siehjin

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#598112 Feb 7, 2013
hi again sharkey. i just realised that i missed out all your other responses before the resurrection one! apologies. my replies are below.
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text> "The existance of the universe" ONLY PROVES that the universe exists
i dealt with this exact same objection back when i first started posting on this forum. in reply to KittenKoder, i think, i said that the existence of a thing can certainly be proof of more than its' own existence. for example, my existence can be taken as proof that my parents exist. the existence of a painting can be taken as proof of the existence of an artist, and so on. in the same way, the existence of the universe can be taken as evidence of the existence of God.
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text> The only way your argument would work is if "the universe is god and god is the universe and the universe is god". And if god and the universe are one, then the concept of death cancels out the idea of a god altogether. A god can't work if it puts its own self out of existance by including the death concept.
no, that's not what i'm arguing at all. although there are people who hold to such beliefs, pantheists (all is God) and panentheists (God is all).

all i'm saying is that the existence of the universe is evidence of the existence of God. i don't see how you get pantheism and/or panentheism out of that. God can create the universe without it being a part of Him. and it seems to me that even under those views, God doesn't put Himself out of existence; rather He allows parts of Himself to take on different shapes and forms as time goes by. so part of God forms me, then when i die that part of God returns to the part of God that forms the earth, and so on. so even on a pantheistic or panentheistic view, i don't understand your objection to the concept of God. please do enlighten me.
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text> Your idea of how god works makes god impossible to exist, because a creative destroyer works out to 0-0=0: destroy what you've created, leaving nothing.
Your god simply cancels itself out by its very nature of creative destructiion.
but there are some things God has created that will not be destroyed, at least in Christian Theism. Christians believe that human beings, for example, will live forever.
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>You're messing up by using a real example in the real world to try to "prove" something that is unproven and only in your imagination.
Blood and fingerprints on a knife is evidence that can be seen and will be prosecuted as fit.
that's why it's just an analogy. i'm just trying to clarify how i see the argument developing.

the existence of the universe is also evidence that can be seen, felt, and studied. so it does fit the bill, i think.
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>WHERE are the "fingerprints of god" in your example? Just because the universe is here does not mean god put it here. It's not that "objectors should have BETTER reasons" it's just that YOU should ACCEPT the REALITY that nothing was just "poofed" into existance by a wizard with a magic wand and that you were not brought here by the stork.
the 'fingerprints of God' are the beauty and complexity of the universe. if you want to defeat my argument, you have to show that the universe is not beautiful and complex, or posit a better explanation than God. my position is that random chance and mechanistic processes are insufficient to explain the existence of the universe and creatures like us who have the ability to apprehend its' beauty and complexity. therefore i take God as the best explanation for these phenomena.
Sharkey wrote:
You just don't want to admit the reality that it was SEX that put you here, not "god".
Sorry, you came from your mother's hoo-hoo, not the turnip truck yesterday, so stop acting like it with your "God put it here" belief.
i have no problem with sex; sex too is a good gift from God!=D

Since: May 11

UK

#598113 Feb 7, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Not to mention that while a psychopath's brain may not be "wired right", the crimes that psychopaths commit are not the types of crimes that have a direct link to poverty nor are those crimes- as heinous as they are- the majority of the types of crimes committed- those being crimes that have to do with stealing money, possessions and even FOOD more than anything else and crimes such as those are directly linked to poverty.
Rich psychopaths do not murder due to poverty...well blow me down, it would never have occurred to me.

When I was an associate prosecutor I had a case of a young woman who had stolen baby milk, the store detective tried to make it sound like he`d taken down the kingpin in a major criminal enterprise. She got a conditional discharge, no fine, no compensation. What is the point of piling poverty upon poverty.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#598114 Feb 7, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
My selfish ego?
You're the one wanting a *private* exchange. I'm doing just fine right here in front of everyone. Sharing with others doesn't bother me. It bothers you. Stop projecting your own shortcomings onto me.
Why are you insecure about a public exchange?
You haven't actually answered a single one of my questions yet. With every reply, you just throw more hyperbole in my face. Now you're attacking my character... telling me I have a selfish ego.
That's not a good way to start. You're horrible at this.
true - i may be a horrible and impatient communicator, but i simply don't want to cast what i believe to be sacred to yet another person who's already despised and rejected it. know what i'm say'n?:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#598115 Feb 7, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
"Selfish ego" is sorta redundant... just so ya know.
How's yours?
mine's as selfish and vain as anyone elses on the planet and that's why i take to the Cross of Christ for crucifixion.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#598116 Feb 7, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
The slave mentality of Christianity showing itself?
<wasssuuuppp> "Approach me with appropriate humility, ask nicely, and I will teach you the way, slave, OR DIE!."
sure, and you've been a most gracious and open-mined individual to deal with too!;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#598117 Feb 7, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>FACT! Your god is evil and a monster.
"An unjust man is an abomination to the righteous, And he who is upright in the way is an abomination to the wicked"

Solomon said it all in this one-liner better than i could say in many paragraphs

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#598118 Feb 7, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
wasup...Geesh you don't even know what that verse means. The phrase "it will be measured back to you" is referring to how God will judge you for judging someone else...not to some little internet pip squeak on Topix.
but Annie, there is a moral law that 'what goes around comes' around to some degree even in this life. I believe that's what Jesus was saying:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#598119 Feb 7, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
dude, they are both imaginary.
prove it - by stop thinking evil in your mind all by yourself!

it just ain't gonna happen! know why?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#598120 Feb 7, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
Solomon said it all in this one-liner better than i could say in many paragraphs
I'll see your soloman quote and raise you with a quote from your "god";

(Isaiah 45:7)" I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create EVIL: I the LORD do all these things."
harpocrates

Williamsburg, KY

#598121 Feb 7, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Some Hindus have been trying to sell this nonsense for years. An entire myth about a huge Hindu empire strecthing not only across Arabia, but even as far as Italy. And what concrete evidence do they have of Vikrams empire? A few pieces of Indian pottery found off the coast of Kuwait. Some quacks are even so bold as to claim that the Vatican was originally a Hindu temple, usurped by Christians. And they'll present one or two calvings as proof.
Be that as it may, the Kaaba is a preIslamic shrine believed to be built by Abraham, and it had been periodically corrupted and turned into a temple over the ages. Arab paganism was historically a hogdgepodge of Egyptian, Greek and Persian paganism. Muslims are well aware of this.
Here's photo's and videos of the Kaaba inside. Where's the Vikram dish? Where's the tamil writings? You quote websites written by people who have never even seen the outside of the Kaaba, let alone the inside.
And there aren't many ways in which a human can worship a God that cannot be seen as a living moving creature. No one said circumambulation is unique to Islam. Many people circumambulate representations of their God(s), many people bow to their gods, many people fast and sacrifice. It doesn't mean that one copied the other. It doesn't take a genius to figure these expressions out.
the lingam/shiv stone and the yoni are easily recognized symbols of hinduism and you're correct it doesn't take a genius to recognize someone repeating the characteristics of another religion and trying to claim it's unique.

or that it's well known that iran's zoroastrianism heavily influenced both judaism, christianity, and islam. zoroastrianims and hinduism were both derived from the same source.

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Zor...

###Moreover, because Zoroastrianism is thought to have emerged from a common Indo-Iranian culture that preceded Vedic Hinduism, scholars also use evidence from Zoroastrian texts to reconstruct the Aryan tradition that characterizes the original Proto-Indo-European religion. The reverberations of Zarathushtra's concepts in the aforementioned faiths suggest Zoroastrianism's possible formative links to both Western Abrahamic and Eastern dharmic religious traditions. This possibility, in concert with modern Zoroastrian maxims that promote social and environmental justice, allows for the conclusion that Zoroastrianism has much to offer our understanding of both historical and contemporary humanity.###

furthermore why do muslims practice idolatry by only praying towards mecca when allah is present everywhere(omnipresent). there is nothing but allah.

it is also known; especially to the brahmins and with the exception of the profane, that hinduism is a form of panentheism. this means that the true self is inherent in everything, or ONE ABSOLUTE. all those icons are simply allusions/manifestations to the ONE and it's INFINITE functions. form follows function, or spirit/energy. depending on how it's energized determines its form. for example: a knife is formed for cutting.

there are to many similarities for there to be a coincidence and islam is a form of paganism based on the ignorance of most islamic, christian, and judaic people.

ibrahim is a cognate of brahma, or abraham.
sara is a cognate of sarasvatti.
hagar is a cognate of ghaggar.

salaam is a cognate of salem, or peace.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#598122 Feb 7, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
mine's as selfish and vain as anyone elses on the planet and that's why i take to the Cross of Christ for crucifixion.
Your ego is very likely even MORE selfish and vain than that of MANY people on the planet.

After all, the least humble people I know who don't have any clue as to what actual humbleness is can be found among Christians on Topix- like YOU, for example.

Maybe if you could control your selfishness and vanity- instead of being helpless to do anything about either by yourself- you wouldn't need to "take to the Cross of Christ for crucifixion."

I mean......any god that might exist- well....god helps those who help themselves.
harpocrates

Williamsburg, KY

#598123 Feb 7, 2013
True Truth wrote:
so 786 isn't the 687 reversed meaning OM

or christianity's own OM, or WORD, isn't taken from the hindu?

http://www.hellosiam.com/html/om.htm

There is a verse in the Vedas: "Prajapati vai idam agre aseet" (In the beginning was Prajapati, the Brahman): "Tasya vag dvitiya aseet" (Withwhom was the Word): "Vag vai paramam Brahma" (And the Word was verily the Supreme Brahman). The idea belongs to Hinduism and in the fourth Gospel of the New Testament we read it repeated; "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.". This Sphota has its symbol in the word 'OM'. Thus, in the 'Maitrayana Upanashad' after it has been said that there is one Brahman without words, and a second, a Word-Brahman, we are told that the word is the syllable 'OM'. The sound of 'OM' is also called 'Pranava', meaning that it is something that pervades life, or runs through prana or breath.

or that muslims are awaiting the arrival of the mahdi? like the buddhist await the maitreya, or the hindus kalki, or christians the comforter?

or maybe that because of language, culture, and the evolution of listed things, that they are all describing something similar = tautology?

and because of fundamentalism and idolatry to the dead letter of the scripture, they are deluded by their epeolatry?
siehjin

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#598125 Feb 7, 2013
sorry for the double post! it didn't come out at first so i posted it again...

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#598127 Feb 7, 2013
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>8Feb13.....
.....Some details of the interior the Kaaba:...
Muslimes believe (without proof) that the revered “Black Stone”is a special divine meteorite that pre-dates creation that fell at the foot of Adam and Eve. It is presently embedded in the south eastern corner of the Kaba. Muslims touch and kiss the black stone during Hajj but non-Muslims are strictly forbidden to even touch it.
Before Muhammad appeared, the Kaaba was surrounded by 360 idols, and every Arab house had its god. Arabs also believed in jinn (subtle beings or ghosts).
Among the major deities of the pre-Islamic era were al-Lat (“the Goddess”), worshiped as a square stone; al-Uzzah (“the Mighty”), a goddess identified worshiped as a thigh-bone-shaped slab of granite between al Talf and Mecca; Manat the goddess of destiny, worshiped as a black stone between Mecca and Medina; and the moon god, Hubal.
The stones were said to have fallen from the sun, moon, stars, and planets and to represent cosmic forces. The Black Stone (actually the color of burnt ember) that Muslims revere today is the same one that their forebears had worshiped well before Muhammad and that they believed had come from the moon.( Gee, no wonder… why find the truth behind the stone…). Yea!!!
In 930, the stone was removed and shattered by an Iraqi sect of Qarmatians, but the pieces were later returned. The pieces, sealed in pitch and held in place by silver wire, measure about 10 inches in diameter altogether and several feet high. They are venerated today.
And they call Christians idol worshipers because they have crosses in their churches……. These people KISS the stone and WORSHIP it.. following their pagan worship is all it is. Nothing but a bunch of hypocrites and schidt-for-brains.
All Muslims are focussed on going to hell based on their own Quran
Ps:.....Tooooooooooooooooooo bad dat these ILK don't practice vot they preach.
Muslimes are hateful, hypocritical, hAtheists who, starting with mohammmeeed and up to date.
Thank GOD Christianity prevailed and one day Jesus Christ will crush the head of this snake tooooooooo.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Your hissy fit shortened for space...Muslims know full well that the Kaaba had been not only destroyed and rebuilt numerous times, but also corrupted into a pagan temple numerous times. The way you talk as if the preIslamic functions of the Kaaba are some great secret that you are letting out of the bag.

Muslims believe that Adam built the first Kaaba and God instructed him and showed him to build it in that specific location, by sending a rock. Where that rock landed, is where the Kaaba is to be built. And so it was built. The black stone merely symbolises a link between heaven and earth and kissing it symbolises kissing the seal of God as Lord of the worlds, kindof like how people kiss the stone on one of their Kings rings to pledge allegiance and service. Other than that, most muslims endeavour to kiss the stone merely because Muhammed kissed it. A symbol of love for Muhammed.

Neither do muslims worship the stone, nor do they worship the Kaaba. God is everywhere. The Kaaba in itself symbolises the oneness of God.

In short, the activities in Mecca are generally symbolic. At face value, everything looks absolutely weird and it does indeed look like pagan idol worship. But ask any muslim, even the most stupidest muslim you cann find, and even he will tell you the Kaaba is not God and he/she does not worship the Kaaba.

And although some muslims are hateful, most muslims, like the most of humanity, are not hateful. Keep rambling to yourself, nothings gona change that.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#598128 Feb 7, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, you did. Our discussion was about what blind faith was. In previous posts (which of course you were disingenuous and neglected to show) I clearly said "faith is a virus". I then explained that when a person doesn't use their brain (ie;"turning your brain off") that it is always the wrong decision. In THAT context then yes, faith is all in your head (brain) and said faith would be a virus in it. Simple as that. Next time I'll try and use smaller words for you so you can understand the context better and not misunderstand the meaning of something.
I mean I should have known that you're religious, so of course you are going to take everything that you read literally. LOL....
Faith without supporting evidence is indistinguishable from schizophrenia.
It's too late for your backpedaling boy. Everyone already knows of your lies.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#598129 Feb 7, 2013
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>07Feb13.....
.....Dat's a good BobLoblah's girl.
Ps:.....Don't backUP from dese eeejits. They are Really & Truly schidt-for-brains.
Hugs & Kisses from New Zealand (fer a few days). Then off to UK and on downWards to Morocco and further down to Qatar.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Hi BobLoblah!

Thank you, i know, i'm gonna buy some boxing gloves.

When u come to UK, bring warm clothing, snow is coming back soon too!

Have a safe journey!!

Muuuuaaaaaah, hunny bunny! XOxOX

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#598130 Feb 7, 2013
Clementine wrote:
Hi. Dontcha worry ur lickle heads.
God is napping now.
Nice name!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#598131 Feb 7, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>And the following is for the bozos who don't think there is any correlation between poverty and crime.
*****"History has proven that there is in fact a direct link between poverty and crime.*******
America, although full of good-hearted citizens, has yet to recognize the importance of balancing the economic makeup of its inner-city and urban areas with that of the money spent on imprisoning those who commit crimes.
A study by the U.S. Government Accountability Office released in 2007 showed that those who are in areas where poverty is abundant had fewer options in life. People living in poverty-stricken areas were more likely to have adverse health issues due to unaffordable health care, risky behavior and the lack of proper education.
There is also a notable historical rise in property damage that parallels the unemployment rate throughout American history (see Resources below).
The severity of poverty often goes hand in hand with the amount of crimes committed. Money is often reinvested from the open market to the black market to bring about high yet risky return in urban areas. Risks such as these are even higher when this activity is controlled by violent mob-type organizations and gangs, whose existences are structured around capitalizing on the poverty of others. Realistic and reachable role models are far and few between, if any exist at all, which causes the children of those who live in these areas to look up to more unsavory figures who are living the high life through low living.
Some theories suggest that those who are in poverty got that way merely of their own accord.
It is true that drug- and gang-infested neighborhoods of today often do invest in their own downfall through discouraging new growth and an infusion of economic and social relief through unsavory acts of crime.
Society on a whole has a general misconception of the link between poverty and crime.
Although crime is often committed by those who are impoverished, all those who are poor do not commit crimes.
Other misconceptions include the assumption that people of color are automatically more likely to commit crime because of the color of their skin rather than their surroundings and upbringing. Many of these misconceptions may lead to adverse effects of racism and bigotry in real-life meetings between those with and those without. Understanding and solving the root of the link between poverty and crime will inevitably cause citizens to take pride in their neighborhoods and become productive participants in the labor force.
Obliterating poverty has been the goal of many politicians throughout history, but nothing of this magnitude will be solved overnight. Improved means of wealth distribution, better economic policies and a society-wide commitment to solving the problem, eradicating poverty--and therefore some of the crime that goes with it--may take decades or longer, but it is certainly a worthy and noble cause.
Read more: Does Poverty Cause Crime?| eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_4570679_does-povert...
U.S. Government Accountability Office Hahahahahah! Now ther's a perplex'n reflexion oxymoron fer ya!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#598132 Feb 7, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
what part of "IT IS FINISHED" do you refuse to understand?
The part where ther's s'posed ta be at least a first com'n afore any money is parted with, THAT'S WHAT!

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#598133 Feb 7, 2013
Clementia wrote:
Nice name!
That was a fake Clementine.

I know who it was.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moses never existed 6 min susan72 541
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Just Sayin 554,862
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 30 min onemale 263,440
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 33 min truth 1,191
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 48 min Mandela 37,646
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 53 min Catcher1 175,040
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr jjustice0981 603,601
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr An NFL Fan 119,237

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE