Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
???
You "KNOW" Jesus isn't real?
Yep! Here's where he--I mean, that stolen bit of mythology--came from:

Adad and Marduk of Assyria, who was considered “the Word”(Logos)

Adonis, Aesculapius, Apollo (who was resurrected at the vernal equinox as the lamb), Dionysus, Heracles (you know him as Hercules) and Zeus of Greece

Alcides or Thebes, divine redeemer born of a virgin around 1200BCE

Attis of Phrygia

Baal or Bel of Babylon/Phoenicia

Buddha and Krishna of India

Dumuzi of Sumeria

Fo-hi, Lau-Kiun, Tien, and Chan-Ti of China, whose birth was attended by heavenly music, angels and shepherds

Hermes of Egypt/Greece, who was born of the Virgin Maia and called “the Logos” because he was the Messenger or Words of the Heavenly Father, Zeus

Horus, Osiris and Serapis of Egypt

Indra of Tibet/India

Ieo of China, who was “the great prophet, lawgiver and savior” with 70 disciples

Issa/Isa of Arabia, who was born of the Virgin Mary and was the “Divine Word” of the ancient Arabian Nasara/Nazarenes around 400BCE

Jao of Nepal

Jupiter/Jove of Rome

Mithra of Persia/India

Prometheus of Caucasus/Greece

Quirinius of Rome

Salivahana of southern India, who was a “divine child, born of a virgin, and was the son of a carpenter,” himself also being called “the Carpenter,” and whose name or title means “cross-borne”(“Salvation”)

Tammuz of Syria, the savior god worshiped in Jerusalem

Zalmoxis of Thrace, the savior who “promised eternal life to guests at his sacramental Las Supper. Then he went into the underworld, and rose again on the third day”

Zarathustra/Zoroaster of Persia

These are all pre-christian savior godmen who came to earth to save us from ourselves. This is not a complete list, however, but it’s a good enough start.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I have proof, so be quiet!
You got POOF alright!

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
"discounted legal advice"?
what heresy is this?!?!
Oops, sorry counselor.

I will transmit a referral fee to you forthwith.

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course.
America was built on personal endurance, freedom & caring for ones self along with the need to care for others.
I do believe that a person's health is their own responsibility, generally speaking.
right...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
She doesn't believe in God. She hates christians, she probably made up her own religion.
Don't fergit ta tell ell the folks yer from the southwest UK Lunger LOL! Hahahahahahahahah!
Palmdale UK!
<<SNORT!>>

“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text> Largelanguage has no one in his life. Everyone got tired of his nonsense and left him. Now, this is the only way that Largelanguage can get any attention. Most people wisely just scroll past his nonsensical comments :)
Agreed.

By the way; I'm curious about what that character you use as your avatar signifies.

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops, sorry counselor.
I will transmit a referral fee to you forthwith.
the clerk of my chambers will issue you with a tax receipt for said remittance by return...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
NEWS FLASH!
PTAG turned into a see of trolls this morning.
I jist stop by ta shoot the palmdale toxic rats.

“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't love dogs.
Dogs are our guardians; they're loyal, they alert us to danger, and they guard us while we sleep. They've always got one ear open. They show us unconditional love--which is something else you know nothing about.

Dogs come in all shapes and sizes and breeds, and in spite of their differences they all have one thing in common--they all have the heart of a lion. Maybe not the strength (and in many cases, not the brains), but they all have the same heart.

Dogs rock.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

MisterCharrington wrote:
so what then is the `American Dream`?
"life should be better and richer and fuller for everyone, with opportunity for each according to ability or achievement regardless of social class or circumstances of birth"?
but you seem to concede that you`re just the same as everyone else...where did the exceptionalism go?
As it says in our Declaration of Independence;

"all men are created equal" and we are "endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable Rights" including "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

That's the American Dream.

Getting rich is not.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice way to twist the words. What he said was that every American has the same opportunity to succeed - and they do.
Uh no.....RR said he could go to Yale if he wanted to.

No- he cannot. Not unless he can afford the exorbitant tuition or is intelligent enough to be awarded a scholarship.

And no.....every American does NOT have the same opportunity to succeed; like RR, you wear blinders and are ignorant of the complexities of socioeconomics which factor into the success or not of people.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
But the claim of "love" is inconsequential and since the entire notion is purely subjective it has no comparison to the claim of a specific god at all. You are comparing apples to ants, and that doesn't work at all. Love is as subjective as purple or "tastes good," we know the chemical reactions involved, we understand where it comes from and why it is part of our inherent emotional responses, and it has a ton of evidence to support it's existence ... there is still zero evidence supporting the existence of any specific god, none.
<quoted text>
Sure there is; through actions. But most christians don't know about that. Christians prove here day after day that as long as they're "forgiven," they don't have to care.
Really? Through actions, huh...?

So it it showing true love when a man beats his woman?

Emotions are relative and are not quantifiable.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

No they can't. "God" is a human invention.
<quoted text>
Rushing a sick kid to the hospital is a "crush," and not love?
Helping a stranded driver on the side of the road is a "crush," and not an act of love?
A five-year-old child working a fountain in the middle of a park to give a drink to a thirsty dog is a "crush," and not an expression of love?
Thanks for proving my point, moron.
<quoted text>
You don't even know what the fuck you're talking about, moron. Thanks for proving my point again.
Chemicals don't influence those actions. Chemicals only influence crushes. The love of a child does not mean chemicals.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Honeysucker_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
incorrect again, because both atheist and christians get the same oppertunity in education.
Egemucation opertunity? Homey school?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Well you're trying to lump them all together, and that is what makes you wrong. When you unconditionally love a child you teach them BOTH sides of the argument and then trust them to make the choice that is best for themselves. I've seen atheist parents do this. I've NEVER seen a religious parent do this. In-fact many religious parents would rather disown their children, that allow them to become atheists or switch religions. Imagine people switching religions in the middle east. They'd kill their own (supposedly loved) children before they'd allow that. Sorry sparky, that's NOT love.
Never, huh? Them you'd probably be shocked to hear that my kids don't go to church. My kids don't pray. They're making their own choices.

Just because lil ole Mylan hasn't seen it doesn't mean it don't happen.

And I seriously doubt that atheists like you would even entertain the idea of their kids wanting to learn about God.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
The people who have achieved the `American Dream` are the ones who invariably promote that there is such a thing.
Well, once upon a time, there was such a thing. Those days are gone.

Just simply surviving with NO possibility of home ownership, etc. is the name of the game in the USA today for the majority of Americans.

It's hardly a "dream" to wonder about how to pay a grocery bill; that's actually a nightmare and one I am very grateful for is not my own personal nightmare.

Still, I do keep in mind the following: There but for the grace of "god" go I.

There are hundreds of thousands of Americans who were living the American dream only to lose it all in a heartbeat and all too often through no fault of their own.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> OH...here comes Lunger with his pecker in his hand,
He's a 1 ball man,
an he's off ta the rodeo....
The palmdale dump sock puppet rodeo ta be sure.
Thank's fer call'n Lunger../..
You may go now...
Wait! Let me unhook yer chain from the fire hydrant!
There ya go...
You hate yourself, what a hollow shell! How did I possibly know what you mean? Oh dear deary!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
As it says in our Declaration of Independence;
"all men are created equal" and we are "endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable Rights" including "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
That's the American Dream.
Getting rich is not.
The DOI is NOT a governing document and never was.

And no- that is NOT the American dream and it never was.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

No they can't. "God" is a human invention.
You write that as though you know it.

C'mon. Tell the works if your discovery...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Do you think your brother in christ BobLoBlah is proof of your god?
No. People are not proof of God.

Silly athitard.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 572,541 - 572,560 of719,958
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

475 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 3 min shyam 4,466
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min RADEKT 256,352
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min June VanDerMark 532,284
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 16 min mdbuilder 172,195
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 16 min waaasssuuup 599,033
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 22 min waaasssuuup 440,827
Tony Dungy was right 23 min USN Atheist 14
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 58 min meman 114,940
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••