Prove there's a god.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#604457 Feb 21, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>So then why bother with a religion? Middlemen only make things worse as they put their own 'spin' on things. I would think that your "god" would be annoyed by religion, and disappointed that you, as one of his creations, would rather deal with your man made middleman religion instead of going straight to him. You must like to upset and disappoint your "god". Imagine that.
Do you think god could follow the rules made for him in the religion? That would make him a "team" player.
But most wont even make him team captain.
Most likely he would be kicked off team, for not following their rules.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#604458 Feb 21, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>So then why bother with a religion? Middlemen only make things worse as they put their own 'spin' on things. I would think that your "god" would be annoyed by religion, and disappointed that you, as one of his creations, would rather deal with your man made middleman religion instead of going straight to him. You must like to upset and disappoint your "god". Imagine that.
Which is why it's so important to find the right teacher.
endtime

AOL

#604459 Feb 21, 2013

----#---- NEXT POPE is ANTICHRIST

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#604462 Feb 21, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I was refering to wisdom and emotional maturity, not intellect. But older people in general know more than younger people anyway, although as you say, can have more knowledge of science and stuff(Just the facts of course, not the real world and what it's like out there), than an older person, sometimes.
Wisdom is dependent on intellect, thus it must also be practiced constantly in order to maintain, just being old doesn't mean you have practiced it, it just means you are old. I am 39 and still learning, constantly, lessons from kids. How to laugh, how to forget about the weight of the world for periods of time, and how to live. If not for the lessons they teach me on such matters, I would have forgotten a long time ago.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#604465 Feb 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wisdom is dependent on intellect, thus it must also be practiced constantly in order to maintain, just being old doesn't mean you have practiced it, it just means you are old. I am 39 and still learning, constantly, lessons from kids. How to laugh, how to forget about the weight of the world for periods of time, and how to live. If not for the lessons they teach me on such matters, I would have forgotten a long time ago.
You're 39 & are learning how to laugh from kids?!
Phroderick Fronkensteen

Central Point, OR

#604466 Feb 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be an idiot & don't stereotype so much. Your line of thinking, your "logic", would suggest that all Americans are like Mcveigh & Lanza...
I understand your hatred for the truth.

It was christianity--your religion--which is responsible for those crimes against humanity. You cannot and will not change that. If you don't want to be associated with it, I suggest you find a better religion.
BobLoblah

Central Point, OR

#604467 Feb 21, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
More threats.
What's that shaking I hear?
Is it your faith?
Why yes. It is.
its all i've got.
Phroderick Fronkensteen

Central Point, OR

#604468 Feb 21, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
are you 12? how about speaking like an adult on here.
kill the bird.
Tell it to your brother in christ BobloBlah.
Phroderick Fronkensteen

Central Point, OR

#604469 Feb 21, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly but what is even worse are the ones who come on here and PRETEND to be people of faith but go against God and truth by supporting immorality. Those are the most dangerous people you will find in life.
Apostates and deceivers.
In other words, people like you, BobLoblah, Just Results...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#604470 Feb 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Which is why it's so important to find the right teacher.
Teacher? That would just be another middleman. Seems to me all you would be able to do would be to show your "god" respect. No middleman. But I guess that makes too much sense to someone like you huh? You need more structure. You need more man made rules. One day eating meat is a sin. Then Oops.... we've made a mistake and now we're changing that rule and now it's good. Meanwhile you're focusing on what your man-made religion wants instead of focusing on your "god". Yep, I'll bet your "god" is really disappointed with all of religions charades. As you've already mentioned, "God" wouldn't need religion, religion would need "God". LOL....

Now I know that there are in-fact people who do exactly that - They only show "God" respect and do what they know in their heart is right everyday. What's hard to figure out is why are so many people following a gross interpretation of "God" instead of just honoring "God". Oh wait that's right, your churches wouldn't make any money that way now would they? Weird...
Phroderick Fronkensteen

Central Point, OR

#604471 Feb 21, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
NOWWWWWWWWWWWWW your dissin my choice of how i spell my icon name? AHAHAHAHAHA!
You haven't changed a bit, have you, yellodog?

Patty?

patticakes58?

Location hidden

#604472 Feb 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You're 39 & are learning how to laugh from kids?!
What's wrong with that?

Location hidden

#604473 Feb 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Your line of thinking, your "logic", would suggest that all Americans are like Mcveigh & Lanza...
And what kind of American, exactly, is Lanza?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#604474 Feb 21, 2013
siehjin wrote:
<quoted text>
logically, if God is the One who created all of time and space - in other words, all of material reality - He cannot himself be a material being. thus, your objection that He as an immaterial being cannot cause a material effect, fails.
one might imagine cyberbeings in a computer simulation insisting that humans could not have created them because humans don't consist of bits and bytes. your position is similar to theirs.
<quoted text>
ah, good!(i mean, good that you accept the validity of logic, not that you think my logic is invalid). in that case, you need to point out the flaw in my logic which renders it invalid. merely stating that you think my logic is invalid is neither here nor there.
here is the argument i am making in its formal logical form:
premise one: the complexity of the universe is either due to chance, mechanistic processes, or the work of a Creator.
premise two: the complexity of the universe cannot be adequately explained by chance and mechanistic processes.
conclusion: the complexity of the universe is the work of a Creator.
if the premisses are true, the conclusion logically and incontrovertibly follows. therefore the only way for you to disprove it is to attack one or both premisses. that is why your comments about God's immateriality and comparing Him with the FSM and IPU have been quite futile.
<quoted text>
look, you are not making sense. by your reasoning, counterfeit $100 bills are proof that real $100 bills don't exist. the existence of counterfeits does not disprove the existence of the original!
Hilarious.

Location hidden

#604475 Feb 21, 2013
siehjin wrote:
<quoted text>
no, i haven't... we can't all be lawyers, right?=)
<quoted text>
i am speaking metaphorically here... meaning that we can discern the order, complexity and beauty of the universe, and this leads us to the conclusion that there is a Creator.
<quoted text>
i agree. the whole point of the courtroom analogy was that i HAVE brought forward proof which i consider valid evidence for the existence of God, namely the existence of the universe. i have repeatedly been accused of not having evidence, when in fact the whole universe is my evidence!
perhaps what you mean is that i need evidence for my evidence. to this, i have replied by pointing out the beauty and complexity of the universe. no one denies that the universe is immensely and amazingly complex, no? how is it possible that such a thing can simply exist on its own? could it have happened by random chance or mere mechanistic processes? i think that is impossible; and therefore there must be Someone who created it.
Hilariouser! Hilariouserer!!

Location hidden

#604476 Feb 21, 2013
siehjin wrote:
<quoted text>
again the accusation of a claim from ignorance! here's what i wrote to KittenKoder:
"here is an analogy to help you understand my position. let us imagine that the universe is a book. while we have managed to discover many things about our universe through science, there is still much that we do not know. so let us say we have read only the first chapter of the book.
reading that first chapter is sufficient for me to conclude that there was an Author who wrote the book. i am not arguing that there must be an Author because of the chapters we have not read yet (this would be the 'fallacy of ignorance' of which you falsely accuse me). and in fact, reading more chapters (analogically, finding out more about the universe through science) simply reinforces my conclusion that there must be an Author who has written all this.
so to conclude, i contend that the existence of the universe and all that is in it is evidence for the existence of God. science increases our knowledge about the amazing intricacy and mind-boggling complexity of the universe, thus further strengthening my case that it is evidence for the existence of God."
i do hope that, reading the above, you will realize that i am NOT making an argument from ignorance. please, engage with what i am actually saying instead of stubbornly beating straw men!
<quoted text>
the claim advanced is, "there is a God."
the evidence advanced is, "the universe, in all its' beauty and complexity."
so no, you can't just dismiss the evidence. you have to either show that the universe is not beautiful and complex; or that there is a better explanation for it's existence, beauty, and complexity than the existence of God. so far you have utterly failed to do either, resorting instead to mere assertions of your own opinion and ad hominem attacks. therefore, my claim stands.
You're a poe at this point. "Science helps us to understand the complexity of the universe, therefore, god!" Really?
Doctor REALITY

United States

#604477 Feb 21, 2013
The earth is FILLED with COMPLETE EVIDENCE of God's existence and His Glory,and yet atheists want to continue to play this little game called STOOPID.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#604478 Feb 21, 2013
Phroderick Fronkensteen wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your hatred for the truth.
It was christianity--your religion--which is responsible for those crimes against humanity. You cannot and will not change that. If you don't want to be associated with it, I suggest you find a better religion.
You think Christianity *caused* Mcveigh & Lanza to do what they did?!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#604479 Feb 21, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Teacher? That would just be another middleman. Seems to me all you would be able to do would be to show your "god" respect. No middleman. But I guess that makes too much sense to someone like you huh? You need more structure. You need more man made rules. One day eating meat is a sin. Then Oops.... we've made a mistake and now we're changing that rule and now it's good. Meanwhile you're focusing on what your man-made religion wants instead of focusing on your "god". Yep, I'll bet your "god" is really disappointed with all of religions charades. As you've already mentioned, "God" wouldn't need religion, religion would need "God". LOL....
Now I know that there are in-fact people who do exactly that - They only show "God" respect and do what they know in their heart is right everyday. What's hard to figure out is why are so many people following a gross interpretation of "God" instead of just honoring "God". Oh wait that's right, your churches wouldn't make any money that way now would they? Weird...
Except for your childish shit talking, I agree with you.

Believe it or not.

I really don't care if you don't believe me, but if & when God ever touches you or you actually hear His voice, you'll start paying attention to Him a little more.(Not religion, God)

Location hidden

#604480 Feb 21, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are bringing consultancy into the mix, and that has no bearing on the analogy. If there exists a God, He would've created the system of evolution. He would not have bought evolution from someone else or rented it from someone or something else.
But oh why do I even bother with someone who claims faith is a brain virus. I'm still waiting the proof of this claim from any health department in the world.
I don't think that anyone claims that faith is an actual virus - but that it behaves so much like one that it is not inaccurate to call it a "mind virus" or a "meme." It replicates itself by "infecting" new hosts, it is resistant to attempts to "purge" it from one's mind, and it encourages behavior that helps it to spread.

Some light reading:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viruses_of_the_M...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Root_of_All_...

There is a lot more out there if you are interested.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min ImPeach 26,099
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 6 min UMORONRACEMAKEWOR... 53
to Maria Chapelle-Nadal: it's time to ROLL, sista' 13 min Doctor REALITY 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min Gods r Delusion x... 685,740
I hate Haiti (Jan '10) 1 hr Anne Nonymiss 109
"BIGGEST SCAM in WORLD HISTORY...." 1 hr YTube 1st 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Here For Now 619,748
More from around the web