Prove there's a god.

Since: May 11

Burntisland, UK

#602816 Feb 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course.
America was built on personal endurance, freedom & caring for ones self along with the need to care for others.
I do believe that a person's health is their own responsibility, generally speaking.
right...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#602817 Feb 18, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
She doesn't believe in God. She hates christians, she probably made up her own religion.
Don't fergit ta tell ell the folks yer from the southwest UK Lunger LOL! Hahahahahahahahah!
Palmdale UK!
<<SNORT!>>

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#602818 Feb 18, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text> Largelanguage has no one in his life. Everyone got tired of his nonsense and left him. Now, this is the only way that Largelanguage can get any attention. Most people wisely just scroll past his nonsensical comments :)
Agreed.

By the way; I'm curious about what that character you use as your avatar signifies.

Burntisland, UK

#602819 Feb 18, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops, sorry counselor.
I will transmit a referral fee to you forthwith.
the clerk of my chambers will issue you with a tax receipt for said remittance by return...

Location hidden

#602820 Feb 18, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
NEWS FLASH!
PTAG turned into a see of trolls this morning.
I jist stop by ta shoot the palmdale toxic rats.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#602821 Feb 18, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't love dogs.
Dogs are our guardians; they're loyal, they alert us to danger, and they guard us while we sleep. They've always got one ear open. They show us unconditional love--which is something else you know nothing about.

Dogs come in all shapes and sizes and breeds, and in spite of their differences they all have one thing in common--they all have the heart of a lion. Maybe not the strength (and in many cases, not the brains), but they all have the same heart.

Dogs rock.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#602822 Feb 18, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
so what then is the `American Dream`?
"life should be better and richer and fuller for everyone, with opportunity for each according to ability or achievement regardless of social class or circumstances of birth"?
but you seem to concede that you`re just the same as everyone else...where did the exceptionalism go?
As it says in our Declaration of Independence;

"all men are created equal" and we are "endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable Rights" including "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

That's the American Dream.

Getting rich is not.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#602823 Feb 18, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice way to twist the words. What he said was that every American has the same opportunity to succeed - and they do.
Uh no.....RR said he could go to Yale if he wanted to.

No- he cannot. Not unless he can afford the exorbitant tuition or is intelligent enough to be awarded a scholarship.

And no.....every American does NOT have the same opportunity to succeed; like RR, you wear blinders and are ignorant of the complexities of socioeconomics which factor into the success or not of people.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#602824 Feb 18, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
But the claim of "love" is inconsequential and since the entire notion is purely subjective it has no comparison to the claim of a specific god at all. You are comparing apples to ants, and that doesn't work at all. Love is as subjective as purple or "tastes good," we know the chemical reactions involved, we understand where it comes from and why it is part of our inherent emotional responses, and it has a ton of evidence to support it's existence ... there is still zero evidence supporting the existence of any specific god, none.
<quoted text>
Sure there is; through actions. But most christians don't know about that. Christians prove here day after day that as long as they're "forgiven," they don't have to care.
Really? Through actions, huh...?

So it it showing true love when a man beats his woman?

Emotions are relative and are not quantifiable.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#602825 Feb 18, 2013
No they can't. "God" is a human invention.
<quoted text>
Rushing a sick kid to the hospital is a "crush," and not love?
Helping a stranded driver on the side of the road is a "crush," and not an act of love?
A five-year-old child working a fountain in the middle of a park to give a drink to a thirsty dog is a "crush," and not an expression of love?
Thanks for proving my point, moron.
<quoted text>
You don't even know what the fuck you're talking about, moron. Thanks for proving my point again.
Chemicals don't influence those actions. Chemicals only influence crushes. The love of a child does not mean chemicals.

Location hidden

#602826 Feb 18, 2013
Honeysucker_rose wrote:
<quoted text>
incorrect again, because both atheist and christians get the same oppertunity in education.
Egemucation opertunity? Homey school?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#602827 Feb 18, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Well you're trying to lump them all together, and that is what makes you wrong. When you unconditionally love a child you teach them BOTH sides of the argument and then trust them to make the choice that is best for themselves. I've seen atheist parents do this. I've NEVER seen a religious parent do this. In-fact many religious parents would rather disown their children, that allow them to become atheists or switch religions. Imagine people switching religions in the middle east. They'd kill their own (supposedly loved) children before they'd allow that. Sorry sparky, that's NOT love.
Never, huh? Them you'd probably be shocked to hear that my kids don't go to church. My kids don't pray. They're making their own choices.

Just because lil ole Mylan hasn't seen it doesn't mean it don't happen.

And I seriously doubt that atheists like you would even entertain the idea of their kids wanting to learn about God.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#602828 Feb 18, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
The people who have achieved the `American Dream` are the ones who invariably promote that there is such a thing.
Well, once upon a time, there was such a thing. Those days are gone.

Just simply surviving with NO possibility of home ownership, etc. is the name of the game in the USA today for the majority of Americans.

It's hardly a "dream" to wonder about how to pay a grocery bill; that's actually a nightmare and one I am very grateful for is not my own personal nightmare.

Still, I do keep in mind the following: There but for the grace of "god" go I.

There are hundreds of thousands of Americans who were living the American dream only to lose it all in a heartbeat and all too often through no fault of their own.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#602829 Feb 18, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> OH...here comes Lunger with his pecker in his hand,
He's a 1 ball man,
an he's off ta the rodeo....
The palmdale dump sock puppet rodeo ta be sure.
Thank's fer call'n Lunger../..
You may go now...
Wait! Let me unhook yer chain from the fire hydrant!
There ya go...
You hate yourself, what a hollow shell! How did I possibly know what you mean? Oh dear deary!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#602830 Feb 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"all men are created equal" and we are "endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable Rights" including "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
Getting rich is not.
The DOI is NOT a governing document and never was.

And no- that is NOT the American dream and it never was.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#602831 Feb 18, 2013
No they can't. "God" is a human invention.
You write that as though you know it.

C'mon. Tell the works if your discovery...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#602832 Feb 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Do you think your brother in christ BobLoBlah is proof of your god?
No. People are not proof of God.

Silly athitard.

Burntisland, UK

#602833 Feb 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Getting rich is not.
ok I have those, I`m not american and they aren`t a dream.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#602834 Feb 18, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Don't fergit ta tell ell the folks yer from the southwest UK Lunger LOL! Hahahahahahahahah!
Palmdale UK!
<<SNORT!>>
Hello bob/coyote/fortysomething/zuik o! A yikes for you!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#602835 Feb 18, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>It DOESN'T have to be you moron.
Fact is it's STILL an American trait !!! LOL....
Yes. Thank you!

(I never said it wasn't an American trait, btw)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min New Age Spiritual... 670,395
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min RiversideRedneck 100,713
No Walls! Don't fence Me In! 16 min Tony 30
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 24 min Tony 6,148
the telomere 1 hr Kimberly2017 3
secret weapon contributing to global chaos...pa... 1 hr Kimberly2017 6
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr waaasssuuup 445,657
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) Wed Pegasus 286,455
More from around the web