Prove there's a god.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#603984 Feb 20, 2013
OCB wrote:
Please- don't attempt to talk down to me again
No one was talking down to you. Only you have control as to how you "interpret" the printed word. If you think that this is in error then you have other issues. Thank you.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#603985 Feb 20, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, semantics is not the topic.
<quoted text>
Great, then stop whining.
You've lost the arguement, haven't you?
_BobLoblah_

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#603986 Feb 20, 2013
BobLoblah wrote:
<quoted text>
hey everybody, look how smart i am; i figured out how to award myself good judgeit icons! all i have to do to make myself look smart is to log out from my account, and then i can award myself all the brilliant and agree icons i want! if you atheists are so smart how come you didnt' figure it out???
i'm de schmardtest poster in all uff Topix!!!!!!!!!!
21Feb13.....

..ListenUp, ya dwarf.

Your message has been.....'Reported'.....to administration

Ps:....trying or attempting to 'assume', either another Poster's Topix name, or part thereOff is contrary to the Terms and Conditions that you (supposedly) read 'before' you signedUP to TOPIX Forums.

Now dat you have been by reported by the REAL BobLoblah.....expect to be tossed.

....and its goodNight and Phuck You from da REAL BobLoblah.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Location hidden

#603987 Feb 20, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
I am a follower of Jesus Christ. Yes.
Religious people are inherently followers, not leaders.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#603988 Feb 20, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, semantics is not the topic.
<quoted text>
Great, then stop whining.
I wasn't whining about a damn thing. Do tell me what I was whining about. You'll come up empty, my dear.

And I said nothing about semantics nor was I talking semantics.

It seems you have a comprehension problem or something.

I know that sex is sex. I know that love is love. I know that they are not one and the same.

I know one can have sex without having love. And I know one can have love without having sex, though a romantic relationship between consenting adults that does not include sex is certainly missing something and all the more if sex is never a part of the relationship.

At any rate, you spoke to me as if you were providing sex education to a 15 year old, so knock it off and again- do tell me where I whined.

That is a lie.

So......as I have really very little respect for liars, I guess I don't respect you as much as I thought I did.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#603989 Feb 20, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>No one was talking down to you. Only you have control as to how you "interpret" the printed word. If you think that this is in error then you have other issues. Thank you.
Yeah- YOU were talking down to me. Telling me I'm confused and that you guess I didn't know this, that or the other thing....

Please.

Frankly, I would prefer that you not post to me again; you've really put a bad taste in my mouth and I certainly won't be posting to you again.

Peace out.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#603990 Feb 20, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I wasn't whining about a damn thing. Do tell me what I was whining about. You'll come up empty, my dear.
And I said nothing about semantics nor was I talking semantics.
It seems you have a comprehension problem or something.
I know that sex is sex. I know that love is love. I know that they are not one and the same.
I know one can have sex without having love. And I know one can have love without having sex, though a romantic relationship between consenting adults that does not include sex is certainly missing something and all the more if sex is never a part of the relationship.
At any rate, you spoke to me as if you were providing sex education to a 15 year old, so knock it off and again- do tell me where I whined.
That is a lie.
So......as I have really very little respect for liars, I guess I don't respect you as much as I thought I did.
Because you are 15. You have got to be 18 at best, nothing more.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#603991 Feb 20, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a proper contest with the typhoon winning 9/10. This is an entirely different match, one you don't know about.
You're full of shit, and making stuff up now.
Same thing as saying you know god is reel cause YOU seen one!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#603992 Feb 20, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>And just where does the link you provided state the religious affiliations of those who authored the words?
And again- where is ANY indication that ANY specific god is being referred to?
I'm not being stubborn; I'm showing you up yet AGAIN for the fool and the LIAR you are, LIAR.
You're being very stubborn. You're refusing to acknowledge that the people that create things like "In God We Trust" are not Christian & therefore you assume that "In God We Trust" or "So help me God" are not Christian in nature.

Knock it off, all you're accomplishing is a boring argument.
USG

Saint Louis, MO

#603993 Feb 20, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed. I tend to very strongly believe that a god exists, but not the god of the bible of that of any other organized religion.
My belief are wholly spiritual and not at all religious and of course, one can be spiritual without being religious and without adhering to any particular religion or the dogma of any particular religion.
My beliefs tend to coincide with that of Deism more than anything else.
I was born into the Jewish religion, but was not raised religiously although my family did celebrate most Jewish holidays but really more as family gatherings than anything else.
What my Judaism means to me does not have anything to do with the religion itself, but with the heritage and culture of Judaism.
And as a kid, we also celebrated Christmas, but having NOTHING at all to do with the religious aspects of that holiday either and instead the focus was on Santa, presents and having a Christmas tree- in other words, the fun aspects of the holiday.
I can understand where you are coming from. My belief is that most people are praying to the same God, they just don't know it. As far as organized religion goes, it's man's way of harnessing the good and bad in people. Some people have to be told what to do or not to do and who better to tell them than a religious group? Otherwise it's just regular people saying what is right and wrong. Either way, I don't see that religion as a whole is a bad thing.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#603994 Feb 20, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No, LIAR. YOU tell ME WHY it was written, WHAT it means, etc.
After all, YOU are a staunch defender of the bible- not ME.
And you're still a LIAR.
To actually LIE about what the POTUS oath is- my GOD, man!
Have you NO conscience, NO sense of decency, NO morals, NO integrity, NO ethics?
And YOU consider yourself to be representative of Christians or Christianity???
If so, you are representing Christians and Christianity just as you represent yourself- as someone totally devoid of any conscience, decency, morals, integrity and ethics.
Since you admit you don't know what the bible says about slavery. why it's written, who it's written for or for what purpose it was written, you have no right to say that "the bible teaches you can own slaves".

I think it's about time you shut that cock holster you call a mouth.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#603995 Feb 20, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You're full of shit, and making stuff up now.
Same thing as saying you know god is reel cause YOU seen one!
Lost, little doggie?
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#603996 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're being very stubborn. You're refusing to acknowledge that the people that create things like "In God We Trust" are not Christian & therefore you assume that "In God We Trust" or "So help me God" are not Christian in nature.
Do you notice your work mindedness and your weak nature within your own children too? Do you feel embarrassd for them? Your mommy and daddy felt that way about you? What a broken family line you are! What will mother think of her pathetic kids? They must be very poor excuses for a human being. How often do you reckognize that they have no backbone?

Be a man and respond.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#603997 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HUH?

You just said: You're refusing to acknowledge that the people that create things like "In God We Trust" are not Christian....

No- I never said they are NOT Christian- it is YOU who is insisting they are, when I said you have no PROOF or knowledge of WHAT their religious affiliation is or WHAT god is being referred to.

You have NO respect for those who speak of a god if the god they are speaking of is not the Christian god that you believe in.

Boring? That's YOUR middle name- along with tedious and tiresome.

And really- how you so disgustingly and blatantly lied about the POTUS oath just today and all in order to further your own agenda to portray the USA as a Christian nation???

You're not only a LIAR, your a DISGUSTING liar, LIAR.

Feck off, LIAR.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#603998 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you admit you don't know what the bible says about slavery. why it's written, who it's written for or for what purpose it was written, you have no right to say that "the bible teaches you can own slaves".
Do you notice your work mindedness and your weak nature within your own children too? Do you feel embarrassd for them? Your mommy and daddy felt that way about you? What a broken family line you are! What will mother think of her pathetic kids? They must be very poor excuses for a human being. How often do you reckognize that they have no backbone?

Be a man and respond.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#603999 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I admitted no such thing, LIAR. I quoted the bible VERBATIM.

Your problem is that you can't refute that your bible sanctions and approves of slavery.

That would be your issue, D*CKBREATH.

And don't tell ME to shut up- this isn't a dictatorship any more than it's a theocracy though I know that the USA being BOTH is your fervent desire, you sick, motherf*cking LIAR.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#604000 Feb 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
America is a fundamentally Christian nation, based on a long and well-developed tradition of Judeo-Christian philosophy.
Our military must make the following oath:
I,(NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.
Our POTUS makes this oath:
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States. So help me God.
We make this oath in court:
I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, So Help Me God.
Our money has had In God We Trust on it on coins since 1864.
As Christianity is NOT a national religion, it is certainly the backbone of America & American prosperity.
Deal with it.
i'm with ya, my brother, believe me - i have a soldier in afghanistan as we speak!

but - where is your foundation should america as a democratic majority continue to decide through elections like our last, to divorce herself from our original heritage?

can you say like our Lord "My Kingdom is not of this world"?

Peace!:)

Location hidden

#604001 Feb 20, 2013
OCB wrote:
I wasn't whining about a damn thing.
I think you were... and are.
Do tell me what I was whining about.
Your last post, and the unneeded post before, and the unneeded post before and...

This topic seems to have struck a nerve. Instead of just saying the same thing over and over again, maybe just give everyone the benefit of the doubt and just drop it already. Sorry, I won't be responding to your "inevitable" reply. Thank you.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#604002 Feb 20, 2013
USG wrote:
<quoted text>
I can understand where you are coming from. My belief is that most people are praying to the same God, they just don't know it. As far as organized religion goes, it's man's way of harnessing the good and bad in people. Some people have to be told what to do or not to do and who better to tell them than a religious group? Otherwise it's just regular people saying what is right and wrong. Either way, I don't see that religion as a whole is a bad thing.
Interesting points, but I do see organized religion as a whole to be a very bad thing and no matter what the religion.

When one stops to think of the MULTITUDES of people who have been persecuted, tortured and killed all in the name of a god of one religion or another, that right there should tell us that organized religion as a whole is a very bad thing.

Separate religions creates separatism among the entire human race.

Organized religion does not bring people together; rather it drives people apart and often with the most tragic, unspeakable and heinous of consequences.

IF there is a god- and that IS a big IF- it is not a god who invented religion- that is all on mankind and historically speaking and still to this day, it has been to the detriment of mankind.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#604003 Feb 20, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Well, unlike the rest of arrived, you are the exception in that you did NOT arrive with ill will or hidden agendas.
MANY (so-called) Christians here did just that and continue to do so.
RR did it just today by DELIBERATELY LYING about the text of the POTUS oath. His AGENDA compelled him to add that the oath includes "so help me god" when it includes no such thing and NEVER has.
My "agenda" was to see (and prove) how much you really don't know about America.

People like you have argued with me that "In God We Trust" wasn't on our money until the 1950's.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min Aura Mytha 31,630
the REAL reasons O.J. Simpson beat murder charges 10 min Johnny 32
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr kent 687,417
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Tony 6,495
bathing nephew (Apr '16) 2 hr tom 5
Trump: "Get that Son of a B- - - - off the fiel... 2 hr Think out Loud 3
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 4 hr Prophet Meowmed 39,264
More from around the web