AOL

#598574 Feb 9, 2013

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#598575 Feb 9, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>If he existed then it would be provable. It's not, so it can't be a fact.
Mylan, you're much too smart a person to make a statement like that. I know a smart person when I read one. Most historians agree that Jesus was a real man and did exist. Even Richard Dawkins admits that Jesus existed. There are also doubts in the minds of some people that Socrates, Plato even Alexander the Great existed.
For heavens sake, even the attacks at 9-11 are being questioned. And this happened in our lifetimes.
There will always be people out there Mylan that will say anything to try to be contrary or confuse.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#598576 Feb 9, 2013
harpocrates wrote:
not really; especially if the person wasn't seeking notoriety or fame.
Actually, yes really. All the teachings of Jesus are "borrowed" from older sources, for example from the teachings of Buddha. Many of Jesus teachings are almost word for word identical with some of Buddhas sayings (400 years earlier). There is NO contemporary historical record of ANY kind of Jesus!! No written Roman, Greek or Jewish sources from this time (apart from the gospels) know of any historical Jesus or Christ. We don't even know who the writers of the Gospels were, and don't have the original manuscripts themselves either. We just have later copies of copies of copies of copies of copies of the assumed lost originals. And with each copy the copyist usually felt free to alter details or rewrite whole parts of the manuscript.(We usually don't trust dubious anonymous sources as evidence for anything, do we?) Only a fool or simpleton would believe anything about this myth named jesus.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#598577 Feb 9, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
We are less than 96% chimpanzee, those stats are exaggerated, child!
No, the aren't exaggerated.

"The difference between chimpanzees and humans due to single-nucleotide substitutions averages 1.23 percent, of which 1.06 percent or less is due to fixed divergence, and the rest being a result of polymorphism within chimp populations and within human populations. Insertion and deletion (indel) events account for another approximately 3 percent difference between chimp and human sequences, but each indel typically involves multiple nucleotides. The number of genetic changes from indels is a fraction of the number of single-nucleotide substitutions (roughly 5 million compared with roughly 35 million).

So describing humans and chimpanzees as 98 to 99 percent identical is entirely appropriate (Chimpanzee Sequencing 2005).

The difference measurement depends on what you are measuring. If you measure the number of proteins for which the entire protein is identical in the two species, humans and chimpanzees are 29 percent identical (Chimpanzee Sequencing 2005).

If you measure nonsynonymous base pair differences within protein coding regions, humans and chimps are 99.75 percent identical (Chimpanzee Sequencing 2005, fig. 9).

The original 98.4 percent estimate came from DNA hybridization experiments, which measured (indirectly, via DNA melting temperature) sequence difference among short segments of the genomes that are similar enough to hybridize but with repetitive elements removed (Sibley and Ahlquist 1987).

Whatever measure is used, however, as long as the same measurement is used consistently, will show that humans are more closely related to chimpanzees (including the bonobo, sister species to the common chimpanzee) than to any other species."
http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CB/CB144.h...

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r184/young...
Praise the Monkey Jesus!

Location hidden

#598578 Feb 9, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
an agnostic is someone who believes a God could or could not exist.
Oh child, you need to stop talking and learn how to open a dictionary. Maybe then you'll publicly stop making yourself look so ignorant.

"Agnosticism is the belief that the existence or non-existence of any deity is unknown and possibly unknowable."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnosticism
And whether Einsten believed it could be known or not, still proves that he himself with his great knowledge knew that a God could not be disproven.
First of all child it's Einstein, not Einsten. Learn how to spell little one. Secondly it doesn't prove what you suggest. Einstein felt that religion was "childish superstition" and of course he was spot on.
naja haje

Williamsburg, KY

#598579 Feb 9, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, yes really. All the teachings of Jesus are "borrowed" from older sources, for example from the teachings of Buddha. Many of Jesus teachings are almost word for word identical with some of Buddhas sayings (400 years earlier). There is NO contemporary historical record of ANY kind of Jesus!! No written Roman, Greek or Jewish sources from this time (apart from the gospels) know of any historical Jesus or Christ. We don't even know who the writers of the Gospels were, and don't have the original manuscripts themselves either. We just have later copies of copies of copies of copies of copies of the assumed lost originals. And with each copy the copyist usually felt free to alter details or rewrite whole parts of the manuscript.(We usually don't trust dubious anonymous sources as evidence for anything, do we?) Only a fool or simpleton would believe anything about this myth named jesus.
i never claimed jesus didn't study other systems. in fact i provided links in another post that show he it is claimed he studied the egyptian gnostics, the jains, buddhist, and hindus, probably even pagans of varying orders.

the LAW is not altered by language or culture.

a size 9 shoe made in america will fit a size 9 foot in galapagos island.

getting it from one to another is the harder part

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#598580 Feb 9, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
So the law of thermodynamics could be wrong?
I told u, we really don't know a lot about ourselves, some people just pretend to think they do.
@naja haje...thanks for the nice words!
No the laws are not wrong, we just aren't sure if they apply to the universe as a whole.
We do know they apply to systems we can measure.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#598581 Feb 9, 2013
naja haje wrote:
<quoted text>yours to accept or reject but it's known that isaac newton was an occultist more so than a western scientist; for which he is most famous.
einstein was a self-acclaimed agnostic, spinozist, and advocated buddhism.
Accept or reject what? You still have not offered any proof that any god has ever existed.

Location hidden

#598582 Feb 9, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
And God does have proof of his existence in any case
Likewise, Santa Clause has proof of his own existence too. Imagine that.

Location hidden

#598583 Feb 9, 2013
Clementia wrote:
I can't wait for the Galaxy S4 tho!!
The GS4 is just hyped up to make sales, but it should be out in around a month, however other android phones are actually better.

Location hidden

#598584 Feb 9, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
So you then admit to throwing your money away on things you do not need and trying to be a gadget lover wannabe, instead of saving it for something really worthwhile?
What she does with her own money is NONE of your business child! I bet you're a anti-choicer. You certainly sound like one the way you poke your unwelcomed nose into other peoples business.

Location hidden

#598585 Feb 9, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
Why listen to a child who has never inexperienced love?
What you call love, others call masterbation. You're a legend in your own mind little one.
naja haje

Williamsburg, KY

#598586 Feb 9, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Accept or reject what? You still have not offered any proof that any god has ever existed.
you'll eat when you grow hungry enough
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#598587 Feb 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes god gave the emotion of,
"gee look at the idiot" .
Every time you type stupid crap like that.
You're like nails going down a chalkboard.
He also gave you the emotions not to speak down to me through of embarrassement, young turd!
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#598588 Feb 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Speak for yourself because most of us here,(except you of course) are 100% human. Who share 98% the genetic makeup with chimps.
But since you're 96% chimp, I guess you just wouldn't understand.
You 4% human chimp guys, are kinda slow.
No more facts for you to bring, young turd?
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#598589 Feb 9, 2013
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you call yourself athitard?
kristain is more appropriate
Athitards are you, young turd!
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#598590 Feb 9, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Shuttup STUPID!
Don't like it? I'm here to stay, and I can't be moved. It must have enraged when you just heard that.

Location hidden

#598591 Feb 9, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
Are you implying you have wasted your life and are trying to get the best out of it?
Only religious people waste their life. Religion convinced fools like you that there's an invisible man in the sky who watches everything you do. And there's 10 things he doesn't want you to do or else you'll to to a burning place with a lake of fire until the end of eternity.

But he loves you!...And he needs money!
naja haje

Williamsburg, KY

#598592 Feb 9, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, yes really. All the teachings of Jesus are "borrowed" from older sources, for example from the teachings of Buddha. Many of Jesus teachings are almost word for word identical with some of Buddhas sayings (400 years earlier). There is NO contemporary historical record of ANY kind of Jesus!! No written Roman, Greek or Jewish sources from this time (apart from the gospels) know of any historical Jesus or Christ. We don't even know who the writers of the Gospels were, and don't have the original manuscripts themselves either. We just have later copies of copies of copies of copies of copies of the assumed lost originals. And with each copy the copyist usually felt free to alter details or rewrite whole parts of the manuscript.(We usually don't trust dubious anonymous sources as evidence for anything, do we?) Only a fool or simpleton would believe anything about this myth named jesus.
credit goes to the poster G_O_D for this one

http://www.tyndale.cam.ac.uk/Tyndale/staff/In...

Location hidden

#598593 Feb 9, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
We are less than 96% chimpanzee, those stats are exaggerated, child!
Only in your case little one. LOL...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 13 min Justice League 3,019
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 15 min andet1987 1,783
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 17 min rbphoenix80 98,922
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 21 min andet1987 5,774
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 25 min andet1987 5,810
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 26 min lil whispers 611,787
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 33 min James 442,607
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 36 min USA Born 583,185
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Freebird USA 176,430
More from around the web