OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#604092 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not lying.
"In God We Trust" was added to US money in 1864. Period. Specifically, the 1864 2 cent coin.
It was first proposed by a Rev. M. R. Watkinson, Minister of the Gospel from Ridleyville, Pennsylvania.
Who?
A CHRISTIAN.
And the Act was passed by the United States Congress.
And I'll bet you're still gonna ask which god, huh?
(Mylan - THIS is an unbiased link)
http://www.treasury.gov/about/education/Pages...
He shoots, he scores!
Yep- I sure am gonna ask which god since no particular god is specified.

You see, not ALL Christians are as dismissive of the gods others believe in as YOU are, but of course, you MORONICALLY assume that ANY mention of god ANYWHERE is in direct and specific reference to the Christian god.

Once again, and as really almost always, you're WRONG.

And yes, RR, you ARE a LIAR.
_BobLoblah_

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#604093 Feb 20, 2013
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
what if religion tells you to hate and kill others who dont believe as you do?
www.evilbible.com
www.thereligionofpeace.com
21Feb13.....

.....islam does.....

Ps:...Go read da Quoran.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#604095 Feb 20, 2013
Forum wrote:
God took Moses and his people out of slavery in Egypt.
Bugs Bunny took his people out of slavery in Acme, USA.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#604096 Feb 20, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Your post should have been directly addressed to Riverside Redneck.
But to answer you myself, why does everyone have to have any spirituality or belief in any higher power?
Freedom OF religion also means freedom FROM religion if that is the totally personal and private choice an individual wants to make.
No it shouldn't.

I don't believe that everyone should think the same, so.....

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#604097 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What?!?
If it was Buddhists that keep that slogan, it'd say "In gods We Trust"...
'_'
STFU already.

You've spent almost the entire day trying to argue a non-point or at the very least trying to refute that the word "god" on our money can mean a DIFFERENT god to DIFFERENT people with DIFFERENT beliefs, nor have you provided ANY proof that ANY specific god is being referred to.

UGH.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#604098 Feb 20, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Yep- I sure am gonna ask which god since no particular god is specified.
Right, because Christians invented that slogan, you're still not sure "which god"....

Lemme ask ya this - what religion other than Christianity calls their god "God"?

They all have names.

It does't say "In Allah We Trust".....

It does't say "In Zeus We Trust".....

It does't say "In Shiva We Trust".....

It surely doesn't say "In a god We Trust"

'_'

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#604099 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No it shouldn't.
I don't believe that everyone should think the same, so.....
No- you just believe that EVERYONE should think the word "god" on money refers to the god that YOU believe in, so yes, you DO believe that everyone should think the same, LIAR.

Location hidden

#604100 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
AND - that doesn't mean it's right.
Actually dimwit, since none of it has been proven wrong, Not even a little bit, that kind of shows they are right. Math is an absolute language. Math is all about logic, which is why you try to discount it so much. Ironically discounting something is a mathematical issue too LOL...
USG

Saint Louis, MO

#604101 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it doesn't say "In The Christian God We Trust".
I've never said it did.
But when a slogan like "In God We Trust" is invented, advocated & kept by Christian people, you still wonder "what god?"..........
O_o
Just because there is a slogan on money doesn't prove or disprove anything. What is your point anyway?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#604102 Feb 20, 2013
OCB wrote:
Religion does NOT bring people together; it divides people of different religions with much animosity and hatred.
While that's true, typically. Especially if you're talking about religion vs religion.

But for people, religion has done more for societies than anything else.

Religion helped bring about the end of slavery.

Religion helped to regulate our conduct and behaviour in society.

A true religion will ensure peaceful co-existence,love and harmony.

As a science of self-improvement,religion offers a therapeutic and success-oriented lifestyle.

True religion protects the human rights of everyone and prevents their violation.

True religion ensures social justice,equality and security for all its adherents.

True religion ensures a happy,holy,healthy mind in a healthy body.

True religion provides for good governance of society and good care of its citizens.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#604103 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

What?!?
If it was Buddhists that keep that slogan, it'd say "In gods We Trust"...
'_'
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>STFU already.
LMAO!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#604104 Feb 20, 2013
USG wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because there is a slogan on money doesn't prove or disprove anything. What is your point anyway?
His point? NONE- as usual, or at best (which is really at worst) he is trying to back up his moronic and erroneous notion that the USA is a Christian nation.

RR would like nothing better than for the USA to be a theocracy with it being a CHRISTIAN theocracy.

And he has the GALL to claim to be a good American.

HA!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#604105 Feb 20, 2013
Mylan wrote:
Actually dimwit, since none of it has been proven wrong, Not even a little bit, that kind of shows they are right.
Just like God.

Gee, thanks Mylanta.

You're a scholar and a gentleman.

Location hidden

#604106 Feb 20, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
They don't say that, what they say is that there is little to identify who he was...if he did exist.
No, I'm pretty sure they are MUCH more specific than that. LOL...

"The actual evidence concerning the Exodus resembles the evidence for the unicorn," writes Baruch Halpern of Pennsylvania State University.

"The Book of Joshua is of no historical value as far as the process of settlement is concerned," contends Volkmar Fritz, director of the German Protestant Institute of Archaeology in Jerusalem.

"The period of the patriarchs, exodus, conquest, or judges as devised by the writers of Scriptures ... never existed," declares Robert Coote of San Francisco Theological Seminary.

The Genesis and Exodus accounts are "a fiction written around the middle of the first millennium," states Niels Peter Lemche at the University of Copenhagen, and, "The David of the Bible, David the king, is not a historical figure."

Not sure how an educated person could misinterpret what they said, unless they're a big fan of unicorns...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#604107 Feb 20, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No- you just believe that EVERYONE should think the word "god" on money refers to the god that YOU believe in, so yes, you DO believe that everyone should think the same, LIAR.
On that note, yes.

Because it's true.

Just like I want all people to think that "$20" on a US note means "twenty dollars". Because it's true.

Location hidden

#604108 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Besides, do you know where he got his "data"?
I do.
Well thanks for verifying that no matter what, you'd try to weasel out of the facts. Plenty more where those can from. LOL...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#604109 Feb 20, 2013
USG wrote:
<quoted text>
That some silly poster (I won't name OCB's name) likes to think that the US was in no way, shape or form founded by Christian people and that America is in no way, shape or form a Christian nation.

Every time I say "Christian nation", all she talks about are the laws, even though our US Congress approved the addition of "In God We Trust" on our money since 1864 and it has never been altered or removed.

Or that very recently, our US House of Representatives kept "In God We Trust" as the US motto, in a landslide victory of 396-9.....

Location hidden

#604110 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
No, it doesn't say "In The Christian God We Trust".
I've never said it did.
We already know that OCB won the debate, you don't need to verify it any further.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#604111 Feb 20, 2013
Cephyr13 wrote:
We exist.
Someone who can create matter had to have created us, because we didn't spring out of nothingness for no reason.
Enough said.
Whether we believe or not, He'll save us in the end, one way or another. Technically, deep down, we all know He's real. Some just don't want to acknowledge it, because we're upset with Him.
- Brian
Maybe humans are an experiment gone awry.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/articl...

Maybe our God is bored of our fleshly debacles of greed, lust and murdering our own kin. Could it be that his expectations were too high regarding primates? Or maybe he's on a millennia long bender and left us on the back burner?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#604112 Feb 20, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>His point? NONE- as usual, or at best (which is really at worst) he is trying to back up his moronic and erroneous notion that the USA is a Christian nation.
RR would like nothing better than for the USA to be a theocracy with it being a CHRISTIAN theocracy.
And he has the GALL to claim to be a good American.
HA!
Derp.

A theocracy is a system of government in which priests rule in the name of God.

I've told you countless times that is NOT what I want.

I know it must butt-hurt you beyind belief to have this knowledge of our Christian nation stuck in your mind.

Don't like it?

HA HA HA!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Catcher1 100,716
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Robert F 670,396
No Walls! Don't fence Me In! 18 min Tony 30
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 26 min Tony 6,148
the telomere 1 hr Kimberly2017 3
secret weapon contributing to global chaos...pa... 1 hr Kimberly2017 6
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr waaasssuuup 445,657
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) Wed Pegasus 286,455
More from around the web