OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#603410 Feb 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I honestly don't think that forced sterilization is a good answer, either. It's nice to vent, though.
So what IS a good answer? What can we do about this ongoing problem?
Shoot 'em?
I posted yesterday about the tax revenue- in the many billions of dollars every single year- not being realized by our government due to the many tax loopholes available to the wealthy.

I know you will shill for the wealthy yet again, but really, save your breath.

Proportionately speaking, most tax paying Americans pay a far higher percentage in taxes than do the ultra rich in this country.

I think a more level playing field would go a long way, but I also realize that not only would that be a major undertaking, the ultra wealthy and the ultra powerful do not want a more level playing field.

Hence, the rich continue to get richer, while the poor continue to get poorer.

Do you know that there really is no actual middle class to speak of in the USA anymore?

"NEW YORK (CNNMoney)-- Are you better off than your parents?

Probably not if you're in the middle class.

Incomes for 90% of Americans have been stuck in neutral, and it's not just because of the Great Recession.

Middle-class incomes have been stagnant for at least a generation, while the wealthiest tier has surged ahead at lighting speed.

In 1988, the income of an average American taxpayer was $33,400, adjusted for inflation. Fast forward 20 years, and not much had changed: The average income was still just $33,000 in 2008, according to IRS data.

******Meanwhile, the richest 1% of Americans -- those making $380,000 or more -- have seen their incomes grow 33% over the last 20 years, leaving average Americans in the dust.******(How the rich became the über rich)

Experts point to some of the usual suspects -- like technology and globalization -- to explain the widening gap between the haves and have-nots.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/02/16/news/economy/...

"How desperate is the average American?

Behind the anguish are a barrage of studies and indicators that point to decades of struggle and backsliding, beginning as early as the 1970s.

Of course, everyone knows about the 12 million-plus Americans swelling the current unemployment ranks. But they represent only a small part of an increasingly systemic jobless problem. More than 8 million have settled for part-time jobs because they can't find full time positions, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. And millions more have become so disillusioned that they've dropped out of the workforce altogether.

The long-term trend is truly worrisome. For the American worker, each economic downturn since 1981 has been more bruising than the last, with the jobs market taking progressively longer to recover pre-recession levels. In 1981, it took 27 months for employment to recover. The relatively shallow 1991 recession cost 32 months; 2001 took four years.

Now, more than five and a half years after the Great Recession, unemployment languishes 3 percentage points below normal. With some 50,000 US factories closing since 2000, the prospect for a quick turnaround is grimmer than ever.

“The danger is that full recovery does not come at all,” warned the Economic Policy Institute in a recent report, which blames Washington, not workers.“Nations have thrown away decades of growth because policymakers failed to ensure complete recovery.”

To the American middle class, it increasingly seems that the invisible hand of the market no longer values its formerly vaunted talents and work ethic."

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/busin...

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#603411 Feb 19, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Ahem! C'mon...there is such a thing as way too small and far too huge, depending on who is doing what to whom.
I wouldn't know.

Like America, I'm "just the right size"...

;)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#603412 Feb 19, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Not as much as a problem as I would have with forced sterilization and all the more if that was paid for with my tax dollars.
But you're OK with tax paid abortions, birth control, food stamps, welfare, EBT, WIC, etc... All resulting from people that can't afford kids having kids.

Aside from the "forced" part, what's the difference?

Since: May 11

UK

#603413 Feb 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh c'mon man, don't be jealous. I know that England is smaller that Louisiana, but it's not the size that counts......
:)
and yet here you sit, typing in English.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#603414 Feb 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But you're OK with tax paid abortions, birth control, food stamps, welfare, EBT, WIC, etc... All resulting from people that can't afford kids having kids.
Aside from the "forced" part, what's the difference?
Is anyone forced to accept government assistance? Not that I've ever heard of.

And you ask what the difference is??

About tax paid abortions- RR, nothing sits right with you.

You don't want your tax dollars going to pay to raise a kid for 18 years and you also don't want your tax dollars going toward preventing having your tax dollars go toward raising a kid for 18 years.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#603415 Feb 19, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya watch.

I "favor" American English...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#603416 Feb 19, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be surprised if RR responds to you that he is typing in "American".

He lists that as his race on forms which ask for that information, so no reason to think that he doesn't think "American" is a language as well, despite the fact that it is no more a language than it is a race.

Yet RR thinks such astounding ignorance goes a long way toward him being the "good" and "patriotic" American he has deluded himself into thinking he is.

UK

#603417 Feb 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya watch.
I "favor" American English...
Exactly, you speak American-English, I do not speak English-American.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#603418 Feb 19, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
Hardly.
Horus was first.
Correct.

Horus was around WAY before the story of Jesus was. How do christians explain this? Well, they can't, so they pretend it isn't true. Unfortunately for them history has proven otherwise. Horus was an ancient Egyptian god, worshiped since before 3100 B.C.(the Pre-Dynastic period). There are tons of other religions that also have a son of God born to a virgin and end up being executed for redemption. In these myths the main character plays the "hero". It seems to be a common trend, and unfortunately for christians christianity was not the first to start it.

sources: The History Department of your local college.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#603419 Feb 19, 2013
UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text> that reason why those our dumb American War mongers/soldier become violent toward your country and bully other nations, So you gonna laugh?
what? I was just talking about killings in films, it's not really, so it's fine!!

Location hidden

#603420 Feb 19, 2013
Just Cults wrote:
You're losing now and you will ultimately lose while you swim in a lake of fire.
You're not a score keeper and there is no lake of fire you religitard. Your mommy and daddy were wrong. Suck it up and accept it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#603421 Feb 19, 2013
OCB wrote:
I posted yesterday about the tax revenue- in the many billions of dollars every single year- not being realized by our government due to the many tax loopholes available to the wealthy.
I know you will shill for the wealthy yet again, but really, save your breath.
Proportionately speaking, most tax paying Americans pay a far higher percentage in taxes than do the ultra rich in this country.
I think a more level playing field would go a long way, but I also realize that not only would that be a major undertaking, the ultra wealthy and the ultra powerful do not want a more level playing field.
If the government were to start taking more money from the rich do you honestly think they would put it in the pockets of the poor?

Please tell me that you don't think that.

The only thing that would accomplish is putting more money in the pockets of the government and in the pockets of the politicians. It would also force the business owners that are getting taxed so much more to raise all their prices on goods and services, hence costing the middle and lower classes more money, hence the poor in the middle class pay more.

Problems worse, not solved.
I won't pander to your "whoa is me" mentality.

I know that there it are a lot of people in America right now that are struggling. That are fighting tooth and nail just to make ends meet, just a foot put food on the table, just to keep their house warm at night.

I know that and I understand that.

But we have so much to be thankful for in this country, so many freedoms that other people don't have. It's not like those out of work Americans are living in a little metal shack not wearing any shoes. Their kids are still off to school, they still enjoy air conditioning, they eat more than bread and rice everyday.

Why don't you try comparing a typical poor American child to a typical Korean or Nigerian child.......

Location hidden

#603422 Feb 19, 2013
Just Retarded wrote:
Yes there is
Unfortunately for YOU your comment is void unless you have proof. Post it or publicly admit that you are a fool by default.

<cue Jeopardy theme music>

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#603423 Feb 19, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Is anyone forced to accept government assistance? Not that I've ever heard of.
And you ask what the difference is??
About tax paid abortions- RR, nothing sits right with you.
You don't want your tax dollars going to pay to raise a kid for 18 years and you also don't want your tax dollars going toward preventing having your tax dollars go toward raising a kid for 18 years.
I'm ok with tax paid abortions. You're wrong.

Like you said, the price of an abortion is much cheaper for us taxpayers than a lifetime of welfare debt.

Location hidden

#603424 Feb 19, 2013
Just Retarded wrote:
You're running off on a tangent again.
So then your "god" doesn't like to eat foreskins? Make up your mind and tell us if he prefers sour cream with them, slave.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#603425 Feb 19, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, you speak American-English, I do not speak English-American.
It's likely that you wouldn't understand it.

But my Air Force flies American planes. So does yours. HA

UK

#603426 Feb 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If the government were to start taking more money from the rich do you honestly think they would put it in the pockets of the poor?
The only thing that would accomplish is putting more money in the pockets of the government and in the pockets of the politicians. It would also force the business owners that are getting taxed so much more to raise all their prices on goods and services, hence costing the middle and lower classes more money, hence the poor in the middle class pay more.
<quoted text>
I know that there it are a lot of people in America right now that are struggling. That are fighting tooth and nail just to make ends meet, just a foot put food on the table, just to keep their house warm at night.
But we have so much to be thankful for in this country, so many freedoms that other people don't have. It's not like those out of work Americans are living in a little metal shack not wearing any shoes. Their kids are still off to school, they still enjoy air conditioning, they eat more than bread and rice everyday.
Why don't you try comparing a typical poor American child to a typical Korean or Nigerian child.......
you believe that the poverty rate in the US should be at a level of parity with a country like nigeria or north korea before it is considered poverty?

Oh you are a good little neocon.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#603427 Feb 19, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
"...U.S. leaders in Washington were persuaded by interpretation of special intelligence and reports from the ships that North Vietnamese naval forces had attacked the two destroyers. More recent analysis of that data and additional information gathered on the 4 August episode now makes it clear that North Vietnamese naval forces did not attack Maddox and Turner Joy that night in the summer of 1964."
from www.history.navy.mil
is that domain credible enough for you?
you just keep revealing like many americans hopped up on `Americana ` that you`re a gullible nut.
Viet Nam was fought as an ideological war , I don't care how they justified the start. It was made believed that we were fighting the spread of an evil communism empire. But we failed to turn enough people to maintain a stable pro Western Empire.
That's why we lost, there is no point in annihilating a people to win a war. That's as wrong as Hitler. But Britain did wage wars to break the back of Resistance against it's empire, in its history it was in fact quite brutal in it's exploits. Even if it had to kill nearly every one of the opposition.

America has never fought that kind of war. Except the Revolutionary and Civil wars. The world changed after WW2, in fact that kind of war cannot be fought anymore, not and hold support of NATO or the United Nations. To do so makes you into an Evil Empire, a thing Britain has been , but corrected in the modern world also.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#603428 Feb 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Blah, blah, blah...

Up to where you say we have so many freedoms. I definitely agree.

Yet here you were just today talking about forced sterilization and not just once before you decided to back pedal and state that you "honestly" don't think forced sterilization is the answer either.

Oh- and it's "woe" is me, but that's NOT my mentality.

And under NO circumstances is the expression "whoa" is me.

"Whoa" means to STOP and has an entirely different meaning than the word "woe".

Now- what were you saying earlier about people being too stupid and too ignorant to have children? I now realize that remark of yours was obviously about yourself.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#603429 Feb 19, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Unfortunately for YOU your comment is void unless you have proof. Post it or publicly admit that you are a fool by default.
<cue Jeopardy theme music>
Can you post evidence that you are right? Do you have a photo of the Big Bang or something?

Do you have evidence that God isn't real?

Can you show proof that hell doesn't exist?

Naw, didn't think so.

(Cue James Bond music)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The movements of O.J. Simpson on the night of J... 5 min Senecus 10
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 min trifecta1 607,253
sexting (guys only) (Jul '12) 22 min girls united states 232
Super Bowl 49 Preview 24 min mwk89 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 29 min Michael 568,475
Is Wicca a religion or an Occult? 32 min Aiesha 22
Scientific proof for God's existence 34 min PELE78 623
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 55 min WasteWater 267,559
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 12 hr Ntakudyaunya 12
More from around the web