Prove there's a god.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#598387 Feb 8, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really. I'm between girlfriends, so to speak.
I'VE FOUND THAT THAT'S ONE OF MY PREFERRED PLACES.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#598388 Feb 8, 2013
Odeon wrote:
The idea he and heaven exists keeps me going, why would you take that away from anyone
Schizophrenia can be controlled with medication.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#598389 Feb 8, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, I don't think he's hiding in Big Bear. He's had way too much time to plan it out. He's just waiting, preparing the hunt. He's accomplished "the first stages of warfare, preparation, knowing his enemy and their tactics, knowing to be patient, confuse the enemy by using deception, feign attacks and produce chaos and by doing so introduce fear into the enemies' heart."
On my way to work yesterday I was detoured off the 15 south on my way to the 91. I hadn't realized that a gun battle had ensued on the overpass.
When I was getting out if the car, a Riverside motorcycle officer slowed down, nodded then waved at me as I crossed the street. I thought it strange but thinking back I guess he thought I was a cop as my jacket and slacks closely resemble one, especially in the dark of the morning.
I could hear the CHP which is right behind my building constantly hit the sirens and just haul butt out of there all day.
On my way home on the northbound 15 I counted no less than 11 K-9 units rushing northbound in a hurry to some unknown destination.
It's been surreal to say the least.
I agree. He's sophisticated and has planned things out carefully.

BTW, there are no LAPD motor officers right now--too dangerous, so they are deployed in black-and-whites, two to a car, nobody drives alone.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#598390 Feb 8, 2013
Odeon wrote:
Why would I even prove there is a god
The idea he and heaven exists keeps me going, why would you take that away from anyone, we can use all the motivation we can get
If a person gets no satisfaction from the reality of the real world you live in, then I guess that having a fantasy to live by is something. But surely life is more than following a fantasy

It would seem to me that enjoying what you can do while you are alive is better than waiting until you die with the hope that there may be something enjoyable after you have no body to enjoy it with.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#598391 Feb 8, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> I'VE FOUND THAT THAT'S ONE OF MY PREFERRED PLACES.
The trick, of course, is to make sure you're real girlfriend doesn't find out. I seem to be lacking in that skill.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#598392 Feb 8, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Schizophrenia can be controlled with medication.
That's what they keep telling me.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#598393 Feb 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. He's sophisticated and has planned things out carefully.
BTW, there are no LAPD motor officers right now--too dangerous, so they are deployed in black-and-whites, two to a car, nobody drives alone.
I disagree. If he was serious about revenge, the police would be looking for an unknown assailant. This person is looking for notoriety. Reality TV. Death by cop.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#598394 Feb 8, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
If a person gets no satisfaction from the reality of the real world you live in, then I guess that having a fantasy to live by is something. But surely life is more than following a fantasy
It would seem to me that enjoying what you can do while you are alive is better than waiting until you die with the hope that there may be something enjoyable after you have no body to enjoy it with.
Exactly, sometimes it takes fantasy to keep a person going
enjoying live isn't that easy for everyone, what would you say to a bullied person for example? live life to the fullest? thats kinda harsh

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#598395 Feb 8, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
no - i wasn't really saying all that.
since it seems you want to communicate, how about we cut to the chase and I'll give you all i really have in a nutshell?:
Jesus the Christ as revealed in the Gospels; do you receive or reject?
According to you, I already “despise and reject” something you consider as sacred.

I don't consider the Bible sacred, if that's what you're asking. Isn't that where you're coming from? >>> I'm not already primed to blindly accept something based upon (your) claims of its supreme authority... and, because of that, I'm a “swine”(one with a contemptuous attitude)?

I question the existence of a creator deity (e.g.“God”). Your savior is said to have been your deity in the flesh, here on Earth. Since I question the existence of the deity... then, yes... I also question the veracity of what is said of Jesus in the Bible (the specifics).

Now... what are you *really* getting at?...

...Since there exists erroneous information in a collection of texts, that for me, every-single-thing about the entire collection becomes invalidated... and because of that, my morals are corrupt and inferior to yours.(?)

I never said the Bible doesn't contain (some) wisdom within its pages. I will say that it contains a plethora of nonsense.

Something else?

Regardless of deed, if I'm not “washed in the blood”... then I'm bound for an eternity of torment and suffering.(?)

If so... give it up. Fear won't do it.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you're putting your words in my mouth again.
i was being honest about human nature. how can one improve a 'nature' by one's self?
"can a leopard change it's spot's or an ethiopian change his skin?" Isaiah
Let's explore what's selfish and what's vain.

Which of the two does your desire to please your deity stem from?

Which of the two does your desire to live forever (in Heaven) stem from?

Ultimately, do you believe those desires to be a matter of “What's in it for you?”... IOW, a matter of self-interest?

I expect you'll answer “yes”... and I'll not go “UhHuh... I knew it!” >>> because I'm not able to honestly say that I've not felt similarly.

I'm not sure how to continue with the question(ing)... but, If someone does something “good” because they “want to”... couldn't that also be described as a selfish reason?

The other side of that coin >>> If someone does something others regard as “bad”... and they did it for reasons that can't be labeled as selfish or vain... where does that leave them?

Your deity is described as having characteristics that are frowned upon in a human. Why are they excused? What reasons could the deity have that can't simply be described as a reflection of the worshiper's own desires and motivations?

Give me a reason to believe that doesn't stem from self-interest.

That's what I *want* to hear.

That's my “selfish nature” getting the best of me... I suppose.(That's said in earnest, not sarcasm).

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#598396 Feb 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> We don't tear up our friends necks or rip hunks of meat off them because you are "in heat" , but yes animals love and have emotions, they in fact cannot control them. It IS this control I speak of, that which makes love more than a chemical reaction, which can cause us to blow holes in other mens heads because you are
"in heat". It is also possible for humans to absolutely hate someone, but still love them and thinking one thing but doing another. This is what separates us from chemical reaction thinking.
Of course the Adam Lanzas will prove me wrong, but "you" know I am in fact right.
When do cows do that?

yh, yh, u so right u wrong!:-p

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#598397 Feb 8, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Very nice.
I'm no poet... and I know it.

Thanks just the same.

=)

Location hidden

#598398 Feb 8, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really. I'm between girlfriends, so to speak.
Anyone I know?:-)

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#598399 Feb 8, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. If he was serious about revenge, the police would be looking for an unknown assailant. This person is looking for notoriety. Reality TV. Death by cop.
Nah! This guy is pissed off. Smart, highly trained, mentally unstable AND pissed off! No Bueno.
It's all bad. This guy means most of what he wrote on his manifesto. The rest he threw in to keep the cops off balance.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#598400 Feb 8, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone I know?:-)
Maybe. One of them is pretty Sihk(sic).

;-p

#598401 Feb 8, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>As the saying goes "with friends like that who needs enemies". So while people are suffering "god" just ignores them and turns a blind eye. Cute.
Then I'm sorry that you only see God as uncaring and blind. Sometimes we get very frustrated with God because he doesn’t give us what we want. We pray for something. We tell God that he needs to do this, and if he really loved us, he would give us this. And then God says no. We get mad at God and feel as be is blind and uncaring.
Sometimes, no is the correct answer.
In my humble opinion Mylan, God will not force his will on us. Ultimately, if we are so insistent on following a certain path or making a certain decision, he will allow us to do so, even if it is the wrong one.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#598402 Feb 8, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
YouTube!
Just don't purchase a computer from the A.C.M.E Corporation of Walla Walla, Washington.

That's all folks!

Location hidden

#598403 Feb 8, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe. One of them is pretty Sihk(sic).
;-p
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........I think Bugs Mylan Bunny knows a doc, he might know who she is.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#598404 Feb 8, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah! This guy is pissed off. Smart, highly trained, mentally unstable AND pissed off! No Bueno.
It's all bad. This guy means most of what he wrote on his manifesto. The rest he threw in to keep the cops off balance.
I'm not saying he's not mentally unstable and pissed. If revenge is what he's seeking, he's going about it wrong. If he didn't want notoriety, he wouldn't have sent a CD to Anderson Cooper.

His actions are good for notoriety. If he wanted revenge, he would have killed those on his list before ever revealing his identity.

#598405 Feb 8, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Just don't purchase a computer from the A.C.M.E Corporation of Walla Walla, Washington.
That's all folks!
http://youtu.be/0P49sLoe6H8

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#598406 Feb 8, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
Sometimes we get very frustrated with God because he doesn’t give us what we want. We pray for something. We tell God that he needs to do this, and if he really loved us, he would give us this. And then God says no. We get mad at God and feel as be is blind and uncaring.
Maybe that's how christians think but that has nothing to do with reasoning. The fact is there is nothing elevated or honorable about your "gods" character.

Oh and by the way, if jesus ever existed, then he was 96% chimpanzee. Imagine that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Buck Crick 63,213
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Liamm 653,562
girls, when is the first time u saw a penis (Feb '14) 22 min 13yokinkygirl 12
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 24 min LAWEST100 618,738
UK Phone Numbers for Fun 1 hr Marcen18064742 13
I'm so wet right now and want to talk dirty wit... (Jun '13) 1 hr Marcen18064742 64
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 2 hr Eduardo 42
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr DebraE 106,460
More from around the web