#604127 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Just like God.
Not at all like god you dimwit.
Forum

Lovington, NM

#604128 Feb 20, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>No, I'm pretty sure they are MUCH more specific than that. LOL...
"The actual evidence concerning the Exodus resembles the evidence for the unicorn," writes Baruch Halpern of Pennsylvania State University.
"The Book of Joshua is of no historical value as far as the process of settlement is concerned," contends Volkmar Fritz, director of the German Protestant Institute of Archaeology in Jerusalem.
"The period of the patriarchs, exodus, conquest, or judges as devised by the writers of Scriptures ... never existed," declares Robert Coote of San Francisco Theological Seminary.
The Genesis and Exodus accounts are "a fiction written around the middle of the first millennium," states Niels Peter Lemche at the University of Copenhagen, and, "The David of the Bible, David the king, is not a historical figure."
Not sure how an educated person could misinterpret what they said, unless they're a big fan of unicorns...
Protestant means protest.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#604129 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dunno.
Probably because it's against the Constitution to formerly declare a national religion. By keeping it "In God We Trust" makes it look like it appeals to everyone with any ole god....
It's genius.
No- what it does is RESPECT that not everyone believes in the same god so "god" can mean different things to different people, you TWATWAFFLE.

Of course, it can be perceived as disrespectful to those who don't believe in ANY god, but that's not what this is about.

And yes- you mock our Constitution by your continual insistence that the USA is a Christian nation; if that were true, that would mean that Christianity was our national religion, which it most certainly is NOT.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#604130 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
The problem with your straw man is it's all conjecture.
Who are you trying to convince, me or yourself? If, what you said had any truth to it, then you would be able to EASLIY prove it.

You can't.

Sucks to be you, slave.
James

Dubuque, IA

#604131 Feb 20, 2013
I'm Roman Catholic and religious and everything like that. I noticed the first guy said don't read off a scripture so that's out. But another guy was right about something too. Something had to have created the entire universe, and I heard that scientists are missing like this 1 second before the big bang that they are missing to prove God is fake. I think science is personally peoples opinion to be honest. They made all those dumb names for it, did some exeperiments saw it did this called it that. It's all dumb junk. Also, if science REALLY DID create our universe, that's like a - 300 % chance that something like the big bang would ever happened. If it happened before, why hasn't it happened billions of years later? I mean really come on science you can do better than that. God is real, and we will never know what happened 1 second before the big bang, because God will never allow it to happen. Simple as that folks. Also, for Mylan, no one knows if the bible including Genesis and Exodus are fake or real, researchers and scientists are all dumb asses, they just want to become rich and famous by proving God isn't real. God is never going to go away he will always be a part of human society and our lives. Also, just a little note, I can't explain why he is actually real and exists, the only reason people believe God is real is because this is what they were born into from their parents and their parents parents and THEIR parents parents. It's just natural, such as being able to breathe.

Location hidden

#604132 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
"Zip codes" do not equal "Christians"......
Aww.... what's wrong redneck, you dirty your diaper again?

By your OWN logic 80% of those people in those zip codes "must" be christians, so you lose AGAIN, numb nuts....

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#604133 Feb 20, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Not true.
You are biased and you are flat out lying.
"jesus" never even existed. Lincoln was not that religious. He was a Rationalist, denying all extraordinary, supernatural inspiration or revelation.
http://news.discovery.com/history/religion/pr...
And I have already posted a MUCH longer list of atheists who have helped shaped this world every bit as much. If this is a contest to you then bring it on. Bottom line, religious people are followers, not leaders. Leaders don't believe in made up stories. Georges Charpak A French physicist who was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1992 is a leader (and atheist). Thomas Eisner A German-American entomologist and ecologist, and known as the "father of chemical ecology" is a leader (and atheist). Richard R. Ernst A Swiss physical chemist, awarded the Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 1991 is a leader (and atheist). Leaders lead. Religious people follow myth and superstition. Imagine that.
Thank you for the link as it shows that Lincoln was a very spiritual man and even though he never attended church had a growing relationship with the words and meaning of the Bible in his later years.(This from your own link)

You said that I was biased. Of course I am as are you.(that should be obvious to anyone here)

You called me a liar. That was rude. Those words only point towards your lack of courtesy. Please don't let me think less of you as I have offered only courtesy and politeness towards you in my posts.

I believe that Jesus existed. That is my belief not yours.

I never said that atheists have not contributed anything towards humanity. That would be incorrect to make such a statement.

I merely presented information in rebuttal towards your general statement.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#604134 Feb 20, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You IDIOT. We have PROOF that $20 on a bill means it is twenty dollars.
NO proof of WHICH god is referred to on money any more than there is any proof of any god to begin with.
You've about bored me to tears with your nonsense and your LIES.
I have better and more important things to attend to than sticking around here right now.
But YOU- given how you actually LIVE on Topix; they might be sending you a RENT bill.
You- the VERY little "dictator"- saying what YOU want people to think- you FOOL.
People will think what they WANT to, not what YOU want them to you stupid fascist anti-American domestic terrorist.
Toodles!
Don't let the Heisenberg compensator hit you on the way out.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#604135 Feb 20, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>No, I'm pretty sure they are MUCH more specific than that. LOL...
"The actual evidence concerning the Exodus resembles the evidence for the unicorn," writes Baruch Halpern of Pennsylvania State University.
"The Book of Joshua is of no historical value as far as the process of settlement is concerned," contends Volkmar Fritz, director of the German Protestant Institute of Archaeology in Jerusalem.
"The period of the patriarchs, exodus, conquest, or judges as devised by the writers of Scriptures ... never existed," declares Robert Coote of San Francisco Theological Seminary.
The Genesis and Exodus accounts are "a fiction written around the middle of the first millennium," states Niels Peter Lemche at the University of Copenhagen, and, "The David of the Bible, David the king, is not a historical figure."
Not sure how an educated person could misinterpret what they said, unless they're a big fan of unicorns...
None of those comments pertain to what you said to began with.

Location hidden

#604136 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Right, Then people like Stalin & Pol Pot would run around unopposed.
Why would they run around unopposed, slave? Good people would STILL be here to oppose them, you moron.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#604137 Feb 20, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Not true. Not even close, slave. In fact the Bible praised the use of regulated slavery in the Old Testament.
Yes, for the people of THAT time, not for the people of ALL time.

Location hidden

#604138 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Probably because it's against the Constitution to formerly declare a national religion. By keeping it "In God We Trust" makes it look like it appeals to everyone with any ole god....
More back peddling? That's rhetorical...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#604139 Feb 20, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>B-R-I-L-L-I-A-N-T!!!
Could very well be not only one of the best posts of today, but one of the all time best posts on this thread to date.
MAJOR kudos to you!
Even more brilliant that the Christians, starting in the 1860s, found a way to get around the US Constitution and have "God" added to our money anyway.

Got to give them credit for their ingenuity.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#604140 Feb 20, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Not at all like god you dimwit.
A lot of people believe that the big bang theory is true, even though there is no hard-core evidence to show that it is true, just like God.

Thanks again!

Location hidden

#604141 Feb 20, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
None of those comments pertain to what you said to began with.
Well that's easy to fix. You either need to read it slower, or go further back.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#604142 Feb 20, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Who are you trying to convince, me or yourself? If, what you said had any truth to it, then you would be able to EASLIY prove it.
You can't.
Sucks to be you, slave.
"EASLIY"?

I dunno.....

Location hidden

#604143 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Yes, for the people of THAT time, not for the people of ALL time.
OH, you mean the people today that are in the bibull that YOU read? LOL....

Location hidden

#604144 Feb 20, 2013
Forum wrote:
Protestant means protest.
Religious means delusional.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#604145 Feb 20, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No- what it does is RESPECT that not everyone believes in the same god so "god" can mean different things to different people, you TWATWAFFLE.
Of course, it can be perceived as disrespectful to those who don't believe in ANY god, but that's not what this is about.
And yes- you mock our Constitution by your continual insistence that the USA is a Christian nation; if that were true, that would mean that Christianity was our national religion, which it most certainly is NOT.
I thought your last post was your last post......

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#604146 Feb 20, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Aww.... what's wrong redneck, you dirty your diaper again?
By your OWN logic 80% of those people in those zip codes "must" be christians, so you lose AGAIN, numb nuts....
Too bad for you your "unbiased" link was biased as hell AND unsupported by any facts....

Poor Mylanta

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min kent 688,384
Learn To Make Your Own Dental Partials At Home (Jul '13) 9 min I saved 2 dollars 6
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 22 min NotSoDivineMsM 35,877
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 34 min BOBB AKA BOBB 619,805
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr scienceanswersall 6,538
Does anyone else hate being around white women? 4 hr Advice to butt br... 21
Alyssa Milano really harassed or a new PR stunt... 5 hr Alyssa Mightbe Lying 1
More from around the web