Prove there's a god.

“Iamwhoiam”

Since: Feb 13

Ziimmontariisii

#603844 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Riiiiiight.....
Is that why so many "gays" swap back n forth between male/female sex partners?
They choose.
Real gays don't "swap" any more often than real straights. How often do you swap back n forth?

But I understand, you do portray yourself as the expert in all things on topix.

“Iamwhoiam”

Since: Feb 13

Ziimmontariisii

#603845 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I think a pet rock would make an atheist look smart.....
Throwing stones doesn't a genius make.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#603846 Feb 20, 2013
Greens-tuf wrote:
Quick one. How did the Zebra know that it needed strips for survival?
How did it know it was vulnerable?
Evolution of thought process alone would of taken millions of years .
What were they saying? We need stripes,we need stripes,we need stripes , over and over again.
Animals just are that smart enough.
Sorry , but they smell like intelligent design to me.
They didn't know, the ones without stripes got eaten before they could reproduce.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#603847 Feb 20, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure that when I took it, not saying "under god" would have gotten me in a world of sierra hotel india tango.
Although, in my first year, it was finally decided that it was unconstitutional to force us to attend a service-any religious service-every week.
Agreed.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#603848 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it doesn't. You're free to skip that part. Just like you can skip the "under God" part from the pledge of allegiance.
That's freedom, baby! You can't do that in countries with nationalized religion.
Then stop referring to the USA as a Christian nation. Since we have no official religion- nationalized or not- the USA is no more a Christian nation than it is a white nation.

That the majority of people are Christian doesn't determine that this is a religious nation OR a Christian nation any more than that the majority of people being white doesn't determine that this is a white nation.

Of course, you and I have been down this road before; you didn't understand it then so I hold out no hope that you will understand it now.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#603849 Feb 20, 2013
Egads - you said that wrote:
Real gays don't "swap" any more often than real straights.
Agreed. But it seems that so many people that call themselves gay are not actually gay, but bi.
How often do you swap back n forth?
Cute attempt at insult?

Never, I'm straight.
You're a quick learner.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#603850 Feb 20, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Then stop referring to the USA as a Christian nation. Since we have no official religion- nationalized or not- the USA is no more a Christian nation than it is a white nation.
That the majority of people are Christian doesn't determine that this is a religious nation OR a Christian nation any more than that the majority of people being white doesn't determine that this is a white nation.
Of course, you and I have been down this road before; you didn't understand it then so I hold out no hope that you will understand it now.
America is a fundamentally Christian nation, based on a long and well-developed tradition of Judeo-Christian philosophy.

Our military must make the following oath:

I,(NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

Our POTUS makes this oath:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States. So help me God.

We make this oath in court:

I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, So Help Me God.

Our money has had In God We Trust on it on coins since 1864.

As Christianity is NOT a national religion, it is certainly the backbone of America & American prosperity.

Deal with it.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#603851 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
America is a fundamentally Christian nation, based on a long and well-developed tradition of Judeo-Christian philosophy.
I,(NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States. So help me God.
I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, So Help Me God.
As Christianity is NOT a national religion, it is certainly the backbone of America & American prosperity.
Deal with it.
No- you deal with the fact that you are wrong.

In any case, the oath the POTUS takes does not refer to a Christian god or to any specific god of any specific religion, so that right there negates and invalidates your very first statement.

Same can be said of the mention of a god on our currency.

There is NO mention or even any indication that the god being referred to is the god of Christianity or that of any other religion.

Why? Because the USA has NO official religion and therefore, the USA is NOT a Christian nation.

So again- YOU deal with it.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#603852 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Deal with it.
Actually, not at all. Once we abolished slavery we stopped following the christian commands.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#603853 Feb 20, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No- you deal with the fact that you are wrong.
In any case, the oath the POTUS takes does not refer to a Christian god or to any specific god of any specific religion, so that right there negates and invalidates your very first statement.
Same can be said of the mention of a god on our currency.
There is NO mention or even any indication that the god being referred to is the god of Christianity or that of any other religion.
Why? Because the USA has NO official religion and therefore, the USA is NOT a Christian nation.
So again- YOU deal with it.
HAHAHA!

Is that a rebuttal?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#603854 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
We aren't perfect just because we're Christian, we're as fallable as you atheists.
You just proved it.

Know how?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#603855 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHA!
Is that a rebuttal?
Yes, it most certainly is and one I see you can't refute.

That you want to think it is the Christian god that is being referred to is YOUR issue.

I realize that as someone who has no respect or regard for the beliefs of others or for the beliefs in gods other than the one you choose to believe in, you would of course assume that the god being referred to in the POTUS oath and on our currency is the god you believe in.

Of course, since no particular god is specified, it could be ANY god that is being referred to- both in the POTUS oath, our currency AND our Pledge of Allegiance.

Sorry for your luck.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#603856 Feb 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, not at all. Once we abolished slavery we stopped following the christian commands.
Not to mention that since no specific god of any specific or particular religion is referred to, it could be ANY god being referred to rather than the one RR WISHES and moronically assumes is being referred to.

That's because any beliefs which don't coincide with RR's beliefs are not deemed as worthy of any consideration or respect from RR.

Some "good" American he is, huh?

NOT.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#603857 Feb 20, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, you can always count of the religious to be arrogant and hypocritical.
"Oh I'm religious and my religion preaches love. So let's go burn some innocent people tied to a stake, or rape someone like our priest do. Yeah, that's the ticket"
All Christians are just regular, normal, average people and all people will let you down at one time or another. Christians are NOT perfectly good people; we all fall short. We try to do good, but being imperfect we make mistakes and fail; but I myself try to be aware of my shortcomings. I do pray to God for strength, direction, for God’s grace and wisdom.
I don't think that I've ever thought about burning an innocent person or raping anyone and I don't think that any of my friends have either.

Though I'll be honest, there have been a few people over time ( especially last night) that I've wanted to put a boot on someones ass for being less than civil.

Can we be self righteous and judgmental? Unfortunately we all (Christians and non Christians - you just did it) are to some degree! Most try not to be, but Christian’s may not even realize that in your eyes they are self righteous and judgmental! To say otherwise would be untrue.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#603858 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>

Deal with it.
BTW, about the POTUS oath, you are a LIAR.

HERE is the oath:

Since George Washington first said the words on April 30, 1789, as prompted by Robert Livingston Chancellor of State of New York, every President of the United States has repeated the following simple presidential oath of office as part of the inauguration ceremony:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/thepresidentand...

"Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:—

“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oath_of_office_o...

US Constitution, Article II, Section 1

"Before he enter on the execution of his office, he shall take the following oath or affirmation:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States."

http://www.presidentsusa.net/oathofoffice.htm...

"The oath to be taken by the president on first entering office is specified in Article II, Section 1, of the Constitution:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Read more: The Presidential Oath of Office — Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0878064.html#i...

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0878064.html

Also, about us making an oath in court when testifying, you also lied about that, as one is NOT legally bound to say "So help me god".

"This is by a daughter of a murdered couple in Raytown who had a Bible and Bookstore [sic] on 63rd street.

When I had to testify at the murder trial of my parents a week ago, I was asked to raise my right hand. The bailiff started out; "Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?" I stood there and waited but she said nothing. She said, "Do you?" I was so stunned, I blurted out "What happened to 'so help me God'?" She came back with, "Do you?" I replied yes, but I was perplexed.

****Then the judge said ******"You can say that if you want to."***** I stopped, raised my right hand, and finished with "So help me God!" I told my son and daughter that when it came time for them to testify, they should do the same."

See that, RR- where the judge said she could say "so help me god" IF she WANTED to???? Which of course means there is no LEGAL obligation to include that.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/shmg.htm

And LOL!! You wonder why dishonesty is at the forefront of my mind when dealing with the likes of you- HILARIOUS!!!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#603859 Feb 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Real gays don't "swap" any more often than real straights. How often do you swap back n forth?
21Feb13.....

.....For someVon like YOU 'eggHeads' who JUST stuck dere nose hereIN....

Ps:.....Let's see how you 'measureUP' after 16,000+ postings like 'RiverSideRedneck' has. Huh!!!

Already you are leaning towards being a schidt-for-brains and undoubtly you are an eeejit.

Get a Life. Betta still....Get Lost. Phuck OFF.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#603860 Feb 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Throwing stones doesn't a genius make.
21F3b13.....

.....Neither does 'stupid' messages like dis 'eggHeads'.

Ps:.....Vottsamadda.....Cannot string two (2) centences together???...and don't indicate to anyVon dat you're gonna bee annudder 'copy & paster'.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#603861 Feb 20, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
Oh, I've seen it.
Man was a genius.
Yes, even the pope and the Dalai Lama respected him. I am a member of the Joseph Campbell Foundation associate program. He was a truly great man.

Location hidden

#603862 Feb 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't know, the ones without stripes got eaten before they could reproduce.
21Feb13.....

....Is a 'Zebra' White vit Black strips...

Ps:...or is a 'Zebra' Black vit White stripes???

Dis is NOT a Trick Question.

( No 'binging' now, either).

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#603863 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes sir, thank you sir. I have found my happiness and it cannot be wrapped up in a dollar bill.
roll the bill

you idiot

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Tony17 590,366
sexy girl want to Skype fun Skype: dilinazi20 1 hr morgo 7
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Tony17 100,016
Pavani Group Reviews 2 hr Namrata 4
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr dollarsbill 4,477
St Clair County IL DCFS (Sep '14) 3 hr wronglyaccused3 2
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 3 hr quilterqueen 1,425
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr who 271,353
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 19 hr swedenforever 176,949
More from around the web