Prove there's a god.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#602575 Feb 18, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
NEWS FLASH!
PTAG turned into a see of trolls this morning.
A see of trolls, huh?

So you see trolls or do you see a sea of trolls?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#602576 Feb 18, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, actually we do know exactly how "love" works, what causes it, and how it's triggered quite well, you have been shown the evidence used to help understand it and you dismissed it because you didn't understand the evidence itself, instead of looking it up. If you are going to throw a red herring fallacy, you should at least try to understand it enough that when someone decides to bite you could demonstrate how it's connected. Or better, understand the notions well enough that you don't look a total moron and say something really stupid like "we don't know ...." ... oh wait, you just did.
Now, to go into detail of why your analogy fails completely, we have had evidence that the emotional response we call "love" exists since we were able to comprehend what evidence is. This evidence includes, but is not limited to:
1. Physiological reactions, such as "heart ache." Increased pulmonary rate, increase in body temperature, and a flushing of blood veins. This is the strongest evidence because we see it all the time.
2. Irrational yet often beneficial behavior that is uncontrollable by one under the influence, such as pushing someone out of the way of harm that results in you taking that person's place. Carrying your wounded friend while being hunted by a violent force. This is more evidence of the existence of the emotion we labeled as "love."
3. An unfettered attraction that often defies sanity or logic. This often results in sexual arousal and uncharacteristic behaviors. Yes, this is evidence of the existence of an emotion we now call "love."
That's the evidence that we see without scientific measuring devices, when you buy a gift for someone without an occasion or reason, that's evidence as well. Now, where is the evidence for your god?
If those are evidence of love then they can also be used as evidence of God.

I know you feel the need to prove to yourself that God isn't real, but trying to prove an emotion with empirical evidence is flawed.

There is no empirical evidence for thoughts, emotions, dreams or imagination.

Or God.

Yet at five are very real.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#602577 Feb 18, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>That the rich get richer and the poor get poorer IS largely an American "trait".
I'm not saying it isn't the case elsewhere, but then again, no other country other than the USA has proclaimed its country to be the richest country in the world. If that is the case, it is nothing short of shameful and disgraceful that the chasm continues to widen between the rich and middle income and lower income levels.
And.....if nothing else, since when do two (or more) wrongs make a right?
You're not serious, are you?

Pleeeeeeease tell me that was a joke.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#602578 Feb 18, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No- one couldn't say that, unless one is an IDIOT.
The REALITY is simply this: That SO few have SO much while SO many have SO little.
So okay....for those very few who have so much, that would be the human happiness you are referring to in the context of your post.
But that hardly speaks of the happiness of humanity as a whole where monetary issues are concerned.
You're assuming that happiness depends on how much you possess....

Why?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#602579 Feb 18, 2013
UdiotRaceMAkeWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Redneck don;t care as long he get dirty blood money, he mostly likely lowly sychopant or pawn, Warring soldierboy who does not care for US, as long he plunders , kill, steal... hes a war investors/supporters of evil men with reason but without/lack of moral will do what to its nation and the world people livelihood! He type will hide under right wing coalition Christianity Fundie.
Please tell me what I plunder, kill & steal .....

I'll wait.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#602580 Feb 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So you do have a problem with American Exceptionalism. You could've just said that.
I liked this one:
Richard Durbin, U.S. Senator
"In the post-Cold War era, the United States needs to promote the development of democracy and human rights, not militaries that view their own citizens as the enemy."
Which is EXACTLY what America does around the world.
Love it or leave it, man.
No one's forcing you to stay in America.
If you hate it so much, leave.
Do you EVER put the flag down? Do those stars and stripes strip you of all reason and any intelligence you possess- no matter how little that intelligence is?

What the USA does around the world all too often is sticking its nose in the business of other countries.

The absolute irony of this country having been formed to escape British imperialism only to then begin to become the most imperialistic country in the world is...well.....ironic.

And really- your "love it or leave it" crap is just that- CRAP.

We've been down this road before, RR. To criticize or acknowledge the faults of a country doesn't mean one doesn't love a country or that they don't want to be in that country.

It simply means accepting that there are flaws and that some of those flaws are very serious.

I realize this is a difficult concept for you to grasp since you have posted here that if one of your sons told you they were gay you would disown them, so the meaning of loving something/someone "warts and all" is a concept you just can't grasp.

However, for most people, they can love something or someone and without any possibility of that changing because they don't love some things ABOUT something or someone.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#602581 Feb 18, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You know, you sound like a little kid with very little reasoning ability:
But Ma- ALL the kids are doing it!!
"The rich get richer while the poor stay poor" is not an American trait only.

That philosophy has been going on for thousands of years, ever since currency & status starting to mean something.

You're hatred of America forces you to think otherwise.

It's really sad.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#602582 Feb 18, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
NEWS FLASH!
PTAG turned into a see of trolls this morning.
I see the sea but have you seen the sea?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#602583 Feb 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're assuming that happiness depends on how much you possess....
Why?
No- I am NOT- that is why at the end of my post I said: where monetary issues are concerned.

So, RR- it is YOU who made yet another stupid ASSumption.

Frankly, I personally am quite the minimalist and do with as little as possible and I live as simply and as "frill-free" as possible and I am very happy with my life and my lot in life.

However, for those struggling- and MANY through no fault of their own- to simply put FOOD on the table- sorry, bub- but their happiness most certainly DOES very much tie into monetary issues.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#602584 Feb 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not serious, are you?
Pleeeeeeease tell me that was a joke.
No- it was not a joke.

The leaders of the USA have a long standing history of proclaiming the USA to be the richest country in the world- that IS a fact.

And as such, to make such a proclamation when SO many in this country have SO little while SO few have SO much......well, the USA may very well be the richest country in the world for that 1% of the richest people in this country.

That you would think my post was a joke- again- do you EVER put the flag down?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#602585 Feb 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"The rich get richer while the poor stay poor" is not an American trait only.
That philosophy has been going on for thousands of years, ever since currency & status starting to mean something.
You're hatred of America forces you to think otherwise.
It's really sad.
No, RR- what is sad is your continued MORONIC insistence that I hate the USA.

THAT is nothing more than a bald-faced LIE.

I LOVE the United States of America; that I realize and accept that there are many flaws in this country in no way translates into HATRED of this country.

And no, STUPID- it's NOT that the "rich get richer while the poor stay poor"- it is that the rich get richer while the poor get poorer.

Maybe if the poor only STAYED poor it wouldn't be as bad as it is, but the REALITY is that while the rich get richer, the poor GET poorer.

Eh- what's the use with you?

Not only am I posting to someone who is a shill for the rich, but someone who has also proclaimed they would disown their son if he told them he was gay.

So....what you know about love, loyalty, understanding and acceptance obviously couldn't even BEGIN to cover the head of the world's smallest pin.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#602586 Feb 18, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No- it was not a joke.
The leaders of the USA have a long standing history of proclaiming the USA to be the richest country in the world- that IS a fact.
And as such, to make such a proclamation when SO many in this country have SO little while SO few have SO much......well, the USA may very well be the richest country in the world for that 1% of the richest people in this country.
That you would think my post was a joke- again- do you EVER put the flag down?
No, I never put the flag down. It's tattooed on my left bicep forever and ever.

Have you ever stopped to consider that the "1% that have SO much" have so much because they're so much smarter? Seriously, stupid people don't become the top 1%, only smart people do.

And I don't know why people like you want to criticize them because they have so much. Personally, I applied them for being successful. Why don't you?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#602587 Feb 18, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No- I am NOT- that is why at the end of my post I said: where monetary issues are concerned.
So, RR- it is YOU who made yet another stupid ASSumption.
Frankly, I personally am quite the minimalist and do with as little as possible and I live as simply and as "frill-free" as possible and I am very happy with my life and my lot in life.
However, for those struggling- and MANY through no fault of their own- to simply put FOOD on the table- sorry, bub- but their happiness most certainly DOES very much tie into monetary issues.
Money, wealth & possessions are not the end-all be-all of existence.

Why do you think that for those that are struggling, "many" of them are due to no fault of their own?

Do you not agree with "reap what you sow"?
UdiotRaceMAkeWOR LDPEACE

United States

#602588 Feb 18, 2013
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>19Feb13.....
.....'eeejitFace' does NOT live in the US of A.
It's also BLACK and Blacks are the MOST 'Racist' people on our Pale Blue Dot.
Ps:....It's some dumb muslime from some part of muslime Africa.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Look Racist war mongering oil sludge grunting spewer Infantile moron, not Not Black and not African decent.
have Scditttt Load of my hiney melon, you war mongering baboon!
nO FOREVER AND nO EVER!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#602589 Feb 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I never put the flag down. It's tattooed on my left bicep forever and ever.
Have you ever stopped to consider that the "1% that have SO much" have so much because they're so much smarter? Seriously, stupid people don't become the top 1%, only smart people do.
And I don't know why people like you want to criticize them because they have so much. Personally, I applied them for being successful. Why don't you?
And in time, your "red, white and blue" tattoo will turn completely blue.

No- it is NOT because that 1% is so much smarter; it is because they are opportunists more than anything else.

There are MANY brilliant people in this world who are not rich by any stretch of the imagination.

And you "applied" them for being successful?

I can sure see why YOU are not in that top 1% if intelligence has anything to do with it- ROFLMAO!!

If you meant to ask why I don't APPLAUD them, it's not that I don't applaud them for their success; it's that I have disdain for those who have made their fortunes off the sweat of the backs of others- namely- the WORKERS in this country who keep this country running.

Greed is a terrible thing and all the more when the majority of people suffer due to the greed of a very select few.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#602590 Feb 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think that for those that are struggling, "many" of them are due to no fault of their own?
SECOND time- that is why I pointed out where MONETARY issues are concerned.

You DO know the meaning of the word "monetary", don't you?

OMG- massive layoffs have taken place in this country since 2000- MASSIVE.

Do you EVER read a newspaper? Do you actually think that those who have been victims of those massive layoffs were actually at fault and somehow deserved to be laid off?

I'm talking people who were great employees who lost EVERYTHING- health benefits, pension plans, etc. and yes- through no fault of their own.

They spent their lives sowing and sowing and sowing and wound up reaping NOTHING.

RR, you are not in ANY way any type of humanitarian; then again, how could you be with your very limited and myopic understanding of the human condition?

As long as you have a roof over YOUR head and as long as you go to sleep every night with a full belly, as far as you're concerned, all is right with the world.

YOUR blessings and whatever good fortune YOU have means NOTHING to the MILLIONS in this country who through no fault of their own lost all they'd spent their lives working for.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#602591 Feb 18, 2013
UidiotRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>So an intellectual though or i forgot you anothwr one of those many dumb Shweeeeople Zombies Go bACk to sleep, WHILE us FREEFALL INTO hELL! dONALD tRUMP MENTIONED US become third world nation, wonder what he meant by that?
BWHAHAHAAAaa!
Will you ever be using the English language in your comments?
let there be love

Edinburgh, UK

#602592 Feb 18, 2013
when all the money put into war is spent on life health wages housing and fair play it will be a happy planet-------until then folk will suffer the pain of no money
greed is the root of evil
it will only change when every caring person finds their way to campaigning for fair politix
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#602593 Feb 18, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
She doesn't believe in God. She hates christians, she probably made up her own religion.
I hate people that are mean. God is love.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#602594 Feb 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And yes- you are correct- money, wealth and possessions are the not end-all, be-all of existence; however, having enough FOOD to eat IS.

And while you try to deny it or claim you know it but don't care, try the following on for size and then tell me all is right with the world or just with the USA- the self-proclaimed richest country in the WORLD.

"Food Insecurity and Very Low Food Security iv

In 2011, 50.1 million Americans lived in food insecure households, 33.5 million adults and 16.7 million children.

In 2011, 14.9 percent of households (17.9 million households) were food insecure.

In 2011, 5.7 percent of households (6.8 million households) experienced very low food security.

In 2011, households with children reported food insecurity at a significantly higher rate than those without children, 20.6 percent compared to 12.2percent.

In 2011, households that had higher rates of food insecurity than the national average included households with children (20.6 percent), especially households with children headed by single women (36.8 percent) or single men (24.9 percent), Black non-Hispanic households (25.1 percent) and Hispanic households (26.2 percent).

In 2011, 8.8 percent of seniors living alone (1 million households) were food insecure.

Food insecurity exists in every county in America, ranging from a low of 5 percent in Steele County, ND to a high of 37 percent in Holmes County, MS.v"

http://feedingamerica.org/hunger-in-america/h...

Now this is not about owning a home, a car, a boat, a big screen TV, a sound system, a cell phone, etc.

This is about being able to SURVIVE and not being able to afford enough FOOD to do so in order to not be food insecure.

This is about the most BASIC of needs which in no way is any sort of luxury- that most basic of needs being FOOD.

And you see NOTHING wrong with the above statistics in what has been self-proclaimed as the richest country in the world?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 min Lbj 44,198
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min NoStress4me 29,018
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min truth 637,711
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 40 min Paul is dead 3,690
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 104,198
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Neville Thompson 280,494
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Adam 618,204
More from around the web