Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#598923 Feb 9, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
This year I'm going as a pirate.
I'm carvin me new leg as we speak and teachin me parrot to say:
"SQUAWKKK. There be daggers in her bloomers, mate. SQUAWKKKK"
Heh heh heh... No nobler a perfession e'er ther was. Don't be scratch'n yer eye with yer hook neither! The blood tends ta upset the birds nature!

Location hidden

#598924 Feb 9, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Just be creative. Don't forget to oil the wood. Orange oil is best. But I think it stings.
The hard part will be puttin me eye out and cuttin down on the vitamin C.
tabby

Warrensburg, MO

#598925 Feb 9, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
One more...
I don't really give a shit about ToE or BBT.
Actually... BBT *is* of interest to me.
...but...
Assume that I don't give a shit. Assume that I believe that both have been proven, beyond any doubt, to be completely false.
Would that help you prove, to me, that our universe was created?
No.
You still can't rule out other possibilities.
Can you?
G'night.
Hit and run logic. They're only two possibilities. It's not so hard to understand. There simply is no third possibility.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#598926 Feb 9, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
The hard part will be puttin me eye out and cuttin down on the vitamin C.
Shiny wood AND cures scurvy.... What a serendipitous discovery. Just watch yer eye kid..

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#598927 Feb 9, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Shiny wood AND cures scurvy.... What a serendipitous discovery. Just watch yer eye kid..
Who ya call'n scurvy? Ya scallawag!

Location hidden

#598928 Feb 9, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I was thinking about your car crash experience, Al.

I got hit by a Ford Taurus when I was on a bicycle. I wasn't riding it at the time. Just sitting there with my right foot on the ground and my left foot on the pedal. If I had closed my eyes, I'm pretty sure I'd be dead now. I didn't close my eyes. I jumped and only lost my right leg. Reflex actions are innate. Sometimes I can't sleep because of it but there was nothing miraculous about it.

Just saying.

#598929 Feb 9, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Who ya call'n scurvy? Ya scallawag!
me apologies Captain. I wasn't talking about your scurvy spine, I was talkin about River and her little problem....

#598931 Feb 9, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I was thinking about your car crash experience, Al.
I got hit by a Ford Taurus when I was on a bicycle. I wasn't riding it at the time. Just sitting there with my right foot on the ground and my left foot on the pedal. If I had closed my eyes, I'm pretty sure I'd be dead now. I didn't close my eyes. I jumped and only lost my right leg. Reflex actions are innate. Sometimes I can't sleep because of it but there was nothing miraculous about it.
Just saying.
I'm sorry to hear about that kiddo. It must have been traumatic and apparently it still haunts you ((hugs)). I hope and (yes I will pray) that you at least in the near future are able to heal emotionally to sleep at night. Sometimes in life we are baffled why some bad things happen to us when we are good people, not doing dangerous or crazy things or simply just sitting on a bicycle enjoying the day yet the "bad" folks nothing seems to happen to them.
I can't say kiddo. Just know that I care.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#598933 Feb 9, 2013
nagaraja wrote:
<quoted text>you choose to be enculturated/conditioned into materialistic sensing. you work by deconstructing. there is nothing creative/constructive about that.
faith is not a path to knowledge

fear is not a path to knowledge.

without evidence your imaginings bring only delusion.

You, are such an example.

Location hidden

#598934 Feb 9, 2013
nagaraja wrote:
everything is a half truth
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Not true. Ironic huh?
could it be half true?

Location hidden

#598935 Feb 9, 2013
tabby wrote:
<quoted text>
In the argument of origin science, there are only two possibilities. The universe either became in existence by random natural processes, or it was created. If the odds, in one of the two possibilities, can be shown to be mathematically impossible,
then, the other by necessity must be true. There are no mathematical equations to test the odds of the supernatural, that is, by definition, why it is called supernatural. It is above nature. Now, whether you agree or disagree at this point, does not refute the outcome, if the other possibility can be shown to be mathematically impossible, the opposite possibility would have to be true, no matter how implausible one might think it to be.
There are mathematical equations showing probabilities in nature. They are testable, therefore mathematical. So what are the
odds that the universe and life originated from nothing by random natural processes?
Let's ignore for the moment that there is no viable explanation of where the initial atoms came from to even have a "big bang".
Or that, in all the vastness of the known universe these atoms could somehow find each other to initiate the explosion.(This
alone, if quantified as a mathematical probability, would likely exceed a googolplex--or a googol raised to the googoleth power--a
number that is so big that it cannot be written by a human in an entire lifetime.) The initial odds of these pre-existing atoms
that caused an explosion big enough to expand matter throughout the known universe, could come back together, precisely and orderly, are 1 out of 10 to the 287th power. An example of these kind of odds is to put 200 balls each numbered 1-200 into a mixer like you see in a lottery. You get only 20 picks and each pick must be in ascending order, first pick ball #1, second pick ball #2, up to ball #20. You would have to do this 232 times in a row! A probability of 1 out of 10 to the 50th power is considered mathematically impossible! That alone is enough to disprove the "big bang" and evolution. And if you add the origin of the atoms needed and evolution, you've just increased the odds exponentially into infinity.
Now, where's the proof for the big bang and evolution?
this material does not belong to you

when you fail to credit the source you have stolen the material.

the person who originated your post, does not understand mathematics or biology.

The universe has existed for all time, the universe is infinite in scope, the universe was never created.

Location hidden

#598936 Feb 10, 2013
tabby wrote:
Imagine a quarter (coin) worn beyond recognition on one side. You flip the coin in the air and it lands on the ground with the worn side facing up. Is it heads or is it tails? You pick the coin up and look at the other side, half of the other side is worn also but clearly is the reverse (tails). Therefore the worn side up is heads. Now where's your proof of the "big bang" or evolution?
you have zero science in that failed story.

you have not proven that it is a standard coin
or that it is a coin
it may be originally a trick, with two identical faces, or perhaps it was manufactured with only one face.

You also make an error when you assume only two possible "answers". Without evidence it would be more productive to assume an infinity of answers.

and a god, that you can imagine, would be the very least probable of that infinity.

Location hidden

#598937 Feb 10, 2013
tabby wrote:
<quoted text>
I've just proved it.
not even to the satisfaction of a lying grey boxing godbot

Location hidden

#598938 Feb 10, 2013
365maldives wrote:
For everything there is a creator, so who is the creator of you?
In the face of none of your terms being defined,

... there is no evidence to support your contention

Location hidden

#598939 Feb 10, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry to hear about that kiddo. It must have been traumatic and apparently it still haunts you ((hugs)). I hope and (yes I will pray) that you at least in the near future are able to heal emotionally to sleep at night. Sometimes in life we are baffled why some bad things happen to us when we are good people, not doing dangerous or crazy things or simply just sitting on a bicycle enjoying the day yet the "bad" folks nothing seems to happen to them.
I can't say kiddo. Just know that I care.
You're a good guy, Al.

We all live with our limitations.

We die with them as well.
nagaraja

Williamsburg, KY

#598940 Feb 10, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> See? I told ya XLAX would fix ya up!
Ya gotta eat veggies an oils regular so ya don't keep hav'n them prolems.
i take a dose of olive oil on a regulatin basis
nagaraja

Williamsburg, KY

#598941 Feb 10, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Without a towel it's worthless.
you disdain air dryin too? you have so many biases.
nagaraja

Williamsburg, KY

#598942 Feb 10, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>We already know that jesus was a myth.
you have a jesus fixation.
nagaraja

Williamsburg, KY

#598943 Feb 10, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Religion is not knowledge. Faith is the opposite of knowledge. Religion teaches that faith is necessary for salvation. Faith is irrational, it is belief in the absence of or contrary to evidence. Therefore:&#8232;religion teaches that irrationality is rewarded.
i agree. belief without questioning is not healthy.

hypothesizing without questioning isn't healthy.

knowledge is not good when it's used to control another for one's own selfish motives.
nagaraja

Williamsburg, KY

#598945 Feb 10, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
faith is not a path to knowledge
fear is not a path to knowledge.
without evidence your imaginings bring only delusion.
You, are such an example.
without imagining you go no where. there is no incentive for seeking.

psychological maturity involves questioning one's idea of reality. not everyone else's

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min kent 636,845
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Buck Crick 27,641
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr MUQ2 44,036
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr rog 18,600
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 1 hr Ann Bonney 53,699
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 1 hr Paul is dead 3,547
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr mature slut 4 fun 104,185
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 7 hr WasteWater 4,707
More from around the web