Comments
572,461 - 572,480 of 732,764 Comments Last updated 2 min ago

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#602754 Feb 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
What mistakes do you *think* I'm wanting to recreate?
You unconditionally support the conservatives. Let's start there.

And before you bring me or the liberals into the conversation you'd better think twice. I am not a liberal. I care ONLY about doing what's best for this great country and the working man.

“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#602755 Feb 18, 2013
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>19Feb13.....
.....Not only is 'Mylan' da 'LieLan' a hateful, hypocritical, hAtheistic schidt-for-brains...
Says the most hateful and hypocritical person on this thread.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#602756 Feb 18, 2013
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>19Feb13.....
.....ALL hateful, hypocritical, hAtheistic schidt-for-brains
Says the most hateful, hypocritical christian shit-for-brains on this entire thread.

Since: May 11

UK

#602757 Feb 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in American Exceptionalism. I know what it means.
I do believe we are all equal. I know every American is equal to the next.
Your point?(assuming you have one)
my point is that you don`t believe that when when someone is sick or injured in your society it has anything to do with anyone other than the person afflicted.

you appear to only subscribe to some convenient elements of american exceptionalism...sort of like your religious philosophy.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#602759 Feb 18, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Lying to their kids--jesus loves you, and if you don't love him back you'll go to hell--is verbal abuse. And psychological abuse, come to think of it.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a lie, though.
It's a lie, and even you know it.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You act as if Jesus isn't real....
I don't have to "act." I *know.*

Since: May 11

UK

#602760 Feb 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. Thanks for helping me make my point. That the rich getting richer & the poor staying poor is NOT an exclusive American trait.
so what then is the `American Dream`?

"life should be better and richer and fuller for everyone, with opportunity for each according to ability or achievement regardless of social class or circumstances of birth"?

but you seem to concede that you`re just the same as everyone else...where did the exceptionalism go?

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#602762 Feb 18, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
But the claim of "love" is inconsequential and since the entire notion is purely subjective it has no comparison to the claim of a specific god at all. You are comparing apples to ants, and that doesn't work at all. Love is as subjective as purple or "tastes good," we know the chemical reactions involved, we understand where it comes from and why it is part of our inherent emotional responses, and it has a ton of evidence to support it's existence ... there is still zero evidence supporting the existence of any specific god, none.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no evidence to support the feeling of love.
Sure there is; through actions. But most christians don't know about that. Christians prove here day after day that as long as they're "forgiven," they don't have to care.

Location hidden

#602763 Feb 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
True. And atheist parents are just as likely to indocrinate their kids into atheism as Christians indoctrinate their kids into Christianity as football fans indoctrinate their kids into football, etc, etc, etc...
Well you're trying to lump them all together, and that is what makes you wrong. When you unconditionally love a child you teach them BOTH sides of the argument and then trust them to make the choice that is best for themselves. I've seen atheist parents do this. I've NEVER seen a religious parent do this. In-fact many religious parents would rather disown their children, that allow them to become atheists or switch religions. Imagine people switching religions in the middle east. They'd kill their own (supposedly loved) children before they'd allow that. Sorry sparky, that's NOT love.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#602764 Feb 18, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, actually we do know exactly how "love" works, what causes it, and how it's triggered quite well, you have been shown the evidence used to help understand it and you dismissed it because you didn't understand the evidence itself, instead of looking it up. If you are going to throw a red herring fallacy, you should at least try to understand it enough that when someone decides to bite you could demonstrate how it's connected. Or better, understand the notions well enough that you don't look a total moron and say something really stupid like "we don't know ...." ... oh wait, you just did.
Now, to go into detail of why your analogy fails completely, we have had evidence that the emotional response we call "love" exists since we were able to comprehend what evidence is. This evidence includes, but is not limited to:
1. Physiological reactions, such as "heart ache." Increased pulmonary rate, increase in body temperature, and a flushing of blood veins. This is the strongest evidence because we see it all the time.
2. Irrational yet often beneficial behavior that is uncontrollable by one under the influence, such as pushing someone out of the way of harm that results in you taking that person's place. Carrying your wounded friend while being hunted by a violent force. This is more evidence of the existence of the emotion we labeled as "love."
3. An unfettered attraction that often defies sanity or logic. This often results in sexual arousal and uncharacteristic behaviors. Yes, this is evidence of the existence of an emotion we now call "love."
That's the evidence that we see without scientific measuring devices, when you buy a gift for someone without an occasion or reason, that's evidence as well. Now, where is the evidence for your god?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If those are evidence of love then they can also be used as evidence of God.
No they can't. "God" is a human invention.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#602765 Feb 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If those are evidence of love then they can also be used as evidence of God.
I know you feel the need to prove to yourself that God isn't real, but trying to prove an emotion with empirical evidence is flawed.
There is no empirical evidence for thoughts, emotions, dreams or imagination.
Or God.
Yet at five are very real.
Do you think your brother in christ BobLoBlah is proof of your god?

Location hidden

#602766 Feb 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Says the typical liberal.....
LOL... you're so stereotypical. What a close minded moron.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#602767 Feb 18, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Well you're trying to lump them all together, and that is what makes you wrong. When you unconditionally love a child you teach them BOTH sides of the argument and then trust them to make the choice that is best for themselves. I've seen atheist parents do this. I've NEVER seen a religious parent do this. In-fact many religious parents would rather disown their children, that allow them to become atheists or switch religions. Imagine people switching religions in the middle east. They'd kill their own (supposedly loved) children before they'd allow that. Sorry sparky, that's NOT love.
Muslims are actually allowed to do just that, no, not just allowed, ENCOURAGED... CONSTITUTIONALLY!

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#602768 Feb 18, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you ever be using the English language in your comments?
Ask BobLoBrow that same question.

Location hidden

#602769 Feb 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
That the rich getting richer & the poor staying poor is NOT an exclusive American trait.
It DOESN'T have to be you moron.

Fact is it's STILL an American trait !!! LOL....

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#602770 Feb 18, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate people that are mean. God is love.
Then christians don't believe in "God."

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#602771 Feb 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.marketplace.org/topics/economy/ple...
Not everyone wants to work, especially those lazy people that are federally subsidized and get everything for free.
Don't kid yourself, don't think that everybody wants to work.
I never said "everybody" wants to work. However, the MAJORITY of people do.

And the MAJORITY of people WILL take whatever jobs are available if that is the difference between being able to put food on the table or not.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#602772 Feb 18, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly......the big bang THEORY
the THEORY of evolution.
not facts
but the detailed DESIGN of life and creation is fact that every creation MUST have a creator.
TA-DA!
Evolution is a fact, which visibly proves itself everyday. There is no design, therefore no designer.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#602773 Feb 18, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Redneck is anti-American by trying to keep this great country back by repeating mistakes. That keeps us going backward, not forward.
Exactly. And I too have told RR several times that HE is the one who is anti-American and that is because he is.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#602774 Feb 18, 2013
Honeysuckler_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
incorrect again, because both atheist and christians get the same oppertunity in education.
The non-christians use theirs; the christians don't.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#602775 Feb 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you really just write that?
Seriously.....
Yes- simply to make the point that if EVERYONE was a business OWNER, there would be NO ONE to keep those businesses IN business.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 14 min JUDEletePete 117,955
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min Tuco Blondie 226,266
Unborn Baby Up For Adoption (Jan '13) 15 min saa 89
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min seriously the ori... 538,795
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 25 min Epiphany2 599,838
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 43 min AussieBobby 257,859
Obama FINALLY Talks About The Beheading 51 min Sarah 1
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr KiMare 94,646
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••