLING CHILDREN BASTARDS!?!?!?!?!!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#604768 Feb 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
My brother and I got into an argument once, I almost killed him, had the knife to his throat. He grabbed the blade and broke it though, cheap kitchen knives. I was 16, he was 15.
What did your parents do?

I once stuck my little brother in the butt cheek with a pocket knife. It was an accident, he was about 8 & I was about 11. My dad rushed him to the hospital, got him all fixed up, then BEAT me with a stick. He was wrong with that. I learned nothing from it except to hate my dad for it.

That isn't the "spanking" I'm talking about.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#604769 Feb 22, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
They are beating them up, no matter how intense, a parent spanking a child is far worse than a random man punching a child into a wall, RR, it's that serious!
Ok.

Say you have a bratty little child in a restaurant. He's not exactly happy with his food. So the little bratty child starts to whine and kick and scream and make a huge scene right there in a restaurant.

The child is likely doing that because he does not fear his parent's consequences for him.

Now take a child that understands the consequence might be a smack on the cheek, and that hurts, so he won't make a fit.

That is a well behaved child, not the brat that expects a time out for being a disrespectful little asshole.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#604770 Feb 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are stuck on stupid. I can't explain it any better than I have and you still completely missed the point of it all.
Try this for once, go to a park and just watch the kids play. Listen to their laughs, watch their smiles. For about an hour just watch them and think of nothing while you do, you will remember what it was when you were there, when you were playing about on that same playground, remember your laughs, remember the fun you had.
I totally remember those days. What's that got to do with "learning to laugh" from kids?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Computer THREATS DISAPPEARING from Topix!: un F... 3 min WasteWater 20
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min WasteWater 272,040
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 min ChristineM 444,056
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 10 min WasteWater 100,636
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min New Age Spiritual... 595,715
Fondling my nipples drives me wild (Dec '14) 24 min Wild Princess 8
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 27 min Knock off purse s... 6,104
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Truths 612,581
The Christian Atheist debate 13 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 726
More from around the web