Prove there's a god.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#603955 Feb 20, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
All Christians are just regular, normal, average people and all people will let you down at one time or another.
Sorry, but a "regular, normal, average" person is NOT delusional. Try again.
Christians are NOT perfectly good people; we all fall short. We try to do good, but being imperfect we make mistakes and fail; but I myself try to be aware of my shortcomings.
The only thing different from an atheist is that an atheist requires proof that something is REAL. You just take someones word for it, allow them to put a hook in your nose and then you follow where ever they want you to go. Sorry, but I don't see how that best uses the limited amount of time that a person has on this planet.
I don't think that I've ever thought about burning an innocent person or raping anyone and I don't think that any of my friends have either.
Well the club you belong to thinks it's a good idea, and always has. I personally couldn't belong to any organization that took part in such a terrible thing. Guess you have lower standards. The person who drives the get away car at a bank robbery gets the same punishment as those who were inside robbing the bank. Likewise you are just as bad as those who burned someone at the stake because you fully support that organization.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#603956 Feb 20, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
When I first came on this thread, I arrived like all the rest to save the "sinners" I had no ill will, pure of heart, no hidden agendas.
I was naive to the whole non Christian thing and to a point I still continue to be.
It's kind of funny to me that at my age, my life experiences and what I've done in my past that I continue to not be as cynical as I should be but still continue to have positive hope in us.
I was taken aback at the ferocity and hate that was initially directed at me by many of the posters on here. I was actually hurt by what was truly in my heart as goodwill and love was taken by those here as being mean, evil and hypocritical.
It caused me to take a few steps back and realized that most here were not mad at me. They were actually hurt, deeply hurt by what they felt the church had done to them. Fear, coercion, rape, lies and many other indignities that no one should ever have to experience.
I have tried to show that what these good people experienced was not due to God, but through people (church leaders)that interpreted the Bible in their own way.
Some by mistake and others by willful manipulation.
I still believe that the words of Jesus are good and correct and loving.
It's our interpretations of those words that are the issue.
Well, unlike the rest of arrived, you are the exception in that you did NOT arrive with ill will or hidden agendas.

MANY (so-called) Christians here did just that and continue to do so.

RR did it just today by DELIBERATELY LYING about the text of the POTUS oath. His AGENDA compelled him to add that the oath includes "so help me god" when it includes no such thing and NEVER has.

And while the words of your Jesus may indeed be good, correct and loving, there is no proof of the existence of ANY god and therefore there is no proof that your Jesus is the son of ANY god.

As a matter of fact, it is NOT 100% fact that a mortal man named Jesus Christ even ever existed, though much seems to point to the high likelihood that he did, but still, that would have been a mere mortal man and nothing more.

Al, I like you and respect you and you truly represent much that shows Christianity in a very positive light.

That being said, and just going by this thread, you are indeed an exception to the rule.

Sorry.....but one only has to read the posts here by the majority of Christians here to realize that most Christians don't know the meaning or purpose of the religion they profess to believe in and adhere to.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#603958 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Do you have a big cock?
No, you will pay the price, after I have had a chat with you, your self esteem will turn into turmoil, and you will commit suicide.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#603959 Feb 20, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
When I first came on this thread, I arrived like all the rest to save the "sinners" I had no ill will, pure of heart, no hidden agendas.
I was naive to the whole non Christian thing and to a point I still continue to be.
It's kind of funny to me that at my age, my life experiences and what I've done in my past that I continue to not be as cynical as I should be but still continue to have positive hope in us.
I was taken aback at the ferocity and hate that was initially directed at me by many of the posters on here. I was actually hurt by what was truly in my heart as goodwill and love was taken by those here as being mean, evil and hypocritical.
It caused me to take a few steps back and realized that most here were not mad at me. They were actually hurt, deeply hurt by what they felt the church had done to them. Fear, coercion, rape, lies and many other indignities that no one should ever have to experience.
I have tried to show that what these good people experienced was not due to God, but through people (church leaders)that interpreted the Bible in their own way.
Some by mistake and others by willful manipulation.
I still believe that the words of Jesus are good and correct and loving.
It's our interpretations of those words that are the issue.
So wouldn't it make sense for your god to show himself, or at least provide some proof - any proof - of his existence so that people would listen to him instead of the church leaders leading them astray?

Location hidden

#603960 Feb 20, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
Where is this closer inspection?
Certainly not in your mind. LOL....

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#603961 Feb 20, 2013
Oops! Unlike the rest *who have* arrived....

Location hidden

#603963 Feb 20, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
I understand that in their heart they mean well towards that person and want to help save them.
Save them? There's NOTHING to save them from, and even if there were, it is none of their business what someone else does as long as they don't hurt someone else. Religious people are some of the biggest busybodies on the planet.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#603964 Feb 20, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> It's painfully obvious you have no idea what stealth is and how it works . Exactly what the games they were doing and what or how the typhoons engaged the raptors.
The typhoons scored a few kills in a (mock) specific test.
Which was short range this is within visual perception.
If you can see your enemy , there is no amount of electronics jamming or radar reflection / absorption going to make any difference.
How the typhoons scored kills was in a very specific test
In a tight turn radius the typhoon is more agile and quicker.
The point is that the raptors are not invincible, but no plane ever is. The typhoons never got within 20 miles without being dead first.
But in testing ability if a typhoon ever got withing visual range
and in a tight turn dogfight it is superior and could kill the raptor. Which as I said is the exact same thing they trained in top gun school to the guys in F-14 vs migs scenario.
What is amazing is that if the Germans had not been able to make a single kill then it would show the typhoon totally worthless and the pilots crappy. The typhoon is a great generation 4 aircraft
and a great dog fighter. It also shows the raptor pilots the exact scenario to never allow to happen, which is the same exact thing they taught Tom Cruise in the movie . To never get into a turning contest with the enemy because he can turn faster and tighter.
But you also don't see the point of the raptor was proven already
in that no typhoon got within 20 miles without having missile lock on them. It means they did not detect the raptors and were dead before they could have done anything about it anyway.
But pilots need to be trained in all situations, and now know one to avoid at all costs. Never get caught dead in a turning race with a typhoon.
I am refering to a tournemant, a contest, idiot, with a win rate of 9/10. Missile lock within even 20 miles wouldn't work without countermeasures against stealth.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#603965 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, gimme a break.....
That was true hundreds of years ago, but Christians today are not the same Christians of the crusades.
Do you notice your work mindedness and your weak nature within your own children too? Do you feel embarrassd for them? Your mommy and daddy felt that way about you? What a broken family line you are! What will mother think of her pathetic kids? They must be very poor excuses for a human being. How often do you reckognize that they have no backbone?

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#603966 Feb 20, 2013
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>21Feb13.....
.....So, let yourSelf be clear...'are you a practicing Christian???'.
Ps:....even the hateful, hypocritical, hAtheists are NOT 100% as you could easily see with the 'Occupy' movement when they told the circulating Police that they were NOT involved and jest wannaed ta git da hell outta dere when the trouble started. Gutless they are. Hell-bound.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
I am a follower of Jesus Christ. Yes.
USG

Saint Louis, MO

#603967 Feb 20, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Well, unlike the rest of arrived, you are the exception in that you did NOT arrive with ill will or hidden agendas.
MANY (so-called) Christians here did just that and continue to do so.
RR did it just today by DELIBERATELY LYING about the text of the POTUS oath. His AGENDA compelled him to add that the oath includes "so help me god" when it includes no such thing and NEVER has.
And while the words of your Jesus may indeed be good, correct and loving, there is no proof of the existence of ANY god and therefore there is no proof that your Jesus is the son of ANY god.
As a matter of fact, it is NOT 100% fact that a mortal man named Jesus Christ even ever existed, though much seems to point to the high likelihood that he did, but still, that would have been a mere mortal man and nothing more.
Al, I like you and respect you and you truly represent much that shows Christianity in a very positive light.
That being said, and just going by this thread, you are indeed an exception to the rule.
Sorry.....but one only has to read the posts here by the majority of Christians here to realize that most Christians don't know the meaning or purpose of the religion they profess to believe in and adhere to.
I am just curious what you do believe in? Any spirituality?
_BobLoblah_

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#603968 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
See? I'm right.
lol
21eb13.....

....dat eeejit 'snatcher' jest didn't know dat you were playin' vit'em.

Ps:....so easy to rope'em in.

Jest like shoooootin' barrellllls in a monkey.

Keep hup da goot verk tooooooooo.

Dank GOD dat BobLoblah does Knot missschpell.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#603969 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I never said math is a theory, so.....
They used it for the big bang, so actually you did sparky.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#603970 Feb 20, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you will pay the price, after I have had a chat with you, your self esteem will turn into turmoil, and you will commit suicide.
Just when I think you can't possibly be a bigger nutsack, you go and prove me wrong.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#603972 Feb 20, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Just when I think you can't possibly be a bigger nutsack, you go and prove me wrong.
I said this to Riverside Redneck too.

"Do you notice your work mindedness and your weak nature within your own children too? Do you feel embarrassd for them? Your mommy and daddy felt that way about you? What a broken family line you are! What will mother think of her pathetic kids? They must be very poor excuses for a human being. How often do you reckognize that they have no backbone?"
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#603973 Feb 20, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Saw this on the news yesterday and couldn't believe it. Mississippi just abolished slavery this past week. Figures. They're a bit backwards and slow with everything.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/02...
21Feb13.....

....Den WHY are you still a slave?????

Ps:....Now dat you no yer rights, vhy don'tCha hire a lawyer and become a freeMan!!!!!!!!

....Like Freeman Morgan, for instance.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#603974 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
People who seriously practice a traditional religious faith--yadda yadda yadda...
Too bad for you your link was from a BIASED RELIGIOUS website.

Statistics prove them wrong.

Nice try though to massage your own ego.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#603975 Feb 20, 2013
USG wrote:
<quoted text>
I am just curious what you do believe in? Any spirituality?
Indeed. I tend to very strongly believe that a god exists, but not the god of the bible of that of any other organized religion.

My belief are wholly spiritual and not at all religious and of course, one can be spiritual without being religious and without adhering to any particular religion or the dogma of any particular religion.

My beliefs tend to coincide with that of Deism more than anything else.

I was born into the Jewish religion, but was not raised religiously although my family did celebrate most Jewish holidays but really more as family gatherings than anything else.

What my Judaism means to me does not have anything to do with the religion itself, but with the heritage and culture of Judaism.

And as a kid, we also celebrated Christmas, but having NOTHING at all to do with the religious aspects of that holiday either and instead the focus was on Santa, presents and having a Christmas tree- in other words, the fun aspects of the holiday.
_BobLoblah_

Location hidden

#603976 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Do you have a big cock?
21Feb13.....

.....Brilliant, Funny, Agreed.

Ps:....and he's become a 'pencilDick' on being 'calledOUT'.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#603977 Feb 20, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I am refering to a tournemant, a contest, idiot, with a win rate of 9/10. Missile lock within even 20 miles wouldn't work without countermeasures against stealth.
There was no win of 9/10. There was only a score of several kills.
You're painfully ignorant of the facts.

Critics of the F-22 Raptor – the world’s best fighter – celebrated when, in July, in a simulated, unrepresentative exercise, German Typhoon fighters “defeated” the Raptor. The F-22&#8242;s critics thought they had finally found the “evidence” that the F-22 was useless.

But they were dead wrong and had nothing to celebrate.

It turns out that not only was the exercise unrepresentative of the way USAF operates and how air combat is waged, the rules of engagement were set to assume that F-22 pilots and operational planners would actively cooperate in getting themselves killed by:

1) Not using the F-22&#8242;s powerful APG-77 AESA radar.
2) Not using any AWACS aircraft.
3) Not following current American fighter doctrine and tactics.
4) Flying at low speeds and low altitudes.
5) Not using the AIM-120D missile with its over 180 km range.
6) Not using any jammers of its own.
7) Not using any towed decoys, chaff, or flares to spoof enemy missiles.
8) Not using a Missile Approach Warning System.
9) Not using the F-22&#8242;s kinematic capabilities to outturn enemy missiles.
10) Sending single aircraft rather than groups of 3-4 Raptors (in the July exercise, single Raptors flew against single Typhoons; such combat engagements never occur in reality).

http://www.conservativedailynews.com/2012/11/...

Moreover, the Typhoon pilots admitted that in Beyond Visual Range combat, the F-22 is undisputably peerless. They merely claimed they can defeat it in close combat by coming and staying as close to it as possible. The F-22&#8242;s ignorant critics thought they had found proof of the F-22&#8242;s inferiority, and claimed that most A2A combat occurs within visual range.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Bongo 119,058
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min _KENTUCKY 678,980
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 30 min manapua 2,525
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr curtjester1 46,211
Why does everyone claim that they are native am... (May '09) 2 hr Anonymous 28
Illegal to hoard or store extra food under USA ... (Jun '08) 4 hr Wanderer 27
traveling back in time 4 hr NewsYTube 3
More from around the web